Chitchat Any Weird Fears?

I'm Trypophobic.

Explaining it to ppl is always a pain, and people often don't understand why some things freak me out but other things they'd assume a trypohpic would hate - don't freak me out.

It's hard to explain tbh.....then again my brain is hard to explain in general. ( :P )​

[QUOTE="Miss Electric Daisy]

I'm Trypophobic.

Explaining it to ppl is always a pain, and people often don't understand why some things freak me out but other things they'd assume a trypohpic would hate - don't freak me out.

It's hard to explain tbh.....then again my brain is hard to explain in general. ( :P )​

[/QUOTE]
Phobias are weird.

Human beings are weird in general.

Wellll, when I was a kid, I was really scared of Courage the Cowardly Dog. I was convinced that show was gonna try to steal my soul if I watched it. Kinda feel like I missed out on some old 90's/early 00's fun...

Saturn said:
Wellll, when I was a kid, I was really scared of Courage the Cowardly Dog. I was convinced that show was gonna try to steal my soul if I watched it. Kinda feel like I missed out on some old 90's/early 00's fun...
OMG I LOVED that show so much growing up! But it's funny you mention it being creepy, my mum always use to say "this is so NOT a kids show!" because of all the insanely creepy and bizarre crap. So it's understandable imo that some kids were thoroughly freaked out by Courage the Cowardly Dog!

I loved it though, and I totally recommend you watching it now as an adult
(<3.<3)(<3.<3)(<3.<3)

I'm afraid of spiders, except the ones most people are terrified of, like tarantulas. I've held tarantulas and let them crawl on me, but I freak whenever even the tiniest spider crawls on me. I want a pet tarantula, but I scream at the sight of a spider the size of a dime.

I've never been afraid of anything physical, or real world situations.

Like I've been spooked before, or had nightmares. But nothing generally scared me, as like a rule whenever I think of this, or I'm around this I'm scared.

The only thing that's ever scared me, is waking up one day and realizing I wasted my life. Had that fear for years now. But as time passes my apathy dulls the fear, at this point I already know that my life is a waste.

It's kind of hard to be scared of that, disappointed slightly. But not fearful.

So long as my apathy doesn't wash away.

i used to be afraid of compliments, and the fear still sort of lingers.

i'm also afraid of solid colored pictures, horses, and most sea animals that are stuck in the deep down of the ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love laying out in the sun, but every so often I GENUINELY gripped with fear that an airplane part/frozen shit will fall out of the sky and kill me.

I'm not joking. You are statistically more likely to have this happen to you than be bitten by a shark, and when I learned that, a new anxiety was born... Every so often when I lay out, I keep an eye open...

Roo said:
I've never been afraid of anything physical, or real world situations.
Like I've been spooked before, or had nightmares. But nothing generally scared me, as like a rule whenever I think of this, or I'm around this I'm scared.

The only thing that's ever scared me, is waking up one day and realizing I wasted my life. Had that fear for years now. But as time passes my apathy dulls the fear, at this point I already know that my life is a waste.

It's kind of hard to be scared of that, disappointed slightly. But not fearful.

So long as my apathy doesn't wash away.
If you rp, you create things, ideas that no one ever has before. That is never a waste. Bringing joy or entertainment to an otherwise listless day is never wasteful.

Death? Im sure that isn't unusual.... well, when I was young, I was so scared of this shadow because i thought it might eat me.. It also moves, and until now, i still don't know where that shadow came from ... (grammar)

When I was a kid, vacuum cleaners scared me half to death.

I would run into my room and cry.

I think I just hated how loud they were.

Nowadays, I have a slightly rational but mostly rational fear...

People are not allow to touch the inside of my wrists.

I just imagine them snapping like worn out rubber bands if anyone tries to press them and that freaks me out.

I don't like holding hands with fingers interlaced because then I can vividly imagine the bones of our knuckles grinding against each other.

The other taboo spot for me is my collarbone and anything in between up until my neck.

I feel like if someone presses there too hard that it'll tear like paper, and idk I guess I'll just have some gaping hole in my neck.

I think it's probably just weird the WAY I imagine these things haha.

Until now I'm still afraid of clown. Usually when I was a kid there would be at least 1 or 2 injured clown in my birthday party.

I also really hate spider! Especially the hairy one. Also I hate vast area like beach or sea or sky, I don't know why but it's really scary for me

Yes... Let's see...

After seeing the movie Devil I haven't been able to get into an elevator with people. And if I get on by myself I have to pray Our Father until I get to my floor.

I had an internship at a hospital and the doctor I was shadowing was on the fifth floor of the hospital. Worst internship of my life...well getting to the fifth floor.

I'm not sure you'd categorize it as a fear, but I get a lot of anxiety while talking on the phone. I'll do anything in my power to avoid it. I'll send the person an email before I pick up the phone to talk. If the conversation goes longer than 5 minutes I start stuttering so badly the people on the other end can't understand me.

Lastly when I was little I was terrified of the doorbell. When I'd hear the doorbell ringing I'd scream and run underneath the kitchen table crying in fear. It got so bad that at one point, my mom had to disconnect the doorbell so I wouldn't cry anymore.

I have a weird fear that I can recall now.

Walking under large bridges. I always feel like they'll collapse on top of me and I'll be stuck, not even crushed to death. Just the stuckness.

Anyway, there is that!

Butterflies. I have a very irrational fear of butterflies, I hate how spuratic they are with their flying and it freaks me out when they fly infront of me

I have a fear for tractors since I was a kid. They are just so big and make a lot of noise.

Also I have a fear of swallowing, what actually got me in problems once.

Many not weird ones but my weird one is horses. I hate their rolling eyes and big teeth. They terrify me.

I'm afraid of all kinds of shit, it's incredible really. Most of the things I'm scared of aren't weird at all, like heights, clowns, or everyone dying and leaving me alone. You know, that kind of absolutely normal shit. HOWEVER... That being said, I have some weird ass fears.

Like, I'm terrified of moths... Kamikaze night butterflies of doom, really. Or like, I'm kinda scared of the concept of time, in all its made up glory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back