• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Denton could you foresee this happening? Your subordinates are clearly out of control....
It seems your schemes go beyond what I expected

Fizzy quickly entered in action, he produced his second weapon, able to fire special ammunition, he loaded it with grenades able to generate a small field to disable magic sources. He aimed carefully and shot against the demon, hopefully to turn its flames off and not kill him

Will this work on a demon?... wondered

Last edited:
Aria

"Quentin my son!"

A cry echoed through the battlefield. The cry of a battered man getting a piggy back ride on a vampire girl. Aria already untied him like Denton told her to, but instead of putting him down somewhere safe, she carried him right into the middle of the battlefield instead. Not her idea, it's the father's.

"Quentin. I'm sorry that I am such a useless father. Even letting you get possessed by demon like this. I'm sorry." Quentin's father stood on Aria's shoulders. Tear and blood were flowing down his cheek. He could barely fight with his body heavily wounded like that, hence why she requested the girl who somehow was strong enough to easily carry him for help. Quentin was his son, Quentin's cry was his fault and Quentin's despair was his responsibility. He couldn't just sit down while Quentin's friends bet their life for his son like this.

Aria dashed through the battlefield straight to the demon Quentin. She grabbed the father's legs and start spinning to gather momentum.

"Quentin, my son. Please come back to your sense!" The father yelled a battlecry as Aria launched him towards the flame demon. His sword was unsheathed, ready to strike the demon. He was ready to give even his life to get his son back.

"Quentin. You have a wonderful family. I can understand why you're so sad and angry for losing them." Aria muttered to herself.

Clayton had just regained his most important abilities...only for this situation to break out in which he would not involved himself. Seriously, when those mages all that time ago destroyed his life and doomed him for at least a good few centuries to walk the world as a vampire revenge became part of his entire life. This Quentin wanted to avenge his family, even if only in dream land, but who was anyone to stop him?

"I am staying out of this, but my money is on Quentin" Clayton said, as he manifested a bottle of jack in his hand and took a swig.

"Guess the Builder was telling the truth," Sam said as the fiery shockwave from the explosion passed over her harmlessly. "God of fire makes me fireproof." Sam could do many things, but she couldn't combat demons on her own at present, not without tools, and she needed materials to do that. So, like Clayton, she parked it. Her weapons switched for a screwdriver as she fiddled with her right hand, recalibrating the thumb.

Denton watched the team attack Quentin. He whistled, backing away, and sitting down in an area where he hoped he would be safe. He looked around, searching for one of two people. His eyes fell on Vivian first.

"Yeesh...this is bad. Not what I anticipated, at least we got Mao on the team, right? Heh." Denton frowned as he spoke to her. "Q seems pretty pissed. I have a plan. You want to help? It involves you."

Vivian ran both her hands through her hair as Quentin attacked the entire group but then she heard Denton's voice and she turned to glare at him, she lowered her hands and crossed her arms. "What's the plan? You do realise this whole situation is your fault right?" She spoke an annoyed tone and didn't bother hiding her anger. "Look if it helps Quentin and the group I'll do it but that does not mean I think what you did was right." She said as she uncrossed her arms and glanced at the group.

"Okay, is it my fault a little, sure? I did it for the right reasons, though." He gave her a thumbs up. "Now, you may not notice this about me, but I do quite a lot of watching. My ability lets me know things. And I pay attention. You and Quentin have some tension with one another. I'm sure you're aware. Not the angry sort of tension. The other sort of tension...ya know?"

She rolled her eyes, not amused with his comment about it being for the right reasons. Looking back at Denton she calmed down a little when he spoke about the tension between her and Quentin. Moving her hand to the back of her neck she avoided eye contact and nodded, she knew all to well what he meant but she wasn't quite sure if she could admit it just yet at least not to Denton "Yeah... I know what you mean but what does that have to do with anything?" She lifted her gaze and sighed "I can't just go up there and talk to him... despite our... tension... his demon has taken control."

"Right, right of course. He is a pretty awkward guy, though. You know what I mean?" Denton smiled. "Probably not used to women...especially one like yourself. No offense. You're a solid 8 or 9, easy. He's a raging madman at the moment. What calms an energetic man down?"

Vivian's eyes widen as what she assumed to be a compliment "Thank you? And give Quentin some credit he can be quite confident when he needs to be... mainly when flames destroy his clothing." She chuckled a little despite how serious the situation is "As for calming him down I don't think mister fire demon is in the hugging mood? And even if I could get that close what if it doesn't work?"

"Don't get close to him, no," Denton said. "We don't need that exactly. He's riled up, he's pissed, needs a release. Mao isn't here for and I don't feel like dying." He eyed Vivian. "That leaves the other sort of release. It may take a moment to set in, but if Quentin is anywhere in there he'll respond to this." For the first time Denton seemed to become flustered. "You wanna go ahead and get naked?"

Vivian turned as red as her hair, covering her face she had to take a few deep breaths before looking at Denton with a shocked expression " You can't just say that! If you aren't careful about what you say Quentin won't be the only one you need to worry about." She was still as red as one person could possibly be as she spoke. "You expect me to just get naked in front of everyone are you insane?" She paced a bit, trying to think of something better than her getting naked in front of all her team mates "God I need a drink... Do I really have to do this? If you are wrong and I do that I will shoot you when we get out of this." she wasn't sure if she could do this in front of them all, her body hesitating to move despite knowing that it had to be done in order to save everyone else. "You are absolutely sure there is no other way of doing this?" she said, hesitation still in her voice.

"I'm somewhat sure. It'll certainly be...interesting to see." Denton turned his back on her. "Look I'm not asking you to sleep with him here. I'm just saying. Strip, get his attention, tantalize him. Or fight him naked. Quentin may react if he's inside or maybe he'll blow his load and relax."

She turned redder at Denton's casual remarks, none of which made her feel any better about being asked to strip down. She groaned and went to remove her armour piece by piece, she got down to the shirt and pants underneath before stopping and turning around to Denton. Walking up to him she punches him in the face "Next time this happens you can strip down because I didn't sign up for this shit." she said before moving back to behind Denton and removing her shirt and pants, leaving her in just her underwear. "I hate this so much... I'm not stripping any more because it's weird enough as it is." She used her arms to cover up her already too exposed body, letting out a small sigh she used her augmented mind to run out behind Quentin, shouting at the demon trying to grab it's attention. "Hey Quentin! Look here."

Kotsu slowly lifted his head to see Vivian semi-naked. "What... The fuck...?" Kotsu's flesh that had already started to heal, was turning red from blushing. "Is... Is this really the time? I mean, I get being in the mood, but come on now..." Kotsu was coughing as he spoke, weakly standing up. Kotsu remembered that this world was a dream world once more. He reached into his belt and produced another healing potion that he willed into existence, and drank it to aid his recovery. When he was finished drinking it, he turned to Denton. "Dude, you're definitely more cooked than I am, but I'm not gonna lie-" Kotsu said staring back at Vivian, and turning his gaze back to Denton while blushing. He used his hand to cover his line of sight from Vivian. "This isn't an unwelcome distraction, but it's kinda hard to focus."

"What the...?" Mumbled Fizzy as Vivian shows half naked in the battlefield.

He threw a side glance at her yet quickly recovered his focus in the enemy in front of him, aiming carefully and shooting a few more rounds.

His expression was serious however...

Don't watch or Sam's gonna kill you

"Woohoo! A drink and a show! Now we're talking." Clayton took another swig, still standing out of the fight "This reminds me of the girls back home."

He recalled the ladies back in his home village, in his time. All dolled up in their corset tops and makeup trying to cover up herpes sores.

Quentin pauses for a brief instant at the sight of Vivian blinking, for a moment the flames seem to cool. But then Quentin to feels a sharp pain sink int his chest and he reacts in an instinctive rage blasting fire from his body and throwing his father back engulfing him in flames. Then he calm again when he see's who it was.

"Quentin." His father inhales painfully.

Then with great effort he exhales for the last time. "Do not let evil, linger."

"No!" Owl shouts wide eyed, she spins to Aria. "You idiot why would you go do that!?" She is interrupted by hell.

Quentins cries of rage are no mixed with shrieks of horror, he rushes to his fathers side, tries to scoop him up in his hands, hold him but he is denied even that as his father turns to ash in his fingers and is torn from him by the wind.

Owl could sense what was coming she casts stupefy on Quentin scrambling his mind for a few precious seconds.

"RUN!" Owl screams at everyone, and they do for thirty seconds they dash away as fast as they can.

In the distance what looks like a nuke goes off, a wall of fire hundreds of meters high and a shock wave so intense it throws everyone violently forward with bone cracking force. The very sky seems to turn red with Quentins anger if one could even call that Quentin. A full blown demon easily fifty feet high shrieks into existence bringing with it a world of flame, Quentin was utterly consumed.

Coughing out ash and nursing singed skin the party staggers to it's feet, and looks on in terror at what was essentially hell given form.

"Andras?" Bickle says coughing. "It's the only way to stop him. He out of control, he's going to burn all of the dream realm to the ground!"

"No." Owl says sternly.

"But.."

"I said no! If anyone even thinks of touching that thing I'll erase them from the dream world my self!" Owl glares at them. "We will fix this, with out killing Quentin."

Though her skin was burned and her clothes barely more that scorched ashes Owl rises in the air. "Joe I'm going to make an illusion of Moa Do and lead him away from the village, the rest of you better come up with a plan that doesn't involve killing more of his family. Accept for you Aria, don't try anything else stupid, in fact don't even think, don't even breath!"

Owl spins to Denton. "And you! Don't...touch...Andras." She gives him the most adorable of death glare then flies into the air.

Quentin was laying waste to the countryside, fires razed the landscapes to ashes and the villagers fled from their home. Owl felt sorry for them, so much for an alliance with Moa helping them.

She transforms her self into an image of Moa and flies over to Quetin. "Yoo hoo, over here!"

The living nuke of rage and grief roars and give chase leaving nothing in it's wake but ash. It fires a beam of concentared eather from it's mouth which Owl deftly evades. It nukes the landscape were it falls ruining mountain ranges, burning away the clouds.

They needed a plan fast, she couldn't dodge for ever.

All right I stared at her naked .... Too late Thought Fizzy

Then the events unfolded and Aria's brilliance brought upon the team a huge demon

"Denton! Kill Mao Do, that'll calm his rage!" Exclaimed Fizzy

Shit didn't want to resort to these ones

He loaded explosive rounds, the same he used to burst Vlad's abdomen. Will it work on a Demon? Hardly, Fizzy aimed to the legs hoping to knock him down. With a loud bang and a hard recoil the explosive round flied against Quentin's right calf

Kotsu grabbed 4 ice elemental bombs from his belt and ran toward Quentin and from a safe distance where he could dodge the rays of fire from Quentin's demonic heat bursts, whipped them hard against Quentin to shatter them and quell his fires. "OWL, DON'T DO THIS. GET BACK, NOW!" Kotsu shouted at her, his body running off of sheer adrenaline. "I WON'T LOSE YOU TWICE!"

Aria

Aria dusted herself after that blast knocked her onto the ground, the lightbulb on her head shattered and the patties were cooked. That was not really unexpected, but she still felt a bit sorry for Quentin's father since his attempt at purging Quentin's demon got backfired.

Even though Owl seems to be angry at her and she just caused a demon rampaging a countryside, she didn't felt guilty for this. As long as she's just doing what other tells her to do. Owl was right, she didn't need to think.

She looked around for Denton to ask him as she usually do. "Denton. Order?"

The Joes had quickly ran away, and ended up being thrown several feet from the blast, their bodies blackened and singed... they got up and saw Owl. They nodded in unison. "Right, we'll try and think of something." They said in unison as they got to their feet. They reached into their pouches and quickly downed one of their healing potions.

After that, the twins ran toward the demon. Without a second thought, 01 grabbed 02 and threw him several feet into the air, just past where Quentin was rampaging. Before that, 02 had quickly poured a solution of ice and earth over his arrows, creating four ice, and four earth. He quickly drew the ice arrows and fired them at Quentin's eyes, trying to blind him. Then finished with firing off his earth arrows at his joints once more, hoping to sever nerve endings or muscles to prevent him from moving once the arrow burst through his skin creating sharp earthen spikes.

Meanwhile, 01 charged at his feet, quickly throwing earth bombs at and under them, hoping to encase them in earth, or having him gouge his own foot on them, preventing him from moving. He would quickly charge after 02 and catch him just before he landed face first on the ground. They looked back to see what their attacks did to him.

Denton watched the walking inferno moving away from the village, Owl in the form of Mao Do. He had caused this. This destruction. The pain. Guilt stabbed through his heart, making him wince. He tried to bury it, stay on the task/

He squeezed his eyes shut. Denton was a man of many and few wants, made of contradictions. A sigh escaped him. Aria asked him what to do. He had two ideas in mind, both could result in death, or piss of Quentin further.

Worth the risk?

Denton shifted.

"I have a couple plans working. They are hatching," Denton said. "He needs something to calm him down. Vivian kind of had it...until you torched his father." He looked at Aria. "You remember when you carried Morgan on your back?"

"Yes, I remember." She recalled the event. Why did she feel like lots of her action during a mission consist of carrying someone else? Not that she complains though.

"What's the plan, Denton?"

"Okay." Denton jumped on her back like she were a horse. "Speed to the village."

"Right away." Aria took a stance and gathered her blood in her legs, at least she imagined to. After a brief pause she launched herself with such power that both her and Denton were gliding in the sky. It didn't take a long time before they reach the village, the villagers were in panic at the sight of the demon in the distance.

Denton hopped off Aria's back, thanking her. The villagers were scrambling, screaming, praying, and everything inbetween at the monstrous form Quentin had taken. Owl was doing a damn fine job of drawing his attention, but it wouldn't last forever. They needed away to reach the man inside the monster. He took a breath, putting more power into his voice than usual.

"Excuse me!?"

Nothing.

"Hey!"

More villagers ran passed, some going into their homes, others fleeing entirely. An eldery man was hobbling by as fast his cane would take him. Denton got in his way.

"I'm searching for the village mage," Denton said. "She has a son. Quentin is his name. This place isn't very large, I'm sure you know them."

The elderly man nodded slowly, clutching his cane.

"Where is she?" Denton asked

"I'm right here."

A woman stepped forward, coming out of the clay built homes. She had a lot of Quentin in her face, but calmer, more controlled, less lost looking. He could feel the magical energy radiating off of her. She was strong.

The control in her composure wasn't one to hold up against the eyes of the Denton and Aria. Lines of worry etched into her face, forehead creased, and bright hazel eyes shimmering.

"Where is my son? My husband?" She asked, turning around to eye the monster in the distance.

Aria just quietly pointed at the rampaging monster. The woman's face became paler, she was clearly taken aback by the revelation.

"They got eaten by demon??"

"No. Your son is the demon."

The woman swallowed the pain. She came closer to the two of them, legs shaking. "What do you mean he is the demon?"

"Due to some unfournate circumstances," Denton said. "A demon has awakened inside Quentin. I think we can calm him down, but we need help, you're a mage right?'

The woman nodded, but clearly didn't fully comprehend the scope of the problem. "My husband?"

Denton eyed Aria for a moment then turned his attention back to Quentin's mother. The poor woman had suffered so much. Sadly, there was more to come. A small price to pay for saving this place. Maniacles had made an investment in the village. It would be bad if it went up in flames now. "Okay, listen. This will be hard to here, but he died. I'm sorry."

She stared blankly for a moment before several tears began falling. "H...how?"

Denton glanced at Aria again. "Uhhh...with dignity."

"And his head held high." Aria chimed.

"Defending our son? I knew Lord Mao could never be trusted. His greed and lust for power knows no bounds."

"Listen, I'm sorry to cut this short, but we don't have much time here. You're a mage. Do you know any illusion based spells I have an idea on how to bring Quentin back, but I need someone who can cast a semi-competent illusion spell. The person I'd normally do that is currently keeping your son from killing us all."

She crossed her arms, looking at the giant walking inferno. "My specialty is more in herbs, medicines, and ritual. I do know of the basics of other magics, though. How complex is what you do need? Do you really think it can save my boy?"

"Miss, if I'm a liar, may the lord strike me down right now." Denton glanced up. Nothing happened. Okay. "I'll do everything I can to help him. I just need a spell that will make something larger, taller than him."

"I think one of my books has something like that," she said. "What will we be focusing on?"

Denton bit his lower lip, face turning slightly red. This was going to be bad. Very bad. He hadn't wanted to do this. Not really. It was just the opportunity had been there when Quentin's father died. A man should never pass on the chances which fall in his lap. "My magic allows me to, um, tap the dead. I can control and communicate with ghosts. Spirits if you will."

Concern touched the face of Quentin's mother.

"I'm sorry," he said.

Denton tapped his magic for power, thinking of who he wanted to bring forth, and summoned up his newest ghost. Quentin's father. Denton had claimed him. The shade appeared as an exact copy of the man Aria had inadvertently killed, only more see-through, and battled damaged. He flickered in and our of existence.

Quentin's mother fainted.

"Damn," Denton said. "Aria, wake the bitch up."

Aria did as she was asked to and poured a bucket of water on the woman. She woke up coughing.

"Do you need some preparation, ma'am? Let me help you then." Still shaken by the fate of her husband and her son, the woman gritted her teeth as she told Aria to carry various ritual ingredients. Her eyes showed determination despite how wet they had became, she's trying to held back her cry.

"Take these."

"All set?" Denton asked, briefly read the book. "Okay, I think I understand how it works. Sort of. My magical skill leaves much to be desired, but I think this is doable. It is just the basics." He looked at Aria. "Get me close to Quentin, yeah?"

"How close?" Aria looked at the raging Quentin once more. She was sure the fire would roast them if they get too close.

Denton, bag full of supplies in hand, hopped on Aria's back again. "Not close enough we burned. You can keep a health distance. What we'll be doing should be big enough for him to see. He also is pretty focused on Owl at the moment. This will either calm him down or piss him off more. It will be a distraction though. Ready Aria?."

"Yes."

Aria ran towards demon Quentin. Close enough for her to feel the heat, but not close enough to get herself burned alive. She was amazed that Owl was still able to keep him at bay all this time. She leaped forward, placing herself between Owl and the demon.

Denton prepared the items as fast he could. It would have to be done in a ritual manner. No mage present except Owl could do it with a flick of the wrist. He drew a circle in the dirt, pouring magical energy into it and tossed a blue substance powder on the circle. It glowed. Shining. So bright it could be seen from yards and yards away.

Denton shielded his eyes. He tapped the dead for power. Quentin's Father.

A hundred-foot tall ghost appeared. One moment there was nothing except blank space until it was replaced by the massive figure of Quentin's Father. He stood even taller than the inferno demon. The man's face was twisted in grief as he faded in and out of reality, his hand extended towards the monster that was now his son.

Pain radiated from the spirit, hurt, regret, emotions so primal and fierce you had to look away. The spirit began speaking. They were the words he had said upon his death. The ones that would cut deep. Hopefully deep enough to reach Quentin.

"Do not let evil, linger."

Joes attack succeeds in slowing the monster, his joints damaged and and ruptured it trips crashing to the ground. But the joes are two close the explosion from his fall would kill them.

Owl swoops down grabbing both of them with her mental magic and flying off as the giant flame demon comes down like a falling mountain, she see's Kotsu and Fizzroy also too close, with a mental force blasts them away from certain death. The demon hits the ground the blast ruptures the skies and drives away the clouds throwing Owl and the joes like leaves in the wind. They all crash badly damaged but alive.

Aria carrying Denton acts quickly speeding away from the blast as Denton summons his illusion magic she leaps over a small ravine landing in shallow water and covers denton as a wave of fire washes over their heads giving them all the world worst sunburn.

The demon begins to recover, rising to it's knees crying tears of sulfur.

"Do not let evil linger."

Quentin looks up to see his father standing grief stricken and dead. His father looks at him and the two giant beings of magic stare at each other for a few moments.

Quentin was tired.

He was tired of being angry, tired of being sad, tired of reliving his memory. But most of all, he was tired of the lies, what? Did Denton think he couldn't tell the difference between his real father and this...this fake? His own father? who he had dreamed about for years? reliving the day he found him slain, staring at his cold face and reminiscing of all the love he used to have?

His fires slowly begins to reignite, he lets out a screech, a beam of pure rage red and bright shoots from his mouth destroying the illusion and rending the sky.

But as the illusion falls it reveal a form behind it, Vivian.

Earlier.

"Absolutely not." owl says. "I'm drained as it is, and that will kill you."

Vivian takes her hand "You must, you your self said this is a dream the flames can't hurt me."

"You're subconscious doesn't know that. Look I know it's a dream and I'm a mind mage yet, I'm still covered in burn scars and they hurt." Owl whimpers, pained tears in her eyes.

Vivian gives her a hug. "You are a child who's putting the world on your shoulders. Why don't you rest, and leave this to a grown up? Trust me."

Owl sighs, she was tired. "okay." she says meekly.

Before the fire can fully engulf Qeuntin Vivian flies forward through the fire and gives him a hug. The heat hurt, and her subconscious was screaming at her to stop drop and roll.

But her love over powered her pain and she wraps her arms around his nose.

"Quentin please... stop I'm not going to hurt you. I know you are hurt Denton is a dick and I don't blame you. But please this isn't the way you have to do this, you don't have to let this demon control you." She was scared, he looked as if he was going to kill her. "Yes the demon is strong but you are stronger I know it, I know deep down the real Quentin is in there so please don't do this... you can control this demon I know you can."

Quentin could see the embarrassment on her face and he felt bad. He started to calm down. Hearing her words he fought himself for checking control. "She's right, I'm in control here. Not you." He thought to himself. The flames die away, and his gint demon form turns to ash leaving just those two hanging in the air. Quentin looked older now, no longer a scared looking kid.

Noticing he had control, he snatched up Vivian and leaped away from everyone. Now it was just those two together. He was still in demon form but now it was regular Quentin and not the demon.

As Quentin scooped her up and leapt away she used her now free arms to cover everything up, her face still completely bright red. She looked up at Quentin hoping that it was him and not the demon now. "Quentin? Are you okay?" She asked with concern in her voice "Please tell me you've gained control..." She figured that now she has his attention, she could think her clothes back on her body, unfortunately her mind was far too occupied to reanimate her clothes back. "I'm so sorry" she said as she covered herself with her arms. "stupid Denton thought it'd be a good idea..." she mumbled under her breath.

Sitting her down gently, he stared at her. He converted back to normal and fell to his knees. His body smoking "Holy shit that was insane. Too much power, it was actually starting to hurt me. And don't apologise. It caught my eye and besides. You've seen me naked twice. I was bound to see you naked eventually. It was only fair." He stood up , took his shirt off and gave it to her, and hugged her. "Thank you for getting me out of that form. Although it was nice being strong enough to take on the whole team, it didn't feel right and I tried to stop but it wasn't working." He pulled back and stared into her eyes. "Sorry that you did end up getting naked though. I know how that feels."

She chuckled, his words making her feel a little better about the whole naked situation. As he hugged her however she smiled and hugged him back, her hands resting on his back. "I'm just glad you are back to normal, I know you'd never want to do those things to the team. I'm just glad no one was seriously hurt although the punch I gave Denton may have done some damage if that makes you feel better." She smiled as she looked into his eyes, his comment making her awkwardly laugh "I don't know how you do it so comfortably, it was so embarrassing. But at least it got your attention so that's one good thing that came out of it."

"Don't worry, Denton is not out of the water just yet. Why did he even make the deal in the first place? Nothing in here is real and that guy has been dead for a thousand years. It's so confusing. Thanks for punching him. Hope it was a good one". He looked into the sky. "How on Earth will I explain this to the team. I'm sure everyone is pissed, especially kotsu since owl was the first person I hit and I almost killed her. And thank you for the shirt, I appreciate it."

Vivian rested her hands on his shoulders and gave him a small smile "Hey... it's okay, I don't know why Denton does what he does and I don't think I can exactly stand by him for making the choice he did. So I'd assume he has some stupid reasoning behind this." She let go of his shoulders and placed them on her hips "I'm sure they will understand, you weren't in control and you just have to tell them that. Kotsu will understand as long as you apologise to Owl and if you want I can confirm this demon fiasco, you can always rely on me to stand by your side when it comes to this."

Without much thought, he caressed her cheek and kissed her. "Thank you. I appreciate you more then you probably know. We should probably start to head back. Not entirely sure how far I took us away from the battlefield."

Vivian turned bright red once again when Q kissed her, her mind racing trying to figure out what had just happened until it finally clicked. Shyly smiling she hesitated for a moment and kissed him back, her cheeks a brighter red as she looked down at the ground "You're welcome, I.. um.. I'm glad I could help and I'd happily do it again." She looked up at him and nodded "Yeah probably, are you going to be alright? If it'll make you feel better I can shoot Denton in the leg?" She joked but a small part of her was being serious about her offer.

He chuckled. "Don't worry about it. It's my problem. I don't want to drag you in this mess. It would only make your life harder" he said as he threw an arm around her. "c'mon now. Let's get going".

They had won, though the fire had mostly burned away any flammable clothing they had worn. The Mainiacles stand proud in their birthday suites would be a great line to say, but in reality they those who were not on the verge of passing out were limping painfully from second to third degree burns back to the now torched village.

"Owl?" Bickles asks gently, knowing the little one was at her absolute limit.

"Give me a moment." She says weakly panting at the edge of the ruined village, then summoning the last of her powers, she restores the town and their clothing. Then collapses face first, the pain of her injuries plus the mental strain on her mind proving too much.

They were alive, barely, and had completed their mission, barely. Many more challenges waited ahead, but for now, they could rest.

Somewhere, off in the distance beyond their sight; Blue Owl opens her eyes.

End of chapter 1

(for real this time.)

A clapping noise echoed through the silence. It was Denton. The man looked tired, beaten, hair in desperate need of a comb, and his clothes were tattered and burned. Aria was in toe behind him. Denton smiled everyone.

All in all it could have gone much worse. The pocket memory world here had been spared from Quentin's rampage and Maniacles got what they wanted. Well, the first step had been completed anyway. There would be more to come. He hoped the group would understand. He saw their faces and knew they wouldn't.

A pang regret went through him. The kind that makes you question your actions, fills your thoughts, and generally makes you feel like a piece of shit. It was quite hard to ignore. He wanted to be somewhere...or as safe as possible.

Denton walked next to Fizzy Roy, patting his old friend on the shoulder, although without much enthusiasm. He looked at everyone. "Excellent. This is is what I call a successful mission guys. We did it. We're all still standing, Maniacles can help the village rebuild, Ward will be happy, we can keep Mao in charge until we don't need him anymore, and I'll try to smooth stuff over with Ward about the killing me thing. No hard feelings about trying to kill me Q, yeah? It all worked out. I think we should all give ourselves a big round of applause. Now it wasn't perfect, sure. In the future I'd like us all to demonstrate a little better communication and have a little more faith in my ability. It was all going quite well until you all got so overly emotional. Thankfully the damage isn't anything that can't be fixed. Well, we can't bring back the lives I suppose. And yes. Beings created here do have some life of their own. It is why we have to fix these emotional outbursts we have."

Denton smiled at Aria and Fizzy Roy. One very loyal and the other his friend. He could at least count them for support. Maybe.

"All in all, though I'm proud of you guys."

Kotsu walks over to a tired Owl after everything had calmed down and handed her another ration bar and potion. "Here, please recover yourself. You too, Bickle." Kotsu said, handing them the supplies. Thanks to the dream world, he could supply backup endlessly. If only he could learn alchemy from the twins, it would be beneficial in the real world. Maybe he would have to ask them to teach him. He remembers the cauldron, and lighting the fire. He'd have to learn the recipes and any other things he'd have to focus on. "I know you guys are tired. These are from the twins. It'll help you back to your fighting physique. I just wish I didn't have to get you hurt. I'm sorry this is a shit show. I didn't agree with Denton's deal like all of us didn't. I feel like we need to all talk to him as a group." Kotsu shrugged and chuckled a little bit to lighten the mood. "Ya know. Like a worker's union? Though, you probably wouldn't get that joke yet, Owl. Bickle probably vaguely understands." Kotsu laughed a bit now that everything was blown over. He tossed the twins a ration bar and health potion as well. "We really don't catch a break, huh?"

The twins looked quite tired as they went with Owl, their bodies feeling quite battered and broken. Had some of their cracks gotten larger...? Probably. Not that it mattered. The two sat up and looked at Owl. "Thanks for the save back there..." They said in unison. They reached into their pouches, pulling out three potions, handing one to Owl as they drank their own. "What the hell was Denton thinking? First, he makes a deal with the guy that murdered his father in the real world, and then uses his mentally murdered father to try to... guilt trip him into standing down? He's... just... just... so scummy!" 01 said, completely indignant.

The two stumbled to their feet as they saw him, they marched right over to him right after his pathetic excuse for congratulations. "YOU!" 02 shouted. The two were too angry to hold back. 02 delivered a left hook to Denton's face, knocking off one of his masks to the ground. "You nearly got us all killed! Are you an idiot or just completely incompetent?! Calling us overly emotional because you ignored one of your subordinate's feelings, his past, you ignored his heart entirely and almost got us killed for it. We might be emotional, but at least we can at least understand our teammates better than you can!" He asked, practically yelling in Denton's masked face.

01 delivered a rather... stronger right hook when Denton looked back at them, knocking another mask off of his face, this one cracking where the puppet's fist connected. "Do you not think of anyone except for yourself?! I mean, what were you thinking? You make a deal with a murderer and then try to use one of your teammates own deceased family members to try and manipulate them! You make a mockery of their memory for your own gain! We wouldn't have to have dealt with any of this if you had put your team before yourself for once Denton! This is just like that stupid demon! We almost died because you wanted to catch it! I bet there was a way to banish it that would have been safer! I lost my leg because of you! Kotsu keeps blaming himself because of what that stupid demon did! Owl is like this because of you!" He shouted.

The two were practically shaking with rage, the words just kept spilling from his mouth without any signs of being able to stop. "What do you have to say for yourself?!" The two practically screamed in his face in unison. Both of them looked ready to pounce on the already injured man and do far worse than just a few punches...

"Enough" Exclaimed Fizzy.

He made a double lariat with both arms extended pushing the twins far away from Denton.
He aimed his gun and fired between both twins's leg, missing in purpose

"I won't tolerate any more insubordination, remember the main focus of this task is recovering the woman's memory and gather intel and force for major purposes."

Kotsu got his whips ready and stood in front of Fritz to protect the twins. "Don't do this. You care about Sam? She said not to make you pick. Don't make more enemies."

There he is, that stupid vampire

"I hadn't hurt them, just stopped their foolish actions. I'll have you know however that I'm willing to take measures if you try anything else more than just punching to our commander. This applies as well to you Kotsu."

Bickle runs between everyone hand outstretched. "Holy shit people we all almost died and you want to start a fight now? right now!? Fucking chill! Look we're all tired, once owl recovers she'll move us tot he next phase for now can we please just relax!?"

Kotsu got annoyed. "I already said I ain't gonna hurt Denton, dammit! How many more times do I gotta tell ya that?!" Kotsu's left eye twitched. "The only thing I'd probably end up doing after I've worked by him for another couple months is punching him in the face if he does something like this again." Kotsu folded his arms, staring down Fritz.

Fizzy smirked

"I'm ok with that stance"

He turned to both Joes

"But Finder's twins seemed willing to do more than just a few punches"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back