Chitchat Any Weird Fears?

This fear is kind of silly. I have a fear of deep water, not only in real life, but also in video games.

SunnyFlare said:
This fear is kind of silly. I have a fear of deep water, not only in real life, but also in video games.
I actually can't stand anything in video games where you have to go underwater. Even in like, Super Mario 64. *shudders*

Stormblessed said:
I actually can't stand anything in video games where you have to go underwater. Even in like, Super Mario 64. *shudders*
That's actually where it started! Like, I don't remember what the level was called but it was the one where you were small on an island and I remember there being a fish in the water, and it spooked me.

I am terrified of chickens. I watched one get it's head get cut off, and the damn body kept running towards me--until it dropped.

I was about five or six when this happened, therefore I have been absolutely petrified of them since. I really like to eat chicken, though.

My husband jokes that I'm getting revenge every time I eat chicken, therefore we eat a lot of chicken. >.<

I also have a horrible fear of loosing teeth. It's like my worst fear, ever. I'm very big about dental hygiene, and the idea of teeth rotting or falling out just terrifies me.

KayDuckula said:
I also have a horrible fear of loosing teeth. It's like my worst fear, ever. I'm very big about dental hygiene, and the idea of teeth rotting or falling out just terrifies me.
Really? I thought this was only me! I sometimes have nightmares where my teeth fall out!

I also have a really big fear of my feet or hands being injured... somehow, that's just much grosser to think about than other body parts.

Haha, this is funny. I have a plethora of fears.

-ALL insects & arachnids (including butterflies & ladybugs) especially arachnids, and ants, flying beetles, bees

-Big 'ol fear of strangers, big huge one

-Needles, needles, needles, I blame my doctors who don't know how to give shots, makin it feel like a knife wound.

-The unknown, by extension, the dark.

-Dolls , statues, and mannequins, no thanks, no no no.

-Talking in front of and to people.

-I was nearly drowned so I fear swimming in any depth of water.

-Ghosts, afraid of 'em.

-Anything with fake eyes on it that is looking at me, I'm always worried the eyes will suddenly move.

I think that might be it, I'm kind of a big wimp though so I'm not sure.

I used to have a phobia of umbrellas and hands, I can explain the umbrella one but other than that I got nothin.

I have this fear of being locked in a bathroom so whenever I go into a public bathroom or one that I'm not used to, I always check for an escape just in case I ever get stuck.

I think it stemmed from grade school when this new girl came to the school and got locked in the bathroom. She couldn't get out and had to crawl under the door. I think that really scared me and now it's followed me all my life.

I forgot, I also have a fear of bird feathers. My friends make fun of me because of this and they tease but those things scare me. I think it's mostly because i see birds bathing in gutters or dirty water for that matter and I don't want their disgusting little feathers to touch me.

But on the other hand I love store bought feathers. I just hate when they just fall off a bird or when it came directly from a bird. If you want me to touch a bird feather, you'll have to wash it and clean it real good.

I'm afraid of Barney the dinosaur after I watched it alone at night in a dark house as a kid. I'm also TERRIFIED of white/red text on an all black background (ie on phones, tvs, monitors). At night, forget about it. I'm also not a fan of the THX movie openings and the voices that say things like 'viewer discretion is advised'.

I get absolutely petrified over any threat to my personal library. If I am caught in the rain with a book, I'll take off my raincoat to wrap it up. You could probably make me kill someone by stealing and threatening my copy of The Flight of the Dragonfly. (:'()

[QUOTE="Soo Soo Sook]I get absolutely petrified over any threat to my personal library. If I am caught in the rain with a book, I'll take off my raincoat to wrap it up. You could probably make me kill someone by stealing and threatening my copy of The Flight of the Dragonfly. (:'()

[/QUOTE]
Books are precious.

I'm also completely terrified of being outside after dark. No matter where I am. I can't even camp or anything like that. That may be common sense, though, since I live in a bit of a rough neighbourhood.

Balloons, I have always had a deep seated phobia of loud noises. (Fireworks, balloons, guns, sirens, etc...) But when it comes to balloons, I need to just get away from it. Especially if it's a little kid playing with it and it could pop any second. I think it's because a few years ago I was at a restaurant leaving when the staff were having fun popping balloons and one jumped on five at the same time. I was halfway across the room before I realized what was going on.

Same with sirens, I was taking a walk with my mom when a cop car was driving by us. As soon as he was right next to us he turned on the siren. I smashed into my mom to get away from the noise and was in a fetal seconds later. I've been jumpy about them ever since.

I am terrified of depths. I can't be more than one or two stories below ground or water. Caves and deep subbasements creep me out just looking into them.

I think it comes from when I was six or seven and in school and a teacher asked me to bring something to the basement. Our school had seemingly endless basements and subbasements and I got totally lost. It was dark, damp, and full of weird noises. It felt like I was going deep into the earth never to see the sun again!

I'll have to go with flying insects as well. Pretty much only flying insects. I'm cool with spiders and beetles and used to be fine with earwigs until I found out them bastards can fly too. At first I thought it was just normal things like wasps and horseflies that literally nobody likes: Until my family visited a butterfly habitat. God I've never been so uncomfortable in my life.

Craneflies are the worst by far, though.

mostly I'm not afraid of much- except shipment trucks. When ever I drive past one, I get that feeling in my head. (BP) Kinda sucks.

chesirekitten said:
mostly I'm not afraid of much- except shipment trucks. When ever I drive past one, I get that feeling in my head. (BP) Kinda sucks.
Urgh, I have the feeling that it's going to fall on my head... Oh, the agony.

I'm terrified I mean absolutely petrified of spit. I remember my friend one time spit in the pool and I literally freaked out. I'm also a slight germaphobe (don't know if I spelled that right) so that doesn't help. I remember being told in like 3rd grade that when you drink something spit goes to the bottom of the cup. I don't even know if it's true but to this day I won't drink about the bottom inch of a drink.

Waterslides are terrifying... the thought of flying over the edge and splattering onto the pavement below? No thanks. I also am afraid of getting stuck/ getting hit by someone behind me/ getting disoriented and breaking my neck or something in the closed tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back