• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Age of Kings (K Project and Magi inspired)

Field Marshall

Eight Thousand Club
There was the Age of the Gods, then the Age of Man, and now it's the Age of the Kings. At the end of the Age of Man the Supernatural made a resurgence into the world revolutionizing it into the Age of Kings. The Age of Kings is named after the emergence of new powerful individuals called Kings who seem to possess power and traits that ordain them as having the right to the world. Each King was born with a power, affinity, or ability but it's not that ability that makes them special because anyone can have powers in this new Age. It's their ability to share that power with people called Retainers, those who have pledged loyalty a King are imprinted with the King's Crest and gain access to power, techniques, equipment, etc. derived from the ability of that King. As amazed by the existence of Kings the world is, there is a reason for their existence. The Kings must either discover why they exist before the reason for their existence discovers them.

Setting:'This world is very final fantasy XV like with their being magic and technology. There are other races which are mythological in origin. The nations of the Age of Man no longer exist replaced by new lands and nations. Magic, ki, chi, Alechmy, Techno magic, futuristic technology, etc. all exist in this new Age of Kings. The few things they don't have is space travel and aliens.

Last edited:
Now for the tough part... King or retainer... King or retainer...

hmmm...

The only thing set in stone about the setting is the information in the OP and the fact the Eldritch King rules all of what would be the Middle East.

I need more information on abilities and such.
Kings can have more than one ability but only one of their ability is their King's Power which their retainer gain power from.

Retainers can also have powers of their own besides what they gain fro,,their king.

These are examples of how it's usually done with something not based on an existing property:
The Augments (Lore)

I can't work with nothing.
Well, since it says that this RP is based off of K Project and Magi, both of which are relatively well documented series, you can derive your abilities from there. Seeing how the setting for all this is heavily K Project inspired, it'll be safe to orient the abilities around those.

Specifically, the kings in K Project had the ability to give their retainers abilities similar to their own. With those abilities (or perhaps it would be better to say attributes), they are able to perform different skills with it as their central theme. So if the King of Fire gave out the ability to wield fire, their subordinates would not only be able to wield fire, theres a good chance that they'll be able to toss fireballs, light up objects, use the fire as a means of propulsion, stuff like that. The abilities given aren't a straight up copy, but more like sharing a theme, otherwise Kings would be horribly useless.

I think that's what Field Marshall Field Marshall means.

Well, since it says that this RP is based off of K Project and Magi, both of which are relatively well documented series, you can derive your abilities from there. Seeing how the setting for all this is heavily K Project inspired, it'll be safe to orient the abilities around those.

Specifically, the kings in K Project had the ability to give their retainers abilities similar to their own. With those abilities (or perhaps it would be better to say attributes), they are able to perform different skills with it as their central theme. So if the King of Fire gave out the ability to wield fire, their subordinates would not only be able to wield fire, theres a good chance that they'll be able to toss fireballs, light up objects, use the fire as a means of propulsion, stuff like that. The abilities given aren't a straight up copy, but more like sharing a theme, otherwise Kings would be horribly useless.

I think that's what Field Marshall Field Marshall means.
Okay, thanks. I'm interested in playing a retainer, so I'll wait until there are more Kings.

Okay, thanks. I'm interested in playing a retainer, so I'll wait until there are more Kings.
You and me both... Especially since it looks like the playing field would be a global setting, something that I should've known seeing as it is Magi inspired.

Well in any case, I''ll first try my hand at making a king, even if they're a pretty weak one.

Field Marshall Field Marshall How many characters are we allowed to have at any given point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back