Age of Exploration

"I'd call it a rat-race but that demeans the noble sport of dressing Mr. Cheesers up in tiny costumes and making him run after cheese." ,she chuckled as she walked along to a nice park bench. 

@Latios

He too walked up to the bench and sat down. "Why would you do that to him. It sounds torturous. I never do anything like that to Flax. I don't think I'd love to tell the tale if I did."

@Avedon

"Huh... Fun. Say, how about we do something fun ourselves before the day is over. There's plenty of snow. Maybe we can build a snowpony."

@Avedon

@Latios
((Iternet crashed, hope i didnt keep you waiting long)) 

Nightfall started gathering snow but she very quickly got tuckered out. Even Cheesers was helping, rolling up little snow-balls with his paws into piles. Nightfall began to fidget and feel around inside her bulky sweaters. 

(Nah, I had gone to bed before that)

Galagus was trying his best to roll up the biggest snowball he could muster. But once it reaches about his own size he could no longer push. "Well, that's one down.... Umm, you doing ok there." He asked as he saw her fidgeting around. 

@Avedon

@StrifeInYeShadows

It was a pretty average day in Equestria. The sun hang at the midpoint in the sky, and a cold December breeze blew down from the mountains to the north. Equestria was already blanketed in an alarming amount of snow, which came up to most ponies knees, although for Luna it was below her knees. At the moment she was walking on the outskirts of Ponyville, wearing no royal jewelry, and simply enjoying the nice cold weather.

@StrifeInYeShadows

It was a pretty average day in Equestria. The sun hang at the midpoint in the sky, and a cold December breeze blew down from the mountains to the north. Equestria was already blanketed in an alarming amount of snow, which came up to most ponies knees, although for Luna it was below her knees. At the moment she was walking on the outskirts of Ponyville, wearing no royal jewelry, and simply enjoying the nice cold weather.

soon, luna begins to feel something beneath her feet. a tremor, to be exact, and if luna senses careully enough, it seems to be coming from the direction of ponyville, as no damage seems to be done here.

@StrifeInYeShadows

Luna pauses when she feels the tremor under her hooves. An earthquake, perhaps? A magical disturbance? She had lived through many of both. It took but a moment for Luna to wink out of existence and reappear in the middle of Ponyville, where she sensed the disturbance emanating from.

the tremor is much more prevalent, and if luna senses more, it seems to be coming through to the everfree forest. most of the ponies are in a state of panic and rush back into their houses. the pegasi don't seem to notice, as they are obviously flying above the ground. after a few seconds, the tremor seems to stop for a few seconds, and since luna is very sensitive to magic, it feels like a magical disturbance of some kind...but not from equestria...more from someplace else...that's NOT equestria.

Last edited by a moderator:
@StrifeInYeShadows

Once again Luna stops, ignoring the panicking ponies, and hones her senses in on the disturbance. With her sensitivity to magic, and her enhanced deity senses, she was easily able to tell that the disturbance was coming from the Everfree Forest. Once again Luna winks out of existence and reappears inside the Everfree, near to where her senses were saying the disturbance was. If it was a portal, or something which looked dangerous, Luna would erect a massive magical barrier around the area so as to protect Ponyville and the rest of the Everfree Forest. In case of an explosion or something.

the tremor begins back up again. this time, the tremor seems to be coming from the inside a cave. luna can see what looks like an aquatic and turquoise blue glow nearby, about fifty feet away, almost like the colors of the ocean. this seems to be the source of the tremor, and it is inside the cave.

@StrifeInYeShadows

Luna travels into the cave and confronts whatever it is which is creating the tremor. She created a few protective barriers over herself, just in case, and sent a ball of energy out in front of her to lead the way into the cave.

the glow on the wall seems to be getting closer, but at the same time, getting a little dimmer as she goes deeper. soon, she begins to hear what sounds like...voices? one voice sounds female. "unnngh...MAN...I WON'T get used to that travel distance anytime soon...ugghh, I feel SICK...I forgot how sick that makes ya...that gateway travel really kills me sometimes...MMMPH! almost lost it there...almost threw up..."

@StrifeInYeShadows

Luna stops when she hears the voices and listens. They didn't sound hostile, which set her at ease slightly. They sounded more confused than anything. Regardless, she kept her barriers up and had more than a few destructive spells ready if necessary. She'd bring this entire cave system down if she had too. She rounded the corner, stopped when she was in line of sight to the newcomers, and said, "AHEM. Hello."

@StrifeInYeShadows

Luna stops when she hears the voices and listens. They didn't sound hostile, which set her at ease slightly. They sounded more confused than anything. Regardless, she kept her barriers up and had more than a few destructive spells ready if necessary. She'd bring this entire cave system down if she had too. She rounded the corner, stopped when she was in line of sight to the newcomers, and said, "AHEM. Hello."

if luna looked a bit closely, she could see what looks like two glowing blue circles, like a ring shape with symbols inside the middle of them just beginning to disappear on the wall, like they are glowing drawings. there also what looks like a shape of stairs below the ring shape. there are two visitors on the ground, laying down, tiredly. one figure looks like a gray wolf with a white underbelly and brown eyes. the other looks like a raven with red eyes. could these two have come out of that strange circle? 

the raven speaks. "ah! who's there?" the voice sounds female.

the duo look at luna before them, but their vision is blurry due to the travel. the wolf slowly begins to look up at her, trying to get a good look at her, but can't. the wol slowly begins to try to get up, but he slips and falls on his stomach a little, his body feeling a little numb and like it all fell asleep. he slowly begins to try to get up again, and his vision is starting to clear up a little. "who's...who's there? I...I can't...see you..." the wolf speaks. his voice sounds male and like it is soft-spoken and gentle, like a young male.

@Latios
"Yes it's just you know...snow is actually cold. Hadn't factored that in. Wish I was carrying some-" her eyes lit up and she tugged out a few skeletal hooves that she had tucked inside her pockets and dropped them down into the snow. They twitched and began to ball up and gather the snow for her! "If only I had some longer bones I could make the snowman come to life..." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back