• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Other
Here
_2710813b.png

"However long it takes."

Name:

Zagreus, the Prince of the Underworld

Unknown, likely hundreds, if not thousands of years old.

Male.

Canon:

Hades, from Supergiant Games.

Alignment:

Neutral Good.

Personality:

Zagreus is the rebellious son of Hades and, unknowingly, Persephone; but raised by Nyx. He is largely defined by his persistence, good humor and wit, and his kindness. Having spent most of his immortal life bearing the brunt of his father Hades' repressed frustration and rage, he grew up feeling distant and out of place from the other denizens of the underworld, partially due to his failure to meet the heavy expectations of his father, and partially his apparent inability to contribute to the running of the Underworld. When he discovers the truth of his parentage, he decides to attempt to escape the realm of the dead to seek out his long-lost mother. Despite all the trials and many deaths he faces, he never wavers in pursuing his goal, never once showing any sign of doubt in his efforts, even in the face of his father's wrath, and when his own mother at one point tells him not to seek her out anymore.

Zagreus is often shown to be humble, good-humored, and often sarcastic and self-deprecating. His jovial, if somewhat-insubordinate nature allows him to easily befriend the many people he encounters, treating people of lower status as his equals, although he is respectful of his elders (aside from his father), especially his fellow gods. He is sometimes shown to be somewhat blasé, which has led him to offend the people around him or act without thinking of the consequences. However, he often reflects on this and is quick to apologize when he oversteps. He has a mischievous side, and is fond of pranking others.

He is fiercely protective of his friends and loved ones, and goes out of his way to defend them with little regard toward status or societal expectations. He often leverages his own influence to improve the lives of others.

Due to his sheltered upbringing, Zagreus is often shown to be ignorant of the world outside of the Underworld, relying on others to relay information about the outside world.

Motivation:

In the past, it was to escape the Underworld to find his own, biological mother. Nowadays...? Probably find a way out of this place before he is taken by the Styx.

Equipment:

Zagreus is in possession of Infernal Arms- powerful divine weapons used in the distant past by his godly relatives in their own battles, or the war against their Titan creators. Despite not being weak by any means, the Infernal Arms are capable of being upgraded either by an Olympian god's divine boons or by reforging them via using Deadulus Hammers to give them new abilities or attacks. The blades react to Titan Blood, small droplets of the massive amount of blood spilled by the Titans long ago, unlocking hidden aspects of the weapon, or making existing ones more powerful. While Zagreus is only able to carry one weapon at a time with him during his battles, these are as follows:

"...Stygius, the Blade of the Underworld, must have been among the finest weapons ever wielded, back when it was whole..."

The blade's default attack pattern is a three-swing long combo consisting of a mixture of wide and directional swings. The special creates a small burst around you after a short jump and leaves Zagreus stationary for a short time.

"...It must have been a sight when Lord Hades wielded Varatha the Eternal Spear versus the Titans, driving back those fiends into the depths, together with the help of his Olympian brothers and sisters..."

Repeated long-range stab attacks that can be charged to unleash a spin attack dealing high damage in a wide radius. The special throws the spear, which will damage enemies along its path until it stops. Activating special again recalls the spear, which will deal damage on the way back.

"...Aegis, the Shield of Chaos, predecessor to the very Aegis wielded by Lord Zeus and by Athena, his most favored daughter... the Lord of Thunder defended his brothers and sisters using that very shield then, together, they conspired to drive the Titans back into the lowest reaches of the Underworld..."

The main attack is a single swing that hits in an arc and knocks enemies back. Holding the attack button will block damage from the front, while charging the "Bull Rush". Releasing this will perform a shield bash forwards, dealing damage to enemies hit. The special throws the shield, which bounces between enemies and objects before returning.

"...Coronacht, the so-called Heart-Seeker, is certainly the finest bow ever conceived, and wielded once by none other than Mistress Hera, who stood by side with Zeus, on better terms back then, as they drove back the Titans under a storm of arrows and thunder..."

Ranged attacks that hit enemies at a distance. The main attack can be charged to increase distance and damage, releasing at the right moment for additional damage. The special sprays arrows in a cone in front of you, dealing 10 damage each.

"...What is a weapon if not the extension of one's will to survive, to destroy? The ancient cyclopean forge-masters who created the Infernal Arms in accordance with the Fates' design must have understood this when they delivered the singular Twin Fists of Malphon in secret to the gods..."

Fast repetitive short-range combo attacks using fists in close-quarters combat. The special is an uppercut that hits twice. This weapon is unique due to it being the only Infernal Arm with a dash-special; if the special is used while dashing it will uppercut faster but only hit once.

"...Least known among the gods who stood together to depose the Titans is the Lady Hestia, reclusive goddess of the hearth, and one-time wielder of Exagryph, the Rail of Adamant; an artifact of metal and of flame so dreadful that the gods themselves abandoned it once their fell work was done..."

Automatic or manual fire (depending on whether Attack is pressed or held) that must be reloaded once all ammo is used. The special launches a grenade to bombard the target area, which takes a short time to arrive but deals damage in an area once it lands.

Keepsakes

Zagreus also holds possession of Keepsakes- small collectible and magical items given to him by his friends after gifting them. These small items give Zagreus small, yet noticeable abilities, such as more health, the ability to deal more damage if he has no boons, and so on, so forth. Keepsakes can only be equipped one at a time, with Zagreus only being able to change it when he isn't battling.

Bloodstones

'...The world itself is alive, in a way, is it not? Even the realm of the dead. All of us here, the world with it, we flow through time as blood flows through mortal veins. Look carefully and you shall find that there is power, feeling in the earth itself. And, like any power, it seeks to be claimed. To be held. With all this in mind, as well as due to appearance I suppose, do bloodstones take their name. The Master himself keeps several of them, perhaps for therapeutic reasons. He has even taught the prince the way to make their crimson facets ignite in an angry glow.'

Bloodstones are small stones in the group of three that Zagreus can throw against his enemies. Taking the form of a small, bloodied stone (albeit its shape and purpose can change if a god boon is chosen) that seeks out enemies and imbues itself onto them for a temporary time, these stones act as a way to attack enemies at a distant, but also make so Zagreus can deal more damage with as long as one is trapped against an enemy.

Attributes:

As a godling, Zagreus naturally possesses unnatural abilities given to him. Such as immense strength to take on foes larger than himself, (such as the bone Hydra) relatively large resistance against attacks, and pseudo-immortality, in the sense he cannot seem to age in the slightest. Despite this, due to living in the Underworld for a good portion of his life, Zagreus lacks some degree of skill compared to his other godly relatives, only recently trained by the mortal hero Achilles, and having his abilities grow by using the powers of Nyx, the Lady of the Night to increase his resistances, his luck and fate, and chances of victory.

Zagreus is notable for seemingly having enough strength and resistance to seemingly not be thrown back by most blows or attack against enemies, often being able to stand his ground despite being hit against beings larger than him. Likely a trait due to his divine parentage, as Zagreus can easily do the same against other enemies.

Despite being able to be 'killed', Zagreus cannot truly 'die', as his soul is bound to the afterlife he came from. If he attempts to exit it, while not instantly dying, he will slowly but surely lose his strength, until he dies from seemingly 'natural causes', and taken away by the river Styx, back where he came from. Despite the fact, Zagreus can temporarily 'defy death' in a limit of three times, as when he is dealt an otherwise mortal blow, he will have a portion of his health back to him, but having lost one of his limited defiances, only capable of recharging them again if he dies, or if some powerful enough figure recharges them for him.

Zagreus can also 'call upon the gods', or rather, a specific god of Olympus he received a Divine Call boon from. While who he is calling can be changed via a boon, gods are selfish and vengeful creatures, and often doing so will cause them to temporarily try and stop Zagreus progress in the form of...Well, you guessed it. Killing him.

Oh, and he is also pretty damn good at fishing. No biggie.

Biography:

'...Take one look at him and I think any questions of his parentage are soon resolved. He never seemed to like it much, there, growing up within Lord Hades' well-appointed house. One day I took him on as a disciple, under orders from Lord Hades; the Master worried that his heir lacked any firm direction in his life. And, indeed, Zagreus took well to the martial ways, and I am proud to say now that he was my student.'

'He was never insubordinate with me, despite his reputation. Perhaps my own lack of decorum in my youth made it easier for us to get along. He learned quickly, exhibiting his father's might, and even greater swiftness. Yet, he soon showed a quality that startled me much more. Forgive me, O gods! You are not known for your kindness. But this son of Lord Hades always regarded me, a mere shade, with respect; and the congenial manner of an old friend. Rumors swirl about the lad; about how he bleeds red as a mortal does. Well, if there's a trace of mortality in him, I am certain he is better for it. I should know.'

Other:

F3F03394-9A9F-4C5E-BEB0-4FEC202D89A6.jpeg
Name:
Bigby The Abomination

“I am recorded to be 24 years old... but I appear older due to the constant state of little care to my physical appearance that makes me appear older than my biological age.”

“You.... need help answering that question. Huh, never met someone before who couldn’t tell... well, my gender is male if you couldn’t tell.”

Canon:
8EC4513A-56C5-45C0-ABE5-0F92E59D4804.png

Alignment:
Chaotic Good

Personality:
“I....... I was given curse.... one that has poisoned my bond between my fellow brethren.... but I understand.... I had betrayed them in the first place by studying the forbidden arts.... this is was simply how the world decided to punish me for my sins. I am without hope..... nothing to keep me driving other then the singular goal of trying to contain the burden I was cursed with.... after all, no more innocents should be killed by my own hands.”

“I am what many people called a pessimistic.... always thinking the worst of myself and every possible situation.... especially since it takes my will power to control the demon within me, and I would usually shy away a conversation.... after all, who would want to talk to a Abomination that has killed innocents before when I couldn’t control the demon within..... but I could hold my own in a conversation... especially one with useful information... and tell them of my past, after all, I’m not who I once was a few years ago.... so it barely matters to me. Kindness is but a foreign concept that only my dying friend.... Baldwin... has ever shown me... even when religious, for he understands... that in a way, we aren’t too different to each other, both cursed with a burden that will last to the end of their life, and treated as outcasts due to it. But I am grateful to those who help me, and will often try to find a way to repay them.... even if it costs my life... for they deserve to live.... not me....”

Motivation:
“To me... containing the beast within... and also provide aid to everywhere I go.”

Equipment:
Damnation’s Gift & Inhuman bondage
A5DF2AF0-A25C-43E1-AC77-EFB6B9836F49.jpeg

The curse that the Abomination has is not only a curse.... but a blessing in disguise, for it is able to give him inhuman strength with his Eldritch infused blood and powerful transformations, but even his strength carries over to his human form, while the magical and enchanted chains on his body provide a good defense to not only stop the beast from escaping easily, but act as a makeshift form of armor in certain situations. Not that his skin is capable of absorbing blows as well if all else fails.

Attributes:
Inventory:
The Abomination has 16 slots in order to store items in, and depending on what item it is, may only store one if it, or multiple of it. It does nothing to slow down the Abomination when walking or in fights.

Crit:
Having a small chance... he is capable of dealing a critical strike dealing double the damage he would normally do, or use this with his Absolution and gain better healing and stress reduction as a result of it.

Stress:
Him, like any other human being, can become stressed out that sometimes, ‘his resolve is tested’. this can lead to two things if his stress bar reaches 100/100, he will either be ‘Afflicted’, it being a bad personality effect that is generally harmful for both him and his team, or ‘Virtue’, it being a good personality effect that helps out in combat, with ‘Afflicted’ being the higher chance personality effect. But no matter which one is chosen, his personality will change to what personality effect he has gotten. If his stress reaches 200 while ‘Afflicted’, he will suffer a heart attack which instantly puts him on ‘Death’s Door’, while gaining 200 stress with a ‘virtue’ only removes it. He has a 25% chance of gaining a virtue and a 75% chance of gaining a affliction, and gaining stress or healing would depend on the events he witnesses with his own two eyes. The effects of the afflictions and virtues will be explained when gaining either one... and what’s to expect from them.

The Virtues he can gain are:
1.Stalwart:
“Many fall in the face of chaos.... but not this one... not today.”

2.Vigorous:
“Adversity can foster hope, and resilience.”

3.Focused:
“A moment of clarity in the eye of the storm.”

4.Powerful:
“Anger is power. Unleash it!”

5.Courageous:

“A moment of valor shines brightest against the backdrop of despair.”

The Afflictions being :
1. Fearful:
“Fear and frailty finally claim their due....”

2. Paranoid:
“The walls close in, the shadows whisper of conspiracy!”

3. Masochistic:
“Those who covert injury find it in no short supply.”

4. Abusive:
“Frustration and Fury, more destructive than a hundred cannons.”

5. Selfish:
“Self-preservation is paramount- at any cost!”

6. Hopeless:
“There can be no hope in this hell..... no hope at all.”

7. Irrational:

“Reeling, gasping, taken over the edge into madness!”

Death’s Door:
If he loses all of his Hp, he will enter ‘Death’s Door’, a red skull appearing above him as his body glows red, if attacked in this state, no matter how strong or weak the attack may be, it will lead to his death, but he has a 67% ‘Death’s Door blow resist’ which allows him to survive blows in this state with no signs of damage, but not for long. If he recovers out of this state by healing at least 1 hp, he will exit ‘Death’s Door’ but will suffer penalties to his accuracy, damage, and speed while also gaining more stress.

Combat skills:
Human form:
Transformation:
A ability allowing him to transform between human and beast form, this version allowing him to turn into a beast, increasing his speed, resistances to blight, a permanent increase to his damage until turning back into human form, and healing 10 hp, but also stressing his allies with +8 stress, even his friend, due to him not being used to his transformation yet.

Manacles:
A heavy swing using his chains, he is capable of doing a heavy blow in human standards and has a chance of stunning enemies with the attack. Good in order to stun a dangerous foe.

Beast’s Bile:
Transforming his face a little, he can fire off a ball of acid that would stick to nearby foes, usually dealing blight/acid damage to them... a great tool when trying to control a field of enemies.

Absolution:
Doing a small meditation on the floor, and summoning a bright light that flashes onto his body, he can not only heal 5 hp but also relieve 10 stress as well.

Beast form:
Transformation:
In Beast form, he trades his previous skill set in order for one of dealing damage, but when he wants to transform back into a human, he can, but suffer a small penalty to his speed, and unable to transform back into a beast until the battle is either over or a couple of rounds has passed. Also relieves 2 stress from any hero. Gain 3 stress each turn in this form.

Rake:
A weak multi hitting attack, it trades off damage for being able to distribute it equally to a second enemy, and increases his damage with each successful rake he uses.

Rage:
A powerful bite attack, it does the most damage of all of his attack based moves in his arsenal, not much about it.

Slam:
By slamming his ram like head into an enemy, he is capable of of not only reaching the front to a battle quicker, but push the enemy back as well. And decrease their foe’s dodge and speed immensely

Camping skills:
Anger management:
Increases his stress by 20, but decrease the stress others may have by 10

Psych up:
Increases damage for four battles but gives everyone in his party +10 stress

The quickening:
Increases his speed greatly for the next 4 battles

Eldritch Blood:
Increases his resistances to blight, bleed, and Disease, but increases the stress he gains.

Encourage:
Relieves 15 stress from an ally.

Wound care:
Heals an ally and both cures bleeding and poison.

Pep talk:
Decreases the amount of stress an ally would gain for 4 battles.

Biography:
“The world I hail from...... it’s worse than Hell, Eldritch abominations at every corner lying in wait to reap your soul, monstrous beasts seeking to sate their blood thirst and hunger for flesh, and our own brothers and sisters either worshiping these false gods, or robbing us in order to satisfy their greed...... I was but a simple scholar, searching high and low for any useful piece of information. My life was a peaceful one, for I did not have to travel to the outside of safety of the Hamlet in order to gain new information, for travelers who done so already were willing to lend some information for a few gold coins.”

“The information they provided me with.... it wasn’t enough to stop my desire for more information, and so, at the age of 19, I began looking in....... unlikely places for forbidden knowledge. Soon, I became like many others, being driven by greed, greed for all types of knowledge. I even helped what many would call the enemy multiple times in order to get a paper holding an ancient ritual or forbidden knowledge of the Eldritch arts.... even a single sentence of a dark ritual was enough to gain my interest.”

“But.... a few months later.... it was... the time I regretted my existence and choices of my life. I had gone through a ritual in order to summon a demon in order to gain more knowledge..... but in return, my soul was corrupted and split into two versions. The one you’re seeing now is my human self, but..... the demon inside was once all the greed and desires from my body, and was used to create a terrifying beast that I can barely control. From that day forward, I was branded as a Abomination, a person who had meddled in the dark arts, and forever labeled as a traitor to man kind. Many innocents died at the beginning, me being driven away from the old Hamlet I once lived in.... now no longer accepted as a human but the corrupted soul I have. I just wish that this would be over soon, and I can finally feel the sweet relief of being pure again, either alive...... or dead.”

“Thankfully..... I have received what I thought to be my end.... when entering the final dungeon..... the Darkest Dungeon to fight with a being named the Heart of Darkness.... Alpha and Omega, father and mother, the creator of our world.... and soon..... our destroyer
. I have fought with every ounce of my strength.... but in the end.... I was finished off, sparing my three other teammates brought with me and bringing what I thought to be.... peace and bliss..... until I woke up at somewhere different then what I was used to....”

Other:
The comic for the Abomination:
1505F40F-F008-4807-B79B-699AC0359B54.jpeg

-The Abomination is taken from the final battle of Darkest Dungeon, dying from the attack Come unto your maker.
-He would rather be called by his title than real name, but doesn’t which one settles on.
-Starts with 19 stress

Theme:

Last edited:
Appearance: An anthropomorphic Rabbit with pale silver fur; the tips of his ears, his hands and feet, and parts of his muzzle are mid-grey. He’s roughly 5” 4’ tall. His clothes, although generally tidy, are better suited for rough travel than going about town: plain shirts, overcoats, and pants.

Name: Aconite Millerson

Canon: OC

Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality: Polite and well-spoken, he has a great distaste for conflict, and only participates as a necessity to minimise casualties. He will heal the injured regardless of who they are or whom they work for, putting aside his personal feelings, even if that truce is only temporary. Very accustomed to the sight of blood and death. Having been ordered to abandon the injured during the war because they were rebels against the then current king, he has little interest in blind obedience to authority.

Motivation: Before being taken to this new world, it was to find the king, although he doesn’t share his companion’s blind hope that it will minimise the damages to their homeland.

Equipment: A doctor’s bag of medical supplies, includes things like scalpels, bottles of aether, forceps, tweezers, and medical probes.

Attributes: Trained in magical healing, specifically related to surgery: cleansing spells to prevent infection, mending broken bones, patching cuts and wounds.

Biography: Aconite has spent his life so far living in Slivercrest, the capital city of the country of Eryllan. Rather than formally taking over his family’s business, he instead enrolled in medical school, learning magic focused on healing despite not having a magical affinity towards it.

He survived a bloody revolution that overthrew the tyrannical king Oleander, and after one of the revolutionaries placed himself as the new king, Aconite was among those who, silently or not, felt skeptical in whether or not this would truly be any different, even after Oleander’s former slaves were freed.

During this time, the new king entered a political marriage, and later went of a diplomatic trip to Eryllan’s northern neighbour: Ferriveil, leaving the queen in charge. It was during this trip that the country fell into war again. A faction attacked from the western mountain-border, quickly making its way to the capitol.

It’s unclear how many survived the initial attack on the castle. Aconite regrets his decision to abandon the capital. He takes solace in the knowledge that he wasn’t the only doctor, and that there are towns between there and their destination that may need help. He and two others: Myrtle, a knight from the castle, and Clarkia, a former slave who was employed as kitchen staff, have been journeying along the same path the new king took, hoping that he and the entourage of guards he took with him could turn the tide back to Eryllan’s favour.

Other: Miscellaneous info about you goes here!

Face Claim:
1610108605028.png
(Mad respect credits to the incredible artist! Juan Ferryra!)

Name:
Spiderman Noir/Peter Parker

Canon:
Marvel Noir Universe

Alignment:
Chaotic Good

Personality:
Surely not the most friendliest man in the neighborhood. A more bitter version of the classic web slinger. In the time he was born in most folks are not really the most kind to chin up and smile. Impatient yet spontaneous when it comes to making his choices. A sharp tongue and an observative pair of eyes, he's easily mistaken as an investigative officer. Always taking matters into his own hands. He has little to no hesitation killing a target that he sees as a worthy candidate for execution. Peter's undying determination and courage to stand up for himself and others is quite noticeable from his miserable presence. His efforts will always return to what he thinks is best.

Motivation:
Regardless if he is called menace to society or an avenger disguised as a vigilante. In a new world he is still himself. Always lending a hand to those in need to achieve the happier life one deserves.

Equipment:
1. Unspecified WW1 black long coat- Has four inside pockets and four more outside
2. Black leather gloves- Despite wearing these, Peter is still able to use his abilities.
3. Jet black fedora
4.Twin Smith & Wesson M1917 Revolvers- A familiar .45 caliber. A gun with no customized appearance nor modifications. It's just like any model built before it. 6 shot cylinder chamber to store bullets. Comes with their own holsters stored on the hip.
5. 2x 50 cartridge ammo box

Attributes:
Standard Spiderman powers

Black spider webbing- The ever classic strong tensile strength spider silk material. Used to entrap, grab or stabilize anything in contact with the web. This adhesive webbing is just as strong as the original earth 616 spiderwebbing except for the coloration of it is black instead of the usual white. Melts within an hour.

Super strength- Stronger than a average man, he is able to lift a 1 ton car and not surpass anything crazier. The least observed power he displays anywhere unless need so.

Enhanced durability- Shown to be quite highly resistant to physical trauma and other injuries. Spiderman Noir has been shot in the shoulder in mid swing and shown no reaction to the pain, he has leapt on high buildings that normally would break any normal person's bones and survive hits from men whom are physically stronger than he. He's durable but not invincible.

High Agility- Supremely athletic like any other web slinger. He is as highly mobile when he is used to jumping and climbing around. Working with his body to remain agile and spontaneously consistent when shown to move from point A to B.

Spider sense- Detecting danger with the power of prediction. It comes as no surprise that Spider man Noir or any other Spiderman can dodge or predict danger before it can even reach them without using any of the common five senses on the body. Although this sense will always not function consistently as it shows that even with dangerous events execute. The Spider sense fails to predict these said dangers thus making it an opportunity for danger to strike.

Marksman: Spiderman Noir is no stranger to firearms and it is part of his skill set when he is to fight crime. A natural gunslinger when he can land shots fairly mid air or with dual wielding techniques.

Parkour: Strangely, he prefers using his legs more than his webs as he rarely swings with webs but rather jump from roof to roof and kicking down windows traditionally. Perhaps the shape of the buildings and the harsh public environment encourages him to blend into the shadows and crawl walls more.

Stealth: He is the arachnid who is just more harder to catch in the night. His black costume blends well into the dark and more urbanized areas. The vigilante prefers not to fight with too much lights over his head. If he is set up in a contrasted area, he may not apply this skill.

Biography:
From Earth-90214 (Or Earth Noir) Peter Parker is accidentally bitten by an illegally imported and highly-venomous spider, while secretly investigating a smuggling ring of ancient spider statues. Instead of killing him, the bite gave him super-human abilities, similar to that of a spider. Taking advantage of his new abilities, Parker begins to wage a one-man war against the criminal underworld in New York City as a brutal and feared vigilante, known as the "Spider-Man", partly to avenge the deaths of his uncle Ben Parker and his mentor, Ben Urich, at the hands of the city's major crime lord, Norman Osborn.

Others:

Katsu Daichi.png
Name: Katsu Daichi

Canon: OC

Alignment: Chaotic good

Personality: Quiet and reserved. AKA generic shy kid, He mostly talks and makes an occasional joke with his brother. if he doesnt know you and you threaten him at all he will not hesitate to shank you. If your a stranger and you don't threaten him then he's probably just gonna redirect you to his brother

Motivation: Do whatever he decides is right and protect his brother.

Equipment: Wallet, Phone and quite a bit of random chemicals stored

Attributes: Stand (see below) despite his "power" even without it Katsu is pretty good at Lock-picking, pick-pocketing and combat.

Stand: Burning Gold

Don't know what a stand is? check the wiki.

Stand Pic:
Burning gold.png
Burnging gold stats.png

Stand Power: Can break down any non-living things down into its chemical components and store them, then send them back out in a liquid form. It then hardens in the position he sends it to within a meter of his stand. Whether in a completely different form then he got it in or two separate materials combined. He can hold about 2 barrels of chemicals.

Biography: Katsu lived in Morioh with his brother. One day when the two of them were hanging out by an area heavily affected by earthquakes when they noticed bite marks on them. Both he and his brother realized they had strange new abilities. Katsu has decided to use his stand more to protect his brother and himself then to help other people. Him and his brother have encountered other people like them, some were cool others were a tad bit more violent for reasons beyond Katsu's understanding.

Other: Arachnophobia (Phobia of spiders)​

Last edited:
"..."

View attachment 1610595850814.png

Name: Miko, Cassandra “Three” Raptis (Old)

Canon: Self, High Fantasy World

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: Scrappy, hot-headed and prone to acting on her thoughts regardless of consequence, it’s pretty easy to tell when Miko isn’t fond of you or your actions. But while she’ll put up a ferocious and hardened facade against strangers, those equipped with enough people skills to read between the lines will quickly find out the vast selection of insecurities, aspirations and quirks that lie beneath. Given that kind of person is rather rare, she’ll tend to cling to them strongly, follow them around and offer support whenever possible.

if Miko were to point a fatal flaw herself, her lack of speech and diminished communication skills would be her greatest Fatal Flaw, but truthfully the problem runs far deeper than that, as continued difficulties early on her life has led her to give up easily on people and situations, resorting to confrontation and often violence to solve any issue that would require just a bit more effort. This keeps her friend circle small, and her fame, in a sorry state.

When it comes to saving grace, however, Miko’s main advantage comes in her untapped potential for emotional growth. The more experiences she goes through, the more complex her understanding of her own emotions will become, improving on her ability to express herself as well as her arsenal of spells to help adventuring. Those abilities far exceed that of most cultures and are rare even within her own, with the potential of learning up to 4-5 different types of emotion weaving and combining them in a variety of ways.

Motivation: To seek companionship, romantic or otherwise, and develop her own ability to change how others perceive her.

Equipment:
Weaving Bolters

The Weaving Bolters are a pair of custom single-handed crossbows with retractable limbs. While they can fire crossbow bolts in a pinch, their main function is to concentrate Miko’s weaving into faster, more precise and deadly projectiles for combat.

Attributes:
Heartspeak
Heartspeak is the magic system that almost everyone from Miko’s world develops at some point or other of their life. It allows them to use a select amount of their own emotions as fuel to cast a variety of thematically-related spells, ranging from useful to deadly in their functions. This type of magic is highly susceptible to the user’s relationship with their own emotions, allowing for more complex spells as their understanding growths, and being susceptible to becoming stronger or weaker depending on current mood. The power ceiling can be surprisingly tall, but after a certain point it can become impossible to control and extremely dangerous for the user as well, even life-risking.

In Miko’s case in particular, she’s currently capable of controlling 3 types of weaving: Rage, Happiness and Love, with a total of 7 spells, and the potential for 1 more weaving type as well as several spells to be learned. The spells are as follows:

Rage Weaving Art: Eruption
Level: Basic
Summons a torrent of red-hot energy from the user’s body that burns and pushes back everything in the vicinity.

Rage Weaving Art: Burst
Level: Novice
Fires a torrent of red-hot energy from the user’s hands that burns and pushes back anything in the selected direction.

Rage Weaving Art: Fuse
Sends a charge of energy across a surface to explode after a predetermined range. Becomes stronger the longer the path traveled.

Rage Weaving Art: Demolition
Level: Intermediate
Scorches a non-living object, consuming its mass to turn it into ashes. The energy coalesces into an explosion shortly afterwards.

Happiness Weaving Art: Lightweight
Level: Basic
Reduces own self’s weight

Happiness Weaving Art: Feather
Reduces the touched target’s weight.

Love Weaving has a special property known as a Beacon, that being the target of the user’s affection. Beacons emit the effects of Love weaving’s magic, becoming more effective the more powerful that affection is.

Love weaving Art: Attract
Level; Basic
Pulls target object towards a Beacon, becoming stronger the closer they are.

Other Attributes: Miko boasts a very accurate aim, trained reflexes and the ability to communicate basic knowledge in japanese sign language.

Biography:
Cassandra Raptis was born to a humble vendor's household of a small country-side village. The girl never had a voice to call her own, which, for the townsfolk, was always a source of great mystery and wary. Kids in particular struggled to connect and understand her, which got her singled out and bullied by her peers; not knowing how to reply or deal with the matter, the only option that seemed available was that of pure violence.

Such behavior was quick to set a reputation for young Cassandra as a violent, ignorant kid. The more the rumors grew, the worse they’d treat her and the more recklessly she’d respond, setting up a vicious downward spiral with no end in sight. Her parents saw it all, of course, and liked none of it. But what could they do about it? Unaware of parenting techniques for her special case, the girl's deafening silence made it hard even for them to grasp the true nature of her heart and, from that, a chasm opened between them.

The straw that broke the Camel’s back wound come around Cassandra’s 3rd birthday, when in a moment of great distress she cast her very first Rage weaving spell, wounding significantly some of her colleagues. That particular sort of weaving was one of the worst she could have developed, one that had a reputation to be used by violent, bloodlusted creatures that could only harm and destroy. Worried about their own safety, the village requested that a priest would come from the capital to assess the situation.

The priest took but one look at Cassandra’s situation before deciding she was more trouble than it was worth. Using his religious influence, he convinced the village, he stripped the teen of her citizenship, her future, even her very name, labelling her "Banished #3" (or just "Three" for short) instead. Unable to speak for herself and receiving nothing but defeated silence from her parents, Three demolished her own room and left in a fit of rage, never to turn back.

For the few months following that, Three has been busy taking small bounties to make a living - hunt this monster infestation here, clean up those old building ruins there - always heading directly away from home. Well, she was about to be sent as far away as possible from her old life as one can get, an event that would mark the first big turnaround in her life.

After a mission gone awry, Three ended up landing in the town of Toromatsu. It was confusing and stressful at first, dealing with all the new technology and culture all of a sudden, but it was also there that she finally made her first close friend, Takemi. Over the course of her time there, she taught her a variety of things, from practical skills such as sign language, to deeper lessons regarding courage, companionship and selflessness. finally, she gave her a new name, a true name, one that she wasn’t ashamed to bear: Miko.

It was also there that Miko met her first love, a half-oni known as Kyou Tama that developed in her the ability to perform love Weaving. Life for Miko had never been better than with the two of them, and despite constantly getting into trouble, she wanted nothing more than for it to last forever. But it was not to be. Once again, fate calls for the blonde adventurer to cross the worlds and land in a brand new place and one can only hope that the experiences that she’s had to get here have made her strong enough to face what’s yet to come.

Other:
Theme songs:

yumeFINALornot.png
yume outfits.png
  • Sterling Adventurer, Yume Moto (19)
    AKA. Hiroyuki Abe (26)

"Female" (Male)

Canon
    OC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back