TV & Film Anyone else absolutely love Prince of Egypt?

HelloThere

I regret everything
Okay, I am not religious. I was raised in a Christian household, however, so we did own this movie. And even today, it still stands out as one of my all time favorite animated films ever. It has to be at least in my top five. Even my oldest brother, a strict athiest, claims this to be his all time favorite film last time I asked.
It's just so fucking good! Never has the beginning of a movie grasped me so quickly! Deliver Us is such an amazing song! Fuck it, I like almost all of the songs! I don't much like the ending song because it seemed kind of out of place, but holy shit. This movie is amazing. The visuals are insane! The animation is great! Holy fuck the characters are amazing! Everything about this movie is insane. Like I said, I'm not religious, but I could watch this movie a billion times and it would STILL be amazing! Is there anyone else out there who greatly appreciates this awesome movie?
Also, I just remembered why the music is so great. Hanz Zimmer, they got Hanz Zimmer to do it. Fucking genious!! 10/10, best Dreamworks movie ever. Tops them all.

P.S. The Plagues is such an amazing song. Amazing is an understatement, I can't think of the right word for this song. The composition itself just relays the emotions of Ramses, Moses, and the people being affected by the plagues and swarms. The angry horns and drums when Ramses sings, the sweet and sorrowful strings and flutes as Moses sings, the chorus as they show the visuals of the people and children huddling in fear at the swarms. It's so many emotions at one and it's beautiful. Am I the only one who tears up when Moses sings the line "All the innocent who suffer..." and they show the two children hiding fearfully in the corner of a building? Pulls at my heartstrings. Holy fuck it's a trip!

AND JAMES BAXTER DID THE ANIMATION HOLY SHIT THIS MOVIE JUST GOT 10 TIMES BETTER I KNEW IT WAS HIM!! ONLY ONE MAN IS THAT TALENTED HOLY FUCK THIS MOVIE IS INSANE!!

YOU LOVE THIS MOVIE TOO??? HOLY CRAP SOMETIMES I THINK I'M THE ONLY ONE

"WHEN YOU BELIEVE" IS ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE MOVIE SONGS, ESPECIALLY THE PLAYFUL PART WHEN THE CHILDREN ARE SINGING IN HEBREW? FAVORITE ADAPTATION OF A BIBLICAL STORY EVER, I HAVE TO SAY

I’m not even religious in the slightest anymore, but this movie is one I still go back to and watch. IMO it handles the religious aspect better than any other explicitly religious movie before or since. It’s a great adaptation of a biblical narrative that doesn’t tone down the God stuff but also portrays it in a way that doesn’t come off as preachy or overblown. I think the decision to make the voice of God sound just like Moses was a fascinating decision. You could read a lot into that

Last edited:
It's a real unappreciated gem from a studio whose animated works never really seemed to 'take off' like on a Disney level. Which is a shame, plus traditional animation >>> CG.

I also always liked Road to El Dorado and a LOT of my favorite Disney musicals are straight up forgotten. I LOVE the original Pete's Dragon and Hunchback of Notre Dame, Oliver & Company etc.

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Also am I the only one who after the film ended and I found out that Moses basically got screwed over was SUUUPER mad? xDD

The soundtrack to that movie ABSOLUTELY ROCKS! I wish DreamWorks would give this movie (and Road to El Dorado and CU) a little more attention nowadays, it's my favorite DreamWorks movie. Well..second favorite DreamWorks movie.

SHREK 2 BEST DREAMWORKS MOVIE BAYBEEEEE

The soundtrack to that movie ABSOLUTELY ROCKS! I wish DreamWorks would give this movie (and Road to El Dorado and CU) a little more attention nowadays, it's my favorite DreamWorks movie. Well..second favorite DreamWorks movie.

SHREK 2 BEST DREAMWORKS MOVIE BAYBEEEEE

I actually managed to get El Dorado on DVD which was pretty hard to find lol.

It's a real unappreciated gem from a studio whose animated works never really seemed to 'take off' like on a Disney level. Which is a shame, plus traditional animation >>> CG.

I also always liked Road to El Dorado and a LOT of my favorite Disney musicals are straight up forgotten. I LOVE the original Pete's Dragon and Hunchback of Notre Dame, Oliver & Company etc.

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Also am I the only one who after the film ended and I found out that Moses basically got screwed over was SUUUPER mad? xDD

I mean to be fair in the story, he didn't exactly get the best deal. According to the Bible, he actually died before they were all completely out of the dark, and Aaron took over.

I really only liked the ending because of his mother's voice singing "Deliver us!" lol

I mean to be fair in the story, he didn't exactly get the best deal. According to the Bible, he actually died before they were all completely out of the dark, and Aaron took over.

I really only liked the ending because of his mother's voice singing "Deliver us!" lol

Really? I admit I've never actually read it other than a bit of one that is more translated to modern speech...but I heard that Moses got locked out of Heaven or something didn't he?

Really? I admit I've never actually read it other than a bit of one that is more translated to modern speech...but I heard that Moses got locked out of Heaven or something didn't he?

I'm not sure about that part, but Moses got pretty mad at the Hebrews because they started worshipping an idol and he was like, "Are we seriously doing this right now?" In any case, he was old and died before they actually reached the Promised Land. He got to see it, but he didn't actually get to go there.

Yep, praise be the lord almighty for delivering us this story. All hail Dreamworks.

Its just saddening that the market transition led Disney to mix somebody else's cup of tea. I mean there still nice ones out there, just that I miss the oldies.

That is absolutely and completely wrong, for the most part. Cannonically by Christian belief, the Old Testament folk were still bound by the original sin when they died, so it took until Jesus came and redeemed humanity through His blood to allow them into Heaven.

Those 3 days he took to reassurect? He was basically sweeping people out of limbo.

That is absolutely and completely wrong, for the most part. Cannonically by Christian belief, the Old Testament folk were still bound by the original sin when they died, so it took until Jesus came and redeemed humanity through His blood to allow them into Heaven.

Those 3 days he took to reassurect? He was basically sweeping people out of limbo.

OOoh well that's pretty cool! I'm agnostic but I'm more open to Christianity than I used to be...I used to be one of those cringy anti-theists with a smug attitude and chip on his shoulder who always had an axe to grind with believers.

I'm just glad I got out of that edgy-phase and didn't end up a nihilist.

Also that makes Jesus an entire extra level of cool for doing that ^_^

OOoh well that's pretty cool! I'm agnostic but I'm more open to Christianity than I used to be...I used to be one of those cringy anti-theists with a smug attitude and chip on his shoulder who always had an axe to grind with believers.

I'm just glad I got out of that edgy-phase and didn't end up a nihilist.

Also that makes Jesus an entire extra level of cool for doing that ^_^
Yup :)

Oh and just for clarification, while I don't know too much about Judaism, from what I can tell Moses and the like are considered pretty important pillars to their culture (the laws of Moses, God calling himself by saying "the God of Abraham, Isaac (...)"), so I believe in their belief those just went straight to Heaven.

It used to make me uncomfortable but eversince I've become more open minded I've been more appreciative of the film.

Holy crap, a lot of other people out there love/like this movie!! My family was strictly religious up until my early tweens and then we sort of fell out of it. But this movie has stuck with me all these years!

Okay, I am not religious. I was raised in a Christian household, however, so we did own this movie. And even today, it still stands out as one of my all time favorite animated films ever. It has to be at least in my top five. Even my oldest brother, a strict athiest, claims this to be his all time favorite film last time I asked.
It's just so fucking good! Never has the beginning of a movie grasped me so quickly! Deliver Us is such an amazing song! Fuck it, I like almost all of the songs! I don't much like the ending song because it seemed kind of out of place, but holy shit. This movie is amazing. The visuals are insane! The animation is great! Holy fuck the characters are amazing! Everything about this movie is insane. Like I said, I'm not religious, but I could watch this movie a billion times and it would STILL be amazing! Is there anyone else out there who greatly appreciates this awesome movie?
Also, I just remembered why the music is so great. Hanz Zimmer, they got Hanz Zimmer to do it. Fucking genious!! 10/10, best Dreamworks movie ever. Tops them all.

P.S. The Plagues is such an amazing song. Amazing is an understatement, I can't think of the right word for this song. The composition itself just relays the emotions of Ramses, Moses, and the people being affected by the plagues and swarms. The angry horns and drums when Ramses sings, the sweet and sorrowful strings and flutes as Moses sings, the chorus as they show the visuals of the people and children huddling in fear at the swarms. It's so many emotions at one and it's beautiful. Am I the only one who tears up when Moses sings the line "All the innocent who suffer..." and they show the two children hiding fearfully in the corner of a building? Pulls at my heartstrings. Holy fuck it's a trip!
I have heard of it, but I want to watch it now :3
I typically don't watch religious movies (despite being religious... okay, okay, I DO, like... 30% of the time. No, probably 15%... when is the last time I've watched one...? anyways...) but I've heard of it too many times now to not watch it... XD

YES!

The visuals and story are beautiful and the music is amazing. I cry through 45% of it, which is normally how I gage how good a movie is

Yes, yes, yes! It's one of my favourites. I am religious, but I loved it even back in my atheist days. It's a genuine masterpiece in every way.

Seeing this on the front page, I thought it was going to say "Anyone else absolutely love prin- gles?" Hell yeah I do, lol.

As for Prince of Egypt, I absolutely love it! It's amazing how true to the real story it is. Not to mention the soundtrack is absolutely amazing. I wish the movie got more credit.

the first time i watched this movie was at 3am while eating halved baby tomatoes drowned in salt

it was awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back