• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Ace Combat: Belkan Civil War (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Flying Ford GIF by U.S. Navy

I'm roleplaying my go-to plane. I also enjoy the SU-37 (4 and Zero) , the F-15 S/MTD (Zero), and XFA.

Something about American jets just hit different man

I just really like the aesthetic of the plane. It's like a flying dagger.

The Tomcat is a sexy plane as well. I just don't use it very much in AC. I think it and the F-16 keep getting done dirty by making them early game planes. Only Ace Combat 6 really did the cat justice by making it viable for half the game.

I just really like the aesthetic of the plane. It's like a flying dagger.

The Tomcat is a sexy plane as well. I just don't use it very much in AC. I think it and the F-16 keep getting done dirty by making them early game planes. Only Ace Combat 6 really did the cat justice by making it viable for half the game.
Watched a playthrough of AC 6 and they just used the F-18, I believe

I think the F-14 in AC7 are still capable in handling itself to the last mission

It definitely is. You can use almost any plane in AC7 to the end.

I just prefer 4's version with the F-14A where its more of a midgame plane and functions as a fighter than a multirole.

It definitely is. You can use almost any plane in AC7 to the end.

I just prefer 4's version with the F-14A where its more of a midgame plane and functions as a fighter than a multirole.
F-14D irl did get some air-to-ground capability than it’s pure interceptor predecessors.

F-14D irl did get some air-to-ground capability than it’s pure interceptor predecessors.

Yeah. Irl, the thing was a beast. Itd still probably be in use if it wasn't so damn hard to maintain and unreliable.

Yeah. Irl, the thing was a beast. Itd still probably be in use if it wasn't so damn hard to maintain and unreliable.
Well, they were equipped with engines that would fall into compressor stall if you look at them the wrong way, but the newer F110 fixed that from what I’ve heard. In my opinion I think it has more to do with the space they required in the relatively restricted capacity of an aircraft carrier, and, you know, the worries that Iran could get brand new spare parts for their tomcats.

Well, they were equipped with engines that would fall into compressor stall if you look at them the wrong way, but the newer F110 fixed that from what I’ve heard. In my opinion I think it has more to do with the space they required in the relatively restricted capacity of an aircraft carrier, and, you know, the worries that Iran could get brand new spare parts for their tomcats.

Good point. Hornet definitely had the smaller footprint in comparison.

Any ETA on your post Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford ?

Yeah, like F-14 could be a more capable fighter than F/A-18 in itself but it may have to do with the overall efficiency in carrier operations as a whole? the Russians are also replacing their heavier Su-33 with MiG-29K for carrier based fighter, so maybe medium fighters are just better for carriers than heavy fighters

Yeah, like F-14 could be a more capable fighter than F/A-18 in itself but it may have to do with the overall efficiency in carrier operations as a whole? the Russians are also replacing their heavier Su-33 with MiG-29K for carrier based fighter, so maybe medium fighters are just better for carriers than heavy fighters

I imagine the Hornet and 29k got the nod because of their multirole capabilities, small size, overall design, and being better suited current mission demands with newer electronics.

It's kinda hard to compare the 14 and the 18 in that respect because they were designed like complimentary pairs as opposed to true replacements.

Dont worry about it, man. I was there myself. It's good.

hmmm... who's gonna be rping the AWACS, anyhow?

also i imagine Newt Team's theme would be prog-rock sounding like Mimic Team's theme was since i'm not creative /j

Users who are viewing this thread

Back