• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Ace Combat: Belkan Civil War (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Needle acting gangster until he hears "Ammunition Zero" partway through the boss
E12A40CCAE46C00A3ACE1CC85CE0711E289AFBCF

Needle in a nutshell?

question, if ya'll had to make a tierlist of ace combat protags purely based on fame in-series and not in-fanon/fandom spaces, who would be where?

question, if ya'll had to make a tierlist of ace combat protags purely based on fame in-series and not in-fanon/fandom spaces, who would be where?

Purely on in-game fame? I've only played the main games, but I'll give my opinion based on the numbered series.

I would say in order from most famous to least famous: Mobius 1, Phoenix, Talisman, Trigger, Cipher, Razgriz, Nemo.

Worse than solitary, they lost the satelites. No more Princess Speeches on TV. RIP.
And that means no more D O G

Mobius and Cipher would battle out on top for me. They're both equally as badass in the lore. Next would probably be Trigger, and I can't say much else because I need to catch up with the other protags

Mobius and Cipher would battle out on top for me. They're both equally as badass in the lore. Next would probably be Trigger, and I can't say much else because I need to catch up with the other protags

She said most famous in the series, not the fandom. Most of these Aces were either stricken from the records, classified, or restricted from public knowledge. So, in theory, I would put Wardog in there as a separate squadron from the Razgriz, purely because they were published in the newspaper as 'The Four Wings of Sand Island'.

That was kinda my basis on the ranking.

I'm unfamiliar with games 1,2,3 so I can't speak for Phoenix and Nemo. For me it'd be

Mobius/Cipher tied for first place
Trigger
The Razgriz have a pretty badass mystique and supernatural element to the fear they create in their enemies, but thats as a group rather than an individual ace even though Blaze does all the work. I want to put him at least on Trigger's level but since his fame is as part of a group he gets put lower.

She said most famous in the series, not the fandom. Most of these Aces were either stricken from the records, classified, or restricted from public knowledge. So, in theory, I would put Wardog in there as a separate squadron from the Razgriz, purely because they were published in the newspaper as 'The Four Wings of Sand Island'.

That was kinda my basis on the ranking.
Ahhh I see, sorry!

I'm unfamiliar with games 1,2,3 so I can't speak for Phoenix and Nemo. For me it'd be

Mobius/Cipher tied for first place
Trigger
The Razgriz have a pretty badass mystique and supernatural element to the fear they create in their enemies, but thats as a group rather than an individual ace even though Blaze does all the work. I want to put him at least on Trigger's level but since his fame is as part of a group he gets put lower.

I kinda agree with this tbh. The group thing does make it easier. I'm just kinda stuck on where to rank Talisman in that group cause Ace Combat 6 can be pretty difficult at times even with allied attack.

Yeah, I cant think of many memorable moments where people other than your allies acknowledge Talisman in particular besides that line from someone in the Liberation of Gracemeria (I think that's where it was??) along the lines of "Dammit! Its those pilots they call Garuda!" and even then its talking about both Talisman and Shamrock. Don't remember much from 6 anyway though so I could just be forgetting a lot of other examples.

I kinda agree with this tbh. The group thing does make it easier. I'm just kinda stuck on where to rank Talisman in that group cause Ace Combat 6 can be pretty difficult at times even with allied attack.
I'm stuck with Talisman too. Because I one hand he and and Shamrock practically win the E.E. War, but on the other I feel like he didn't have as skilled a rival as other protags so I can't really tell how skilled Talisman was exactly

Yeah, I cant think of many memorable moments where people other than your allies acknowledge Talisman in particular besides that line from someone in the Liberation of Gracemeria (I think that's where it was??) along the lines of "Dammit! Its those pilots they call Garuda!" and even then its talking about both Talisman and Shamrock. Don't remember much from 6 anyway though so I could just be forgetting a lot of other examples.

There's a dude on the radio called DJ Zed who gives updates about the Garuda Team. So, it's kinda both Shamrock and Talisman who get recognized. You could kinda say the same thing about Cipher and Pixy though.

I'm stuck with Talisman too. Because I one hand he and and Shamrock practically win the E.E. War, but on the other I feel like he didn't have as skilled a rival as other protags so I can't really tell how skilled Talisman was exactly

That's true. Strigon's AI could be ridiculous. At least you could somewhat joust 'Pasterbastard'.

There's a dude on the radio called DJ Zed who gives updates about the Garuda Team. So, it's kinda both Shamrock and Talisman who get recognized. You could kinda say the same thing about Cipher and Pixy though.

That's true. Strigon's AI could be ridiculous. At least you could somewhat joust 'Pasterbastard'.
Although the tunnel run Talisman does is freaking ridiculous. Going up the barrel of the Chandelier is absurd. He's at the very least a legend in Emmeria, not sure about elsewhere

oh, and I uh. I finished looking into Ace Combat 5 and looking at a playthrough.
Feeling like this rn while I listen to the credits:
20211109_202727.jpg

Although the tunnel run Talisman does is freaking ridiculous. Going up the barrel of the Chandelier is absurd. He's at the very least a legend in Emmeria, not sure about elsewhere

Chandelier is hard AF to take down as well even before the tunnel run. You get lit up like a fricken Christmas tree on Ace mode.

ohh okay, since the news report mentioned how the enemy is pushing toward mund valley i thought it's going to be there

ohh okay, since the news report mentioned how the enemy is pushing toward mund valley i thought it's going to be there

Could be they changed their mind since. I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back