Age of Exploration

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

"Yeah, I've noticed," Starlight replied in an attempt at a dissapointed tone, but dammit, she couldn't stay mad at Trixie. "At least it's wearing off now, and I'll be watching you from now on to make sure that you can, and do, quit any time you want. For now, let's just enjoy this date, and yes, it's a date."

---

"That's a very good idea!" Cadence answered, her face brightening up with the realisation that Luna wasn't going to stop her, or claim that other things were more important. Luna was right, however, fruit trees and vegetables would have to take priority over ordinary flowers, for a while, at least.

"I'll find her later and ask her. In the meantime, how're you, Luna? After that whole Griffinstone Business?" she asked in a delicate tone.

GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus
It was a cool night in Canterlot, a gentle breeze rolling overtop of the hills. While Expellix would normally be holed up in a... well, hole in the ground, or honing his skills in the Lunar Guards training grounds, he decided to simply take a breather for tonight. Every rabbit needed some fresh air eventually, even if he was a very unusual specimen of one.

So instead of training he found himself simply sitting on top of the various roofs of Canterlot, watching ponies down below from the shadows, or watching the moon and stars. While he always had a fascination with astronomy, being closer to Luna simply made things easier. He had not an inkling of understanding concerning how she did anything with the sky, but he had to say, it was beautiful. Stargazing was a favorite pastime when he wasn't preoccupied.

Yet his eyes caught a particular figure down below, a pony he recognized. Crouching at the edge of the roof, bunching his legs, he launched himself off the side, coming to land neatly next to Leper. Rabbits got hops boyo. "You're out late." He said, standing up straight. "What'cha doin'?"

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Leper had been out late, enjoying the cool night's air, and the gently breeze the rolled through the streets. With it being so empty, she actually wasn't wearing her mask, and was letting the cool air caress her face gently, sighing through her teeth happily, enjoying her pleasant time alone.

Then she heard the pads of a rabbits feet land next to her, and she looked over at Expellix, "Hello." She'd say through her teeth, her smil... face a... Um... Sight to behold.

She'd look back to the street, continuing to trot along, "The night is cold, Expellix, as I'm sure you can tell, and the air is pleasant on my flesh." She'd say, giving a raspy chuckle, looking back at him, "Thank you again for helping with my problem, it hurts much less now." She'd say. If she could smile, she would. The muscles in her face tugged and knitted together, likely from a reflex of trying.

Expellix nodded, giving her a smile. He seemed much more relaxed than usual. "Sure. Come to me again if it ever starts hurting again, I'm more than willing to do some more." He offered pleasantly. With nobody else around and he actually knew Leper, there wasn't much reason to try and hide his happy mood.

If anybody asked that would be his excuse anyway.

The mention of the night being cold did not fall on deaf ears. Expellix could feel it particularly in his cold ear tips, which seeing as how sensitive they were, was more annoying than simply cold paws. They were what regulated his heat. "Cold, but not too cold for me yet, not that I really hibernate anymore. Something I just grew out of after the first hundred years of magic."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

Leper would nod, "Hibernation is something for weak animals." She'd say. It was a compliment to him specifically for not being weak, "Of course, other rabbits are very weak, and can't hold a candle to you." She'd say, chuckling, "Have you ever thought of rallying them together, and make a nation of your own, one under the rule of a rabbit?" She'd ask, clearly joking. Personally, she thought that would get out of control extremely fast.

Walking along, she'd notice some guards patrolling, and hoping to avoid a repeat of the last time, she put on her mask, sitting back on the stone, slowly going about putting it on her head. Expellix couldn't imagine how it stayed on her head... Magic most likely.

She'd stand, and start to trot again, looking at him, "Now I am curious, why are you out so late at night." She'd say, looking at him.

Expellix paused slightly, his gaze snapping to her in surprise at the compliment. He just completely froze up for a moment. Was he really so used to being badmouthed by Luna that he didn't know how to take a compliment anymore? That was a tad bit sad. Once his momentary shock was over, he just blinked and kept walking, speeding up a bit to catch up with her.

"I... well... thanks, I suppose." He replied half-heartedly, scratching the back of his head. "But I'm not really a leader type. Rallying people... that's more for Avedon and the princesses. I don't qualify." Hell, he barely interacted with others as it was. He made a mockery of another rabbit by raising them up for shits and giggles once. He had no business even considering such a thing.

Best just to let nature run its course rather than try to change it himself. He noticed the guards as well but seeing as lunar guards were there, they wouldn't bother either of them. They were fully aware of him being Princess Luna's apprentice. While it didn't have any authority in of itself, it did at least command a small amount of respect.

Expellix shrugged at her. "Relaxing, stargazing a bit. It takes my mind off things." A lot of things in reality, none of which he wanted to speak of. "I've been nocturnal for a while now. I don't need to sleep as much as everybody else due to some, uh... unforeseen side effects. I'm not living nor dead if you can believe that."

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof

"Oh, believe me, I can believe it, when you look like your face has been melted away, and can still live like that, you learn that certain things are more possible than others." She'd pointed, looking at him, somehow looking very bemused.

She'd chuckle, looking back to the path, "Of course, at least meeting Princess Luna was better than I expected. I was very surprised by her personality, compared to her Royal Fat-Ass." She'd say, well within ear shot of the nightguard, as they were literally trotting past them. Both of them didn't say a thing, but one did look at Leper, narrowing his eyes.

Trotting past, she'd chuckle again, before sighing, "Of course, I do have to wonder about some of the people that traveled with us, such as Greg... He was... Interesting." She'd say, being polite.

"It has made things pretty different. Sleep isn't much of an issue, although I do still need it. I don't get as hungry or thirsty as before... I try to do both as much as normal still. With my line of work, testing the boundaries of my body doesn't seem very attractive." Expellix pursed his lips. "I also fucked myself up in the attractiveness category too. I used to be a white rabbit, you know."

Good thing he was still a tiny adorable fluffball.

Though, at the quip for Celestia, he lightly punched her leg. "Hey, you shouldn't talk about Princess Celestia like that. At least not while there are guards around." He tried to sound serious but there was a grin on his face and he looked like he was trying not to laugh. "But, ah, Luna is cool. Literally and figuratively. She looked fairly grumpy when we caught her. Understandable, given that giant line of bat ponies. Bunch of flankholes."

At Greg, he shrugged. "Gotta hand it to him; more foolhardy than courageous, he did step up to the plate unlike the rest of his kin. I respected that a lot."

Users who are viewing this thread