• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 𝓐𝓵𝓵'𝓼 𝓕𝓪𝓲𝓻 𝓲𝓷 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓦𝓪𝓻

MASQUERADE.

Cordelia felt like she was having, what some people like to call, an "off night". Striking out with every woman she came across, she began to wonder if her charm had run out. Back home, in Pluvia, every woman knew her name; it was second nature for Cordelia to flirt with a woman who came through her bakery and find them at the tavern later that night.

Yet suddenly, where she was surrounded with more woman than she knew what to do with, she was completely out of luck. Suddenly, every woman she tried to offer a dance to, or offered to fetch her a drink seemed to turn her down. Not that Cordelia wasn't used to rejection, she just wasn't used to so much of it all at once.

It got so bad that Cordelia was actually questioning her outfit. Yes, her OUTFIT, of all things. Had she overdone it? She glanced down at what she was wearing, adjusting the belt around her waist. Now the outfit was incomplete, she opted to leave the pirate hat back in Pluvia, but she thought the outfit still looked good without it, right? Like, sure, the point of the masquerade was that everyone was going to wear a mask and not know who was from where. Was that what was driving the women away? The fact that she was so openly Pluvian?

That was the one thing Cordelia was not going to apologize for, being a proud Pluvian. She wouldn't change her kingdom for all the money in the world; she felt her soul was at peace when she was in Pluvia. She just expected everyone to be just as proud of their kingdom, but aside from the Caelumites and their animal pelts, she couldn't tell who was who from their outfits like she knew people identified her as Pluvian. Maybe that was her mistake, maybe that was what was turning the women away from her.

She didn't have much more time to wallow in her thoughts before someone, quite literally, crashed into her.

Cordelia didn't see it coming, she couldn't describe what exactly happened if you asked her. All of a sudden, when Cordelia seemed to be staring off into nothing, here came a woman, pretty in pink, just crashed right into her. Cordelia froze for just a second, she didn't even realize that her hands had shot out, ready to help and balance the unknown woman if she so needed.

As soon as the woman turned to face Cordelia, it took everything in her to not let her mouth drop to the floor. Yes, of course she was wearing a mask, but Cordelia just KNEW she was beautiful. She could tell. She wore a beautiful, light and flowy pink dress, her face was hidden behind a matching mask, but her lips were visible. They were a deeper shade of pink, a welcome contrast to the other light pinks of her outfit. They seemed to shimmer, and Cordelia desperately wanted them to be sparkling in an inviting way. Never before had she wanted a taste of something so beautiful and pink before, never had she wanted to taste something so bad even though she knew it was going to be sweet.

"I have to admit, I've never come across a woman who was so quick to fall for me," Cordelia raised her eyebrows behind her mask, her arms were still extended out to the pink woman as she collected her thoughts.

The pink woman immediately began apologizing and actually blabbering just a small bit. She was flustered, Cordelia could tell, everyone seemed to be a bit on edge when it came to bumping into someone at the festival. Without knowing who was who, you never knew who exactly you were pissing off. However, Cordelia felt herself as one of the kinder souls on the floor, as this woman's mannerisms and clumsiness seemed to bring a smile to her face.

"I think the mask doesn't help with my field my vision..."

"It's a good thing you happened to run into me then, my lady," Cordelia placed one hand behind her back & formally offered her hand to the pink woman to hold for stability as she gathered herself. "I gladly accept any opportunity to sweep a lady off her feet. I dare say I welcome such an opportunity with a lady as ravishing as yourself."

now playing...

MATILDA

HARRY STYLES

[/b]

♡coded by uxie♡

lorelei

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

SirLofi

queen of disaster

It was a singlehanded victory and made with such swift performance too. Granted with great fortune, eyes were unnecessary to lead glossed lips to glass rim. Yet another obstacle conquered. She proceeded with her victory whilst ribbons of string and brass entangled through dancing figures of silk and wool. Thus, she began to delve into her own little bubble with a sip, and then another. By chance, was someone calling for her? If so, her frame made nay a move to acknowledge them— far too absorbed with her new entertainment to address such trivial matters. She hummed to herself in interest— a pleasant impression was made from its taste. She'd be a fool to allow a drop escape her lips.

Now, to whom shall she inquire to share the secrets of how Platet was capable of liquefying the stars? This momentary encounter left her with crisp fruity notes and a ballet of bubbles. It was a romantic duet as they danced upon her parched tongue and fuzzed her wits. Albeit, it was not her usual tankard, typically brimmed with something far more for the acquired taste. Regardless, it was delightful and left a warm feeling within her stomach.

But let all be clear, Pluvia's young royal was not an experienced drinker. Rather, she was a curious one (although, what difference did that make?). Surely, dear Lorelei had better means to spend her time, but her capacity for rationality was as minuscule as a depraved mouse. For their paths were meant to be crossed at some point, and she believed they would cross for many more...

“This will do for now,”
she thought aimlessly, and as she sipped, she was eventually met with an empty glass. A pity, but diligence in Platet was served well as another servant passed by. Lorelei did a swift exchange for another round of champagne. A hum of content roamed among greedy sips. There lied crinkled corners of her earthen-shaded eyes hidden well behind her veil of leaves and blossom.
“... but what should I do next?”
At some point, sweet, liquefied stars will lose its luster.

Quite miraculously, however, it was thou whom pulled the strings of fate which graced dear Lorelei with an immediate response— a new, but vaguely familiar voice has entered her ring. Thus, delicate neck craned to welcome them, but oddly enough, her head was in dire need to tilt more than normal. Immediately, Lorelei thought,
“Oh, I know exactly who you are!”
After all, who else within the kingdom of Pluvia resembled the mast of a galleon? A simper stained with the sweetest toxic concoction greeted the newcomer. Through her shrouded gaze, she spoke,
“By all means, you should enjoy yourself, Dame Estella.”
She toasted her now empty flute to the woman before her until she briskly placed it onto a passing tray.

She calmly— too calmly, in fact— turned to face Estella. Her arms folded across her chest while her hand raised to gentle graze her tinted cheek. She made a small sigh, followed by the feign of a pout.
“You know these events bore me,”
she spoke, whether or not her words could reach Estella. Meanwhile, her eyes trailed along Estella's attire. It was an odd sight to see a woman who suited iron and steel wear garments with a softer edge. A glove finger reached to brush the tailored material and she looked up to meet Estella's gaze.
“You look very beautiful tonight,”
she complimented before the tone of her voice turned,
“but still! Do not trouble yourself with needless tailing on my behalf!”

In other words, get lost and leave her be. She did not escape her sister's lecture to behave just to be found and shadowed the remainder of the night. It would grate against her patience and lead her to far more drastic misdeeds...

Out from the corner of her good eye and just to the side of Estella's frame was a tousle of darkened hair and a confused scowl— one that Lorelei could recognize anywhere. Whether from miles away, below a sea of flourished branches, or even in the haze of a intoxicated mind, Lorelei would recognize him within a heartbeat. She leaned her body to get a better look; her head tilted in confusion as she sees the hands of another.
"I didn't know Cesare liked to dance..."

In that moment, unfairness flooded her chest. Could thou imagine the immense effort it took for Lorelei to convince Cesare to spare a simple dance with her? All for naught as he fell into putty of the hands of someone he just met! Perhaps there lied poison in the champagne that made dear Lorelei pull a sour face in Cesare's direction. Betrayal was enough to urge Lorelei's pinched feet to approach the knight who she believed to be her closest companion. However, before she could move, she grabbed an entire tray of champagne from a servant and handed it to Estella abruptly.
"You should finish this in my stead, Estella,"
she challenged; although, a tone in her voice made it sound more of a command.
"...because I'm about to go to war,"
she thought after.

Without further warning to the poor Estella, Lorelei strode away (or attempted to as her movements were a tad swayed). A few feet was where she stood from Cesare. The form of his name became lodged on her tongue as a passing couple's conversation reached her ears.

"The garden was marvelously made, don't you think, my dear? I doubt Arborious harbors flora as vibrant as those!"

She halted her advance. Once a fixation for a dance slowly crumbled from her memory like sand. She blinked; pupils dilated from the vigor of a newfound interest.
"What was I about to do again...?"
Lorelei's head turned to the direction the couple must have come from. Many more figures streamed through an entrance she swore she hadn't ventured through before. Some even held a flower or two in their possession. As if cooled by the sudden recollection, she murmured while she moved toward it.
"Yes, a garden. How could I forget?"

She made herself scarce once more within the crowd and lost she became as she wandered aimlessly through hallways. The music from the main ballroom slowly became faint, but Lorelei swayed gently. Her layers of tulle danced below her as she searched for the promised land, but alas, she realized she was lost. Alone, she stood in a hallway lined with paintings, closed doors, and the occasional vase of flowers— a dead-end. However, her attention was directed to her feet, which ached. Lorelei made a move to pluck its ribbons and set her feet free, but an opened window caught her eye.
"Oh how blessed I am,"
she mumbled to herself,
"An exit just for me!"

Lorelei approached the window with a hand just about to grab its sill...

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back