• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Always Chaotic Evil (A Fantasy RP)

20200119_100310.jpg

Heyo, everyone! This is a good enough starting-off point, I think.
I want to get it out of the way that this isn't something I stole from anyone. As you can probably tell from the clunky setup and squished format, this is all something I made with a primitive ol' comic creator and you can put this through every search engine if ya don't believe me.

Basically what this entails is a war between the normal races you'd play as in D&D, and the monsters you'd normally fight. But here, the monsters are organized, humanized, and the main focus of the RP!

The system will work basically as a cross between D&D with the roleplay aspect, and an RPG with the technical one.
You have a certain set of stats, and so do your enemies. You can either overpower or outsmart them, but it wouldn't be fun at all if you just say "I hit them with my sword," right?
So it would work something like...

7ea2878ac3fc863f711a4d0c11c5d124.jpg

Order Initiate - Duelist
HP: 13
MP: 7
Skill: Parry (Has a chance to limit your foe's turn count)

"I bound towards him, using my superior size to my advantage, ramming my shoulder into his chestplate to knock him back before following up with a powerful swing from my hip,"

"He staggers back but manages to block the attack, sending sparks cascading into the air and significantly rocking him. He clutches his arm, cursing. You've obviously broken a finger or two. (-4 HP)"

In other situations, like stealth checks, acrobatics, or an attempt to convince someone, puzzles will be used. Sometimes you will need to decode a phrase, which will help clue you in on what to do to pass the test.
For example, climbing a tower [EASY]:
"Tcksi got het iensv"
Answer: "Stick to The Vines. The flora growing will, surprisingly, hold stronger than the crumbling stone it is comprised of."

Of course, this will not apply to every situation. Sometimes it will be about meticulously doing everything "right," and other times the situations will be purely about the writing.
Much here is about the political ideologies of each side (They are, unfortunately, not black and white) And the character development of both your avatar and your companions, enemies, and everyone in-between. There will be a main storyline and as many optional side stories as I can shove in your direction.

As I've said in the initial search, please let me know if you have any questions, and I'll be happy to see you soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back