Age of Exploration

"Oh, well I guess that's out of the book then. I don't know then. Its hard to do any job when you can't see what's happening  in front of you at all times."

@Avedon

@Latios

"Hmm...well lets not think on what you can't do as well at other ponies and think of what only you can do. Or at least what you can do compared to other unicorns. I mean your phoenix can fly can't he so you can see above things?" 

"Well...Ya, I guess. But its only to a point. If flax gets too far away I lose connection. However wouldn't a Pegasus be better for that."

@Avedon

@Latios

"Mnnyeah maybe but hey we're working with what we got remember? Think positively!" she laughs and ruffles up his mane, "Well then what about...what are your talents?" 

@Dreamweaver

(Continued from the old thread, November 7th, Page 34)

Celestia hadn't seen this side of Luna before, or at least, hadn't seen it since pre-banishment and that was when she was under the Nightmare's thrall. She watched in surprise as Luna destroyed the gate to the bandit hideout in such an over-the-top manner that the bandits who were hiding behind it get killed either by the concussive force of the blast or the shrapnel from wooden fragments and splinters. The old stonework crumbled too from the blast, though the old castle had been built to last – even it could not withstand the magic Luna was throwing out for very long.

Celestia also noticed the darkening of her sister's fur and her completely callous laughter and decided that she needed to get Luna to calm down before she ends up destroying the castle completely. Which wasn't an option as the bandits might have prisoners in the old dungeons and she knew Luna wouldn't want to harm innocents.

“Luna, look at me.” Celestia said, quickly marching in front of her. She really didn't want Luna to do something she might regret. “Calm down before you keep going, there's no need to toss that kind of magic around, there might be innocents inside.” Celestia reasoned, pointing out that the bandits might have hostages for ransom.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Anonmare

Luna stops as Celestia comes marching around in front of her. Celestia would find a pair of slitted teal eyes staring back at her, with a mixture of amusement and confusion. The darker side of her thought that it was hilarious that Celestia would try to stop her... But the normal side of her thought it was confusing that Celestia would try to stop her. Was she doing something wrong? Blowing apart the door wasn't that bad was it? Surely she could have done worse and just blown the castle itself to pieces.

It wasn't until Luna looked down, and back, that she realized why Celestia was acting like this. She was met by a sight of pitch black fur, and leathery bat-like wings upon her back. She sent her tongue out over her teeth, and was less that surprised when she cut her own tongue upon the pointed fangs. She couldn't see her eyes, but she knew without a doubt that they had changed.

Luna... Didn't seem very worried. She had apparently already known about this. Thankfully Celestia had managed to get to Luna while the mare was still slightly there. Ever so slowly, the darkness overtaking her blue fur recedes, and a few seconds later she is back looking like normal. "My apologies. I thought I could control myself better. If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate you going first from now on."

Expellix hopped along the outskirts of Ponyville, though there was a bit less of a bounce in his step. He paused for a moment to bring one of the books he was holding telekinetically around to his front, scanning his eyes over the front of it again. Some dark grimoire he had managed to find out in the middle of that 'Everfree Forest' all the ponies were talking about. They all seemed to have an extreme fear of the place, and he could actually understand why; it was a rather dangerous and perilous place to be. He even found a home inside there that somebody seemed to be living in... he didn't stick around long enough to find out. Out of his thousand years of living, he came to learn this; you DON'T stick your nose in crazy.

DON'T STICK YOUR NOSE IN CRAZY, EXPELLIX.

This was his thought as he stared at the tome. It didn't even have cover art like most modern books, nor did it have anywhere on its bindings a name. When he had peeked inside of the book at its pages, somewhere in the middle of it, he had found some diagram that looked suspiciously like a ritual to sacrifice a pony. It was at that point he decided that he probably shouldn't take this thing with him and that he probably should forget that he had even seen it. Ever. But his curiosity got the best of him. Here he was now, holding it in front of his muzzle, wondering what he should do with it.

He continued walking until he managed to smash his face into the book, and the book into the door of some random house. He promptly dropped both objects and started swearing like a sailor under his breath, clutching his snout in agony.

@Dreamweaver

@Deathrattle BB

The door to the house swings open to reveal a cyan colored mare standing there. She had a raised eyebrow, a frown on her face, and her mane done up in a towel. She had obviously just got done washing up and had come to the door when she heard a thud. She tapped her hoof on the ground slightly and then just shook her head. "Are you one of Fluttershy's friends?" She asked, not really hearing the swearing. "If so, you can go tell her for the hundredth time that, no, I do not want to come over for tea."

She pauses when she sees the book on the ground. It my not have looked like anything, but she could clearly see the aura of dark magic coming from the book. A split second later and it was in the air, hovering in front of her. "... And what are you doing with this? This is dangerous."

Expellix was also just as promptly smacked in the snout and sent spinning a foot away from the impact of the door opening. He laid on the ground, muttering something about his mother before managing to shake off his stupor and getting up, dusting off his fur. He was just not having a good day thus far, was it "Everything Hit Expellix" Day? He'd have to check the calendar... He looked up at Trixie, holding his sore muzzle.

"What? I don't even know who that is-" he paused at her second commented. "I don't even like tea!" He exclaimed. He looked positively livid but only because his face was in indescribable pain right now. "And, no, I found that out in the Everfree Forest... who the heck are you, anyways?"

@Dreamweaver

@Dreamweaver

“We'll... We'll talk about this afterwards.” Celestia said concernedly, this was the first time she had seen this happen to her sister and the way her sister casually dismissed it was concerning to her. Not that she was worried that her sister was consorting with otherwordly powers again, but rather that the Nightmare had left a permanent mark on her. One that she had neglected to tell Celestia about. She did agree with Luna's advice about her taking the lead from now on.

Inside the castle bandit hideout, there was a distinct lack of guards, Celestia put it down to most of them either having been killed in their initial assault with the rest retreating into a more defensible position. She mentally told Luna to watch their rear and to keep an eye open for traps, specifically ones the bandits put down and not the ones already here. If Celestia were the bandit leader, shed have retreated to the vault treasury room, it was the best defended location in the castle with only one way in – making it a natural chokepoint.

Of course, they could always make their own entrance if need be...

Go to the floor above the vault, I can almost guarantee your the rest of them will be in there. When I give the word, blast through the floor as hard as you can.” Celestia advised Luna telepathically, suggesting a two sided attack. She didn't expect the bandits to be prepared for an attack from above and assumed they would give up once they realised they were outflanked and outmatched.

@Deathrattle BB

If Trixie cares at all that he was in pain, she doesn't show it. "My name is Trixie Lulamoon." She says while cracking the book open and scanning through the pages. She was hesitant to use her magic to flip the pages, she didn't want the book to latch onto her magical signature, so she actually physically used her hoof to flip through the pages. After a few seconds she closed the book and looked down at the bunny on the ground. "This, friend, is a very powerful book concerning the study of dark magic. I would highly suggest you not toy with it. Dark magic can and will kill you."

@Anonmare

Luna just nods and makes her way to the area above the vault. It was about 2 feet of solid stone... Not a problem. Just like Celestia had anticipated, there were absolutely no guards anywhere to be seen. Luna made her way up to the vault with little to no interference. But, when leaning down and putting her ear against the stone floor, her incredibly acute senses could pick up movement down there. 7 enemies left? Barely a fight.

"Change of plans. You go on my mark." Luna says telepathically to Celestia. The lunar princess then fades away into a puddle of darkness, which floats between the cracks in the floor and drips down to the vault below.

A great darkness fills the vault room, to the point where the mortal bandits couldn't see anything. If that wasn't bad enough, the darkness began to cloud their minds, infecting it slowly with a living nightmare. By the time the darkness faded away a few seconds later, all the bandits were going slightly insane and beginning to tear into each other.

Luna was just sitting in the corner, sipping tea and watching the bandits murder each other over hallucinations. "You can come in now, Tia."

Expellix groaned lightly. "Unless you ponies kill me first..." he said, using his magic to snatch the book back from the mare. It floated above him with another tome, but this one was just some textbook on magical applications and such, the kind you would see in magic school. Sighing quietly, he figured that he might as well tell his name as well. He glared up at Trixie, finally noticing her horn. He backed away, a look of fear crossing his face. "Fu... my name is E-Expellix." He said hesitantly, his eyes locked onto her horn. All those terrible experiences with them were coming back to him now. "I wasn't planning on actually reading it, just... finding somewhere better than out in the middle of the woods for it. Wouldn't want any unicorn to find it and do bad things with it." He growled out the word 'unicorn'. He obviously had some bias towards them.

@Dreamweaver

@Deathrattle BB

Trixie just smirks and leans down to stare into Expellix's eyes. "Nice to meet you, Expellix. Although you seem rather jumpy, even for a bunny. And what is that I hear in your tone? Hatred?" she lets out an airy laugh and shakes her head. "You've got something against unicorns, haven't you? Can't really say that comes as a surprise. Talking, magical rabbits don't occur naturally. So what was it? Torture? Horrible experimentation? Ooo did they take your innards out and replace them with magical ones?!"

Expellix furrowed his brows, glaring up at Trixie spitefully. Who did this pony think they were? Regardless, there wasn't any point in not answering them. "Horrible experimentation, torture, and one tried to do that last one ," he hissed through his teeth at her. All fear seemed to leave him suddenly and he stood up straighter. "Every unicorn I've come across thus far has wanted to do some inane studies on me, 'for science' or whatever. I had enough of you unicorns after Starswirl."

@Dreamweaver

@Deathrattle BB

The smile never leaves her face. But the name Starswirl gives her pause. That was either the wrong name the bunny was referring too, or there was even more to this bunny than meets the eye. "... Starswirl? Like, Starswirl the Bearded? That's highly unlikely. How old are you, Expellix?" She asks with an arched eyebrow.

Expellix turned his head up to the sky in thought. "Well, uh... according to Luna when I managed to accidentally run into a princess of all ponies when I got chased into Ponyville..." he tilted his head down to the ground in thought, trying to remember. It occurred to him after a moment and he snapped his fingers, pointing one at Trixie. "Somewhere over a thousand years!" He chirped.

@Dreamweaver

@Deathrattle BB

Trixie looked rather unbelieving right now. A thousand year old bunny? That was rather difficult to comprehend, let alone accept as fact. But, for now, she would give him the benefit of the doubt. "Uhhh huh. So, lets say for a minute that you aren't lying. You are actually 1000 years old. Why are you just now beginning to develop your magical abilities? Most creatures begin doing that as soon as they can."

Expellix twitched his ears, staring at her with a bit of impatience. So many questions. His eyes changed color right before her; green and blue. "I've had them for most of that time. Exactly how far do you expect a bunny to get magically, without any proper training, with magic?" He shook his head. "Not to mention, 3 things; unicorns kept trying to capture me, so I had to evade ponies in general. I also had no money, so I couldn't get a teacher even if I wanted to. Third, I'm still an animal and have been living in the wilderness for that millennium. Use your brain, Trixie, I really doubt it is a difficult conclusion to come to."

@Dreamweaver

"My talent is mainly fire magic. I'm not sure what my extents are because I've never tried to see how much I can do and what esle I could learn."

@Avedon

@Latios

"Well maybe you can work at a blacksmithy? I mean you'd just need to develop....aloooot of muscles...and make sure you dont hammer your hand >.>" 

@Latios

((Sorry hoof, forgot xD)) 

"You could also perform magic tricks with your bird buuuut you know...I never heard of a street-magician living well so that probably doesn't work. Don't let it bother you too much Gal, you'll find something eventually.  Even if its just a tiny little job." 

"I know, I know. It's just that now that I have some hope again I can't stop thinking about it. It's like if I stop pressing away at it, it's going to disappear."

@Avedon 

@Latios

"Well hell, Ive been awake all night reaping souls, if I can find a job doign that, then im sure you can get something...also I REALLLY need to sleep o.o" 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back