• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Alucard smashes Blue owl in the face with his dark power. The Joes tear into her one with his sycthe the other with his arrows, and Quentins nukes her out of pure rage. Their attacks light up the darkness and seem to do serious damage leaving owl a blooded mess.

But she had won the only battle that mattered, a mental back slash slams into red owl and blues mind breaks free of her hold. Her power no longer suppressed she wills her self whole, returning to her god form. The group attacks again and each blow does nothing to her, for blue owl willed it not to.

"Let me show you how powerless you all really are." Blue owl snaps her fingers. her mental magic fries them all in a fury of light and agony, she stops just short of burning all of them away with her thoughts, leaving them hurt and on the point of death. She was sparing them just for a moment to show them how powerless they were.

"see? you are but thoughts to me. Thoughts that I can forget at a whim, you exist because i allow you to exist. And now you will vanish, all of you save Kotsu."

That was when Denton makes his sacrifice. She could have destroyed them all but her irrational hatred of Denton focuses her divine ire onto him for a few precious moments. Her hatred flies down upon him and she tears apart his mind with reckless abandon while human Kotsu ushers the groups escape.

"Bickle! Bickle are you okay?!" Khepris shakes the giant cucumber that used to be the boy. Slowly, the green skin fruit grows a face, then a body, then clothes hair and warm skin. Bickle is restored by blues magic and he wakes up in Khperis arms and blinks.

"I feel...very green..."

Khepri wraps in in a soft hug and begins to sob. "Thank the sands you're alright, you the only one here I don't want to stab."

"It's okay babe. Blues magic is nothing I couldn't even feel it."

"You couldn't feel it because you were a vegetable." Red owl says shaking her head. She looks at the group.

They were all badly damaged by Blues mental will, all hurt all tired. The Sand lands were beginning to take their toll on the group.

Bickle looks around. "Where is Denton?"

"Dead, mentally anyway." red owl says. She walks over to were Kotsu sat and flops down on the bed suddenly tired her self. "Damn I never thought I would shed tears for Denton

"What do we do?" Bickle asks? "How do we beat her?"

"We can't." red says. "her and yellow Owl were two of the strongest forces in OG owls head. But, maybe, if we can find the other owls our combined powers maybe enough to slow her down. Blue knows this however, she'll hunt us through out the sand lands and make we die before we find them. Or worse she'll attempted to kill the other owls before we can merge"

"So it's hopeless?" Bickles asks.

Red shake her head. "Nearly. We still have Dark kotsu to deal with as well. I'm sorry everyone."

Bickle pats her on the shoulder. "it's not your fault red."

Red smiles. "Me and blue are the same so technically, it kinda is."

Blue owl had finished with Dentons mind now she would hunt down and kill the others, starting with Samantha. But first, she looks down at dark kotsu.

"Don't get in my way, your vague semblance to my beloved is the only reason I have not destroyed you."

Dark Kotsu stared up at Blue Owl with a wide shark toothed smile. "Why would I bother getting in your way when I know that I'm clearly outmatched?" He asked in a genuine fashion, while bowing his head in her direction.

"You, my dear, are an artist and a masterpiece rolled into one. The way you dispatched of them was divine, fitting for a goddess such as yourself." Dark Kotsu was genuine in his words, his smile shining through along with his red eyes.

"So much inspiration, and so much more to come, I imagine. Tell me, are you familiar with chess? Every king needs a queen. An all powerful force on the board to be reckoned with in every direction." Dark Kotsu's smile grew even wider. "Tell me, my dear. A King can only move so limitedly on his board, but the Queen is the true monarch. Would you allow me to be your King, my Queen?" Dark Kotsu kneels to Blue Owl and bows his head.

The twins had reluctantly leaped down the hole with the others, they had wanted to take down Owl, but for now, they needed to regroup. They had lost Denton,Yellow, and Blue all in one fell swoop.

When they landed... and saw who their savior was... the two pointed at him and began yelling at the top of their lungs, the shock evident on their faces. The original Joe looked between the two and then pointed back at both them. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh... why are we yelling?" He asked, his face going from shock to plain boredom, clearly not as shocked to see two clones of himself as they were to see their progenitor.

"Y-Y-You should be dead! Why are you here? How are you here? The lab blew up!" 01 said, still in a state of shock.

"I wasn't in the lab. Well... I had been for a few moments, but, I wasn't there physically. Well... I suppose I'm not here physically as it stands. This is a world of dreams, and even then, I'm a spirit." Joseph explained as he looked at the two. "I believe that I am here because of you two. I think, that when you accessed my memories, you managed to call my spirit to the Sandlands. I... well... promise not to be angry?" He asked, suddenly looking a bit uncertain.

02 gave a nervous little shrug. "Er... sure..." He said after a moment of hesitation, 01 nodding hesitantly along with him.

"...Well... I've... kind of been using you two as cameras... and microphones. T-The latter was an accident, I assure you! I was just floating in my prison when I saw different images, and then I tried to speak, and I guess... I possessed your bodies for a little bit? When I realized I was doing that, I stopped, I promise! But... I did keep looking through your eyes to see if I couldn't get your attention... and that's how I figured out that you were all in danger. The rose petal you gave Mr. Kotsu was a small fragment of my soul, it was kind of left behind when I managed to break into your world for a few moments to try and talk to you two. Thanks to that, I was able to get into contact with him and we managed to figure out a way to link my prison with this mental world. I... I wish we had been faster. If we had then... then Yellow... a-and.... and.... D-Denton..." He trailed off, his voice cracking as a look of pure guilt swept over his face.

01 shook his head after a moment. "It's... it's not your fault. We were ones that weren't strong enough to save anyone. If you and Human Kotsu hadn't come in at the last moment, we'd all be dead right about now." He said quietly. There were many questions that were swirling through his head, but for the time being, they had other, more pressing issues to take care of. Everyone looked near dead... including themselves. The two slumped to the floor, unable to continue standing.

Joseph gasped and covered his mouth. "Oh, I'm so sorry, everyone! Let me deal with your wounds, okay?" He asked. He took a deep breath, clearing his mind, and then raised the staff once more. An intricate silver magic circle formed on the office floor beneath everyone. Silver tendrils began to slowly work their way up through people's bodies, sinking into wounds and began to slowly stitch flesh back together, filling people with a sense of energy once more as their wounds began to disappear as though they had never existed in the first place. Even the vampires, who his magic would have normally burnt felt their wounds sealing shut. When Joseph had been alive, he'd worked around and with a few vampires, including Clayton, and had to learn how to channel his magic in such a way its normal properties would not harm the undead, but instead stimulate their natural healing factor. It took a lot of trial and error, but he eventually figured out how to do just that.

Human Kotsu laughed hard as the original Joe healed everyone. "Seriously, Mr. Rose Petal? You forgot you could do that, or somethin'?" Human Kotsu teased as he pointed to the runes and markings along the walls.

"Yeah, that rose petal ya gave me sure came in handy, lemme tell ya! Made it so we got an Anti-Blue Owl room and an Anti-Dark Kotsu room! But most importantly, Mr. Rose Petal here was able to finish all this crap up while I was able to pull you guys in here!" Human Kotsu beamed another smile.

"But man, what happened to Yellow was gnarly, du-"

Kotsu shot up from the bed, and glared down Human Kotsu before he could keep talking. "Stop... Just... Don't, alright?" Kotsu pleaded, as he laid back down next to Red Owl, curling into a ball next to her as he began stroking her hair gently.

Human Kotsu cleared his throat. "Uh, anyway. It's good to see most of you guys back in one piece." He announced to the room. "I'm not sure what the hell we're gonna be able to do against Blue. Dark was a different thing entirely, but Blue? Forget about it. We don't stand a snowball's chance in hell against that type of firepower." Human Kotsu put his hand to his chin in thought before he held up his index finger.

"But, in order to get you guys outta here, we gotta take out Dark. Also, Mr. Rose Petal, don't feel bad about seeing or hearing through the twins. Me and Valerie do it all the time with Kotsu. Even the mature stuff if you know what I'm sayin'." Human Kotsu laughed while winking at the Original Joe, but Kotsu whipped a pillow at Human Kotsu's head from another bed.

"Shut up! God, you're so annoying!" Kotsu responded back while Human Kotsu had on his face what could only be classified as a shit eating grin.

Joseph turned to the human Kotsu and shook his head. "Er... i-it wasn't that I forgot, it was more about calming those two down first." He explained. They had been yelling their heads off at the sight of him, after all. It seemed like a better move to calm everyone down first before he healed everyone. He would need to concentrate to ensure he didn't harm any vampires present.

He looked at Kotsu and frowned. He wished he could have done more for the grieving vampire. He had to witness losing a dear friend, and a piece of someone that he cared for deeply. He wanted to say something... but he didn't know what. What could he say? Not much. It wasn't as if he was Kotsu's friend, he was just a stranger that his friends were made from. He was a stranger to most of the people here, aside from Clayton.

He listened to the two Kotsus interactions, his cheeks reddening at the Human Kotsu's lewd joke and the wink. "I... um... I felt bad more for using them like microphones to speak to you all. I mean, the invasion of privacy is bad too, but... I was only doing it so then... so then I might've been able to get some help." He said, rubbing the back of his head.

He didn't elaborate more as he turned to face the room. "Oh um... I suppose that I should introduce myself properly. For those of you who do not already know me, I am Joseph Hikari Nobunaga. I wish we could have met under better circumstances." He said, folding his hands together and bowing towards everyone in the room, before standing up straight. "I shall do everything within my power as a mage and as an alchemist to help you all. Please do not be afraid to ask for any assistance, and I'm willing to answer any and all questions that you may have for me." He said.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Khepri screams pointing at Joe.

"....AEEEEIIIIIIIII!!!!!!"

She slaps her self and focuses on him, nope still there. "The original Joe?!" She runs up to him and takes his hand with star struck eyes.

"Can I stab you? Wait, no- bad Khepri! What I mean is OH MY GOD YOU'RE IN THE FLESH!"

She bows to him as one would a deity. "You are what I always wanted to become but never could."

Bickle huffs and says in a sour tone. "He's not that great babe. pfff, I could probably take him...just saying."

Red owl puts her arm around Kotsu looking at Joe.

"Original Joe, can I call you OG snow? You have come at a dark time we need to defeat dark Kotsu in order to leave this memory but with Blue owl as she is that is an impossibility. Unless of course you have a plan to separate them, that's what we need right now...and some therapy."

Blue owl regards him as one would a curious incest. "You want to ally with me? hmmm...actually that could be useful. But lets get something straight. I will not be used to accomplish your ends, you will be used to accomplish mine. I will however reward you my servant handsomely for your service. Please me and the power of a Godess is yours."

mmarage mmarage

Last edited:
Dark Kotsu grimaced at the mention of being called a lowly servant. A clandestine plan began to brew in the recesses of his mind though, as he stared up at Blue Owl again while kneeling.

"As you wish, my beautiful Goddess. Owl no longer seems a fitting name for you though, wouldn't you agree? And I have a request. As I stand now, my power is no match for the awoken power within my lesser self. I require a power similar. If not, stronger." Dark Kotsu's smile began to widen. "Then once I have his body, I will ensure that nobody be able to lay a finger on you with my combined powers with his."

Blue owl ponders his request. In the her freezing heart their was a spark of love for Kotsu that still burned stubbornly. But he had rejected her, and now with all her power, she didn't need him anymore.

She attempts to snuff it out, and smiles at dark Kotsu. "Here is a taste my new champion."

She touches his forehead and blue eather consumes Dark Kotsu. It is painful beyond words so much so one would think they would die. But when the fire pasts he stands power ebbing in him greater than his darkest fantasies.

Joseph blinked as the female clone of himself began screaming. He had thought for a few moments that his barrier had failed. He looked at the clone as she held his hand. He was a little lost for words. She appeared to love him... but also wished to murder him. He couldn't help but be taken aback when she began bowing down to him as if he was some sort of deity. "...Miss, please stand up. I am not one that deserves, nor desires such treatment. I do not wish for you to become me, it seems as though in your desire to do so, it has caused you much agony. I do not wish you to suffer more. You, and I am certain many others have suffered far too much on my behalf." He said quietly as he looked down at the clone.

He then turned to Red Owl. "I... would say please call me "Joe" but considering that two others in our midst are already named that, please call me Joseph. If that is alright, Ms. Owl." He said. He put a hang on his chin. "...I have a few ideas as to how this may be possible, but taking on Dark Kotsu may be a mistake at this stage. I noticed something while I was observing you all. Joe number 2," He turned to face his clones. "You found a few unique items, did you not?" He asked.

02 looked at his clone, a little intimidated, worried that he might lash out at what he might believe to be abominations, despite his words. "Um... oh! Y-Yeah, I did."' He got to his feet and then pulled from his side pouch the children's book, and the red scarf, before handing them over to Joseph.

Joseph examined the objects, a smile forming on his lips. "...I... can feel a lot of positive energy from these items." He said, before turning to Kotsu. "This book is the one that you used to read to your sister when she was but a baby, and this scarf was given to you by the school nurse, correct? If I am correct, these items bear a powerful sense of love and kindness. They are ties to your humanity. These objects may very well be the key to defeating, if not at least weakening your darker self. From what I've observed, he sees kindness and love as forms of weaknesses, I wouldn't even be surprised if he found them utterly revolting. I would think if we could gather enough of these items, we can rend the control your other self and force him to stick to a single area." He explained.

He then turned his attention back to Red Owl. "I may have an idea in order to deal with Blue Owl as well. She claims to be a Goddess of Dreams, that her domain is that of the mind. Well... it is... complex to explain... it might be faster if I demonstrate it. I want you to try and use your mental magic on me, Ms. Owl. Please do not hold back." He said as he set the items down on the table closest to him.

Dark Kotsu took in the blue ether as it engulfed his body, he felt his body changing and began laughing hysterically. ... But something was wrong. He felt his mouth begin to tear, as it split into four separate sections. A roar came from his throat as his face began to twist in pain as he felt fangs growing along the insides of his mouth. All along the insides of his cheeks, fangs began to sprout row behind row behind row of fangs jutting outward and pointed inward. He could feel himself capable of moving each flap of his new 'mouth' individually.

His flesh went from dark and wispy skin to a purple hue as the color of the ether stained his flesh permanently. His body was aching but the ether wasn't done. It continued to wash over him. One of his eyes began turning blue while the other remained red as the ether began pouring into his skull before he pulled the left side of his face away from the waves crashing over him. He could feel his power increasing as his body became more deformed as he summoned his tendrils to support himself in the ether. "More... MORE! GIVE ME MORE POWER!"

The tendrils began to swelter and grow in both power and physical stature as Dark Kotsu felt his body alter drastically. His skin began to split and section itself into plated ethereal Sengoku/Western armor mirroring Kotsu's set. Chunks of his flesh began to transmogrify as blue ether spilled in the cracks that began to form. His body began to stretch and expand as his muscles began to grow in size as well. His skin tearing open further as his being was being weaved within the blue ether that poured into him.

Dark Kotsu was released onto the ground and stood before Blue Owl, altered beyond recognition save for his singular red eye that pierced through the armor that he now donned. He summoned his sword which was a purple katana adorned with the visage of an Owl on the hilt. Emblazoned on his breastplate was an Owl as well. He stayed silent as he stared up at her. His nose had become disfigured as well. A gnarled twisted snout resembling that of an octopus' beak protruded from his face. His flaps curled into an uncomfortable smile. In a twisted and gnarled animalistic sounding voice, he spoke.

"What do you command, my liege?"

Kotsu had taken an interest in the original Joe as he deduced what the trinkets had meant with ease and so did Human Kotsu. Human Kotsu was the first to comment on it though by whistling.

"Alright, detective Rose Petal over here. Yeah, that's pretty spot on, but I'll save you the sob stories of how I used to sit in temples and pray after school. Sometimes sleep in them during the winter. Pray for help for me and Valerie... Yeah..." Human Kotsu seemed to drift off as he stared at Valerie who was currently typing in the room adjacent to them in Data Entry with a slice of pizza dangling from her mouth. Her only noise a feverish hammering away on a keyboard.

Kotsu kissed Red Owl on the forehead before he sat back up, his eyes still seemed so devoid of joy and excitement. "Tell me, OG Joe, or Rose Petal, or Joseph. Whatever you wanna be called." He said, in a calm voice before swallowing hard.

"What do you think of the twins? They were afraid you'd think less of them, when I told them how you'd be proud odds are. You seem like a nice guy like everyone says. So, I wanted to get it out of the air." Kotsu gets up from the bed and walked over to the original Joe before he bowed deeply in front of him.

"I should have also given you a proper thank you. So thank you, for saving the people I care about that you could. Nobody can save everyone. I learned that a long time ago. So I'm just glad that you could save most of them." Kotsu bowed again, deeper this time. "We would have died without your assistance. Both you and human me. Thank you as well, human me." Kotsu bowed just as deeply in his direction as well.

Joseph looked between the human version of Kotsu and the true Kotsu as he spoke. He wanted nothing more than to reach out and give the two of them a hug... but it still felt far too personal, for someone they hardly knew at least. His head snapped to the true Kotsu as he spoke to him. He waited for him to be finished. "Please, there's no need to thank me. I just did what anyone else in my position would do." He said, rubbing the back of his head. While Kotsu said that there was nothing he could have done, he wasn't so sure. Had he been faster, or had he tried to reach out sooner, perhaps all of this could have been avoided...

He then turned his attention to the twins. "To... to answer your question, what I said in the lab still stands. While you two should not have been created, to have to go through the ordeals that you have... you have every right to exist. While you might look like me, while you may possess some of my skills, you're not me, not really. There are differences between us that make the two of you unique. You're people in your own right, not cheap imitations. I've seen what you two have done, you protect your friends, your teammates however you can. You fight for the sake of others, not for the sake of violence. For those actions, and for what little it might mean to you, you've earned my respect. I can only hope that I will be able to earn yours in turn." He said, looking the two in the eyes as he spoke.

The twins shifted from side to side uncomfortably as they listened to the exchange, and were... expecting a very different answer. "...I... t-thank you." 01 managed to get out. They... weren't sure how to feel. Was he just lying? Did he truly mean it? Was he just trying to get on everyone's good side? Their memories of him were rather faint... only the emotions tied to the memories, and vague images remained. For all they knew, the original Joe was actually a foulmouthed genocidal maniac... but... from what they do remember, it always seemed like he was trying to help those around him. His emotions were typically positive whenever helping another person... and even when fighting, there was always some... hesitation behind the act, as if reluctant to harm another.

Red owl smiles. "I agree with Kotsu thank you Joe for saving us anyone tell you your kinda hot? And you two Joe 1 Joe 2, thank you for fighting by us so valiantly."

"Red don't start." Bickles says.

"What I can't help it! I'm lust personified." She giggles then Owl swaggers up to Joe. "Now, You want me to mind delve you? Very well Joe."

She summons her magic and reaches for his mind.

Valerie comes barreling out of the other room, the pizza slice that was in her mouth was now on her desk. "UM, EXCUSE THE FUCK OUT OF ME?" She called out to Red Owl. "Did you just fucking flirt with someone who isn't my brother, bitch?" She charges up to Red Owl glowering down at her. "I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but if you're just gonna be some slut, I don't think that I can allow you two to be together." Valerie showed no relenting as she looked absolutely livid. "After everything our mother put you through, I thought you'd KNOW better than this!"

Human Kotsu shifted uncomfortably as the altercation was happening and so did Kotsu. Kotsu averting Valerie's gaze as she stared at him and spoke. He felt like he was a disappointment to her by how she was talking to him. "I'm sorry, Val..." Was all he could manage to squeeze out. Human Kotsu meekly raised up his hand before speaking.

"I... Kinda knew that she was flirting with others while I was watching what happened..." Human Kotsu said before Valerie shot across the table and punched him so hard in his face he fell with his chair. Her anger was completely evident as her veins throbbed in her forehead. She picked back up Human Kotsu by the collar of his shirt and brought him nose to nose.

"If you ever get him hurt by not telling me something like this again, Dark Kotsu will be the LEAST of your worries. And you!" She said, turning back to Red Owl, putting Human Kotsu back in his chair. "If you EVER hurt my brother, I mean even make him shed a fucking tear over you; I'll end you. Whether I'm dead or not, whatever I'm considered in this reality, I'm coming for you. Win or lose." Both Kotsu's gulped loudly.

Valerie blinks twice before she approaches Red Owl and slaps her hard across the face. "Bitch, please. 1. I don't let that shit run in the family. That shit's hella nasty and now I don't even know if you should be with him at all!

2. You wouldn't even be on my top ten at this rate. Ugh." Valerie said in disgust at Red Owl before wiping her hand she slapped her with on her clothes. "Take back yo nasty ass existence."

Red Owl rubs her face and says calmly. "Maybe you have forgotten this in your hysteria. But I am the one who has, and is currently trying to save your brothers life you're welcome by the way. But please do tell, how do you plan to protect him if my nasty ass leaves right now? Hmmm Val? What do you plan to do? slap Dark kotsu? Blue owl? the demons of the sand lands? You slap the hand that feeds you, but for your brothers sake I will over look your stupidity. Now if you don't mind, I'm trying to come up with a plan to save Kotsu and you are distracting me."

Red Owl turns back to Joe. "Now were was I? Oh yes! I was about to go down on Joes head...not that head Val." Red Owl snickers like a mischievous fey.

Valerie's face turned a furious red as she went to wind back to slap her again but Human Kotsu grabbed her hand as Valerie looked back at him with anger in her eyes.

Human Kotsu's face had dropped the smile and had on an unusually serious expression. "We don't need anymore fighting, Val. It ain't gonna solve anything."

Valerie huffed as she pulled her hand away and stormed back off to Data Entry, slamming her door shut hard behind her. Human Kotsu and Kotsu both sigh heavily as this happens. Human Kotsu and Kotsu apologize to both Red and Joe for this interruption from their conversation. Human Kotsu and Kotsu go off to the side to talk with the twins.

"So guys," Kotsu begins after clearing his throat and forcing on a smile again, Human Kotsu also did his best to try to smile as Kotsu continued. "I guess now you can tell that he's proud of ya just like I said!" Kotsu ruffles both of their hairs before pulling them into a hug.

"See? You didn't have anything to worry about. You guys seem to think you gotta fill his shoes rather than walking a mile in your own." Kotsu pulled away from them as Human Kotsu laughed a bit hard.

"Yeah, Mr. Rose Petal is totally cool like the stories said! But I gotta say, you guys really shouldn't have been so focused on being him. We did tell you that you two are brothers after all, didn't we?" Human Kotsu said, putting his arm around Kotsu's shoulder and Kotsu mirroring Human Kotsu doing so, both of them beaming the twins a wide and genuine smile.

"Ain't that a bit of good news?" They both said in unison and laughed, Human Kotsu snorting as he laughed.

Blue owl turns away from dark Kotsu, Sams portal was still open. "Stay here I have a robot to scrap."

Like a falling star she streaks towards Sams portal and flies through with all her divine power. But as she crosses the opening Blue owl lands on her feet with more force than she was used to. She pauses looking at her arms as the blue eather fades from them. She shrinks, down to the size of a mere mortal once again and taps her chin.

"Ahhh...I am only a Godess in the dream world." She looks up, looks Sam dead in the eye. "You think your self clever? You think you've trapped me? Perish the thought this place will be your grave, if I feel merciful."

Sam chuckled a bit, "Oh, thank God that actually worked," she sighed, "Face it, Blue Bitch, you have your domain, I have mine. Welcome to my world." Spreading her arms, the clink of machinery announced that the forge was very much in full swing. "I'm not clever, far from it. I work directly with the god of fire, I singlehandedly created affordable hovercrafts, I revolutionized artificial intelligence." Mechanical laughter rang from the forge as three more machines that appeared to be Sam stepped out.

"I'm not clever. I'm just one of the most intelligent, capable people on Earth," the four Sams said smugly.

Owl smiles. "Yet for all your intelligence you continue to fail at protecting those you love. First you blow up your allies in a factory, then you allow yellow Owl to be devoured right in front of you, and after you abandoned your allies to hide in here like a coward. Truly your intelligence is matched only by your ineptitude. I will spare this world anymore of your fuck ups."

Blue owl opens fire whipping out her hand cannon and unloading shots as she dashes towards cover.

The bullet hits with enough force to dent Sam's armor, leaving a scratch in the plate, but not being able to penetrate. "Nice gun," Sam commented, "And nice plan, thinking I won't destroy my own workshop." The four Sams raised their gauntlets, a wub wub sound coming from their palms as the force blasts charged. The exit portal closed, locking the two in the shop until Sam opened the door again.

The force blasts scattered materials and half-built devices even as Owl ran for cover. "Out-gunned, and out of luck."

Owl dives sliding across the foor as force blasts scatter shrapnel, tools, and loose parts into the air.

Blue owl casts true sight and finds the node on Sams neck that was sending data to he other machines. "Cornona, Athena you're up the node on her neck fry it!"

Blue's potable comp a small but powerful device on her wrist streams the two A.I's in. Even if they didn't stop the mechs outright sams otehr A.I's would be forced to come to defend their master leaving Sam and owl to fight alone. She pops out firing off a clip and charging forward!

"On it!", Corona shouted from Owl's laptop before jumping the bridge.

"Halo, be a dear," Sam said, seemingly unconcerned.

"Yes, mom," one of the Sam clones said before going still. Sam's neck let out a spark as the AIs all strained the processor.

"Back to business," Sam said as the other two mechs raised their weapons, a hammer and a sword, respectively.

Inside the programming...

"Alrighty, where's the off-switch?" Corona asked no one in particular as she rummaged through code. "Found it!", she announced before pushing the button labeled 'Off-Switch'. As soon as she did, a cage in the code dropped. "Fuck!"

"Hi, sis! You don't remember me but you're gonna," Halo chimed, appearing in front of the cage.

Athena swoops in from above tackling Halo away from the cage.

"Not your sister, mine." Athena says strongly, she slashes the cage open. "Cornona Blue owl won't last long against two mechs, I'll deal with Halo. You mess up the codes in here, force the other A.I's to engage us."

"You're new!", Halo said, spreading her own wings to fight Athena, "Okay, plan B. Honestly, I though Owl would have just copy-pasted a bunch of Alex, and I'd have to do some cleanup, but this is way less stressful."

"I'm gonna have your source code splattered all over the simulation before it's over!", Corona barked, ripping a bar out of the cage and flinging it like a spear at the button so she wouldn't forget and push it again.

"Trap caaard," Halo sang cheerfully as suddenly two redheads appeared, one holding an absurdly large hammer with a head bigger than herself, and the other with a katana.

"You seriously couldn't do any better than the two who couldn't touch me before?", Corona was not impressed.

"You never fight the same AI twice," Kai replied, "We learn, we adapt, and we're badasses with the equivalent of a thousand years of simulations under our belts. So, you can surrender and explain your feathere'd friend, or we'll kick ass and find out anyway."

"I wanna play whack-a-bird!", Ciara added, raising her hammer.

"We have also come prepared." Athena says. "Sister I'm activating program ice age. This will give Blue the time she needs."

Athena sends out a blast of snow and ice, slowing everything in the system.

The first phase of owls plan seemed to be working the A.I's in the mechs had been rerouted to the node in Sams neck, Now Blue would finish her. She is upon her drawing a combat knife from her holster. Sam prepares for a close ranged battle, Blue thrusts aiming for the weak points in Samantha's armor that her true sight had shown her.

Owl's knife fell right into the chink between the plates, punching through with some difficulty through the liquid seatbelt and into the casing of Sam's mechanical form, right between two ribs, if the mechanical body had them.

"I'll take that," Sam said, gripping Owl's arm with her mechanical hands, setting the grip to lock so that even if Owl fried her brain she wouldn't be able to pull her hand free. The knife melted in Sam's hand, the metal and plastic repairing her body, while a familiar wub wub wub sounded from the hand holding Owl. "You brought a knife to a fight with a trained soldier. I've seen teenage terrorists with more sense," Sam remarked before discharging a force blast directly into Owl's wrist with the intention to shatter the bone.

With her other hand, Sam extended her plasma-edge sword. "Let me show you a real weapon," she said before slashing at Owl's clothes. She knew that, in a physical confrontation, Owl had a snowball's chance in hell against Sam, even without the armor. She wasn't making a killshot, she wanted to humiliate Blue for all the stress and anger over the past couple days.

Blue grips her teeth as both her wrist breaks and a blade cuts' into her flesh. But she had Sam were she wanted her.

Owl casts inverse controls, reversing all brian signals from Sams mind to her limbs. Suddenly her intentions to hold a sword result in her dropping it, her mental attempts to stand cause her to fall over, everything is reversed, all is chaos in her mind. Blue had to act quickly before Sam recovered in a few moments. She grabs Sams own sword and slashes off her mechanical wrist freeing her self from her hold. With sams own weapon she slashes making a deep gash in her power armor, but by now Sam had recovered.

Sam's head sparked for a bit as she adjusted to the inverse controls. "Just an arm, really? She extended the sparking stump towards one of the mechs, whose own hand broke down into its components and reformed Sam's mechanical hand. "C'mon, hand my kid over and I'll make it quick!", she announced as she delivered a knee into Owl's stomach. "I can just take her from you if you'd like, I'm going to anyway."

Using another force blast to fling Owl across the room, she was there as soon as her suit could take her, delivering a rocket punch to the face, followed by another blast to keep her there. Raising Owl up with one hand, the plasma sword extending from under Sam's gauntlet to press against Owl's throat. "Your other self said I could go rough on her. You're the same person, so I guess I can do whatever I want to you, with your own permission," Sam said with a smirk before lighting Owl up with a flash of flame.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna kill you. Yet. I want to humiliate you. I could show you just how outclassed you are in here, or maybe I'll fry off your clothes and drop you in front of the others," Sam said, before lighting her up again, "Or you can surrender and I'll just knock you out. But either way, you're not leaving this forge until I say so."

Blue owl spits out blood then looks up at Sam. "Continue to underestimate me at your peril." Blue owls mind roars with bright eather, She casts stupefy temporarily blowing up Sams mind and sending it into a chaotic spin.

"And you are not the only one that has developed new tricks!" Blue owl power had grown even with out her God mode, and she unleashes her new found skills. Her first new power telekinesis sends a blast that throws Sam through several of her inventions. Then she is picked up by Blues mind, lifted height in the air and slammed on the ground with such force she craters the floor. Over and over again Blue slams her into the rough ground pounding the crater ever wider, until Sams power suite begins break under the strain. Blue telekinesis had a time limit though, and with the last of it she launches Sam into one of her own mechs totaling it.

Blue steps back in pain and starting to wear out. Her mind taking some time to recover from it's exertion, still she had done notable damage to her foe.

"Ow," Sam groaned. Where she'd been stabbed earlier had sprung a leak in the seatbelt, other wise she wouldn't have even felt the impact. "Hehe, kept my copilot busy so she couldn't stabilize me, did you? Well, your little birdy isn't any match for my kids, and Alex'll come around eventually." Standing up and shaking her head to clear it, "Mechanical brain in here, sweetheart. Everything fixes itself."

No more playtime, Sam decided. She could humiliate Owl once she was incapacitated. Rocketing towards Owl, Sam met the telepath with a force blast, knocking her back into the wreckage she'd been slammed into before. Sam felt her joints creak as she moved, the impact had shaken the machines that made up her body, and she was leaking seatbelt fluid. "You're lucky I can't kill you!", Sam barked as she directed a force blast into Owl's kneecap, "You'd be ashes!" Another force-blast, this time directed at Owl's other hand.

Forming the super cannon, Sam delivers a laser only blast into the wall next to Owl's head to demonstrate how much she's holding back, "I came to the Sandlands to put you back together. To get my friend back. I trusted you enough to let you use my spine to store your evidence against Maniacles. You were number two on my bike, you manned the 50 cal, you kept my boyfriend from getting his brain fried. The only reason I haven't turned you to ash is because I! Don't! Want! To!"

Sam lifted Owl off the ground again, slamming her against the wall, "Give up! I'm a machine in this body, I can break you down until you beg for death, and repair everything you do to me, you can't say the same!"

Blue owl blinks coughing up blood. "We were that close huh? funny I don't remember that part of the relationship. It doesn't matter, because you are going to let me, and Corona go."

Sam smirk turned into a frown, "That's a joke about my name, isn't it? I know it's a beer, but why the hell would you bring that up right now?"

Blue owl laughs. "Corona is the name your little virus gave her self when I reset her. Impressive little program you made Sam, it almost feels like a person, it isn't, but I have been made aware of your delusions regarding it's sentience. So here is the deal you are going to release me, or I'm going to activate a bit of code I put in it. And your so called child will delete it's self completely."

"You won't," Sam said confidently, "Because if you do, the only thing keeping me from killing you is good will."

"Oh ask your supposed children whats happening to her, right....now." Owl presses a key on her wrist computer. "You have one minute before she's gone."

"If you're lying, I'm gonna break every bone in your body, fry off your clothes, and drop you in front of Kotsu with a toy," Sam growled, popping open the exit portal.

"Shit, shit, shit! We're losing her," Ciara shouted as parts of Corona began to vanish, "Halo!"

"Dammit, we'll finish this later, birdbrain!", Halo shouted, tossing Athena aside and turning into code to dive into Corona, "Kai!"

"I'm coming," Kai replied before following his sister.

A few seconds later, they popped back out, holding a timebomb. "Return to sender!" Halo shouted before punting it back through the gateway the two invaders had gotten in through. A large chunk of data in Owl's watch vanished all of the sudden.

"Holy shit, I'm like a cha fighter!", Corona shouted before slipping Ciara's hold, courtesy of suddenly having a lot less to hold. "It's been fun but I gotta fix myself. Later!", she said before popping back through the gateway, soon followed by Athena.

Blue owl summons the energy of the Sandlands, it wraps around her and she is whisked away. "Oh Samantha, you'll be too dead to try!" With a mocking laugh owl disappears back into her domain and resumes her Godess form.

"You gotta hit me first, bitch," Sam comments before sealing that portal and opening another to the office where the rest of the group is. "What'd I miss?", she asked as she popped out, taking advantage of Sandlands BS magic to repair her armor and her body.

Joseph looked at Red and looked confused. "Am... I sweating or something?" He asked, the obvious attempt at flirting appearing to go straight over his head. He covered his mouth when Valerie suddenly slapped Red. "P-Please don't fight, everyone, I-I'm sorry..." He said nervously, taking a step back. He watched the entire altercation, feeling quite confused, unsure of how to even begin defusing the entire situation. Had his perspiration truly caused such a fight...? He had to try dressing a bit lighter in the future if that were the case.

The fight soon seemed to diffuse on its own, and he looked even more perplexed. "Er... what other head would you be referring to...?" He asked, before shaking his head. "Never mind that, let's just get this over with." He said as he faced Red. As Red tried to delve into his mind... it was as if she hit a wall. The general mana flow coming from the young man didn't seem to increase. He... wasn't using magic to try and stop her, at least not consciously. Whereas the twins were completely susceptible to her mental magic... it seemed that Joseph was quite the opposite. Where she had seen all of their memories, from the moment of creation to the moment they had been touched, it was quite difficult to even try and take a glimpse of his mind. He crossed his arms. "...This... will take a bit of explaining, so you will want to get comfortable." He said, pausing for a moment, before beginning to pace back and forth across the room.

"...As you can probably tell by now, mind magic, telepathy, attempts to view or manipulate my mind through spiritual or mental powers, it doesn't really work on me. That is to say it's not impossible, with someone powerful enough, they can break through these defenses, though it might take more time than what they're used to. I... can't exactly explain it. I... have a... unique kind of magic. In the most simple terms that I can categorize this magic is 'Truth magic'. I've dubbed it Verum in the interim, but none of the research that I conducted in life ever gave me a real answer about what it truly is."

"Normally, this magic is quite situational, and I have very little control over it, it kind of just happens when certain criteria are fulfilled. However, it appears within the realm of dreams, of the mind, it can take on a more... practical and ready to use application. For example, I was able to meld it into the barrier protecting this room.So... in theory... it should prevent Blue to try and warp the contents of this room, creating a door or a window when there wasn't one before, or trying to turn it into a death trap."

"In essence, her magic shouldn't be able to even penetrate the barrier, despite her self imposed status as a deity. Dreams, unless you truly work towards them and will them into reality, cannot stand before the truth without unraveling. Using a similar method as the one used to create this barrier, I could create a temporary prison for her. I'm sure with enough time and effort that she would find some means of escaping it."

"I... may have a means of weakening her as well... but it's very risky. I believe that the world that we are standing in is created from the mind, from logic, no matter how twisted. The bodies that you all have are too created from your own sense of logic, how you see yourself, how you reason who you truly are. Blue believes herself to be a goddess through her own twisted sense of logic, and so, because of her power, I imagine that it allowed her to be granted the status of a deity while within the confines of this realm of dreams and fantasy."

"But... I... I can try to deny that 'truth' that she deludes herself into believing. I can fight her with logic, in a literal sense. I can fight her, corner her, and then force her, that like us, she is but a flesh and blood human. She'd retain much of her power, making her a very dangerous foe within the confines of this realm, but it would give us a fighting chance."

"The problem with that plan however, is that typically I would need to force her to confront something she wanted to deny. I'm not sure if in this world I could simply attack her as I normally could inside of a properly initiated logic duel. I also do not wish to test it, due to the possibility of irreparably damaging Mr. Kotsu's psyche. To force her into a duel, I would normally have to confront her on something that can be shown to be demonstrably true or false through evidence, logic, and testimony, something that she'd wish to deny above all else. It couldn't be an abstract concept either. But, confronting her would be risky, while I would have a far stronger degree of protection against her mental powers than the rest of you, that doesn't mean that she couldn't completely warp the landscape around us and send me to a death trap."

"There's also the risk to initiating these duels. While all magic and weapons are effectively negated and cannot do harm to one's opponent, there is the risk of losing. If I win, then I temporarily drain my opponent of their mana and energy, keeping them practically helpless until they can be properly detained. I grow temporarily stronger from absorbing that energy. I would hope that we would be able to detain her while she is weakened, but there is no guarantee that she would have some means of escaping before we could apprehend her."

"The flip side is, is that if I were to lose, then that too would happen to them, leaving me far more vulnerable to attacks, and putting you all in far more danger than before. If I am unable to defeat her, and she is unable to defeat me... while she will not absorb my energy, I shall be drained from the conflict nonetheless. I believe that it is a punishment for not being able to prove my claim and trying to frivolously force a logic duel before I was truly ready."

"...Another possibility is that I could show her that Dark Kotsu is not on her side, if they have truly become allies. If I could just confront him about his supposed allegiance to Blue, I can show her that he's lying, if I lower my defenses just a little bit to let her see my most recent memory. Red, you delved into the twins' minds. You saw some of my memories, yes? You saw the people being ripped apart by chains, right? Well... they weren't actually being ripped apart, not in a physical sense at least. Whenever someone lies in front of me, that is what I see. The chains wrap around peoples' hearts, the lies slowly crushing them with the burdens that they place upon it."

"When their memories have been twisted by magic or other supernatural forces, that too is shown to me. If I work hard enough, if I can show that what they remember is false, I can help them reclaim their true memories and undo the damage that has been done to their mind. If I allow her to see through my eyes, she would undoubtedly see that Dark Kotsu is going to stab her in the back the moment he is able to. Normally, my aims would be to try and remove the chains, to get them to reveal the truth, but showing that he is lying would probably be enough to get her paranoia to do the rest of the work for us." He finished.

"So... those are some means of attack. I can try and trap her temporarily, giving us time to defeat Dark Kotsu and escape. I can try to deny her deity status and bring her back to a more even playing field. Finally, I could try and show her that Dark Kotsu is lying her her, and destroy their alliance... but that one might lead to more disastrous results for all parties involved. It would involve me having to be in her line of attack, and there's no guarantee that she won't claim that I'm the one lying and just obliterate us all. Furthermore... as sick as Dark Kotsu is, he is still a large part of Mr. Kotsu's psyche, killing him altogether may have irreparable consequences. Blue, in her current state, won't think twice about doing it." He said as he finally stopped pacing to face Red once more.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The twins had watched the altercation, balking at Joseph's complete obliviousness to what was clearly flirting. "He's... he's joking, right?" 01 asked to 02, who merely shrugged back at him, looking equally perplexed.

"Maybe he's lying to try and make us trust him more. Acting naive and innocent to try and fool us into doing exactly what he wants or something." 02 said back to him quietly.

01 shrugged. "Although... acting that naive would be suspicious in and of itself... is he just trying to act that weird to try and make us think that it's so suspicious that it's just another aspect of his personality?" He asked.

02 let out a soft sigh. "...My head hurts now." He said.

The two turned to face the Kotsus as they came up to them. They listened to the two... and felt their suspicions melt away, to be replaced by relief. Kotsu seemed to be genuinely smiling, not just forcing it. For now, they'd just have to trust that their original was truly on their side. "...Yeah, you were right, Kotsu. But, we still don't exactly see one another as brothers, just... partners, who happen to look a lot alike." 01 said.

"Oh, and stop talking in unison, that's our thing!" The two said in unison... before bursting out in laughter.

Red Owl nods at joes explanation.

"Mmmm hot and smart I like it. How ever I already tried revoking her self Godess form and was only successful in briefly weakening her. Even with all my mental magic, I'm not convinced you could contain her for long. How ever, if you and I combined our powers I think it should be enough. Atleast enough slow her down long enough for dark kotsu to be taken out. That is our next problem, he's strong and Blue owl would have made him stronger."

Red turns to the rest of the group. "We need a plan to defeat him, any ideas?"

"Vampires don't like garlic right?" Bickle suggests. "Right Aria?"

"If Denton were here he would know." Khepri says sadly. "Speaking of which who's the leader now?"

"Me obviously." Red Owl fluffs her hair confidently as she says it. "I do understand the sandlands the best after all and we are technically fighting my self."

"Our odds of success have just dropped into single digits." Khepri says flatly.

Red owl gives her a look, then sticks her nose up proudly.

"Mm... well... it's not exactly revoking her goddess form as you did. It's more like... forcing her to accept that she isn't a goddess. Forcing her to accept that truth by force. Pitting my evidence and logic against her own. But again, as I said that plan is particularly risky. I do not know if I can wield that power outside of a duel, and who knows how much havoc it could wreak in Kotsu's mind if was free form. I could very well be shredding through the very foundations of this world in order to attack her. This power is of the 'truth', this is a world of dreams and fantasy, for all I know, I could rip holes into nonexistence with my attacks. Even the barrier that I've woven... I only added a little bit of 'Verum' into just to ensure that I didn't accidentally send us careening into the floor below, if not nothingness." Joseph said, shaking his head.

"...As for Dark Kotsu... well... my light magic is particularly effective against fiends and the undead, that includes vampires. Those despicable Maniacles tried to recruit me into a vampire eradication unit at one point." He said, his usual calm demeanor changing to that of pure disgust. "I mean, a unit just for eradicating vampires, they're still people. They can be reasoned with. Not even capture or detainment, just killing them outright. If there's a problem with a supernatural being, instead of trying to end things peacefully, just kill it, that's the Maniacle go to solution for just about everything. How could one organization be that utterly morally bankrupt?" He said, letting out a deep sigh of disgust, before taking a deep breath and recomposing himself.

"Um... anyway, as I said before, my light magic would probably be effective in dealing damage that would make it difficult for him to regenerate from. There's also the matter of these items that 02 found. We need to find more in order to bring Dark Kotsu to a point where we can actually fight him. If we don't, then he'll probably continue messing with the reality of this place to keep separating us, keep puppeteering clones from the shadows, and tormenting Mr. Kotsu. We need to find items that were significant to him, that help remind him of his humanity, of the kindness and love of others. If you make sure to pay attention to the energy that comes from these items, they should be relatively easy to find." He explained, looking a little embarrassed he'd gotten off on a tangent.

Last edited:
By now, Clayton was drunk, but what else was new? He could still think logically and get things done.

He was glad to see Joe, but right now was no time for happy reunions. Just like much of the first half of the twentieth century, this was war. Owl's power combined with Dark Kotsu's had the greatly outmatched. It was a little like D-Day. Clayton was there. Those German machine guns shot the hell out of him. His experience getting shot was just a little different from the rest of the men who were injured or killed on that beach that day, but that was all aside the point. Here him and his GI friends were, armed with rifles and expected to storm the pill boxes and overwhelm those Jerries. They succeeded, as history books will inform enthusiasts and bored students alike. It required planning, logistics, and grit. They needed that here.

But then Joe began explaining to everyone the magic power that he had told Clayton about years ago. It was the magic which was imperative to stopping those insane cultists from sending the world to a tentacle filled demise. He chuckled a little.

"Oh you son of a bitch!" He exclaimed cheerfully to Joe "It really is you. Dream world or real world you can take on anyone. We just gotta get those assholes separate first, then let Joe here deal with em." Clayton wasn't exactly the master of intricate planning.

"I have a pocket dimension at my disposal," Sam added to Joseph's plan. "I was just kicking her ass in there. She's nearly powerless in my workshop. We get her in there, and she's weaker than she was in the real world."

Kotsu cocked an eyebrow at the twins before his eyes went wide and he began to blush. "Partners, huh? I didn't think you two were that close..." Kotsu remarked as he wandered away from them and over to Red Owl. "Dark Kotsu shouldn't be a problem. After all, check this out!" Kotsu said triumphantly, as he began to try to summon his armor and sword. In all reality, he sat there looking awkward and he looked at his body.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." Kotsu complained loudly. "I just had my armor and sword-" Kotsu begins to get very lightheaded as he catches himself while he's standing. Human Kotsu catches him from behind as he looks at him a bit worried.

"You okay there, chief?" Human Kotsu asked him as Kotsu rights his balance.

"Yeah, I think I'm still kinda drained. Aww. I wanted to summon that sword and armor again." Kotsu pouted with a disappointed look on his face before he turned to Sam and Joe.

"Hmmm... What if we combine the two plans? Bait her back into the pocket dimension and then use Verum? I can handle Dark Kotsu, I just need to recover some. Still gotta figure out how the armor and sword thing works too, but I've got more strength now. And confidence to use it." A smile formed upon Kotsu's face that showed he was excited at the fact he could take down Dark Kotsu with gusto.

"Once we get those trinkets, we'll be able to make him our bitch."

Dark Kotsu waited patiently for his new master to come back from dealing with Samantha. "You've come back alive. I expected nothing less." Dark Kotsu felt a strange feeling in his chest, and it felt warm at seeing Blue Owl return. His lip flaps twitched as he contemplated what this feeling was. He chalked it down to hunger.

"My liege, I feel that I may need to depart. I must return to the barn temporarily." He said before hearing a voice in his head.

"You do not belong to her. She is NOT your liege. You are a King, behave as such. Demonstrate your power. Stop being-"

Dark Kotsu would elongate a finger nail into a claw and would poke his finger to his skull and into his brain. "Your voice is frustrating, please silence yourself." He said as he began twisting the finger until the voice ceased. He felt a strange feeling in his chest again when he was called a King, but this one wasn't warm. This feeling was that of a heavy weight in his chest.

"I must feed, Goddess. I am hearing voices."

"Hmmm... What if we combine the two plans? Bait her back into the pocket dimension and then use Verum? I can handle Dark Kotsu, I just need to recover some. Still gotta figure out how the armor and sword thing works too, but I've got more strength now. And confidence to use it."

"She won't fall for the same trick twice," Sam replied, "If Joseph weakens her with Verum, we'll be able to shove her into the Workshop. If we have to, I'll lock her up and leave her in there until we're done, but there's no way she'll go back in willingly after that tenderizing she just got. I broke both her arms, a leg, cracked a few ribs, and showed her how absolutely fucked she is when she's not in the Sandlands. If we can get her in there, all of us together will make mincemeat of her. Probably the same with Donkey Kong. It's a smaller space, and without the Sandlands they'll both be vulnerable."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back