Age of Exploration

@Dreamweaver

“I couldn't really think of the best time to broach the subject...” Celestia admitted, checking around the Everfree with a quick scan to make sure that they weren't about to be ambushed or eavesdropped on. The only results of her scan were a mixture of alive and dead trees, some foliage and one or two ordinary woodland critters who had other things on their mind to really concern themselves with the affairs of the two Princesses – not that they'd truly understand at any rate. Satisfied with her surroundings, she continued.

“You say this has been happening before? For how long exactly?” Celestia asked curiously, though it was a cautious curiosity. Luna could see Celestia's concern and while Luna's unconcernedness put her slightly at ease – the ivory-furred alicorn could not help but worry over her sister. It wasn't like she was being unreasonable bout it, when you consider their history.

She didn't want to dance around the subject and she was sure neither did Luna. “Has it been since you come back? Because, you look a lot like you-know-who.” Celestia said, not giving Nightmare the privilege of a name. She was, as far as Celestia was concerned, the source of all their problems.

"well, i don't think i can help with any job- related decisions or stuff, I don't really know that many jobs outside the basics, what do you want to do as a job?" Tec would reply, giving a shrug. "I can't imagine all jobs excluding blind people"

@Latios

"Getting a job is hard for two reasons. Not just because I'm blind. Number one, most jobs require me to be able to see what's happening in front of me. And with Flax always doing his own thing, it's almost impossible. Two, I don't have a very large skill set."

@Taykillz

"Alright then, what are you good at? I mean, every pony has their 'special talent' and all that, it should be pretty easy? I mean, i don't know exactly how it works, but you must have something?"

@Latios

"Mine is Pyro Magic. Mostly things like Fire Manipulation. And my other ability of being able to see through the eyes of other beings."

@Taykillz 

"Right. Do you have a job in mind? Cause' we will end up just walking through ponyville without a destination if you don't." Tec would say with a slight mumble to his voice, the wlk back wasn't as far as he thought it would be, and it wasn't long before they had made it back to the main street, if you could call it that, of ponyville.

@Latios

@Dreamweaver

Near the outskirts of Equestria, not too far from the frontier of the Undiscovered West, Adali and Lucian made their camp. This far out into the sticks, big towns and cities were non-existent with only the odd village and hamlet connected by dirt pathways worn down by continuous use and the occasional stone road between major travel routes. Lawlessness and monsters were more commonly found out here, on the peripherals of the Princesses' vision and far outside the Royal Guard's scope they could survive and thrive.

Of course, it also ensured there wasn't a lack of problems for the two Unicorns to solve even if one of them would rather be anywhere but here. “I never thought I'd say it but I miss Ponyville, 'quaint' and 'rustic' as it was.” Adali said using words that were only polite on the surface to describe, in her eyes, the underdeveloped and traditional town.

She poked and prodded a stick at their 'meal', if she could call it that, bubbling away in a pot above the campfire. Two months of travel from Ponyville to the west had put her in something of a bad mood, though that wasn't unusual for her. Their campsite had all the tents, charms, traps and amenities two adventurers could need with Adali's tent being noticeably more extravagant. “Are you sure we couldn't check the Everfree out one more time? I'm sure Princess Luna wouldn't mind a second and third pair of hooves.” Adali suggested, somewhat put out that they were in somewhere unfamiliar to her.

She'd have preferred to go to Appleloosa, she hated the cold but loved the heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Anonmare

"There are settlers out here who need our help, Adali." Lucian says with a little shake of his head. His horn lit up and scooped up some of the soup from the pot, putting it in a bowl and passing it to Adali. It was made of a variety of herbs, spices, and was not bad tasting at all. To Lucian, at least. Adali had slightly more complex tastes. "With the Changelings gone, this is a time for expansion. Princess Luna has already sent a regiment of guards and craftsmen up this way in hopes of setting up a town in the untamed west. They will no doubt require help with the various monsters here. That's not even including the ponies who already lived up here in small villages."

Lucian sips at his soup and hums contently while his horn glows and sets the now empty pot off to the side. "I am sure there is coin to be had, too. Folks are always willing to part with a few bits if it means monsters are no longer a problem."

@Dreamweaver

Adali perks up at the mention of bits, like a filly meeting their childhood hero. “Oh well in which case it is our moral duty and for the good of all Equestria to help these poor, suffering settlers against those who wish to harm and-or take advantage of them.” Adali said with mock pride, probably having learned to emulate Lucian's manner of speech to make a dig at him. “It's not that I'm opposed to helping ponies, I like the opportunity to use my magic believe it or not. It's much better than being a po-dunk, two-bit magician with a flashy outfit and a sparkling smile for one.” She added, before Lucian made some remark about her greed.

She just liked being given what she was due is all.

Though some might say that, by her own logic, she deserves worse punishment and she grew sour again as she accepted the bowl in her magical grip. She glared at it suspiciously, as though it were alive and merely waiting for an opportunity to jump out at her. “I also like being paid. I have a lifestyle to maintain you know.” She said, pointing to her mane, tent and travelling outfit by order of cheapest to most expensive. “And with how... Generous you are, I don't think you could maintain my lifestyle. Somepony has to be the breadwinner here.” She said with a teasing titter.

@Anonmare

"If I weren't here, you'd already be the slave of a group of bandits. Look at your outfit! It's worth more than most ponies make in a year. You're just asking to be robbed." Lucian says with a sigh and a shake of his head. Adali always did manage to annoy him, even when she was barely trying. "Regardless, that's not the point. The point is that we will find these towns and simply see if they require assistance. If all goes smoothly we should be back in Ponyville within 3 months. That's not so bad, is it? Although I have the sneaking suspicion that things will not go that smoothly. They never do with you around. Trouble magnet."

Lucian looked upwards at the sky where the sun was beginning to peak over the horizon. "We should be going soon I think. Pack up camp and lets be on our way. Perhaps by tonight we can even find a small village to take refuge in, then we will not have to worry about being ambushed in the middle of the night."

@Dreamweaver

Adali let out a haughty laugh. “Puh-lease! As if any common bandit could make me a slave.” The fiery-red maned Unicorn dismissed. “And you fail to see the ingenuity of my outfit, though I suppose it's beauty is perhaps lost on you my dear, sweet Paladin.” Adali patronised, as though Lucian had said something incredibly stupid, he hadn't but that was besides the point for Adali. “You see, if there are any bandits on these routes, they won't be able to help themselves to try and rob me and you can show them how terrible a mistake that would be.” She reasoned, pointing to his sword, she didn't tap it because he might take that as a threat. As much as she made fun of him, she'd hate to be on the wrong side of the blade.

“Plus it's a small consolation in travelling in these abysmal conditions.” She added, which was more likely to be the real reason. “And I am 'not' a trouble magnet, you just have some sort of mental condition that forces you to drag us headfirst into danger. If anypony is a trouble magnet, it is you my knight in shining armour.” She said whilst rolling her eyes. She huffed at the idea of more travelling.

“Do you delight in tormenting me Luc?” Adali asked insincerely. “Or perhaps you just like making mares tired out.” Ashe added jokingly, she couldn't help herself but to make jabs at him. She liked seeing how thick his armour was, it was practically a game to her.

@Anonmare

Lucian completely ignores her jabs and just shakes his head. Her argument that he had a mental condition completely fell apart under what she had just said. He opens his mouth, tries to speak, goes silent again, and finally manages to say, "... You're dressed like that because you... Want bandits to try and rob us? Just so we can teach them a lesson? Not only are you a trouble magnet, but you have a mental condition which brings trouble unto us! You're not supposed to go looking for trouble, that's not how this works!"

He facehoofs hard enough to leave a red spot on his snout. "Here's an idea. If we do get robbed, it's all on you. I will whistle and walk away while they take all of your valuables. How does that sound, my little demon worshiper?" He asks with a raised eyebrow. "When we get into town, we are buying you clothes. Regular clothes like someone would wear while adventuring."

@Dreamweaver

Starlight was pottering round Ponyville after another friendship lesson. She was still a little awkward about receiving pleasantries from the friendly villagers. The locals only knew her as Twilight's student. Some even knew her as one of the heroes who saved Equestria from Chrysalis. Very few knew of her time as Mayor of Our Town. If they found out, they probably wouldn't be so chipper when she walked by. It didn't help that Starlight was terrible at small talk.

@Cyan Hide

As Starlight rounds a corner, she'd find herself face to face with a rather large stallion. Or rather, she'd find herself slamming into him as he was not paying much attention. He had nothing but a greatsword strapped to his back, though judging from his physique he also carried armor most of the time. He was taller than most, strongly built with jet black hair and a pure white coat. On his flank was a cutie mark which looked like a ray of light. There was also a straight, sharp horn on his head. "Apologies!" He said, while reaching down to offer a hoof to Starlight. "Sometimes I get lost in thought and pay no attention to where I am going. Are you okay?"

@Dreamweaver

She started to get up and brush herself off before seeing that he offered a hoof. It was too late to take it without being a little creepy, as she was halfway back up already. She chuckled and rubbed the back of her head. "No, that was my fault. And I'm fine, thanks. What about you?"

@Cyan Hide

"Well you didn't gore me with your horn by accident, so I'd say I am fine." He says with a smile while looking the mare over. Something about her seemed... Familiar. Hmm. And then it clicked! "Wait a minute, you're that hero mare, right? Starlight, right? The one who took down Queen Chrysalis?"

She saw him recognise her, and for an instant was terrified, but then heard him call her a hero. "Oh, yes. I wasn't the only one but I was there, yes. That's me. Starlight Glimmer. What's your name?"

@Cyan Hide

"My name is Lucian. Lucian Lightmender. Wandering paladin, just trying to help folks with their problems, be it bandits or monsters. It's an honor to meet you, Starlight Glimmer." He says with a low bow and a grin. "It's not often you meet one of the ponies responsible for ending a war."

@NevermoreStarsign

In the early hours of the morning, while the sun was just climbing over the horizon, a knock would sound from door of Twilight's... Tree/castle thing. Upon opening the door, Twilight would find a rather familiar face standing there. It was Trixie, wrapped in a cloak, wearing a hat and a scarf and still shivering in the cold morning breeze. There was a large snowfall happening right now, some of which had clung to Trixie's mane. December was in full swing and the cold breeze showed it. "H-H-Hi T-Twilight." Trixie said, mouth chattering from the cold weather. "May I c-come in? I was h-hoping to look through y-your library. I've outgrown the o-one in P-Ponyville."

@Dreamweaver

Twilight looks on with a slightly stunned expression, goggles on her forehead and a bit of machine oil smudged on her face, the two magitek sentries by the door regarding Trixie's presence with the usual lack of expression. Twilight eventually regains her composure, and gives Trixie an ocular pat-down of a sort. She stands there in highly awkward silence for several seconds, before brightening and holding the door open wide enough for Trixie to make her way inside.

"Yes, yes, come in, come in! It must be freezing out there for you. The weather ponies sure have been busy with all this snowfall!"

Idle chatter, complete! 

A roaring fire is busy happily heating the entry hall as Twilight gestures to a hat and scarf stand near the door absolutely bedecked in, on one end, some terrible fashion choices, and on the other, very obvious gifts from Rarity that compliment her much better. The entry hall has a few couches, chairs, and such that seem to see not that much use... Yet. 

@NevermoreStarsign

Trixie bows appreciatively and makes her way inside, though she shakes off the snow before she does so. Twilight's little pat down didn't get it all off, and she didn't want to track water into the Princess's castle. After making her way inside, Trixie takes off her hat, scarf and cape, magically dries them, and then hangs them up. "Wonderful place you have h-here." The mare says with still chattering teeth, although the warm fire was quickly heating her up. Eventually her teeth stop chatting and she says, "It must be quite the shock to the senses to go from living in a library, to living here in your very own castle. What does it feel like?" 

@Dreamweaver

Twilight keeps one eye on Trixie at all times, but otherwise makes herself right at home, as usual, spending a few moments tidying up some loose papers and a few poster cases near the door.

"I know! It's perfect! It's got everything I need out here. And it's been... A bit of an adjustment. It's much bigger here, and sometimes I still end up in some secret passage by accident, but it's becoming home more and more all the time!"

Twilight nods to Trixie.

"If you want to see the library, it's this way. But I have to ask you to not touch any of the projects in progress in there, okay? The book-o-tron can get kinda... Moody."

Twilight only waits for a moment before walking over there herself, occasionally checking to make sure Trixie is still where she should be, and not snooping or sabotaging or any other kind of mildly nefarious activity.

"well, i suppose it's entirely up to you. I don't think there's exactly... a shortage of jobs here? i mean, there are quite a few shops, a farm, you know. Shouldn't take too long to find a job? Where do you want to start?" Tec would say, looking around at the main street, it was lined with shops and so on, just about every other building  was a shop, and there was an assortment. Of course, it was beginning to get to the part of the morning where everyone was getting up, so there were a few more ponies in the street. and it is a lot more active than it was earlier. Shops were beginning to open and so on.

@Latios

(Sorry for not posting recently. IRL stuff catches up with you >.>)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back