• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ADKBR? (OOC)

I spy with my little eye...

• An Abandoned Hospital

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A Creepy House In The Woods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Boarded-Up School

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wait, what? Written appearances? Why?
Because I just think it'd be more fun for people to think of the original appearance themselves then spend hours looking for one on the internet.
not sure if I wanna do it with written appearances... it´s not the kind of thing I´d be happy doing with this little design space...
Oh, dang. I'm lazy, so...
If you don't want to join because of this, its okay. I understand. :closedeyessmile:
Oh no, that's fine! I'm just a bit leery of using real images most of the time, and I don't have a lot of them stocked up anyways. I actually think a written description might be better for my character, seeing as the image I typically use isn't 100% what I had in mind...

That said, how long do you want them to be? I typically average about 1-3 paragraphs, though I could easily do more.. it just might take longer.
Hrm...One paragraph minimum. I'll make a CS skeleton soon.
I usually come up with a character as I write him/her out. Just basically get a feel for them and continue in that way. In other words, I have no friggin clue what my character is going to be like.
Well, think about it. How would YOU react to this situation? And how would it change or establish you as a character. That's what I would do for something like this anyway.

Oh, no, I'm not too concerned about it; It's just the way I usually do things ;) I like coming up with a character based on the rp, and what character types there are the least or what sounds the funnest.

I usually make a new character...The little kid idea sounds fun....I'm thinking an infant xD.....jk

Already got an idea for my character.

Could we perhaps use images and descriptions? Like a description on their height, weight and body type or something.

I usually make a new character...The little kid idea sounds fun....I'm thinking an infant xD.....jk
are you reading my mind? Cause I was thinking about the same thing...

Lets see where the appearance thing goes. if I end up not quitting, would you like to make twins?

Aw. guys... please don't quit over 1 measly paragraph of physical description...
I mean, I get that it makes things a bit more difficult, and that it's really not my place to ask you to stay, but I really want this to work out. I don't get to join a lot of RPs (most of them have age limits that 13 year old me doesn't fit or are about fandom stuff I'm not familiar with). Like, if we can look past this, I'm sure we can all have fun with this.

Aw. guys... please don't quit over 1 measly paragraph of physical description...
I am not quitting over having to write, I wouldn´t do something like that, I am quitting over not being allowed to use images like I like in an apperance that will be even more confusing and difficult to grasp in written form than most because it´s a realistic RP, meaning to detail you´ll have to get some technical words or make your character bland or outlandish...

I am not quitting over having to write, I wouldn´t do something like that, I am quitting over not being allowed to use images like I like in an apperance that will be even more confusing and difficult to grasp in written form than most because it´s a realistic RP, meaning to detail you´ll have to get some technical words or make your character bland or outlandish...
I get what you're saying, I just hope that we can negotiate this with the OP and maybe come to a compromise? I personally like RIPSaidCone RIPSaidCone 's idea.

But about the infant idea, wouldn't it make sense that there WOULD be a toddler or something that someone picks up along the way? Or, like someone else I think said, a sibling?

But about the infant idea, wouldn't it make sense that there WOULD be a toddler or something that someone picks up along the way? Or, like someone else I think said, a sibling?
yes, it would. i may be confusing toddler and infant now..

I get what you're saying, I just hope that we can negotiate this with the OP and maybe come to a compromise? I personally like RIPSaidCone RIPSaidCone 's idea.
I am trying to. Of course, I can´t very well negotiate without responses...

isn´t that the definition of a self-insert?
Depends on the character you make out of it.

wouldn´t it then make more sense to give the OPTION of using description instead of forcing everyone to do so?
:) I didn't FORCE people to. I clearly stated in the interest check that I wanted written appearances. And those who actually read the interest check knew this when they asked to join. And unfortunately, I'm not gonna change a rule for those who didn't, nor for those who find it stupid, irrelevant, or confusing. We can drag this on all night, but I'm keeping the written appearance rule.
Oh, no, I'm not too concerned about it; It's just the way I usually do things ;) I like coming up with a character based on the rp, and what character types there are the least or what sounds the funnest.
:D That's even better!

I might make a toddler character if it sounds fun enough. I'll think about it for now.
I'm sorry if you said so before, but is there a limit on how many characters we're allowed?

Depends on the character you make out of it.

:) I didn't FORCE people to. I clearly stated in the interest check that I wanted written appearances. And those who actually read the interest check knew this when they asked to join. And unfortunately, I'm not gonna change a rule for those who didn't, nor for those who find it stupid, irrelevant, or confusing. We can drag this on all night, but I'm keeping the written appearance rule.

:D That's even better!
I did read the interest check, that one detail slipped... but fine. I guess negotations failed, sorry everyone!

...Whoa. Aren't you taking this a little seriously? I mean, it's just appearances. And for the record, I'm cool with writing out my appearance. I actually like that idea. But enforcing it over the wishes of the players, especially for something as irrelevant as how the character's appearance is represented, seems needlessly harsh.
Do as you want, though. I'm not trying to start a fight (or continue the preexisting one).

Can I just put my appearance in a spoiler or something. Or can they be optional? The written description can still be mandatory.

You can put your appearance in a spoiler, sure.

I might make a toddler character if it sounds fun enough. I'll think about it for now.
I'm sorry if you said so before, but is there a limit on how many characters we're allowed?

Two characters please. ^.^ I'll make the Character Skeleton Soon.

...Whoa. Aren't you taking this a little seriously? I mean, it's just appearances. And for the record, I'm cool with writing out my appearance. I actually like that idea. But enforcing it over the wishes of the players, especially for something as irrelevant as how the character's appearance is represented, seems needlessly harsh.
Do as you want, though. I'm not trying to start a fight (or continue the preexisting one).

I'm sorry if that response came out heated. I didn't enforce this rule, I told this rule in the interest check, and although I should've explained it a little better, I would've mentioned written appearances be optional or Anime/realistic images being allowed. I'm not gonna hang people up for their opinion of my reasonings being irrelevant, but I'm not gonna tolerate those who'd like to drag out and try to change a pre-established rule just because they find it irrelevant when they could just simply say their not interested anymore.

I'm sorry if that response sounded mean to you, Oliver. You're a nice guy and I don't want to offend you in anyway.

You can put your appearance in a spoiler, sure.

Two characters please. ^.^ I'll make the Character Skeleton Soon.

I'm sorry if that response came out heated. I didn't enforce this rule, I told this rule in the interest check, and although I should've explained it a little better, I would've mentioned written appearances be optional or Anime/realistic images being allowed. I'm not gonna hang people up for their opinion of my reasonings being irrelevant, but I'm not gonna tolerate those who'd like to drag out and try to change a pre-established rule just because they find it irrelevant when they could just simply say their not interested anymore.

I'm sorry if that response sounded mean to you, Oliver. You're a nice guy and I don't want to offend you in anyway.
so you´re saying images are not forbidden?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back