Age of Exploration

"Oh, sorry." He said jumping out of the bed. "I guess I'll just let you sleep then. I'll be back later I suppose."

@Avedon

"GAH!" Galagus yelled as he felt the sudden weight fall on him. "Nightfall. What did you do that for?" He said trying to get up

@Avedon

Tec mumbled inaudibly under his breath as he walked through the town. So far, no luck in this town, except one pony, but they were busy making overly complicated and dangerous machines. Quick system checkups showed that most damage had been fixed, and his voice had a loose connection or two, what he had fixed, of course. Now he had a dilemma what he was mumbling about: move on from Ponyville in his search or stick around longer. The few people he had met and connected with could have information he needs, but the longer he stays in a place where his creator probably isn't, the longer he won't find them. Then again, maybe it was time to give up searching... the last 6 months of travelling had been tough, many attacks had been aimed towards him to be scrapped for spare parts. Even though it was night and there were practically no ponies in the streets around him, he couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. He didn't really have a place to stay, what's rather dangerous if you want to turn off. For now, he wondered aimlessly through the streets of ponyville, the green of his eyes glowing in the darkness along with the clatter of metal hooves on paving stones, taking the occasional look over his shoulder and down alleyways, not really feeling completely safe in the empty streets.

"Oh boy." Galagus groaned when he found out she was asleep. He tried to lift her up off of himself with his magic but it wasn't strong enough. Time for plan B. He lifted his front legs up making his back slant downwards making her slide right off. "Ugh, well I'm glad that's over. But now how do I get her back in the bed... Great. She had to fall on top of me." He decided the best aproch was to use both magic and his physical strength. After a few minutes of struggling he finally managed to push her up onto the bed. "Gezz she's heavy. It must be all that cooking she likes to do. Either that or maybe I'm just growing weaker from all this friendliness going on around here." He chuckled. Flax just looked back at him with his blank stare. "Yeah, your hungry again aren't you." Flax gave a ruffle of his wings in response. "Of course you are. Before you go hunting how about helping me see what's in the kitchen. After all, I'm hungry too." 

A quick trot downstairs and he was in the kitchen. It didn't take long for him to find thing like eggs and bread. He took a frying pan and cracked the eggs over top of it. A small flame quickly appeared underneath it. At the same time he took the bread and another flame began to toast it. He didn't bother useing things like the stove because it would have taken a lot longer to figure out how to use one. As Galagus was cooking, Flax gave him a look as to say 'Where's my food.' "Nope, sorry buddy. I don't see any meat for ya. Kinda sucks that us ponies are mostly herbevoirs. Don't worry, soon as I get done with this you can go do your hunting." He said.

It was soon done and he had a simple meal of eggs and toast. Flax gave him another stare as he sat down in a chair. "Yeah, yeah, go already. There no one who's gonna harm me here." Galagus said as he opened the window. The bird quickly took off to the skies.

As Flax was flying, he passed over Ponyvill where he saw something familiar. The strange blue furless pony, walking through the street. He was a nice pony, maybe he had something for him. Flying down, he landed on top of his horn once more. 

@Taykillz 

Tec would, of course, be surprised by the phoenix landing on his horn. He was pretty on edge, and didn't expect an attack from above. after a second of looking at the phoenix, what was rather difficult, considering it was on his horn, he noticed who's it was. "Huh. aren't you called... Flax, if i remember right? where's your owner?" He would say, half to himself, half to the bird. He still continued on hos medium paced walk through the street, not really wanting to stop. "If you want anything from me, i don't think i have anything..." he would add, stopping and looking through a couple of compartments on his sides, what open as he reaches for them. after searching through them thoroughly, he would close them "Nothing... Well, nothing a bird would be interested in, anyways. Sorry, friend." he would add afterwards, taking a glance down an approaching alleyway. Empty, like all the others... Maybe he was just being over cautious? He turned his attention back to the phoenix, not really knowing what to do about it.

@Latios

Flax gave a depressed caw when he didn't have anything. Though he didn't mention wondering where Galagus was. Maybe he wanted to see him? As a bird he couldn't really ask if he wanted to or not. Only Galagus truly could understand him. Well, unless somepony else came along and could as well. So instead he had to try something different. Landing in front of him. He flicked his head a few times towards the location he just flew from. Maybe he would understand.

@Taykillz

Tec would nod, understanding what the bird was getting at "you phoenixes are smarter than you look, huh?" he would comment with a slight smile "I guess I'll head that way then, you want to lead the way?" he would ask, setting off in the direction to where the bird was signalling him to go, stalling slightly if they wanted to come with him or not. He still avoided alleyways and side streets as he went, though, suspicion getting the better of him.

@Latios

Flax flew ahead leading the way stopping at a on flag poles and such to allow him to catch up. While showing the furless pony the way he also kept an eye out for anything he could eat. Weather it be a mouse or a rat there was bound to be something to grab along the way.

@Taykillz

Dashing out of an alleyway, running across the street ahead of both of them, was a rather black, furry and plump rat, dashing for another alley on the opposite side of the street. It let out a squeak of terror as it spotted the Phoenix perched on a flagpole and made a mad dash for the other side of the street, only noticing the Phoenix when it was half across the street.

Eventually the two made it to their destination, the house where Galagus was, he didn't really know either to knock or not, though. What if he was sleeping and the bird had managed to open a window to escape to freedom? He paused outside the door for a second, rather awquardly, and knocked at the door afterwards, though the knock wasn't really that loud. He hoped he wasn't asleep, or if he was he didn't wake him.

@Latios

Though the rat was fast, Flax was made to catch such critters. With a swift swoop, the vermin was in his talons and was quickly killed. He carried it with him, eating just a little bit more every time he stopped to let Tec catch up. 

When they hey arrived at the house Flax quickly flew back through the open window. This allowed Galagus, who was done eating by now, to navigate the house again and reach the door. "Oh, hey Tec. What are you doing here. Did you follow Flax here or something."

@Taykillz

"yeah, they led me here. Quick question, just want your honest opinion, do you think it's pointless to keep chasing something you've been looking for for a while? Like, as in a while a while, not like a few days." Tec would ask, mostly because he can't decide himself. the concept of actually compeltely taking control of orders, guidelines, rules and so on for himself terrified him. He knew he could override a load of rules easily, but he didn't want to, just in case there were unforeseen consequences and so on. "i hadn't really seen a phoenix before, as well. They seem more intelligent than other animals i've seen.

@Latios

Last edited by a moderator:
(According to the show, bears can have tea parties, but that's unrealistic)

"Well, Phenoix's are some of the most intelligent animals out there. I'm no animal expert but as far as I've seen, he can do a lot more thinking than what most animals can." He said. "As for your first question. I say of there still hope. Go for it, it's have I've been doing for the past couple of years."

@Taykillz

"alright, thanks for that. So, how have you been since i got attacked and left for dead by one of those weird things? i've been alright. managed to fix my voice and all, but not got much else done besides that" He would reply and ask in return, looking over his shoulder once again, down the road. Still nobody, just like the last few hours or so. Systems at full efficiency, energy levels at 86%, he could probably wonder around for 3-4 days and nights, not including any use of magic, however. Tec just shuffled his feet slightly awkwardly, waiting for a reply. It's not that he could feel the cold, but he knew it was a cold night, the sky practically cloudless except a few. "maybe i should come in before you let all of the heat out of the house?" he would ask after a small pause from his last sentence.

@Latios

"This isn't my house but by all means come in." He said moving out of the way. As they went inside, Galagus began to work on the mess he had made from eating. "Things have been better that's for sure. I've been able to sleep in a bed for once now so I've been getting very good sleep. Not to mention a temporary home until I can find a way to sustain my own living area."

@Taykillz

@Anonmare

Luna was following Adali, though the mare didn't know it. Not only was Luna invisible, but she was also in the sky so she made almost no sound at all. She had been watching Adali for a few hours, observing her movements, her social interactions, seeing if she caused trouble. Nothing terrible so far. Now she just had to see if Adali still had her mean streak. 

Luna landed right behind Adali, completely silent... She was the Goddess of the Night after all. She can be pretty damned quiet. She dropped her invisibility... And then reached out with one hoof and shoved Adali to the ground.

This was the test. How quick on the draw was Adali? Would she immediately attack, or would she be able to restrain herself until she determined how much force she needed to use?

@Dreamweaver

Adali felt eyes upon her, the back of her neck prickled and itched like someone running a heated rod over it and her paranoia was in full swing. Under her thick, dark cloak she consciously memorised where her dagger was, it'd be crude but one could hardly deny the effectiveness that a sharp bit of metal had against the unprepared. And she thought it a wise investment considering her checker-coloured history, not that she was ashamed of anything she had done – She was completely justified in her own eyes.

She felt a shove, knocking her off balance and sent her careening into the ground. Her mind didn't have the time to process the how and why and, in a brief panic, she quickly drew the blade and slashed at who or whatever dared to try and take advantage of her being alone. She wasn't aiming her dagger at anywhere in particular, she was simply trying to dissuade any follow-up attacks. The blade hit something and she quickly got to her hooves.

“There's more where that's coming fr-” Adali stopped mid-threat to see who it is exactly she just slashed at and immediately felt like she had made a huge mistake. Like an alchemist who just noticed his bottle start growing hot and bubbly. “P-Princess Luna! W-Why, what a lovely surprise!” She said, quickly hiding her weapon as though the Princess of the Night had an incredibly short memory. "What can I do for you this night?" She asked hesitantly. Were this anyone else, Adali would probably have chewed them out for pushing her but you simply don't insult the Princess. "

You'd have to be suicidally stupid to do that.

@Anonmare

"Oh why thank you Adali, I am doing quite well! I see that you are still quick to attack... No restraint? But it is the night time, and you are alone, so perhaps this one is my fault." Luna says with a slight smile, before sending out her magic to brighten up the moon just a bit, allowing Adali to see things more clearly. Unfortunately for Adali, Luna did not have that short of a memory. She had a rather good memory, in fact. 

"Can I see your dagger?" she asks, before just taking it from Adali and inspecting it. It was bent at almost a 90 degree angle. Adali had managed to hit her... It just did way more damage to the dagger than it did to Luna. "Haha, well, this is useless now, so to the closest galaxy with that dagger!" She says as the dagger disappears. A second later and a different dagger appears.

It looked like pic: 

1fc35c39d5c8f49d32222d0fa8f72bf3.jpg

"That is a vampiric dagger. Mildly enchanted, made it myself. Steals the life-force of those you hit. Figure that it's right up your alley! Here, take it.." She shoves it towards Adali. It was glowing a faint red, which would cease when sheathed. "With that sort of weapon you might even be able to cut me! Isn't that exciting? Every good demon summoner needs a good magic weapon."

@Dreamweaver

Adali hadn't noticed how bent out of shape her dagger had been, though perhaps her first clue should have been the fact that it bounced off instead of kept going through but she could forgive herself for being distracted. “Well as you might imagine I have a lot of reason to be on my guard. Especially when I am alone. At night.” Adali dead-panned, she already tried to stab the Moon Princess so she figured that if Luna was willing to overlook that she was willing to overlook a little sarcasm.

She took hold of the dagger Luna had made for her with a fair amount of dubiousness and suspicion, why would she just giver her a better dagger to her out of the blue like that? She didn't believe in altruism for the sake of altruism, especially giving a pony like herself a weapon. Was this a test? A trick? Was the dagger cursed?

She resolved to inspect it later.

“Yes well. I had one of my own but as you might imagine, weapon possession is frowned upon when you were originally slated for the dungeon cells...” She replied, though of course there was still the elephant in the room to address... “At any rate. I'm not stupid enough to think that you came to see me to give me a present so you must be here to check up on me.” Adali reasoned, pointing out that nopony, least of all a Princess, would seek her out just for a friendly chat. “I think you're here to see if I've been on 'good behaviour', am I wrong?” Adali asked, one eyebrow raised over amber eye. "Because Lucian himself can tell you that I haven't acted out of line." She added, brushing her fiery red mane to one side.

@Anonmare

"You know, if you asked Celestia if I was a 'well behaved' pony, she would say yes and turn a blind eye to the war I caused 1000 years ago which led to numerous innocent deaths." Luna said with an arched eyebrow right in response to Adali's own arched eyebrow. "My point, Adali, is that those who love us are often not a reliable judge of character. So forgive me for wanting to know for myself, but I have been watching you, both awake and in your dreams, and I want to be sure that I made no mistake in letting you live that night."

That was a thinly veiled threat. But so far Luna had shown no open hostility save for that testing shove, and did not seem perturbed in the slightest. "As it stands, I believe there's a chance for you to redeem yourself. You're not too far gone. Trust me, I am a fantastic judge of character in this sense."

Luna motions for Adali to walk alongside her as the two walk back to Ponyville.

"for once? are you homeless or something? Wouldn't expect someone like you to be in such a place in the world..." Tec would reply, it seemed always that the nicer people were in the worst walks of life. Though, it's not like he had a house, either. "at least you're coming across better times now." he would add, looking around a little.

@Latios

“You know, were you anypony else I'm sure the phrase 'watching you while you're awake and in your dreams' would sound very creepy.” Adali commented, trying not to think about if the Princess of the Night had seen anything that would give her any more leverage over her than she already had. “And what do you mean by 'love', exactly?” Adali questioned, the phrase only just now hitting her. “Because while I'm willing to call Lucian a... Friend, I doubt he'd go that far for me. His job is to be my parole officer after all, more or less.” Adali added, pointing out that it would probably conflict with his duties to be buddy-buddy with her.

She knew and understood the threat well and dared not question or contest that particular point. You didn't need to tell her twice about what would happen if she stepped way out of line, she could push and bend that line but if she ever broke it she knew that heads were going to roll and it would be hers.

As they walked to Ponyville, Adali noticed the absence of anypony about – usually these streets would have one or two lingerers but tonight it seems that the streets were completely absent. “So what do you get out of this? 'Helping' me I mean. Lucian says that he does it because it would be the right thing but I don't buy that, nopony would go out of their way for somepony else so I'm curious as to why.” Adali asked, wanting to know what Luna's angle was. She just couldn't figure it out...

"Yeah, I am without a home. My disability and myself being so young makes it hard to obtain a job." He said "But hey, things are turning around some. I found a nice pony who let me stay with them untill I could find one."

@Taykillz

@Anonmare

"Parole officer?" Luna asks, clearly not understanding what such a thing was. "No, he's a paladin." She says quite matter-of-factly, as if that explained everything. "He doesn't control you. I control you. He's merely helping you along. Helping you become something more than just a petty demon summoner. We can all be something more." Luna says with a smile on her face.

That should have answered Adali's question, but Luna decided to explain herself anyway. "My job is very simple, Adali. My sister handles the politics, and I handle the warfare. Every night I have three jobs; from the hours of roughly 7 until 12, I hold night court. Any later than that and nobody shows up. From 12 until 4, I tend to the dreams of ponies and other living creatures within Equestria's borders. From 4 until 6 or 7, I hunt. I hunt for monsters, bandits, anything that would do harm to my citizens. If they cannot be negotiated with peacefully, I put them down. During one of those late night hunts, I came across you. I think there's more for you than a life of demonic servitude. And, make no mistake Adali, you are the servant in those cases. You only feel like you're in charge. That's what demons do."

"The only reason you're alive is because you're a pony who I believe to be lost. I'd like to see you become a helpful member of society, and I know Lucian wants that as well." Luna pauses for a moment before playfully adding, "Oh and don't think that you two are just friends. I've seen both your dreams and oh my sister are they not tame."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back