• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Age of The End (D&D 5E) (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Diella frowns as the flame shoots past all the orbs in her line of vision. Perhaps splitting the fire three ways was too ambitious? After all, throwing stones isn't as complicated as casting magic, even simple spells. But if Diella is ever supposed to get a handle on the power she felt earlier, she needs to know if she can do it at all, so she takes a deep breath and creates another small flame in her hand.

Perhaps she was thinking too deeply on her first try. When she threw the stones, it was an instinctive movement, after all. Instead of trying to figure out how she needs to aim both flame and leaves to send them in the direction of the flying spheres, Diella simply visualizes the effect she wants this time - her flame shooting from her hand, two leaves forming inside of it, catching fire and arcing after two separate orbs.

Ascended roll: 9+1=10
Conjuration cantrip | Casting Time: 1 action | Range: Self | Components: V, S | Duration: 10 minutes
A flickering flame appears in your hand. The flame remains there for the duration and harms neither you nor your equipment. The flame sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. The spell ends if you dismiss it as an action or if you cast it again.
You can also attack with the flame, although doing so ends the spell. When you cast this spell, or as an action on a later turn, you can hurl the flame at a creature within 30 feet of you. Make a ranged spell attack. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 fire damage.

Diella frowns as the flame shoots past all the orbs in her line of vision. Perhaps splitting the fire three ways was too ambitious? After all, throwing stones isn't as complicated as casting magic, even simple spells. But if Diella is ever supposed to get a handle on the power she felt earlier, she needs to know if she can do it at all, so she takes a deep breath and creates another small flame in her hand.

Perhaps she was thinking too deeply on her first try. When she threw the stones, it was an instinctive movement, after all. Instead of trying to figure out how she needs to aim both flame and leaves to send them in the direction of the flying spheres, Diella simply visualizes the effect she wants this time - her flame shooting from her hand, two leaves forming inside of it, catching fire and arcing after two separate orbs.

Ascended roll: 9+1=10
Conjuration cantrip | Casting Time: 1 action | Range: Self | Components: V, S | Duration: 10 minutes
A flickering flame appears in your hand. The flame remains there for the duration and harms neither you nor your equipment. The flame sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. The spell ends if you dismiss it as an action or if you cast it again.
You can also attack with the flame, although doing so ends the spell. When you cast this spell, or as an action on a later turn, you can hurl the flame at a creature within 30 feet of you. Make a ranged spell attack. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 fire damage.

You take down two orbs with burning leaves, as they cut through each target!

Another target take down!

"Feeling it now, eh?" He asked, as his claws reached into the pouch to grab another few needles. "Aye, that be the point. Even a trickle after and you be feeling it much harder." He advised.

Raising the blowgun again, he began firing off another round of darts at the Golden orbs. Carefully aiming for one then another. Trying to make the most of every Dart.

1. 29
2. 14
3. 15
4. 29
5. 26

"Feeling it now, eh?" He asked, as his claws reached into the pouch to grab another few needles. "Aye, that be the point. Even a trickle after and you be feeling it much harder." He advised.

Raising the blowgun again, he began firing off another round of darts at the Golden orbs. Carefully aiming for one then another. Trying to make the most of every Dart.

1. 29
2. 14
3. 15
4. 29
5. 26

Another 5 targets destroyed, and many more still fly around

Seeing the mayhem around him Vrail tunes in to his Danger Sense - normally it warns him of things coming too close so he can dodge out of their way - now he wants to sense when a cluster of orbs is getting close -

Ancestors guide me, he mutters reverently in Modern Saurian and launches himself outward toward what he senses will be a confluence of orbs between him and another floating disc, the artifact held before him like a tower shield.

Athaclenna sees that there is some . . . negative feedback . . . to using their new divine powers too often, so she sticks to her simple cantrip and contines to burn targets from the sky with her Sacred Flame.

Orbs destroyed: 12
Kalvienne sighed in frustration. "Take this seriously. Beorin is right. Is dying once not enough for you?" He asked, slashing at more orbs as they whizzed by.
ShadSmithGayDemon ShadSmithGayDemon
Mentioning: Sherwood Sherwood

(Can I make multiple rolls? Like.. 5 so I speed it up?)
Rolls to hit:
17 + 6 = 23
7 + 6 = 13
19 + 6 = 25
8 + 6 = 14
8 + 6 = 14

Last edited:
Hopsek frowned, that wasn’t fire, though it did seem to some how disintegrate his targets.

He raised his hands again and cast Eldritch Blast again, perhaps last time it didn’t work because he didn’t know about the purple melty fog... pointing his hands at various targets he shot off multiple blasts.

(Going to go ahead and roll multiple here to keep up)

rolling Ascended +1 =

Seeing the mayhem around him Vrail tunes in to his Danger Sense - normally it warns him of things coming too close so he can dodge out of their way - now he wants to sense when a cluster of orbs is getting close -

Ancestors guide me, he mutters reverently in Modern Saurian and launches himself outward toward what he senses will be a confluence of orbs between him and another floating disc, the artifact held before him like a tower shield.

Something doesn't quite feel right... you don't FEEL like you are in any mortal danger. in fact these orbs don't seem like they can fight back... but you doo feel a strange power iside of you, maybe you could use that for your next move?

Hopsek frowned, that wasn’t fire, though it did seem to some how disintegrate his targets.

He raised his hands again and cast Eldritch Blast again, perhaps last time it didn’t work because he didn’t know about the purple melty fog... pointing his hands at various targets he shot off multiple blasts.

(Going to go ahead and roll multiple here to keep up)

rolling Ascended +1 =

Your Eltrich blast is purple in color, less misty but still holding onto it's poisonous nature. The orbs still melt into a toxic goo

"But, I don't want to be stronger...I'm fine just the way I am...."

"I don't be mattering what you want, here pup." The large hyena man growled, reaching into his sack for another handful of needles. Pointing at the boy with his blow pipe for emphasis.

"You do no be fine as you are if all you be wanting to be is a lump on a log." He said gruff. "The only place for shark bait is in the fishes stomach. And you be shark bait. You may no like it, puppy, but you gonna be a ball n chain to yer brother lest you do get up and make yourself useful. You may not got no problems dying here, but I'm sure he does."

DuckPrince DuckPrince

Phanto stood before the Gnoll, slightly intimidated by his savage demeanor. "Please, don't hut me!" he said, cowering in a hint of fear.
(Rolling for Sanity)
(7, oof)

Last edited:
Something doesn't quite feel right... you don't FEEL like you are in any mortal danger. in fact these orbs don't seem like they can fight back... but you doo feel a strange power iside of you, maybe you could use that for your next move?

Unsure of what is bubbling up inside him but used to channeling primal rage, Vrail pulls the cords on the new power and channels it into striking out at the orbs once again.

TyranntX TyranntX - Ascended roll +1 = 14

Last edited:
Shalia found the pink glow that came from her powered up fire bolt interesting. She notices Toryk seem to go crazy from the power until it gave him painful side effects. She becomes a bit worried about using this power too much can cause people to act stupid followed by pain so she just fires normal fire bolts at the annoying targets in this endurance/accuracy trial.

25 12 12 12 22

Shalia found the pink glow that came from her powered up fire bolt interesting. She notices Toryk seem to go crazy from the power until it gave him painful side effects. She becomes a bit worried about using this power too much can cause people to act stupid followed by pain so she just fires normal fire bolts at the annoying targets in this endurance/accuracy trial.

That's another five targets taken down

Phanto stood before the Gnoll, slightly intimidated by his savage demeanor. "Please, don't hut me!" he said, cowering in a hint of fear.
(Rolling for Sanity)
(7, oof)

"Bah!" He exclaimed, waving a dismissive claw at him. "Ya sorry, lily-livered, nattering wretch. If I wanted to hurt ya, you'd be dead already!"

Toryk shot Kalvin a look as if question if this really was his brother. Not that he was against strange family. Gnolls did love their pack mates. However odd they were or wherever they were from. "Hoy, hearty, if you be needing me to kick him into shape, you just say the word. I be no stranger to getting useless knaves into working order. After, no prey no pay!" He said with a jolly laugh bringing up his blowpipe again to fire off another volley.

1. 27
2. 28
3. 27
4. 28
5. 12

(Rolling for Sanity)
(7, oof)

You are a little afraid of Troyk.

Unsure of what is bubbling up inside him but used to channeling primal rage, Vrail pulls the cords on the new power and channels it into striking out at the orbs once again.

TyranntX TyranntX - Ascended roll +1 = 14

you sommon a pressurized jet of water, and destroy an orb by dousing it.

"Bah!" He exclaimed, waving a dismissive claw at him. "Ya sorry, lily-livered, nattering wretch. If I wanted to hurt ya, you'd be dead already!"

Toryk shot Kalvin a look as if question if this really was his brother. Not that he was against strange family. Gnolls did love their pack mates. However odd they were or wherever they were from. "Hoy, hearty, if you be needing me to kick him into shape, you just say the word. I be no stranger to getting useless knaves into working order. After, no prey no pay!" He said with a jolly laugh bringing up his blowpipe again to fire off another volley.

1. 27
2. 28
3. 27
4. 28
5. 12

You take down another 5 targets

Hmmm, grunted Vrail. Now instead of just pulling at the cords, he rocks back and forth like he's sloshing water in a bucket tyring to build its momentum. As his speed builds he spins on his left foot and pushed outward with his hands trying to summon a wave of water to crash across the orbs.

OCC: sad dice roller roll
Ascended roll = 9

you sommon a pressurized jet of water, and destroy an orb by dousing it.
Orbs destroyed: 17
He glanced at Toryk with a bit of a humorless chuckle. "Adopted as a brother." He clarified. "Maybe after this whole fiasco is over- gah dammit!" He hissed, jerking away at the blast of water from Vrail. "Stop that!" He barked.

Sanity save because damn pressure washer over there dr xenon dr xenon
5 - 1 = 4

Hmmm, grunted Vrail. Now instead of just pulling at the cords, he rocks back and forth like he's sloshing water in a bucket tyring to build its momentum. As his speed builds he spins on his left foot and pushed outward with his hands trying to summon a wave of water to crash across the orbs.

OCC: sad dice roller roll
Ascended roll = 9

It's not a lot of water, but it's enough to take out 3 more orbs

Orbs destroyed: 17
He glanced at Toryk with a bit of a humorless chuckle. "Adopted as a brother." He clarified. "Maybe after this whole fiasco is over- gah dammit!" He hissed, jerking away at the blast of water from Vrail. "Stop that!" He barked.

Sanity save because damn pressure washer over there dr xenon dr xenon
5 - 1 = 4

You are now making a B- line for Troyk, bear hugging him like you did the mast in the prologue

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back