• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic ALIEN CONQUEST -- V2.0 -- "Battle for a changed Earth"

Went ahead and did a write up of my Overlord and his methods/group. Something insidious over more open alien methods. An evolved Color Out of Space that has learned the value of manipulating and empowering its hosts instead of eating them.

The Void Whisperer
Vault Whisperer.jpg
It fell from the sky, a meteor of astounding color and form. It broke away but the COLOR remained. It's inside you now, filling you with such intense feelings and emotions. Its like you can touch the divine itself. It WHISPERS to you, compelling you to pursue its needs and desires. No world to encounter the Void Whisperer ever truly knows what has begun to happen until it is already rooted into the local society. It seeks to grow and spread itself, co-opting local lifeforms to serve its needs and expand. Where others might rely upon clones vats or other such workings, the Void Whisperer bends the beings it inhabits with power and ability. They seek to build up energy supplies to help it rebuild itself even as its spreads.

On many worlds, it takes the form of a religious movement, twisting local faiths and dogmas to incorporate itself into it as a divine messenger or voice of god. The Whisperer spreads into figures of power when it finds the opportunity, never directly controlling but always influencing. It has evolved beyond its sibling Colors to be something far more patient and sinister, turning worlds against themselves to encourage its spread, growth and ongoing evolution. The Mother Brain has taken it into service, but the Color yearns to outgrow it and BLESS it with its essence so that even the Mother Brain will carry it across this world and to distant stars beyond. It cares not for the inconvenience of servitude when it seeks to be the true master in the end.​

It's an interesting concept for sure, but... how do you plan to incorporate it into the mechanical side of the RP? It does seem you will mainly focus on energy consumption over other resources, fair enough, but what about the things you do with energy? Normal uses involve building stuff, unlocking developments, making your units.... And quite aside from that, there is also the need to complete missions. Do you have an idea of what these things might look like under your species?

It's an interesting concept for sure, but... how do you plan to incorporate it into the mechanical side of the RP? It does seem you will mainly focus on energy consumption over other resources, fair enough, but what about the things you do with energy? Normal uses involve building stuff, unlocking developments, making your units.... And quite aside from that, there is also the need to complete missions. Do you have an idea of what these things might look like under your species?
Crocodile Crocodile I imagine this alien type depends more on energy resource than it does materials or likely biomass. For example, this race specifically can decide to break a single unit of energy into something called "Voice" -- 100 units of voice for the energy unit broken down, (as the invasion escalates it may be able to break down more energy to make more voice) -- the more voice the "Color" has the stronger it is, but it needs to surrender voice (1-3 units per host, 10 for a particularly useful "agent") -- making the color weaker the more hosts it has unless it can feed on more energy. Biomass not spent quickly wastes away in possession of the color -- or maybe it cannot use biomass at all for it's unique mechanics... something to balance it taking hosts and not making hosts at the same time, for example.

Likewise, I would generate a mechanic where your race likely starts with more tech, and can convert resources into technologies. Idea Idea

It's not always perfectly fair and balanced (though I try to make it as best I can) but not every warlord/race is going to play the same and the ones that are especially weird will play a bit strangely.... but it's all for the best enjoyment and fun of the game.

For curiosity's sake, how much of this is a usual RP, with how much focus on any story or character development? Sounds fairly high entry from first read

For curiosity's sake, how much of this is a usual RP, with how much focus on any story or character development? Sounds fairly high entry from first read
Pat Pat or anyone else out there, do you have a good answer for this question?

It's really a complicated question, one I'll think on before trying to answer. I don't really know what a "usual" RP is -- but ideally there would be plenty of story and character development beside the gamey layer of the nation builder. I'll see what other veterans of my games have to say before I chime in with a better answer when i have time. <3

I mean your Overlord is your character, but its responsibility is more towards managing its assets and operations. You have goals set for you and you need to try to meet them or suffer consequences.

You have choices, you have your own will but in this case you've got a boss in Mother Brain expecting results. Even the Void Whisperer knows it has to provide materials and results, but its plotting away while doing so. So yes, you do have your Overlord and forces to represent and write about. You also need to consider your actions for the bigger picture of the game/mission of conquest.

I hope that's helpful.

I can probably guess that it's not, but my definition of "usual" is definitely something else since the Interest Checks I've seen are a lot more in-depth and thought out from advertisements I'm used to

Does activeness matter? I never see anyone around German timezones lmao (Also thinking about simultaneously joining another roleplay and perhaps even running something on top of that)

I can probably guess that it's not, but my definition of "usual" is definitely something else since the Interest Checks I've seen are a lot more in-depth and thought out from advertisements I'm used to

Does activeness matter? I never see anyone around German timezones lmao (Also thinking about simultaneously joining another roleplay and perhaps even running something on top of that)
Activeness matters -- in that you have to make sure you do a minimum of activity every turn, and there is potential for other opportunities if you have more time/interest to dedicate.... but even if you find you have no time for a while the RP can accomodate you for a while until you can come back, if you make your intentions clear. :D

Activeness matters -- in that you have to make sure you do a minimum of activity every turn, and there is potential for other opportunities if you have more time/interest to dedicate.... but even if you find you have no time for a while the RP can accomodate you for a while until you can come back, if you make your intentions clear. :D
What's the minimum per turn? I could do something every day or two if it's not troublesome and just check in every so often. It's not difficult to set aside some time need be, but I'll see.

I am not in German Timezone, but I'm a fellow European, so I don't think we'd be that far apart. And I'm reachable if you need someone to talk to.

What's the minimum per turn? I could do something every day or two if it's not troublesome and just check in every so often. It's not difficult to set aside some time need be, but I'll see.

I believe in their earlier response to me Beckoncall Beckoncall established a minimum 1 week requirement per round. Ideally it would be faster than that, but that's the set minimum.

I am not in German Timezone, but I'm a fellow European, so I don't think we'd be that far apart. And I'm reachable if you need someone to talk to.

I believe in their earlier response to me Beckoncall Beckoncall established a minimum 1 week requirement per round. Ideally it would be faster than that, but that's the set minimum.
That doesn't sound that bad, that could be managed.

Just realized I forgot to come back to this (back when I got the notification I couldn't click it). It seems the link has expired... any chance I could request a new one?

Edit: Problem fixed now, but thank you regardless!

Last edited:
I seemed to have missed the window as well. Could I request a new invite, providing you're still taking players that is?

Do we need to research Tier 0 root techs of "Probe/Scout Ships (vessels) + Fighters (vessels)" to purchase and use the starter scout/probe/fighter technologies?

Do we need to research Tier 0 root techs of "Probe/Scout Ships (vessels) + Fighters (vessels)" to purchase and use the starter scout/probe/fighter technologies?

Very nice catch/question. I've updated the tech tree to reflect everyone starts with probe/scout tech free, unless their concept makes otherwise.

Fighters is a separate tech and having the luxury of fighters for your other craft DOES cost a root tech. You start with 5 root techs and then you have to research more T0 or higher tech.

I'll tweak costs and make notes as the game progresses.

As someone with almost 1500 hours on Xcom 2 I would like to express my interest in this.

As someone with almost 1500 hours on Xcom 2 I would like to express my interest in this.
I think we're presently full with approx. 15 players -- but if you ARE interested, not everyone may make it through character creation and some players may die in as early as the first turn.... so I can keep you "on deck" for the next opening... or maybe I can cram one more person in. we'll see. <3

Would certainly love an xcom fan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back