• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dissidia

The Revenant
The rain looked like it’d never end as it bombarded the ruined landscape...

There Yuno was, slumped against a slab of burned stone as he went in and out of consciousness. A bloody wound marred a scalp of silver-hued hair, and red liquid mixed with rain as it ran down his pale skin and all black clothes.

Drenched to the bone amidst a destroyed village of blue embers and ash, the young man glanced at the strange sword he’d lost nearby. The blade lie stabbed in the dirt with remnants of blue fire that reflected off the cold steel. Yuno outstretched his arm and tried to recover it, but he barely had the energy. The young man’s wounds were great; it wouldn’t be long before he passed out.

The monster that he’d battled with was dead, but it left him on death’s doorstep as well. But in the ruins of this place, who would still be around to help him? The man wondered if this was his last night. Before he could try one last time to move, though, he finally blacked out.

The rain. The rain is what added to the lands feel of gloom and despair. The villages around were in utter ruin beyond repair. Nothing was going for this planet. Everything was at a stand still. Walking through the rain, drenched, was Isa. Her feet sunk into the mud as she walk which left a trace, but was soon to be washed away by the constant pour of rain.

Blue embers came from the village nearby which was quite strange. Could it have been the monster that plagued the land causing destruction with no valid reason? Making her way inside of the village is where she saw the monster, dead, but what could have killed it.

The woman's question was soon answered as she got a glimpse of a person resting beside a stone. He couldn't have traveled here on his own will to kill a beast. He must have been a hunter of some sort. Reaching up to touch his neck she sensed that he was still breathing. Passed out? Seeing as there wasn't any devices on him to alert anyone she decided to assist him. Opening her mouth, she grabbed the back of his attire and begun to drag him. Before leaving she also grabbed his sword with her tail. That is all she could see that was probably his.

Tired and drenched she was as they reached a cave she resided in. That is where she tended his wounds and started a small fire.

Yuno never responded to anything that happened as he was dragged to safety by the beastly creature. Even as he was brought to the cave and housed away from the elements, the man barely twitched. If it wasn’t for the very vague rise and fall of his chest every few seconds, one could have easily thought him dead.

Eventually, with or without Isa’s help, Yuno’s healing factor kicked in. Wounds slowly faded as vitality returned, and the young man eventually opened his pale-colored eyes and looked about his surroundings. Where was he? This was different place than where he passed out...

Yuno tried to stand up, but quickly collapsed onto his stomach. He was still too fatigued to do much.

The beast had made up her mind as she waited for the unconscious to come to. If he didn't wake in a few hours then she would eat him. She didn't preferably eat humans, but meat was meat. Being on a planet like this caused for you to think that way.

While she waited she maintained the fire as well as making sure water wasn't gathering at the front of the cave. Making her way back to the human she seen that he was trying to get up. Typical. She reached up to her neck to activate a thin communications collar. The only piece of tech she owned. It was used to turn her language into english which she assumed the human spoke.

"I-I-I wouldn't get up too quickly. You were injured quite bad from that beast you fought." The dialect on the device was still a bit damaged as well as the voice, but still worked.

Yuno twitched when he heard that strange voice, and he tended up. He couldn’t see the monster from where his head was, but he could sense that whatever it was, it wasn’t human. The young man stayed quiet for a long moment as he contemplated his next action before he eventually spoke.

“... What the hell are you!?” He coughed as he managed to drag himself into an upright position. When he finally locked eyes with the beast, his heart sank and his eyes widened. Shit.

Isa tilted her head only slightly when she didn't hear anything for some time. Perhaps he slipped back off to sleep. A low grumble could be heard coming from her chest before she sat down across the fire from him.

Soon she heard the human speak and the words that escaped his mouth didn't surprise her. It only made her realize that this human was no different from other species. Just from the tone she heard, she figured he was a bit frightened by her. She stood at about four feet and a few inches. Can't exactly blame a being for being frightened by a beast that big. She pondered on how she would respond for a moment. Being honest was the only viable way she saw fit.

"A-A Kluashae from a plsz-planet you wouldn't know. I won't rid of you unless you become a threat." She looked in the direction of his filthy sword that she had planted next to him. He wouldn't try? Or would he?

“... a what?” Yuno furrowed his brow. He didn’t even bother trying to pronounce whatever... the thing just said. Well, at least it didn’t seem like it planned to do anything. It wasn’t exactly the most pleasant thing to look at, though. Isa resembled a Yokai.

“Well, thanks, I guess...” the man sighed and leaned against the cavern wall before he closed his eyes. “Just give me a while; I’ll be out of your... scales, or whatever, soon.”

Isa turned back towards the male as she looked questionably at him. Perhaps it was a bit difficult to pronounce her species name.

"Your welcome." She was pleased to know that he was at least grateful that she helped him. "S-Skin . . . You plan on leaving so soon? Your wounds were pretty bad or are you just i-itching to get out of here." She got up and went to the edge of the cave. "Do you have a ship?" she asked.

Yuno really didn’t like the creature getting close to him. The man tried his best to subtly shuffle away when Isa neared. There was an awkward silence for a moment as he looked away and refused to make eye contact, but he eventually answered.

“I didn’t use a ship to get here. And healing up in a cave isn’t something that I’d like to do if I can help it.”

Isa's shoulders dropped slightly as she heard silence again. The only thing she could hear was wind traveling through the cave creating a silent whistle. She turned back to him and stare for a bit before speaking.

"I see. You are a hunter. I am quite surprised you didn't arrive by ship and with a group." She got on this planet by ship hopping, but missed one of the ships and been sitting on this planet ever since. "If you wish to go then you can. The-The rain gets a bit dangerous as well as the terrain. The beast you killed isn't the only one around here."

Why was she giving this human so much information. Maybe she just didn't want to see him get mauled by something in such a vulnerable state.

“Of course it isn’t the only one around here,” Yuno sighed and forced himself to his feet. The man stumbled a bit and nearly fell over, but eventually gained his bearings. He took one good look over the creature that saved him again before he hesitated, and then spoke.

“How can you talk? You’re the first one I have ever met that can do that?”

Isa watched his every move as she was still unsure about him. She wasn't exactly sure to what he was capable of, but she didn't exactly want to find out as of right now. She was quite surprised that he was able to get up on his own, but he seemed pretty determined to get out of this cave.

"It is a device that takes on the appearance of a collar. It is a translator for my language that I got made some time ago." She spoke knowing that the last part was a lie. She took it off of a deceased hunter some time ago. It was too expensive for her to get her hands on herself.

"I-I have a question for you. Where do you plan on going?" she asked.

“Away from here,” Yuno casually admitted as he peered out the cave. The storm didn’t look like it’d let up anytime soon, though. The young man sucked his teeth and glanced back at the beast with a peculiar look in his eyes. This was the first time he’d seen anything like Isa. It was weird talking to a sentient monster.

“... you know where the nearest village or city is, by any chance?”

Isa could only grumble lowly in response as she knew well enough that he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. "If you say so. I would like to see you try." Her eyes left him as she went back over to the fire and decided to sit down.

"To the east. Only a few beings reside there. I suggest you wait the storm out or you could ask for assistance. I don't exactly want-want to find your body and have to resort to eating you when I am out hunting." She said honestly before looking back towards the fire.

“How very kind of you,” Yuno sarcastically remarked to Isa while he looked out at the terrible storm. The man eye-rolled shortly afterward and strolled back in the cave before he said down. “And how would you be able to help me, huh? Going to turn into an umbrella or something?”

Isa only eyed him a little at his remark before sighing a bit. Her eyes followed him as he came back over to where she was.

"Are you doubting me?" she voiced out loud since the other wasn't sure what she could do to assist him. "I-I had the idea of perhaps accompanying you on your travels to the other village. You don't seem like you can make it there alone . . . you look pretty weak as of right now."

“Yes,” Yuno openly admitted to doubting the creature, which accompanied the sarcastic eye roll at her Isa’s following remark. “And you look like the stuff of nightmares. But you don’t see me commenting on it,” he snorted, then winced and cradled his side for a moment. He still felt sore.

Isa wasn’t pleased the way the other was responding. He knew nothing about her or her race and he was already doubting her? It didn’t sit well with her how comfortable he was with saying some things. Especially the words that came out of his mouth after that.

“You . . . really are pushing it, human.” She quickly had got to her feet and stared at him for some time.

“Hm . . . come along then. Since you aren’t weak as of right now. Let’s see how far you can make it.” Her gazed shifted from him to the outside. The rain was slowing down a bit, but the ground was quite mushy. She wanted to see just how he would handle the journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back