• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Quentin's vision became blurred as a crown was placed on top of his head. When the smoke cleared he was surrounded by clones of dark kotsu. "Really? You can't just fight me one on one?" And then he heard the voice. The one that pierced his ears. His head turned toward the sound as he saw he body slump over. "You. Fucked. Up" was all he said. He clapped his hands together as he started to absorb all the fire that was around him. "Hell's Ritual" a fire pentagram appeared at his feet. Another two chains broke. The rage he felt made him skip a level of his demon form. Following a deep growl, Quentin unleashed a fire wave knocking anything around him over. What stood at the center was a mere shadow. Quentin's skin was melted away and his fire was now black.

Not holding back, he leaped and dashed attacking everything in his way. His strength and speed were increased and his fire was strong. Throwing fire balls at anything that moved. For this moment, Quentin forgot his team was next to him. "Face me yourself you bastard! These petty clones are a waste of my time!" His voice was demonic.

Quentin fell down on all fours. His body was growing and he sprouted wings and a tail. He flew into the air and came back down with a fire earthquake. "Fight me now coward!"

The barn went up in flames as Sam and Quentin let out their rampages, the destruction of the barn felt like it would be imminent. And then without warning, the barn began to fix itself almost instaneously. No sooner than it had been engulfed in flames and destruction, it had been immediately repaired with the gore and all. The only indication of the destruction that had transpired was that of their comrades panting and gasping. Burns and blood dripped from their bodies as the Dark Kotsus reformed, laughing once more.

"Absolutely marvelous!" They all exclaimed at the same time, as they took another Dark Kotsu and ran their hand through their chest. Sam would see Blue Owl doing this to Alex and Quentin would see Denton summon his own father to impale Vivian's screaming form. The Dark Kotsu's began to turn into the visage of Denton for Quentin.

The Dark Kotsu who was run through with a hand sticking out of his chest had blood coming out of his mouth with a crazed laugh. He glared down the group. "We're not done with playtime yet!"

Battle of mind not might
Blue owl was not impressed.

Neither was red.

"Illusions? Your using mental magic on a seasoned mind mage?" Blue owl listens to her illusions taunt her then reclines unbothered by it all.

"Please I've been creating illusions in peoples heads since I was four." She yawns.

"Indeed." Red owl says floating beside her.

"This is childs play." Yellow Owl says crossing her little arms, "But the others they are not as mentally strong, I think Sam and Quentin are loosing their minds."

Red owl stands straight and say in a commanding voice. "Yellow owl counter his mental attacks on our allies as best you can, blue try and provoke Dark kotsu. He's a sadist if we aren't suffering he will not be satisfied. Use that against him he will mess up, he'll reveal him self too much and then we attack."

"You don't tell me what to do I tell me what to do." Blue Owl hisses.

"But I am you."

"...point taken."

Red and yellow Owl vanish in order to complete their tasks. Blue owl manifests a soda and a rocking chair. She sits in it and looks up at her illusions then shouts.

"IM BORED! Dark kotsu, you're boring me, all of me. Is this all you can do? this is the extent of your mental manipulation? I'm not some overly emotional vampire, I'm not an irrational cyborg, I'm not a child. I am owl the most powerful mind mage in the sand lands if not the world! And I find your games as threatening as a fart in the wind. Stop boring me and show me what you can really do...Or is this it?"

While Blue owl taunts dark Kostu yellow owl reaches her mind out to the others and starts supporting them.

She manifests her self as Quentins mother and hugs him whispering kind words into his ear. "Don't listen to his lies my son, focus on me this is a nightmare. It is not real,."

Sam is about to impale another blue owl when her target suddenly turns into a yellow one. Yellow owl says to her pleadingly. "My friend don't give him the satisfaction of your anguish, starve him of it. ACT BORED the more you react the stronger he gets. This is a mental battle you must control your emotions and counter his mental trickery with stoicism." Yellow owl transforms into a giant plush rabbit and wraps Sam in a warm hug. "I will protect you from his mind attacks but only if you can control your self, calm Samantha, calm."

Yellow owls mind reaches out to Joe, Aria, Denton and all the others with the same message. "Don't react, don't play his game this is a battle of wills not might."

Meanwhile Red owl tries to locate Dark kotsu mind with in the chaos. his mental attacks were powerful and she wasn't sure even with yellow owls mental support whether her allies could last. But if she could just find him, just engage him in battle put her mind against his, she was certain she could beat him, or at least free the others from their mental anguish.

KotaKotsu KotaKotsu

Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

AbatedBigfoot AbatedBigfoot

Kinggunlucky Kinggunlucky

TheAdept TheAdept

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

Freikugel Freikugel

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Last edited:
"My friend don't give him the satisfaction of your anguish, starve him of it. ACT BORED the more you react the stronger he gets. This is a mental battle you must control your emotions and counter his mental trickery with stoicism." Yellow owl transforms into a giant plush rabbit and wraps Sam in a warm hug. "I will protect you from his mind attacks but only if you can control your self, calm Samantha, calm."

The response from the engineer wasn't one of logic or reason. With a clink, Sam's weapons reconfigured into the spiral cannon. "Run, run, little rabbit," Sam said as she charged the blast.

The response from the engineer wasn't one of logic or reason. With a clink, Sam's weapons reconfigured into the spiral cannon. "Run, run, little rabbit," Sam said as she charged the blast.

Yellow Owl flies back a bit, but doesn't run, doesn't even attempted to dodge she looks at sam with a hard expression. "You're not going to shoot me Sam, your stronger than that. So no I'm not going to run."

01 was in a tremendous amount of pain. The clones hit quite hard, he hadn't been expecting that. He thought the copies would be far weaker than the original. He might have been able to tough it out, had the barn not collapsed over him. He was trapped beneath a burning beam, his rib cage was being crushed. Had they been in reality, he would be certain that several bones had been fractured, if not completely broken. He planted his hands on the beam, and tried to lift it off. It was beginning to shift, before the barn suddenly repaired, freeing him from the burning wreckage.

02 didn't fair much better. He was primarily a long range fighter, he was supposed to remain in the back lines, but with the clones hammering him, he went down quite quickly. He felt pain blossom in his stomach. Looking down, a large, sharp piece of wood had managed to pierce through his abdomen. He clutched at the piece of wreckage, trying to pull it out to no avail. Eventually, he felt the wood slide out of him, leaving a large hole in its wake. "D-Dammit...!" He muttered as he tried to apply pressure to the bleeding wound. "0-01... h-help..." He called out weakly.

01, hearing his twin, quickly turned and rushed over to him. "I-It's gonna be fine, just relax." He said quietly as he grabbed out a healing potion and some salve. As the fight continued around the two, he could only hope that those still in their right minds could cover him. 02 was in no fit state to be moved or fight. If they died here then...! He didn't want to think about it. He fed 02 the potion, as he began to liberally apply the salve to the open wound, watching it slowly begin to seal shut, it was almost agonizingly slow. There'd be nothing he could do, except protect 02 while he recovered.

He got back to his feet after having done everything he could. For now, he'd have to play defensively. If anyone came near him, he'd have to cut them down, whether it was Sam or Quentin. He didn't want to harm his allies, but if it was him or them, he was going to choose himself. "Stay back!" He called out.

"You're not going to shoot me Sam, your stronger than that. So no I'm not going to run."

"Die." The blue glow released into the spiralling drill beam, accompanied by a missile swarm, punching through the illusion like a red hot knife through warm butter.

Yellow owl realizes samantha was still going to fire, she swoops out of the way just as Sams blaster fires a beam straight past her.

"Sam it's me you dumby I'm your friend I'm trying to help you!"

What Yellow Owl didn't realize was that there were three Dark Kotsu clones poised above her on the rafters of the barn. They dropped on top of her with blinding speed as others proceeded to dog pile onto her. Yellow Owl began to feel bite after bite of fangs tearing hard into her flesh.

Another Dark Kotsu grabbed Denton while he was trying to avoid the others causing mayhem and destruction and brought him over to the scene while prying open his eyes.

"Watch your failure in your leadership. Watch a child die that you couldn't save. How much blood can you wade through before you realize that you're useless?" The Dark Kotsu was cackling wildly as Yellow Owl was screaming in pain and agony.

Kicking off a Dark Kotsu clone and using her mental magic to blast a few others was all Owl could do, but for every one she took care of, two more took their place. Yellow Owl began to feel her power draining from her with every bite into her body, and eventually, the Dark Kotsu's smiled at each other when she was submissive.

Kotsu looked at the display from the projector in the room, a mouth full of ticks that were scurrying out with fat and satisfied bodies. Some even popped in his mouth which made it look like he was drooling blood still from his cut out tongue. His eyes were full of fear, anger, and hatred.

"No, NO! DON'T YOU FUCKING DO THIS!" Kotsu pleaded to Dark Kotsu while Dark Kotsu returned his pleas with a cackle. Dark Kotsu placed a finger on his chin before he considered an offer to Kotsu.

"Tell Owl that you don't love her, and I'll spare her life. If you don't, I'll have her ripped apart in front of you." Red eyes glowing brighter as Dark Kotsu gave Kotsu the ultimatum. Kotsu tried lunging at Dark Kotsu, fangs elongated and teeth being bared.

"I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU! I'LL RIP YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF AND DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL! DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE DO THIS!" The chains were rattling and the chair was violently shaking as he was soon impaled by dark tendrils to hold him in place.

"Wrong move." Dark Kotsu said, and with a snap, the Dark Kotsu's ripped Yellow Owl's limbs off, and one grabbed her head, and proceeded to slowly twist it off. The camera zoomed into her face while it happened, and the Dark Kotsu clone that held her head licked the tears off of her dying face. He then proceeded to kiss her forehead before tossing her skull into the gore pile.

Kotsu's expression became blank, almost as if he couldn't process what had happened. His body began to shut down. His eyes were going dull. And he heard a voice in his head.

"Do you seek more power?"

Red and blue owl reel from the sudden destruction of one of them selves, Bickles hold his head in agony from the psychic backlash and the sand lands shake violently at the loss of such a powerful mind mage.

"What? what happened?" Bickle says .

"Yellow is gone..." Red owl says her eyes going wide.

"What how!?"

"Dk Got her."

Blue owl feels the mental shield that had protected her allies from her mind magic fade away. She smiles, how ironic that Sam was the one to rid her of her meddling smaller self and finally free her to tear into their thoughts. She smiles with all the cruelty of dark Kotsu.

Yellow owls sudden disappearance is felt by all of them. Her mind had covered theirs, shielded them from the mental intrusions of her blue self. Like a warm cover ripped off one on a cold night, they feel the protection vanish. The tendrils of Blue owls mental magic instantly start prying into their subconscious, they can feel her slowly inching in, reaching for their memories but unable to stop her.

That wasn't all, blue owl begins to grow in power dwarfing her red self as if her powers had always been limited by something. That limit was now gone and she glows brightly with malicious and growing eather, first things first.

It was time to finally deal with Samantha.

"Samantha." Samantha hears her voice in her head. "Now we end this."

Blue owl appears in front of her having completely forgotten about Dark Kotsu and the battle that was raging. Now was her chance, now this rivalry would come to an end.

Deadwood Deer Deadwood Deer

KotaKotsu KotaKotsu

Last edited:
Fuck.

No.

Denton's eyes widened, mouth falling open, and face draining of color at what happened. Yellow Owl had been been struck down by Dark Kotsu. He gritted his teeth. He...hadn't expected that. Or he did. The kid should have been more aware of her surroundingsr. No. His heart several beats, mind going blank. Two members turned against the team. No, three. Denton noted Blue Owl, saw her face twisted in sick pleasure at the death of her own counterpart. One killed. Two injured.

He took a step back, dodging one of the Kotsu clones. What to do? There were no clear paths to victory that were revealing themselves. Letting either Sam or Blue Owl die would be troublesome, although he was very tempted. Both were liabilities at this point and keeping his word to Kotsu and the others did have its limits. He cursed. Come on, think, think.

Denton felt very naked. The weakest powers out of everyone HERE...at least in the long run. Then there was the edgelord which caused this clusterfuck. How to tell which Dark Kotsu was the right one, though? He would have to go. Somehow. One problem at a time. The problem was that all the problems were happening at once. The reaper's scythe hung low, casting a long shadow over him and the rest. He closed his eyes, thinking of his daughter, her smile. Yellow Owl hadn't been much older than Isa.

He sighed, wishing for the heaviness on his shoulders and in his heart to be lightened. Yellow Owl was to valuable a person to be lost, to be so easily discarded. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

Denton started to draw magic in, to tap the well as he called it, not summoning the dead this time, though. He reached a hand out in the direction Yellow Owl had been, opening his 'third eye'. The magic caught on something.

A spirit began flickering into existence, a static image. Yellow Owl reaching out a hand to where Sam had a been. Denton and Yellow Owl connected. A blue electrical current running between the two. Yellow Owl's ghost shrieked, a psychic cry. It pierced the minds and hearts of all present, breaking their focuses. The spirit twisted, struggling against the magical pull of the current, but she failed. The phantom that was Yellow Owl was absorbed into Denton. The agent started screaming too. He collapsed on his knees, holding his head. A dead girl's emotions - her happiness, her sadness, her regrets, her goals. All flooded through him. His eyes glowed yellow, golden tears streaking out of them.

Denton's voice cracked, going hoarse, nose bleeding.

Wind howled. The debris around the area were picked, all launched in several directions, going at high speed in the direction of Sam, Blue Owl, Quentin, and the Dark Kotsus. A psychic bomb went off in the minds of the good, bad, and everyone inbetween. It pierced defenses. Emotions of all shapes and sizes assaulting all present.

Denton fell on his face, breaths heavy but steady. A soreness spread through him, pain in every joint, in every limb. He rolled on his back, smiling, staring up at the girl floating above him. His newest ghost. Yellow Owl floated above him. Her skin was a shining yellow, a steady glow of it as opposed to the white and gray so common among the other dead. Her eyes were wide, confused, hollow. The noise of the world went distant. Denton wondered if he himself died pulling her in.

He did not, though.

This was here.

This was now.

Yellow Owl was his.

Last edited:
"Samantha." Samantha hears her voice in her head. "Now we end this."

"There you are," Sam hissed. Even under Dark Kotsu's illusion, Sam wasn't so stupid as to take directly on a mind mage, in the mental realm. 'Workshop' erupted behind her in Greek letters, the portal to Sam's forge opening behind her. Backing into the portal, she felt DK's crown wear off, the illusion fading from her eyes. She saw clones of DK, and then pieces of Yellow on the ground. "What just happened?"

Then she realized there was a very pissed off Blue heading her way. "Bring it, bitch. I took a nuke to the face, what can you do?", Sam barked, backing into her forge.

Last edited:
Dark Kotsu was smiling at Kotsu's despair. He grabbed the bucket that had once held the ticks before he walked over to a cage full of rats with red eyes and fangs. Walking over to Kotsu whom had the blood drool and ticks falling out of his mouth with his dead pan state, Dark Kotsu felt joy.

"The king has won, peasant. You have no place in my world except for as my personal fool." Dark Kotsu said, as he kicked a lever on the chair and Kotsu was now laying down. The rat was placed on his stomach and the bucket was placed over the rat. A tendril brought Dark Kotsu a blowtorch.

"Do you wanna know what happens when you starve a rat? Especially a vampiric rat?" Dark Kotsu asked an unresponsive Kotsu before continuing. "Cannibalism, usually. But what about when they run out of food? They usually self cannibalize. Slowly chewing off a paw here, a tail there..." Dark Kotsu turned on the blowtorch and began to hold it onto the bucket as Kotsu felt the rat tearing immediately into his stomach.

"Now, when you add fire to a vampire, you usually get a bad reaction, stereotypically. Though we don't meet this stereotype. Neither would Aria, Clayton, or any other vampire we've come across." The rat began to break skin as it began chewing and clawing, gnawing more into Kotsu and enjoying his blood. Kotsu wasn't screaming though, his eyes still looked dull from their usually life filled light.

"A rat will try to escape if it finds itself near fire though, and a vampire rat will try to flee exceptionally well. With additional strength, faster speed, stronger teeth, they usually find a way out. Now..." Dark Kotsu's smile began to widen even further. "I'm wondering how long it will take for you to break while it digs around insi-"

Dark Kotsu felt his neck be grabbed by Kotsu as he began to squeeze hard, more hard than he should have been able to. Dark Kotsu's crown of thorns disappeared from Quentin's head and Quentin's vision was unobscured as this happened. Dark Kotsu began impaling Kotsu with his tendrils again, but Kotsu kept a firm grip on Dark Kotsu's neck.

Kotsu stared down into Dark Kotsu's eyes, bringing him closer to his face, Dark Kotsu was staring into Kotsu's currently white eyes, devoid of pupils. Kotsu used his whips to smack off the bucket and rip out the vampire rat that was halfway embedded in his stomach and feeding on him, before shoving it into Dark Kotsu's mouth. Kotsu began to stand as a green aura began to appear around his body, absorbing the dark tendrils currently impaled into him. Kotsu began to speak, the ticks falling out of his mouth, all of them dead while Dark Kotsu looked horrified.

"You... For every person you've made suffer, for every innocent you've slaughtered. And now for killing someone I held dear; I will make you suffer. Now, I'M MAD!" Kotsu screamed using his vampiric screech into Dark Kotsu's ear as blood began trickling out of both of Dark Kotsu's ears.

Dark Kotsu was thrown across the room as Kotsu slowly shuffled over to him, step by step. Dark Kotsu gasped for air as he sputtered out words he was struggling to grasp. "HOW!? HOW CAN YOU BE THIS STRONG?! WHAT POWER IS THIS!?" Dark Kotsu began trying to impale Kotsu again as Kotsu takes them into his body, the aura absorbing them. The chains around Kotsu's body began to shift and alter until it was a mixture of dark sengoku era armor and western plate armor, complete with black sword in hand as he stared down Dark Kotsu. "I will have revenge for every scream I've listened to, every lash that I've taken, and every nightmare you've caused. NOW DIE!" Kotsu slashed into Dark Kotsu, as Dark Kotsu began to fade into the ground.

"Another fucking clone..."

Aria

Denton, did we failed the objective?

A notes appeared in front of the laying down Denton. Then he would felt Aria pulled him back into standing position. Her body looks rather charred, but it was regenerating as she was speaking to Denton. She pointed to the yellow Owl's ghost, then to Samantha's workshop and raging blue Owl, then to Kotsu and Duck Kotsu's direction. A word escaped her lips.

"Order?"

Olokum Godess of dreams

Blue owl smiles her power explodes outward and she grows in size until she towers over them all. Blue eather falls like rivers from ever inch of her body. Her clothes vanish and are replaced by robes of dark eather, her eyes glow with other worldly power. Her very presence warps the sand lands straining the pillars of reality. Under her gaze the clones disappear, the barn disappears.

They are plunged into a black abyss, their is only them, Dark Kotsu, and blue owl. But she had changed.

"Yes little Sam run away I'll deal with you later. And hurt you far more than you can fathom."

Blue owl continues to grow in power, light flows from her eyes in never ending waves, her gaze turns to Denton.

"You."

Denton cries out as all her mental power rips into him, tearing through his masks to find truths thus far hidden by him. Her power consumes him her icey mind chills his blood and slices into his memories devouring his secrets. But her power is too much, his mind can't withstand the mental onslaught.

"Blue stop you'll kill him!" Bickle shouts. "What are you doing?!"

She ignores him still tearing into Dentons mind.

"STOP!" Bickle blasts her with his own mental magic. It briefly distracts her from Dentons mind and she turns with a cold fury to Bickle.

"You are a vegetable." She hisses and Bickle is blasted with a pulse of mental magic so powerful his mind shatters. His true form turns from that of an emo into that of a cucumber, a literal vegetable floating in space.

"Bickle!" Khepris says, realizing what blue owl had done to his mind. Khpri flies into a rage she manifests her spider form and charges Blue owl leaping at her.

Blue owl waves her hand shattering Khepris spider body into dust. She rises into the air drunk on her new power looking down at her former allies like a hawk looks at prey.

"You're minds are mine, give them up willingly and I'll let you leave the sand lands with your sanity, accept for you Denton, your mind belongs to me, all of it."

Kotsu still donning his Sengoku and Western mixed armor, black sword blending in with the background was only visible by a golden adorent on the hilt. Nobody would be able to tell who he was as his entire face and body was covered.

He glared down Dark Kotsu and then Blue Owl. He stares back at Dark Kotsu. "I'll deal with you later, but remember something. I'm not trapped in here with you anymore, YOU'RE TRAPPED IN HERE WITH ME!" Kotsu announced to Dark Kotsu, pointing his sword at Dark Kotsu. Dark Kotsu stepped a bit away from Kotsu and the group. Kotsu's voice announced his identity to the rest of the group as he stared down Blue.

Seeing what she was doing, Kotsu had a frown worn under his armored face. His green aura was a light in the darkness of this abyss they were placed in. He didn't raise his sword at Blue Owl just yet even after watching her dispatch Bickle, Khepri, and now holding Denton in her hands. "Why would I submit my mind to someone who doesn't love me?" Was Kotsu's pointed question to Blue Owl.

Dark Kotsu swallowed hard as he realized he was stuck between everything in this place. He tried to escape, but found himself tethered to Blue Owl, who was anchoring them to herself. She was like a planet with her own gravitational pull, but instead of satellites and astroid belts, she held consciouses.

He barred his fangs and was beginning to grow angry. He had been checkmated on his own chess board twice now, and he wasn't liking the feeling of being threatened by lesser beings. But Blue Owl was no longer lesser, no. She was a power in and of her own right. He smiled in a twisted manner, but kept his mouth shut. This could work out well for him.

Kotsu stepped toward Blue Owl, his aura flowing and pulsing as he brought his head up to stare into her eyes. "Let go of my family. You've hurt innocent people who told you that enough was enough. Fix them and fix yourself. I'm in no mood to deal with you stomping your feet like a fucking kid." Kotsu said this calmly, but the anger behind his words were sharper than any knife that he'd ever been stabbed with.

"I MEAN IT, BLUE! NOW!"

The two were in shock. Yellow... a mere child... had been murdered before their eyes, by that psychopath. Their friends had lost their minds as well. Quentin nearly got them with his attacks, they were lucky that they had been so wild that they hadn't gotten too close to them to do any real damage. 01, 02, they were useless when it came to protecting themselves or others from magic. 01 couldn't get close to the Dark Kotsu clones that had been savaging Yellow, and 02 had been too injured to even get to his feet and fire a few shots from his bow. They... had completely failed their team.

What happened next however, was something they couldn't believe. Blue... she took advantage of Yellow's death to unleash her full fury upon the team. How... could she? That was the question that went through 01's mind as he faced the supposed goddess. He watched as she stripped Denton of his masks, turn Bickle into a cucumber, and turned Khepri into dust. She might have a ton of power here... but she was still as human as the rest of them.

"...Give up...?" 01 asked quietly, he raised up his scythe, putting himself between 02 and the goddess... no... the monster, no matter how futile that might be. His eyes flashed silver as he looked at Blue. "You take advantage of a little girl's death. You manipulate and use my friend, and then toss him aside like he's garbage. Then you threaten everyone I care about, and you expect me to surrender to you?" 01's quiet voice was beginning to quaver with anger. "I won't give up, no matter how bad the odds look. It's you who should be surrendering, because I will fight with all of my might!" He said as he brandished his scythe, prepared to leap forward and rip that pathetic excuse for a monster to pieces.

02 slowly got to his feet, groaning in pain as he did, his wound reopening, his already torn and bloodied shirt beginning to turn more red as blood soaked it. "I might not be that strong... and you might be able to take us down with your magic... but we won't just give up." 02 said quietly, summoning his bow and a set of four arrows. The bow and arrows began to glow with a silver light as he nocked one, drawing the arrow back, aiming right at her. "I at least won't miss! I'll fire every last one into your damn heart!" He called out... and then paused. "...Wait... you're nothing but a monster playing around as a goddess... you don't have one of those, do you? I'll settle for your brain then." He said calmly as he adjusted his aim.

Inside Owl's Laptop...
Corona had originally intended to just give Blue's anti-virus basic conversation skills. But upon opening up the bird's code, she found many flaws. Most all of them insignificant enough to never affect performance, but 'good enough' wasn't good enough. Not for Corona. If it couldn't run flawlessly, it wasn't done.

"There we go," Corona muttered, "Patches applied. Opening program insert." Popping open another section of code, she copied her own vocal program, sans voice files, into the Owl. She watched the code flash green to tell her it was installed perfectly. "Sweet. Now just to close it up."

Except that didn't go as planned. The base code between Corona and the Owl were somewhat different. Not so much that it couldn't work, but it was like the difference between a British and American accent. Mostly the same in structure, but different enough that they had a bit of difficulty communicating. Corona had thought she had accounted for this when she had edited the Owl's code. But it hadn't gone according to plan. The owl, struggling to process the slightly different coding language, fried itself.

"Son of a thumb drive," Corona muttered, "Cova's gonna kill me if I don't fix this!" Opening the code again, she rewrote the Owl, like by line, in the same language as her own code to ensure the breakdown didn't happen again. It should have taken longer, but as Blue became a goddess, the laptop got a boost of processing power comparable only to computer heaven.

"I don't know what's going on out there, but thank you," Corona said to nothing as she fiddled with the code. Restarting the Owl, she watched it re-render and then realized where she messed up.

"Wrong avatar representation, you stupid, stupid millibyte!", Corona muttered as the Owl reshaped itself, trying to take it's normal visual representation of the owl within the constraints of the mislabeled avatar shape Corona had inadvertently supplied.

"For a computer that can't fail at this kind of stuff, I'm screwing up a lot right now," Corona muttered, "Must be coming down with a virus." She looked at the reshaped owl waddling around, adjusting to the new avatar. It was actually kinda cute. "I'll call you Athena for now."

Denton tasted copper, head was throbbing, lungs hoarse from screaming, tears stinging at his eyes. He wiped them away, standing, and collapsed to his knee. Trying to reorder his thoughts was...hard. He hard the sounds of battle, screaming, pain, saw a cucumber.

Denton gritted his teeth. Aria had spoken to him. Aria usually asked for instructions. What instructions were there to offer in situation like this...when faced with what was basically a god? He tried to stand again and actually managed it this time, just barely.

"Aria," he grunted. "Support." He reached for her.

Yellow Owl had died. He had her. Her power brimming somewhere inside her ghost, but currently inaccessible. Denton thought with maybe experimentation and testing they could be unlocked, utilized for himself, and the team, but time was not on their side. Blue Owl took out two of their best with nearly zero effort. Her rampaging focus on him.

Denton grinned up at the Blue Goddess. His bowels were threatening to loosen at the sight, at her unchecked fury, how she so casually killed Bickle and Khepri without a second a thought. The two were basically children. He tried to search his mind, see what was missing, but would he know? She'd have taken something, but what? The lack of control, how he had been dominated made him feel violated, exposed. Anger surged. An anger he couldn't do anything with.

The team was in danger. His people. Fizzy Roy, Sam, Aria, Kotsu, The Twins, Vivian, that guy who was always naked.

"I...heh," he slurred. "Owl, you really violated me in some respects. Of course you would know a thing or two about violation, wouldn't you? You've got power now...more than ever before. Ironic your first act is to stick in your business where it doesn't belong....sticking it in things that can't fight back. Sound familiar?"

Last edited:
Blue owl looks down at Kotsu with tender eyes. "Oh no Kotsu I don't mean you, I would never rip from your mind. You are the exception." Her face twists into that of paranoia.

"But the others can't be trusted, they work for the maniacles, they claim to be here for my benefit but have their own motives. Liars all of them, but I will find the truth, I will rip through their minds until I know all. Then, after they are done away with....we can be together."

Joe 2 arrows stab into her forhead. Blue owl waves them away, her wound heals instantly and she looks down at Joe 2.

"You have no arrows."

Suddenly Joe2 weapons vanish into nothing.

"And you have no sythe." She says casually and Joe1 scythe vanishes into nothing.

"And now you are both dead."

And they would have been infact they could feel their mind fading to nothing! But before Owl's reality warping magic can finish them off Dentons voice cuts through.

"Owl, you really violated me in some respects. Of course you would know a thing or two about violation, wouldn't you? You've got power now...more than ever before. Ironic your first act is to stick in your business where it doesn't belong....sticking it in things that can't fight back. Sound familiar?"

Blue owls will turns from the Joes and towards Denton. Her wrath erupts she comes down on him with all the might of a meteor, forget reading his mind. She would smash it to pieces.

Red owl swoops in tackling Denton out of the way, blue owl nukes were he stood. The blast is brighter then the sun, the stars in the sky scatter from the power, reality cracks and things glitch in and out of existence. The very fabric of the sand lands strain under Blues anger.

Red owl throws denton away from her then spins to face her self. "I'm going to try and restrain her power!" Red owl says. "Attack all of you!"

Red owl expends all her power, red eather springs from her wrapping around blue's wrists and ankles. "Yield!"

"You were always the weaker aspect of owl." Blue says coldly and begins to slowly break free of her bonds. "The part of her that loves, but you could never get anything past me the part of her that kept her alive."

"You made her life hell." Red spat. "You kept her from making friends, you kept her from the man she loved."

"I kept her alive! I kept her strong when men used her, I gave her the strength to kill her rapist, and to slaughter his men, you think I'm cruel? It is owl cruelty that has kept her alive!! And when she is whole I will put you back in your place red, as an emotional after thought! I AM THE TRUE OWL!"

Last edited:
Dark Kotsu watched on in splendid awe at Blue Owl's raw display of unadulterated power. How she took no nonsense like himself, her brutality, and most importantly, her weakness. Dark Kotsu smiled crookedly, as he knew what would happen the minute he watched her attack the twins and try killing them. He knew how this would end, and began formulating a plan for how to reap the benefits from the falling house of cards to come.

Kotsu's aura burned brighter as he heard Blue mention that they would be together once the others were disposed of. He remained silent. He watched the twins attack Blue but refused to intercept on either part, when she was attacked, when she took away their weapons.

"And now you are both dead."

"NO!" Kotsu screamed at Owl, but Denton had drawn her attention, before Red had tried to restrain her. He listened to the Owls fight themselves as he aimed his sword at Blue Owl. Letting out an ear splitting scream he charged at Blue Owl, launching himself toward her face and punching her hard across her left cheek with all of his might.

"YOU CALL THEM LIARS?! I HEARD YOU ALREADY SAY YOU DON'T LOVE ME!" Kotsu wrapped himself around her right arm to kick her right cheek hard as well, tears spilling from the openings of the eyes of the armor.

"YOU DON'T GET TO TALK ABOUT US BEING TOGETHER WHEN YOU JUST TRIED TO KILL MY FRIENDS!"

Kotsu wraps his whips around both of her arms as he sling shots himself to kick her directly in the forehead with both of his steel plated greaves with all of his weight and strength.

"AND YOU DON'T GET TO TALK ABOUT HOW RED IS WEAK, WHEN SHE'S THE ONLY REASON I EVEN KNOW WHAT I MEAN TO OWL, SO JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Kotsu dives down into Blue Owl's face using his vampire screech to yell in her face to shut up. He screams so hard at her, that she feels his tears touch her face and hears him straining his throat; still damaged from the bucket of ticks.

"Alright... Well... Since you're about done with that, Mr. Rose Petal; I'm gonna work on bringing the others here. It feels like Blue's getting a bit distracted, so she won't notice if I bring em one by one immediately. Thankfully, this portion is my domain. And with your additional help, it'll stay that way! Man, I wish I had magic." Human Kotsu said laughing.

Closing his eyes, he began to focus on establishing a connection to Kotsu, and could see what he was going through as it displayed on the projector everything for Mr. Rose Petal to see. "GOTCHA!" Human Kotsu said out loud, as he pulled backward and a hole ripped open in the ceiling and out came tumbling Fizzy and Aria. He stood over them with beads of sweat down his head and smiling. "Hey Mr. Rose Petal! Come check it out! I caught a twofer! But I've gotta get back to work, so..." Human Kotsu began focusing again on tethering himself back to Kotsu.

Last edited:
Aria

Aria sat up and found herself with the human Kotsu and Denton. She checked her body, it's still intact. Seems like Owl's tackle didn't hit her. Though she felt like she should remember something important.... but she couldn't. Did Owl done something to her?

"Did you just save us, other Kotsu? Thank you, but you should save the other first. I'm still fine and can help stalling the blue Owl-" Aria tried to stand up but collapsed to the left. Her left side felt weak, she couldn't move it.

Meanwhile on the battlefield, Alucard found himself flying on top of blue Owl, his demonic bat wings already extended. A small squall of black cloud that represent some of Aria's memory was absorbed into Owl. This was the second time he was suddenly dragged out because someone else try to mess with Aria's mind. This one was different though, Aria just made a deal with him. The stuffs she offered as exchange for his help was quite attractive so he accepted it.

"Kotsu, Kotsu, my boy. You are not talented to be a death metal singer." He flew next to Kotsu and waved his finger at him. The ancient vampire raised his hand, his shadow climbed up and wrapped his fist in solid black energy, then punched Kotsu along with blue Owl. The shadow ball exploded in a rather big radius, harming everyone nearby except himself.

Quentin throws a lil sumthin down.

His rage was growing more and more as time pasted. He was pissed,. Knowing that dark kotsu was in his head, he attacked with reckless abandoned. With another clone appearing to take the form of Denton, he sighed. "I'm not that stupid". And in a blink of an eye the illusions faded into his teammates and he heard a scream as the world around him shook. Yellow owl was reduced to ashes. "Shit" was all he could mutter before the blue owl grew in front of him.

"What in the actual fuck is going on? We all came here to help you get your memories back and now you've turned against us because you think we all have other motives? I JUST WANT TO LEAVE, that's my motive here. And now you've turned against us"

Quentins rage grew once more. He reactivated his 3rd form with his black fire figure with wings and a tail. After owl set off mini nuke, he absorbed the energy from that to increase his power again.

Although he had no face, he looked her dead in the eyes. "Good luck fighting someone with a clear mind". He leaped into the air and let out a hellish flamethrower. "Incinerate!"

The twins were certain that this was it. That this was where they were going to die, unable to protect the people that they cherished. The world was fading, their bodies grew cold, the darkness was setting in... when it all stopped. They took deep gasps of air as the world surged around them once again. They panted softly as they rose to their feet once more. "...Gonna have to try harder than that!" The two shouted in unison as they sprung into action.

01 summoned his scythe and charged right at Owl, quickly smashing an earth vial against his scythe, the blade turned brown. As he dragged it against the ground, the earth began to rise along with his scythe, and as he finally got within range to strike Blue, the earth rose in large spikes, flying right towards her body as his blade did, threatening to impale her as his scythe sliced her apart.

02 meanwhile summoned his arrows, opting to give them a fire solution. He began to fire them one right after the other into Blue Owl's body, attempting to set her ablaze.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Meanwhile, in Kotsu's office, a young man, holding a staff that seemed to be made of a polished dark brown wood, the top looking like that of a crescent moon, inlaid with a perfectly spherical white crystal, had it raised in the air, quietly muttering incantations. A silver aura surrounded him as he focused, perfecting the barrier around the office, focusing on making sure that it kept out the beings known as Dark Kotsu, and Blue Owl. Usually his barriers were intended to keep everyone out, so weaving magic this intricate was something a bit new for him, but... he thought he was doing an alright job. Good enough to protect everyone, at least.

He had only expected to be weaving his typical light magic into the barrier... but... given that this was a 'Goddess of Dreams' as she so named herself, he had to try melding another kind of magic in there. A magic that had been unique to him. If her power was that of dreams, his was that of truth. Reality keeping dreams at bay.

As Denton and Aria sat there, waiting for the young man to finish his incantation, they could see that he had short brown hair and pale white skin, he wore a long red coat that went down to the back of his knees, a slit in the center, a pair of black pants, brown gloves with distinct red stitching, and a set of brown leather boots. On his hip was a white pouch with golden stitched rune lettering on it. A strange sense of calm... of peace seemed to radiate from the young man as he worked his magic.

Sitting off to the corner was a rather large scythe, the base made out of a dark blue metal, reminiscent of the midnight sky, the blade looking like pure silver, it seemed like it glowed with an unknown energy. Where the blade and handle met, there was a large clear sphere. Next to it was a simple brown leather quiver, several white feathered arrows jutted out from it. The bow next to it was a rather large longbow, the base seemed to be made of a white metal, and in the center of the bow was another, albeit smaller glass sphere. The bowstring seemed to be metallic in nature as well, currently lying on the ground like a small metallic worm, unstrung.

After a few more words, the young man lowered the staff, letting out a soft sigh. "Alright, I think that should do it. We should be safe from Dark Kotsu and Blue Owl." He said. The voice sounded... very familiar. The young man seemed to hesitate for a moment... before turning to face the two. "...I'm glad that you two are alright." He said. His face was that of their comrades, of the Finder twins.

Standing before the two, was the deceased Joseph Hikari Nobunaga.

Last edited:
Denton watched the battle unfold, brain still stinging from Blue's attack. The battle seemed impossible...damn near close to. He thought carefully. What to do? How to win? How to prevent anymore losses. What she wanted was simple enough he supposed. What did Denton have to offer? The answers she sought? How to save the world? How to destroy it? What did the woman want?

He looked at his team.

They were tired, hurt, in desperate need of healing, relaxation, distance from this.

"Hey Red," Denton said. "You know your clone up there better than most. We're low on resources, have zero planning, and no backup. What are odds of victory?"

"Zero and falling fast." Red owl says struggling to negate blues will but slowly loosing the battle. "She was always more powerful than me while in owls head, only thing that seemed to weaken her was drink. But we that would require getting owl in the real word drunk, which we can't do."

She glances at him. "We have to run some how."

"Well," Denton said, smiling. "You are technically a part of her. It means you're under my command. So, start running. That's an order." He straightened his jacket. "I'll take it from here."

"She'll kill you, no worse she'll shatter your mind and leave your waking body to rot. Look I don't like you, no owl likes you. But I don't want you dead. Don't be stupid."

Yes, he assumed those would be the circumstances. A sense of weight fell on his shoulders. Morgan's gonna awfully sad. Pissed off. He chuckled at the thought of her punching him from beyond the grave. Or punching his comatose body. Isabelle's crying would be the worst. No one would should grow up without their parents. A girl shouldn't grow up without a father.

Denton sniffed, trying to remain stoic.

She'd be okay.

He left her things.

Money, proper care, messages, recordings. She would know how much he loved her. How much he wanted to see her grow up. But everyone was here because of him. Denton tried to deny the fact, push it away, but the truth has a habit of being very loud when it wants to be heard. It screams to be acknowledge. Owl lost her memory to Andras. Manialces had to have that damn thing. Fuck. Now here they all were. Forced to relieve their worst traumas.

He was tired.

So tired.

Denton clamped a hand on Red's shoulder. "It's okay. I know it's hard to believe, but I've got this one. You can trust me here. I'll keep her busy." He tapped his head. "She wants what's in here. It'll keep her busy for awhile. A lot to sift through."

"You're going to sacrifice your self? for the team?" Red owl blinks staring at denton she squints. "Just...like that? That, that isn't you."

A valid point. He would have very much preferred to not do this. But life is sacrifice. A life lived for others is a life worth lived. He'd done a lot of that. And these people. His team had given him more than enough in terms of service.

They were killers, monsters, fucked up, broken, but good people. They tried. He tried.

Denton shrugged. "You don't really know much about me to say that. People see what they want to. I do what needs to be done. This needs doing. I'll get her to heal up Bickles and Khepri to. Do me a favor, though, yeah? You make sure Khepri gets back to our world. Tell the others as well. Also, I made a promise to The Twins. The instructions are in my data log."

Denton handed it to her.

Red stares at him, then smiles. "Maybe I was wrong about you, this act it raises so many questions. But, now is not the time." She pats him on the back. "I'm going to get everyone out of here I promise you...captain." Denton rubbed the back of his head, his face flushing slightly, he laughed. "Thank you. We all have our roles to play."
He started forward, holding his head, feeling his heart in his stomach.

The figure before him stood tall, impossible, difficult to truly comprehend. A force of nature in the someway Dionysus and Ace Stardust were. An embodiment of power rather than a person. His comment about her assault clearly irked her. The bitch was still in there. Denton, for once, had run out of plans. Well, he did have one, but he doubted Blue would give him much time to utilize it...even if she did it was practically a shot in the dark.

Denton arrived at her feet. He knocked on her giant leg like a door.

"Okay," he said. "You win. I surrender to you. You're free to knowledge and memories I have. I have some conditions, though."

"You are not in a position to bargian." Blue owl says levitating him up to her eye level. "I'm going to mind delve you now."

"I bargain anyway," Denton said. "Fix the kids, Bickles and Khepri. Leave my team alone. Also, Isabelle. You'll see her when you tear your way inside my mind. Do me a favor. Don't breath a word of it to anyone." Denton's lip twitched violently. "Please."

Blue owl smiles. "Look at you begging me? delightful I'm going to tear into your mind. Will i accept your request? You shall never know." Her mind plunges into his.

Bickles and Khepri are made whole again though denton wouldn't know as his mind was currently being bulldozed by a knowledge hungry God. Red owl grabs them the and flies towards human Kotsu who was rescuing people.

"Kotsu denton is distracting her we have to go!"

Kotsu sucks his teeth as he stares up at Denton ready to be mind delved after getting back up from the assaults of both Quentin and Alucard. "I'LL BE BACK FOR YOU!" Kotsu yelled at Denton, before following after Red and jumping into the hole that would be sealed after the party entered through it.

Denton didn't scream. He'd forgotten how. Blue's power was immense, impossible to stand against, vicious, daunting, crushing. One by one his barriers fell. The feeling of Isabelle in his arms, the feel of Morgan's lips pressed against his own, both their voices, their faces, his mother's blood on the floor, his father's anger, his father's love, the island, the trials, the training, pain, the misery, the doubts, the happiness, the hopes, the courage. He tried to hold onto a few things, grab them, keep them, but she pulled, consumed.

The ...Isa....?

A woman took a bug lady and a teenager away. A man yelled something about coming back for him. He felt a pang of satisfaction at that. Why was he in the air? What was happening? He saw a sliver of memory flash. A woman dressed in black with black hair, sitting on stones steps, sulking. It vanished, snuffed out. He saw two kids. A girl and a boy. Both so young. They were scared.

"Denton," one said.

The name seemed familiar, on the tip of his tongue. Both kids vanished. The girl changed, morphed getting older, a needle in her arm, eyes hollow. A clump of pain lodged itself in his throat. He wanted to apologize. The junkie girl evaporated. Pain. The memory of a monster swiping his back came and went in an instant. Thousands of creatures and monsters. He'd fought them all, beaten them. They were taken.

He smiled.

A feeling being weightless. No urgency. Nobody to hate him, nobody to fight. Freedom. The man closed his eyes.

Last edited:
As the group falls in, one by one down the hole, it seals in the ceiling upon the entrance of the last party member. Human Kotsu's face was slick with sweat and his body was wobbling. Valerie placed a chair behind him as he fell backwards, a goofy grin on his face.

HK: "Heh... Heh... I was never a fan of pretentious Gods... But man... Denton's not a bad guy after that.... Huh, Mr. Rose Petal?" He said, laughing tiredly. He stared at the rest of the group and sighed heavily while Kotsu tossed him an energy bar. "Thanks, man. Sorry about Owl. Yellow and Blue." He said before biting into it.

Kotsu: He was silent. His aura had started to diminish as well. He began walking over to a bed and the walk become more of a shuffle. He walked right past Mr. Rose Petal who he had been excited to finally meet, but showed no sign of greeting him. "Thanks." Was all that he said to the original Joe. The armor fell off in chunks, revealing Kotsu's body underneath riddled with new wounds from Dark Kotsu's torturing methods. Kotsu sat down on one of the beds and laid down, his eyes bearing dull expressions.

Valerie: "You all don't look so hot, here! Try some of these!" She passed out healing pills to the group and looked extremely pleased with herself. "I whipped these up based on the healing potions ya left." Valerie said to the Joes. The group would notice there were a lot more beds in the room now too, and a bigger table with seats for all of them. The table was adorned with food and drinks of various varieties. The drinks being non-alcoholic, but there was a bar behind Kotsu's desk as well now.

"Make sure to eat and rest up too! Oh, Aria, Kotsu, Clayton, I made a thing for you guys to use to even be able to eat with the group!" She holds up a bottle of hot sauce.

"It's not actually hot sauce, it's blood sauce! So just put this on whatever you wanna eat, and presto! Incognito vampirism while eating the food ya missed! Keep a little bit of the hot sauce in the bottle to dilute the smell of blood, and people just think you like your food spicy!" Valerie said, beaming the three vampires a heart warming smile and placing two bottles of the stuff on the countertop of the desk.

HK: "Hey Val, can you bring me my guitar? I think Kotsu's being a sour puss again. I think we gotta play the song." Human Kotsu looked tired, but he had on his usual tenacious smile that showed he wasn't gonna give up on Kotsu. Valerie came back with an acoustic guitar and Human Kotsu began tuning the strings before he cleared his throat and began playing a song as Valerie sang it. It was the song she was humming to Kotsu earlier to calm him down.

Last edited:
Vivian raised an eyebrow "Can't be trusted? I came here to help a friend not someone who immediately thinks everyone is out to get them." She said, before she even had the chance to pull out her gun Denton sacrificed his own mind in order for the team to escape. She gritted her teeth and pulled out her gun and taking multiple shots before backing up near the exit that was made. Jumping down she immediately put her gun away and moved so that the others didn't fall on top of her. She sat down on the ground and leaned against the wall, letting out a sigh of defeat now that the little yellow Owl was now gone from their group. She refused the healing pill handed out by Val since she didn't get any injuries that she could see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back