Chitchat Any Weird Fears?

Balloons, party poppers, firecrackers, basically anything that pops; clowns like most people; and things that may be possibly lurking in deep water. ( :x )

I am absolutely terrified by butterflies and moths. I don't know what it is about them but they freak me out big time.

Coin said:
I am absolutely terrified by butterflies and moths. I don't know what it is about them but they freak me out big time.
They flutter. They were grubby caterpies at one point in their life before randomly turning into cascoon/silcoon. They flutter. And moths smear a dust on surfaces it touches. They flutter.

Heights isn't really a weird fear but it's all I've got. If I'm higher than one floor up I can't go near railings or balconies, I just can't.

I get paranoid about candy/chocolate sometimes even though I have a huge sweet tooth, though I think I might actually be justified in this.

You see, my grandma is pretty old and she's got her wits about her, except for when it comes to food (well, sometimes she tells me, "go get ____ from the basement" and I have to remind her she hasn't had a basement in 25 years). To start with, she often doesn't read labels at all because her English is not good. She often forgets just how long she's had certain food until you realize the sour cream on your potato is green.

When I was maybe 11, she handed me a Mr. Goodbar, and I dutifully bit into it. But my mouth felt weird... like something was moving in it. I ran to a mirror and sure enough, my mouth was full of little white maggots, and I freaked out.

For years I would even break M&Ms in half. Though I got less paranoid, I have never eaten another Mr. Goodbar. Sometimes it's not even chocolate, I break everything in half like I'm constantly holding communion.

Thanks grandma!

[QUOTE="s o l o]I get paranoid about candy/chocolate sometimes even though I have a huge sweet tooth, though I think I might actually be justified in this.
You see, my grandma is pretty old and she's got her wits about her, except for when it comes to food (well, sometimes she tells me, "go get ____ from the basement" and I have to remind her she hasn't had a basement in 25 years). To start with, she often doesn't read labels at all because her English is not good. She often forgets just how long she's had certain food until you realize the sour cream on your potato is green.

When I was maybe 11, she handed me a Mr. Goodbar, and I dutifully bit into it. But my mouth felt weird... like something was moving in it. I ran to a mirror and sure enough, my mouth was full of little white maggots, and I freaked out.

For years I would even break M&Ms in half. Though I got less paranoid, I have never eaten another Mr. Goodbar. Sometimes it's not even chocolate, I break everything in half like I'm constantly holding communion.

Thanks grandma!

[/QUOTE]
Maybe the Mr. Goodbar wasn't such a good idea after all, grandma.

/imsryicouldnthelpit.

I'm absolutely terrified of going down things like ladders. I don't know why, I guess it's the fear of falling or heights, but going up trees and ladders is perfectly fine most of the time, but the thought of going down makes me want to curl up in a ball and stay there forever. Even if it's a tiny step ladder, or just jumping off a chair. Its really strange...

Moths and Elevators. I have no idea why I fear these things I just do. I'm willing to walk multple flight of stairs JUST to avoid going on an elevator.

Oh, I thought of another weird fear! xD

Because of my overly religious family, I'm terrified of the End Times.

Good job, parents.

Water (More so swimming or being subermerged in it) I love the ocean, standing in and watching it. Waterfalls, rain, streams, love'm. But being in it past the thighs just troubles me deeply, I nearly drowned as a child, or at least that's wait recall from the incident, thanks to irresponsible supervision of a sibling. I guess that's why it bothers me.

Don't know if that's a respect for water or a fear though, honestly.

Late night horror movie (or Spotify) commercials. They should be BANNED I mean come on Nick I'm devotedly watching The Nanny and all of the sudden there's this crawling thing on the ceiling!

Animosity. Specifically of which has to do with my mom and any harm, mostly emotionally, that befalls her. Has caused me anxiety to intense degrees.

MONKEYS. THEY'RE VICIOUS AND TOO HUMANISH BUT NOT ENOUGH AND EW.

Bug buzzing. You should see me when a fly whizzes by, if I can't contact my mom to end it's life with the local paper I'm executing some odd tribal dance/ninja moves to keep it away. Same for bees and gnats, I'll tie my hoodie comically tight, lunge for the earphones or plain reliquinish my room to it and surrender. At a young age, a horse fly brushed against my ear. I still remember playing in the yard and falling victim to it's lack of direction. OF ALL THE SPOTS AVAILABLE YOU CHOSE MY EAR?

And then I had a gnat fly in my ear continuously buzzing at a pitch that left me helpless and flailing like a Magikarp. Went to the ER and the doc said nothing was there. Swear I heard it for years and years after. God awful truth.

I CAUGHT A SPIDER THE SIZE OF MY HAND IN A CUP AT CAMP, like no problem whatsoever. Furry, brown, huge, seven girls run screaming and I just waltzed over and scooped it up (and accidentally killed it, albeit remorsefully). But buzzing? No. Flies also disturb me to the cringing and running point.

Bug legs and how they brush themselves. Ew.

ANTS? It's the worst. I lose my appetite, narrowly escape the bathroom from the one brown spec on the sink, nearly end a pubic outing after hamboning myself.

regular-show-hamboning-o.gif

I have this weird thing where if I fear something, I try my best to overcome it. I just went sky diving a few weeks ago to overcome my fear of heights. Buuuuuuuut I'm scared of realistic horror movies. I'm not scared that I'll be the target or something like that but someone close or dear to me will be... oh and I hate mutants/cannibals like the ones is the Hills Have Eyes. I can't overcome those fears lol

I have this weird fear of unknown things or new things. Seriously, other people would be like, "Oh demn this hellish new trend, this is awesome as sh*t! ٩(*ゝڡ◕๑)۶♥"

But then I'm like, "I don't know this, so I hate to say that this is kinda getting creepy. )Д⊙`)"

^It's in general. I hate trying something new, or discovering something new. Though I'm trying to over come this kind of fear myself.

When i was a little kid, I was afraid of the shadow of an antique teapot my mom out on top of the bookshelve in our living room.

And then there's been a looo period where I was afraid of turkeys... I worked at a petting zoo with an aggressive turkey....

Still scared of the dark..... Most the time I think Michael or some cereal killer is going to pop up and just kill me. On the stairs.

When I was little, I lived in the desseet, and when I first saw a tree I was about 6 and was terrified that it would fall over and land on me or something along those lines.

Elmo still creeps me out from time to time....

When I was a kid, I used to have a fear of seeing faces on the ceiling for no reason, so I sleeped to the side, which wasn't a comfortable position for me.

That stage passed, but still, pretty weird.

I hate clusters and holes. A lot, as in I actually feel nauseous when I see them. Stuff like honeycomb, barnacles, and groups of insects make me feel really sick. Apparently it's called trypophobia, and it's not that uncommon.

Although that might not be a fear necessarily, more of a disgust. For fears, probably sleep paralysis. And I get it a lot unfortunately - it's when you wake up during the night but you're unable to move or talk, and sometimes you see or hear hallucinations. It's not dangerous, and quite a few people experience it, but when I didn't know what it was it was pretty scary.

tsundere said:
I hate clusters and holes. A lot, as in I actually feel nauseous when I see them. Stuff like honeycomb, barnacles, and groups of insects make me feel really sick. Apparently it's called trypophobia, and it's not that uncommon.
Although that might not be a fear necessarily, more of a disgust. For fears, probably sleep paralysis. And I get it a lot unfortunately - it's when you wake up during the night but you're unable to move or talk, and sometimes you see or hear hallucinations. It's not dangerous, and quite a few people experience it, but when I didn't know what it was it was pretty scary.
I have experienced sleep paralysis once. I had a insufferable back pain and I had to sleep with my chest up otherwise the pain would be so great I wouldn't be able to breathe and sleep properly.

When I woke up in the morning I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. It was like there was a massive anvil crushing me, and I heard those different voices. They were discussing if they should "let me go" or "stay with me and have fun a little more"

They apparently reached the former conclusion, because I could move again after a few minutes.

Neptz said:
I have experienced sleep paralysis once. I had a insufferable back pain and I had to sleep with my chest up otherwise the pain would be so great I wouldn't be able to breathe and sleep properly.
When I woke up in the morning I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. It was like there was a massive anvil crushing me, and I heard those different voices. They were discussing if they should "let me go" or "stay with me and have fun a little more"

They apparently reached the former conclusion, because I could move again after a few minutes.
Yeah, it's really scary, especially if you're not aware of what it is. I always feel like I'm being crushed as well, but the hallucinations are the worst part for me. My doctor said it was caused by stress, but having it every night didn't exactly lower my stress levels ( :P )

tsundere said:
Yeah, it's really scary, especially if you're not aware of what it is. I always feel like I'm being crushed as well, but the hallucinations are the worst part for me. My doctor said it was caused by stress, but having it every night didn't exactly lower my stress levels ( :P )
I've read online that not sleeping with your chest up and not eating right before you sleep helps, but I can't confirm if it's true or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back