• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy And then there was you (looking for partners!) (Ignore post count)

Reid

certified jin guangyao apologist 🧚‍♂️
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Originally, this was supposed to be a novel story of mine but those never go anywhere lmao so I usually turn them into roleplays. Although, I was hesitant about this one.

This is in the route of horror/mystery and a dash of supernatural elements. I'm not too big on the character sheet thing, so I don't require that sort of thing, I prefer building characters through roleplay.
The setting is medieval-ish.

The storyline for this went a bit like:

In this world, vampires are not as fantastic and powerful as they are depicted in popular media. While they do have increased strength, hearing, and they do age considerably slower than humans, they are neither able to fly, or command fire with their minds Anne Rice-style. Still, they do require blood in order to sustain themselves and that is where the trouble begins. In this kingdom, humans are very very aware of vampires. In fact, vampires were hunted into near extinction by groups of so called "professional" hunters. Until one vampire, styling himself as Litvas begins to rally the vampires. Working together in secret to protect themselves and ultimately, Litvas' goal was to find the "piece of the sun" an artifact from old legend that supposedly allowed a vampire to walk in daylight. Until they were betrayed, their meeting place discovered and Litvas murdered right before the eyes of his son. The son, only nine years old at the time, was taken to the King as a "trophy" and evidence of the hunters' success. The king decided to bury the vampire child alive under the castle, behind an heavy metal door that no one was to open under any circumstances. Over time, the son soon began to "dry out" and become more corpse than person with the lack of blood. Still conscious to a degree, but weak and far away into his own mind. although, strangely enough, his body aged despite this, although again, extremely slow as was normal for his kind.

Years pass, and the king passes away and is replaced by his own son. By all means, this son was the complete opposite of his father. Now a young man rather than a child when the events of the Litvas incident occurred, he does not believe in the occult or vampires. As there were so few of them now and so few reports of any activities, he reasoned that it was all a lie, the ravings of mad peasants. He wasn't aware of the locked away hidden chamber below the Castle. Very few trusted servants knew, and they avoided the place.

All was well in the kingdom, until the king began to act strangely. His personal physician reports of the king complaining of odd dreams, of women and children screaming in a burning fire and that it always ends with hands pulling him away and hearing the words papa! papa! echo in his ears. The king was given a tonic to hopefully relieve these night terrors but they grew worse. Once or twice, he woke up in the middle of a field, having no memory of getting there with blood on his robes. This is when the king's personal council began to receive reports of horrid murders in the inner city, innocent people found butchered in their own homes with a cryptic message left in blood at the scene which read,

Blood on my hands.
Blood on your hands,
your rivers will run red,
it cannot be washed out.

This was brought to the attention of the king, who, according to some council members, seemed rather amused by all this rather than appalled. He was described as seeming distracted, unfocused. Like he was there but not there. He now spoke to himself often, arguing to "someone" and servants start talking about his nightly disappearances, the blood they had to wash out of his clothes, and the bruises on his pale arms.....

Who was behind the murders? And what was wrong with the king?

------------------------------

I think its pretty obvious ;)

I'm looking for someone who is interested in playing either the possessed king or the vampire son. Whichever you're interested in playing, just tell me first before we start.
This can be in private messages or in the 1/1 forum, doesn't matter

Last edited:
Alright. I'll shoot you one in a sec. Let me see if I remember how lol

Reid Reid Would you be playing the character that wasn't chosen? Or do you have another character you want to play?
The roles are the new king or the vampire son. I have no preference for either, I made it open ended (by not going too specific about the characters) so potential partners could choose whichever they wanted to play.

The roles are the new king or the vampire son. I have no preference for either, I made it open ended (by not going too specific about the characters) so potential partners could choose whichever they wanted to play.
Ah okay. I'm interested in this, but I feel I need more info about what's going on and how exactly it's happening in terms of the possession. Would our characters interact on a mental plane? Would they have a struggle for control over the king's body? We can discuss it over PM if you want.

Sure, no problem.

bump bump, gonna revive this one

I'd love to work something out with you! If it's still open, we can discuss the details in a DM! If you'd like to work something out, just shoot me a DM. :)

Sure, I'll shoot you a DM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back