• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Heedless of Kalvin's cries Vrail reaches to the ceiling as if calling lightning and tries to pull water from unseen clouds down on the orbs.

OOC: Ascended roll + Luck
I'll take the 20+1 = 21

Heedless of Kalvin's cries Vrail reaches to the ceiling as if calling lightning and tries to pull water from unseen clouds down on the orbs.

OOC: Ascended roll + Luck
I'll take the 20+1 = 21

And now it's raining! Taking out numerous orbs at once! Felis Felis , make a Sanity save!

Hopsek begins taking in what the others are doing with their new found powers. Calling down rain?

Hopsek looks around at the orbs and raises his hands with a wide grin, trying to create a cloud of poison surrounding as many orbs as he possibly can.

Rolling Ascended +1 = 17

"FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING- WHY?! WHY??!?!" He hissed, his legs carrying him frantically wherever they so pleased which happened to be directly at Toryk. He was nice and tall. But it started raining before he reached him, so he slipped in front of him and yanked him by the collar to be bent over as he crouched, using him as an umbrella. "I hate you." He hissed at Vrail.
dr xenon dr xenon D. Rex D. Rex
ANOTHER Sanity Save
2 - 1 = 1 OMFG

"D-don't hurt Kalvin either, please, I don't h-him to die because of m~ oh my Asmodeus it's raining?!? Can this day g-get any worse?!?"
He would have his arms over his head in fear, and to protect himself from the rain.
(Rolling sanity, 3 for Rain, Nat 20 for Water, and 6 for Torykk)

Hopsek begins taking in what the others are doing with their new found powers. Calling down rain?

Hopsek looks around at the orbs and raises his hands with a wide grin, trying to create a cloud of poison surrounding as many orbs as he possibly can.

Rolling Ascended +1 = 17

You take out 4 orbs, as rain continues to fall around you

"FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING- WHY?! WHY??!?!" He hissed, his legs carrying him frantically wherever they so pleased which happened to be directly at Toryk. He was nice and tall. But it started raining before he reached him, so he slipped in front of him and yanked him by the collar to be bent over as he crouched, using him as an umbrella. "I hate you." He hissed at Vrail.
ANOTHER Sanity Save
2 - 1 = 1 OMFG

You are going nuts with utter terror

"D-don't hurt Kalvin either, please, I don't h-him to die because of m~ oh my Asmodeus it's raining?!? Can this day g-get any worse?!?"
He would have his arms over his head in fear, and to protect himself from the rain.

Make two sanity saves, one for the Rain, another for it being Water.

Oh yes, you are in a full on panic attack right now

ANOTHER Sanity Save
2 - 1 = 1 OMFG

"SINK ME!" Toryk exclaimed as the rain brought forth another round of the rabid tiefling, this time trying to clamber himself under the gnoll and bend him into a pretzel. "Can you no find a better place to go than down me britches!?"

Was this going to happen every time there was water around!? And then the useless upstart had to go on again. "I ain't gonna kill him, pup! Stop yer whining!" He shouted irritable, "Cant ye see i got me hands full?!"

"SINK ME!" Toryk exclaimed as the rain brought forth another round of the rabid tiefling, this time trying to clamber himself under the gnoll and bend him into a pretzel. "Can you no find a better place to go than down me britches!?"
Was this going to happen every time there was water around!? And then the useless upstart had to go on again. "I ain't gonna kill him, pup! Stop yer whining!" He shouted irritable, "Cant ye see i got me hands full?!"
"B-Blame it on being build like a fucking tree!" He snapped, body shaking from the sheer fear he felt. "This is what you get for poking fun at me er-earlier." He muttered.

Trying again..
15 - 1 = 14

Shalia just shakes her head at the craziness that is happening between the men of the group. Getting her clothes wet from the sudden rain spell is a little annoying, but not nearly as annoying as getting soaked by her own magic. She questions why she even joined this group for a moment and then glances over to the other women of the group reminding her that an important reason she joined was that the women of the group are hot. She blasts out a couple more fire bolts at the targets in an attempt to get this trial over already so she can get out of this test.

"B-Blame it on being build like a fucking tree!" He snapped, body shaking from the sheer fear he felt. "This is what you get for poking fun at me er-earlier." He muttered.

Trying again..
15 - 1 = 14
He didn't like when Kalvin got mad. "P-Please don't hurt anyone, especially not m-m-m-me."
(Rolling for sanity)
(11)

You two are starting to regain your composure ... some of it

Shalia just shakes her head at the craziness that is happening between the men of the group. Getting her clothes wet from the sudden rain spell is a little annoying, but not nearly as annoying as getting soaked by her own magic. She questions why she even joined this group for a moment and then glances over to the other women of the group reminding her that an important reason she joined was that the women of the group are hot. She blasts out a couple more fire bolts at the targets in an attempt to get this trial over already so she can get out of this test.

You take out a few more targets

And now it's raining! Taking out numerous orbs at once! Felis Felis , make a Sanity save!
Preoccupied by her success on her second attempt of shooting burning leaves, the sudden rain takes Diella by surprise and she cries out in shock when the water hits her. W-why? Where did this even come from? Aren't they inside?

Sanity save: 2+0=2

Preoccupied by her success on her second attempt of shooting burning leaves, the sudden rain takes Diella by surprise and she cries out in shock when the water hits her. W-why? Where did this even come from? Aren't they inside?

Sanity save: 2+0=2

You are frightened by the rain, and are now looking for a place to seek shelter from it

Evora's amber eyes had shot here and there, to and fro, between people, beings and objects since she awoke in this strange plain of existence.
She wasn't sure what to make of most of it and just listened intently as things unfolded around them.
Her bare red feet carried around the arena after Toryk as he maneuvered and fought against the random magical orbs that had manifested overhead.
She followed him as close as she could, though lagging behind just enough to be out of the way when he engaged the trial.
Evora felt naked, in the bad way.
Without her instruments what could she do?

That being said, she knew she needed to do something. The last thing she wanted was to be seen as useless or cowardly by Toryk again.
Who knew what he would do to her this time.

Unfortunately, her train of thought was broken as one of the other tieflings tried to hide beneath him and Toryk being obviously irritated by it.
That made her irritated as well.

Upon reaching them she jumped onto Kalvin to tackle him away from Toryk.

Last edited:
You are frightened by the rain, and are now looking for a place to seek shelter from it
"Please, make it stop," Diella moans, though with her teeth chattering as badly as they are, she isn't sure if anyone can even understand her plea, let alone do anything about this horrifying downpour. Even though they are on an elevated platform, all she can think about is the rain filling up the arena higher and higher until they are all submerged and drowned. She squeezes her eyes shut, but that only makes the image more vivid.

Shelter, she needs shelter. If Diella can't feel the drops, perhaps she can block out the thoughts. She raises her shield over her head to stave off at least some of the rain and frantically looks around the area.

Her eyes fall on Beorin, and struck by the best idea her panicked mind can manage, Diella makes a beeline for him and begins tugging at his arm. "Please... your shield..." she stammers, gesturing with her free hand to hopefully convey more meaning than her incoherent words alone can. "The rain..." With a second shield, perhaps she could make a roof of sorts.

Sherwood Sherwood

Evora's amber eyes had shot here and there, to and fro, between people, beings and objects since she awoke in this strange plain of existence.
She wasn't sure what to make of most of it and just listened intently as things unfolded around them.
Her bare red feet carried around the arena after Toryk as he maneuvered and fought against the random magical orbs that had manifested overhead.
She followed him as close as she could, though lagging behind just enough to be out of the way when he engaged the trial.

That being said, she knew she needed to do something. The last thing she wanted was to be seen as useless or cowardly by Toryk again.

Unfortunately, her train of thought was broken as one of the other tieflings tried to hide beneath him and Toryk being obviously irritated by it.

In a Brilliant flash of light, you are able to tear off one of the other Tieflings!

"Please, make it stop," Diella moans, though with her teeth chattering as badly as they are, she isn't sure if anyone can even understand her plea, let alone do anything about this horrifying downpour. Even though they are on an elevated platform, all she can think about is the rain filling up the arena higher and higher until they are all submerged and drowned. She squeezes her eyes shut, but that only makes the image more vivid.

Shelter, she needs shelter. If Diella can't feel the drops, perhaps she can block out the thoughts. She raises her shield over her head to stave off at least some of the rain and frantically looks around the area.

Her eyes fall on Beorin, and struck by the best idea her panicked mind can manage, Diella makes a beeline for him and begins tugging at his arm. "Please... your shield..." she stammers, gesturing with her free hand to hopefully convey more meaning than her incoherent words alone can. "The rain..." With a second shield, perhaps she could make a roof of sorts.

Sherwood Sherwood
Beorin stops his efforts to pop bubbles and immediately turns to Diella's side, his shield raised high above her head to block as much of the rain as possible. With the most calming voice he can manage, he says, "Its ok. You are not alone here. I will do my best to protect you."

Kalvienne didn't really see when Evora suddenly decided to be a complete prick. He got tackled right into the rain. He tried to push her off, eyes kind of stinging from that lightshow.

(I'm going to make a sanity save since he was shoved back into the same thig he was trying to get away from)
10 - 1 = 9

Beorin stops his efforts to pop bubbles and immediately turns to Diella's side, his shield raised high above her head to block as much of the rain as possible. With the most calming voice he can manage, he says, "Its ok. You are not alone here. I will do my best to protect you."
"Thank you," Diella mutters, crouching under both of their shields and trying to calm her breathing. "And a-apologies." A distant part of her mind tells her Diella is now not only keeping herself but also Beorin from doing well in the trials, and she does feel bad about it. But now that she is under this makeshift shelter, the mere thought of leaving it's safety is enough to send another spike of panic through her.

It's alright, Diella tries to convince herself, now that the larger part of the rain doesn't hit her anymore. She keeps her eyes firmly fixed on her feet to help with her suspension of disbelief. I'm safe here, there's no rain at all. It's just... random, unrelated drops of water. It's... probably... maybe... alright.

Brea looked around as floating orbs filled the arena. She was still a little confused as to what was happening, she was slowly beginning to realize the purpose. A test? She watched as the others struck out at the orb by means of magic or something else. Hit the orbs then?

Brea brought up her bow and pulled an arrow from her quiver. She aimed and let loose an arrow at an orb, she then repeated the process with a second orb.

(Not sure how to do this part)
Attack, longbow:

Kalvienne didn't really see when Evora suddenly decided to be a complete prick. He got tackled right into the rain. He tried to push her off, eyes kind of stinging from that lightshow.

(I'm going to make a sanity save since he was shoved back into the same thig he was trying to get away from)
10 - 1 = 9

Your pants may be a bit wet, and it's not from the rain.

Brea looked around as floating orbs filled the arena. She was still a little confused as to what was happening, she was slowly beginning to realize the purpose. A test? She watched as the others struck out at the orb by means of magic or something else. Hit the orbs then?

Brea brought up her bow and pulled an arrow from her quiver. She aimed and let loose an arrow at an orb, she then repeated the process with a second orb.

(Not sure how to do this part)
Attack, longbow:

You take down two orbs, but something is off. You feel a strange power well up inside of you... something that wasn't there before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back