Age of Exploration

Dreamweaver

One Thousand Club
Located below the beautiful city of Canterlot sat Ponyville, a small town which had become increasingly important in the last few years. The small town had become a central point in the defense of Equestria from recent threats, due to the fact that the Elements of Harmony made their homes around this area. Because of this, and the fact that it was so close to the heavily guarded capital city of Canterlot, Ponyville had seen an influx of ponies joining its population lately. While not a city, barely even a large town, it was growing quickly.

Within the bustling heart of Ponyville sat the famed Inn of the Broken Blade, where weary travelers, citizens and any other creature was welcome to stay. A sign on the front door read, ‘No fighting inside the inn’. The inside of the inn was quite beautiful, with the glow of several lanterns casting a comfortable warm light over the wooden interior of the place. The smell of delicious food drifted out from the back of the tavern, where the owner was hard at work serving up meals for her hungry patrons. Behind the counter of the bar sat a large stallion who served drinks with a smile to those who wanted them and otherwise kept the place tidy when there were no customers talking to him.

Equestria.jpg

@Dreamweaver

Capra flipped around on the deer-dryads back, hooking her arms under her chest and peering over her shoulder

"I've compleeeetely forgotten where we were going!" 

@Avedon

"Probably because you've been drinking that poison water all day. Do you have any idea how unnatural that water is? You must have quite the special lake to harvest such a liquid. What magical enchantments have you put upon the water?" The dryad says with a gentle giggle. The sounds of a large waterfall were growing closer...

@Cyan Hide

"So, how does the whole 'behaving' thing? Is that working out for you?" Says a voice from behind Starlight Glimmer. Luna was standing directly behind her and was not there a second ago.

@Dreamweaver

"I told you I make it from grapes. It's like...the OPPOSITE of unnatural. It's distilling the very essence of nature. Every sip of my wine brigns the taste of that part of my vineyards. The silky taste of the mushrooms rowing under the shadows of my vines, the rustic roast of the nuts that fall from the hills to settle and decompose at the base of my vineyards, the oak of the barrels theyre matured in, even the honey and sweet fragrance of the meadows that the bees bring over!" 

Starlight jumped, and quickly turned round, not exactly in a threatening poise but more 'battle ready'.

"Princess Luna?"

She straightened up, cleared her throat and regained her composure.

"It's mostly going well. Sometimes it's hard to tolerate certain ponies but I am improving. The friendship lessons are helping, plus talking to my actual friend, Trixie."

@Avedon

"Forgive me for wanting regular water over... That. I don't think my tree could survive off of such a liquid." She said with a shrug of her shoulders. She was still feeling slightly tipsy from when Capra had poured wine over her trees roots, and while the feeling and taste was pleasurable, it simply didn't feel the same as pure water. 

@Cyan Hide

Luna just raises an eyebrow and smirks. "You have a friend?" She says with a little airy laugh, "I am joking, just joking. It's good to hear that you've been making progress. Though... Isn't Trixie that slightly demented ex-necromancer mare who took over Ponyville? You sure do pick... Interesting.... Friends. Then again I can't really talk..."

@Dreamweaver

"Well it's quite useful for us Satyrs. He would always ask me for some whenever he launched a Wild Hunt~" Her hands softly rub Nem's stomach, running over it steadily and insistently. She frowned before she began to unbutton her shirt. It was hard to tell since she was sitting on the deers back but she suddenly was putting it around Nem and buttoning it up, dressing her new friend. 

"She's not that bad. Plus we actually have something in common to bond us, that being regret for once being a tyrant to a town. There aren't very many of those around."

She chuckles and scratches her head.

"So, what brings you out here, Princess?"

@Avedon

"Wait what are y-" Nem goes silent as the satyr dresses her up. The shirt... Actually fit pretty well! Although Nem wasn't really sure that she needed her. All of her parts that maybe considered 'inappropriate' had been covered up with leaves and branches. "Hmm. Thank you?"

@Cyan Hide

Luna nods her agreement at Starlight and smiles a bit. "Oh, me? Just exploring a bit. Lots to see, lots to do. Only been back 10 years which isn't really even a spec on the timescale of the universe, you know? Many new technologies. Today I was going to buy one of those 'Xboxes' I have heard so much about."

@Dreamweaver

"You felt cold. A dryad like you can barely handle the winter as it is. I'm a faun, I thrive off of Autumn and believe me clothing wasn't the highest priority in the old days so I am hardly unused to it. I'd hate for you to get sick..." 

@Avedon

"I can't get sick, I'm a dryad! I just get tired and sleepy..." Nem says with a sigh. Was she being rude to Capra right now? She honestly didn't know. She never did talk to many other creatures. Maybe she should... Say something nice? "... Uhm... Thank you for the plant fiber clothing, though...."

@Dreamweaver

"You are welcome cutie...and you only owe me one kiss for putting it on you~" Capra's ears perked up as she sniffed the air, always loving the scent of wateralls as they churned up a fresh clear spring 

@Dreamweaver

"I haven't got one of them either. The amount of things that have been invented while I was in that town is just crazy. The level of ggramophones and books is my comfort zone. Have you used gramophones yet?"

@Avedon

"A kiss? I can do that." The dryad giggles as they make their way into the waterfall area. The sound of crashing water grows louder and louder until finally they break through the forest's edge and come upon the waterfall itself. They were at the top of the rushing water, and the dropoff was almost 80 feet below.

@Cyan Hide

"Those fancy musical devices? Yes I have used them, though I prefer to play my own music. Things that existed before my banishment, such as the lute. Pianos are what I am trying to learn now, though they are only a few hundred years old. Do you play an instrument?"

@Dreamweaver

"I actually don't anymore. I mean I played piano when I was a filly, but I haven't since. I prefer to listen to it than to play it myself. My hobby is magic. Also reading."

@Cyan Hide

"Understandable! Magic is a good hobby. Although magic and reading sort of go together so I am not sure you can include them both..."

@Avedon

"Just relax, dip your hooves in and enjoy the scenery." Nem says with a little giggle. She curled up on the edge of the waterfall and looked down to the ground below. She always did find this place rather relaxing.

@Dreamweaver

Capra moved into the steam, softly gathering water as she bathed herself, singing away with the roar of the falls under them providing a steady backdrop to her voice "Soooo...I can't imagine you've ever met anyone living so deep in the woods." 

@Avedon

Nem winces slightly. That was a sore topic for her. "Uhm... Once and a while. I met some ponies once, a few years ago... though it's been so long that I no longer remember their names. Uhm... Other than that, no, I can't say that I have met anyone."

@Latios

Nightfall scooched him over further down his bed as she took up a nice little cozy spot "So you were askign what I did for work right?" 

@Avedon

Nem arches an eyebrow at Capra's interesting choice of words and flicks her little nubby tail around a bit. "A goat-man-girl, huh?" She shakes her head a bit, "Honestly I am not too interested in 'dating' as you call it. Everyone dies too quickly anyway."

@Cyan Hide

Luna pats her on the shoulder and nods. "Understandable. I enjoy fighting for a pastime activity. Do you adventure?"

"Well I'm mainly trying to think of ways I can some bits now. Does your apprenticeship pay, or do you pay into it?"

@Avedon

@Dreamweaver

"Admittedly not as much as I should or want to. Twilight's a bit of a strict teacher when it comes to punctuality, and I see travelling with her more like work or school than an adventure. As for fighting. It's not something I do very often but I think I'm good at it."

Users who are viewing this thread