• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aether: The Age of Light OOC [being rebooted]

Pai Chan Pai Chan

This is good. This is really good. I like it.
I think the only adjustments we'll have to talk about is 1) How her dad would have heard about the Elven God (It's been almost 700 years since the Lumen left, and they're the only really ones who knew about Ethena. (I think that's her name, I'm on my phone)

Perhaps, her Parents wanted to go to Merluminal and she wanted to stay? That could feed into her (current) disinterest in the Lumen and (potentially) have a confrontation a long way down the road. They left, she stayed.

This is simply a suggestion, as I don't think we have a Canon yet on how harsh the Church is about that sort of talk. If you wanna keep with it, I don't see a reason not to.

Overall it's great. Thank you. <3

Art is great too. Fits the vibe.

Last edited:
Pai Chan Pai Chan

This is good. This is really good. I like it.
I think the only adjustments we'll have to talk about is 1) How her dad would have heard about the Elven God (It's been almost 700 years since the Lumen left, and they're the only really ones who knew about Ethena. (I think that's her name, I'm on my phone)

Perhaps, her Parents wanted to go to Merluminal and she wanted to stay? That could feed into her (current) disinterest in the Lumen and (potentially) have a confrontation a long way down the road. They left, she stayed.

This is simply a suggestion, as I don't think we have a Canon yet on how harsh the Church is about that sort of talk. If you wanna keep with it, I don't see a reason not to.

Overall it's great. Thank you. <3

Art is great too. Fits the vibe.
ah, that's actually a great suggestion because i was kinda feeling like i needed some guidance in that particular area. some things i wasn't 100% sure on but that actually helps a bunch. I'll edit my CS when I comeback from work tonight. I got work in 5 1/2 hours and i haven't slept a wink yet because wisdom teeth pain. and i love the artist and was really glad i found this particular one. just a shame he hasn't done anymore of this particular character.

ah, that's actually a great suggestion because i was kinda feeling like i needed some guidance in that particular area. some things i wasn't 100% sure on but that actually helps a bunch. I'll edit my CS when I comeback from work tonight. I got work in 5 1/2 hours and i haven't slept a wink yet because wisdom teeth pain. and i love the artist and was really glad i found this particular one. just a shame he hasn't done anymore of this particular character.

fc4.gif

The issue with magic is that the fuel - mana - just isn't around anymore. The Lumen can use the earth itself, like their ancient ancestors but they're seriously weakened outside of their forest. Dwarves can become Mages yknow. Perhaps rune crafting is a Dwarven art.
Got it! Thanks for hearing out all my ideas, most likely will just go with Dwarves having more advanced tech, and perhaps a a portion of them clinging to ancestor worship if that sounds good to you.

Lefic Lefic
HEeeeeEyyy! So I've read Lyn's CS. Overall I can see it working but we are gonna have to make a few adjustments - with which I'm happy for us to talk it out.

Firstly, LOVE the idea of a group called the Enderach Explorers. I like the reason she dislikes her own species as well, there's good reasoning there and lots of development around the fact that she really just wants friends who wont abandon her. The fact she's super into ruins and exploration - even if its for selfish reasons - is good. And that she just stole from adventurers who did all the hard work. Also, please understand the nature of the "Calling" of the Forest. It's something of a racial thing - a quiet yearning. But it's not something all Elves do, and can be easily ignored by those who have no interest in going. She could have gone anytime - so perhaps instead, she tried to follow her friends earlier on and was rejected then? Same sort of thing, it just happened earlier in her life. I would also lower the amount of time she spent in the Wetlands before she had to leave, make it 2-3 days max rather than a week. It really is a horrible place. Bare in mind that the Wetlands will be an area characters can visit later on, but it's gonna be some time and require a lot of prep-work. Also how is she with swords and bows?

In terms of stuff that does need changing.
1) I love the art, it's wicked but it's too...much. It's too edgy and doesn't quite fit in with the vibe in Aether. I have a few examples if you're interested. Same goes for the theme, if you could go for something less Edgelord I'd be much happier.
2) You may have to lose the spark. (I'm not saying for defo yet) I've got to be strict on mages, and we already have a Female Elf with the healing ability.
3) Please remember to spell check. I'm not a hard ass or anything, but you used "Ruins" Instead of "Runes" several times and I got really really confused.

Overall, I like it. Thank you <3

Lefic Lefic
HEeeeeEyyy! So I've read Lyn's CS. Overall I can see it working but we are gonna have to make a few adjustments - with which I'm happy for us to talk it out.

Firstly, LOVE the idea of a group called the Enderach Explorers. I like the reason she dislikes her own species as well, there's good reasoning there and lots of development around the fact that she really just wants friends who wont abandon her. The fact she's super into ruins and exploration - even if its for selfish reasons - is good. And that she just stole from adventurers who did all the hard work. Also, please understand the nature of the "Calling" of the Forest. It's something of a racial thing - a quiet yearning. But it's not something all Elves do, and can be easily ignored by those who have no interest in going. She could have gone anytime - so perhaps instead, she tried to follow her friends earlier on and was rejected then? Same sort of thing, it just happened earlier in her life. I would also lower the amount of time she spent in the Wetlands before she had to leave, make it 2-3 days max rather than a week. It really is a horrible place. Bare in mind that the Wetlands will be an area characters can visit later on, but it's gonna be some time and require a lot of prep-work. Also how is she with swords and bows?

In terms of stuff that does need changing.
1) I love the art, it's wicked but it's too...much. It's too edgy and doesn't quite fit in with the vibe in Aether. I have a few examples if you're interested. Same goes for the theme, if you could go for something less Edgelord I'd be much happier.
2) You may have to lose the spark. (I'm not saying for defo yet) I've got to be strict on mages, and we already have a Female Elf with the healing ability.
3) Please remember to spell check. I'm not a hard ass or anything, but you used "Ruins" Instead of "Runes" several times and I got really really confused.

Overall, I like it. Thank you <3

Alright. Also, when I was talking about the ruins, I meant all of the ancient artefacts in the Plains—I didn't mention any runes. Sorry if that confused you.

I'll change the reason why she left to the Merluminal Forest to because the other elf in the Enderarch Explorers felt the need to retire and tries to go into the Merluminal Forest to be with the Lumen—and so Lynn follows him—but he managed to get in while she's rejected.

I'll remove the spark.

I'll change the picture (I understand that the blood is distracting, the reason I chose the picture was because of the character which I thought resembled my idea of Lynn). I already have another similar picture (if it still doesn't fit in, just tell me). I don't know if I can change the theme just now, though. I don't really listen to much outside the genre of the current theme so it would take a while for me to find another one. I'll eventually find something else.

I'll notify you once the changes have been made.

Alright. Also, when I was talking about the ruins, I meant all of the ancient artefacts in the Plains—I didn't mention any runes. Sorry if that confused you.

I'll change the reason why she left to the Merluminal Forest to because the other elf in the Enderarch Explorers felt the need to retire and tries to go into the Merluminal Forest to be with the Lumen—and so Lynn follows him—but he managed to get in while she's rejected.

I'll remove the spark.

I'll change the picture (I understand that the blood is distracting, the reason I chose the picture was because of the character which I thought resembled my idea of Lynn). I already have another similar picture (if it still doesn't fit in, just tell me). I don't know if I can change the theme just now, though. I don't really listen to much outside the genre of the current theme so it would take a while for me to find another one. I'll eventually find something else.

I'll notify you once the changes have been made.

I appreciate it.

For now, if you want to keep the spark that's all good. Just remove the bit about healing. Gives some to move around we need it. Would you like me to pick put some music that might fit?

I appreciate it.

For now, if you want to keep the spark that's all good. Just remove the bit about healing. Gives some to move around we need it. Would you like me to pick out some music that might fit?

Yes, please, I'd appreciate it if you could pick out some music for me. Do you think it would be alright if I changed her "spark" to fire? I think it would fit in with her whole explorer thing because if she had some kindling and created a tiny spark of fire, she could create a campfire which would be useful for exploring. It would exhaust her but she would only need to create fires around night-time and would go to sleep anyway. This way she wouldn't really need any reason to become a proper mage and train with the Church of Light. This ability would obviously be very weak but it could be a reason why the Enderarch Explorers kept her around.

I changed the art and adjusted the backstory, by the way. Tell me if the new appearance doesn't fit and I'll change it again. I'll add the fire spark if I get your approval.

Yes, please, I'd appreciate it if you could pick out some music for me. Do you think it would be alright if I changed her "spark" to fire? I think it would fit in with her whole explorer thing because if she had some kindling and created a tiny spark of fire, she could create a campfire which would be useful for exploring. It would exhaust her but she would only need to create fires around night-time and would go to sleep anyway. This way she wouldn't really need any reason to become a proper mage and train with the Church of Light. This ability would obviously be very weak but it could be a reason why the Enderarch Explorers kept her around.

I changed the art and adjusted the backstory, by the way. Tell me if the new appearance doesn't fit and I'll change it again. I'll add the fire spark if I get your approval.

Lookin' good! I'm afraid the appearance is still a bit too Castlevania - Consider something a bit more like this kinda style. Lean towards the realistic. (I know I'm being a pain I'm sorry haha)

2a3d802f9787c947375c5a428d557892--character-portraits-character-ideas.jpg

As for theme - a few random ideas. I tried to find something that was still Elvish but maybe a bit more harsh/mysterious/aloof

tell me what you think!

I changed the theme.

I'll find another picture tomorrow. I tried finding a realistic picture but none match what I'm looking for. I'm not bothered to make any more changes to my character sheet today but it'll be sorted out within the next few days.

I changed the theme.

I'll find another picture tomorrow. I tried finding a realistic picture but none match what I'm looking for. I'm not bothered to make any more changes to my character sheet today but it'll be sorted out within the next few days.

If you do struggle to find one, just keep what you have. It's no big deal. <3

So just wanted to toss out a rough idea for my charries backstory. His father was an explorer/mercenary who ran his own band and was teaching his son the ropes. Eventually the group attempted to go into the Wetlands itself to obtain a particularly powerful and precious artifact.
By the time they reached the ruins nearly half of the party had been lost to the vicious horrors of the Wetlands or simple madness. However they weren't the only ones to have arrived at the ruins, another explorers group who sought the riches of the ruin for their own had been following the company, ambushing them upon reaching their target, a bloody battle occurred, but before anyone could gain the upper hand a horrific, sentient monster emerged from the ruins and slaughtered the two parties, though the rival company escaped with at least a few survivors.
My charrie would be the only survivor, with only a map taken from his fathers corpse. He's returned to the capital city to try and form company, slaughter his rivals and find the relic his father and kin died for.

What do you think??

If you do struggle to find one, just keep what you have. It's no big deal. <3
Thanks. I'll see if I can find one but I'm not sure.

So just wanted to toss out a rough idea for my charries backstory. His father was an explorer/mercenary who ran his own band and was teaching his son the ropes. Eventually the group attempted to go into the Wetlands itself to obtain a particularly powerful and precious artifact.
By the time they reached the ruins nearly half of the party had been lost to the vicious horrors of the Wetlands or simple madness. However they weren't the only ones to have arrived at the ruins, another explorers group who sought the riches of the ruin for their own had been following the company, ambushing them upon reaching their target, a bloody battle occurred, but before anyone could gain the upper hand a horrific, sentient monster emerged from the ruins and slaughtered the two parties, though the rival company escaped with at least a few survivors.
My charrie would be the only survivor, with only a map taken from his fathers corpse. He's returned to the capital city to try and form company, slaughter his rivals and find the relic his father and kin died for.

What do you think??
Our characters both have similar goals. Perhaps they could end up teaming together.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find one but I'm not sure.

Our characters both have similar goals. Perhaps they could end up teaming together.
That would be pretty great! They'll both need all the help they can get to survive that hellhole xD

What do you think??

How did they know about the artifact to begin with?
This is neat though.

How did they know about the artifact to begin with?
This is neat though.
His father is a seasoned merc/explorer, and after near a century of gathering some clues and indicators in different ruins across the Plains and other regions. Which makes being ambushed all the more painful, having the hard work of his father stolen

His father is a seasoned merc/explorer, and after near a century of gathering some clues and indicators in different ruins across the Plains and other regions. Which makes being ambushed all the more painful, having the hard work of his father stolen

Oki doki. Make this a ruin like 30% of the way in. Like, a week journey.
If the Church with near infinite resources can't make it through, a small band wouldn't be able to make it. No matter how plucky.

The Wetlands suuuuuuuuuck.

Oki doki. Make this a ruin like 30% of the way in. Like, a week journey.
If the Church with near infinite resources can't make it through, a small band wouldn't be able to make it. No matter how plucky.

The Wetlands suuuuuuuuuck.
Sounds solid! Looking forward to that suicide mission! =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back