• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Abyssals - Dark Future - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Psychie Psychie in addition to Sherwood's suggestion, will purchases of the necromancy and sorcery charms grant a free spell?

I'm considering adding a small bit of sorcery for Flying Guillotine, Theft of Memory, and Peacock Shadow Eyes.

If you had Strength 5, a Sky cutter would be total damage 10L and Accuracy 1.

Even at Strength 1, A plasma tongue repeater is damage 10L Accuracy 2. Sure, the range is pretty short (20 yards), but it is perfectly viable for most combat. Just not something you could snipe with.
True that. Also the style.has a charm that can double range.

There is the Fiery Solar Cannon, the granddaddy of all Essence weapons. It is in Wonders of the Lost Age.
FIERY SOLAR CANNON (ARTIFACT •••••)
Repair: 2
This is one of the most powerful handheld weapons created during the First Age. The body of the
weapon is carved from a single fi ve-sided tube of solid ruby inlaid with orichalcum. This weapon is three
feet long and as thick as a grown man’s calf, and it can be wielded only by one of the Solar Exalted. It is
normally carried over the wielder’s back and requires the user to stand still and use both hands to fi re it.
(The wearer cannot use a move action while fi ring this weapon, and he can dodge or parry only by using
refl exive Charms or persistent Charms that are already in effect.) When fi red, this weapon shoots balls of
golden sun fi re that fl y as swiftly as an arrow and then explode into a sunburst two yards in diameter. If two
targets are standing next to each other, the explosion affects both equally. Otherwise, it affects only a single
target. This attack can be dodged, but it cannot be parried without Charms that allow the user to parry
any attack. These sunbursts burn the target with the heat of the sun and damage stone or metal as readily
as they damage flesh. The user must expend two motes of Solar Essence for every shot.
Although this weapon can be fired only once in a flurry (per its Rate), the wielder can cause it to
simultaneously fire a number of additional balls of sun fire equal to his permanent Essence in a single shot.
Each attack must be aimed at a separate target. Each target dodges each ball of sun fire separately, but all
of these attacks use the same attack roll, with no loss of dice from multiple actions. Each ball of sun fire
costs an additional two motes of Essence, however. The character may spend only one mote per shot to
fire less powerful balls of sun fire, which are only one yard in diameter.
This weapon requires the user to commit eight motes of Essence to it. In addition, he must also insert
a Fire or Solar hearthstone of at least level 2 into the base of the weapon. This hearthstone provides no
benefits to the user, as all of its energy is used to help power the solar cannon. This item must be serviced
after every 100 shots. If it is not maintained, the fiery solar cannon will lose levels of damage from its rating
for every 10 additional shots fired until it is no longer capable of firing. This artifact can be used only by the
Solar Exalted, so the material bonus for orichalcum has already been figured into this weapon’s stats.

Full Power Shot - Spd 5, Accuracy +3, damage 18L 1* 300
Half Power Shot - Spd 5, Accuracy +3, damage 9L

You could try and see if Psy can be convinced to make a Abyssal version; a Necrotic Abyssal Cannon. After all, the Deathlords are extremely powerful and skillful ghosts of the First Age Solars, so they would know of the weapon.
Unholy balls that's a monster of a weapon. I was gonna go with a pair of repeaters. But if I take that, I can just go full Dirty Harry with a single massive revolver.

Just remember, if you do take it, it will require the full time use of a 3 dot hearthstone that you do not get the effects of while it is powering the weapon.

Just remember, if you do take it, it will require the full time use of a 3 dot hearthstone that you do not get the effects of while it is powering the weapon.
I think that is worth it considering I wouldnt have to worry about the expensive alchemical ammo of the repeaters.

The motes per shot would add up quick though. So a backup weapon might be wise. But hopefully with that beast, I can aim for the one shot one kill strategy.

As for an abyssal cannon. I found this in the abyssal archery charms. I can imagine a abyssal version would have similar properties. A cold emerald blast with properties that are more caustic than fiery.

GASP OF DEAD GODS
Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Archery 5, Essence 4;
Type: Simple (Speed 5)
Keywords: Mirror (Solar Flare Methodology; Exalted,
p. 189), Obvious
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Quiver of Souls
The Abyssal conjures a baleful firewand of frozen shadows containing a seething core of pyre flame. Every blast from this unnatural weapon emerges as a cold emerald radiance that consumes victims like acid rather than fire (and thus bypasses any immunity to flame)—but the end result is equally gruesome. As with Solars, this weapon is Speed 5, Rate 2 and never needs reloading.

Psychie Psychie in addition to Sherwood's suggestion, will purchases of the necromancy and sorcery charms grant a free spell?

I'm considering adding a small bit of sorcery for Flying Guillotine, Theft of Memory, and Peacock Shadow Eyes.
Yes, any purchase of a sorcery or necromancy charm gets the free spell of the appropriate circle.

As I ponder the idea of a Abyssal version of the Solar Cannon, I will approve it. The disadvantages of the weapon of having to dedicate a hearthstone to it and being unable to move on the tick that you fire it balances out the power of the cannon.

Yes, any purchase of a sorcery or necromancy charm gets the free spell of the appropriate circle.

As I ponder the idea of a Abyssal version of the Solar Cannon, I will approve it. The disadvantages of the weapon of having to dedicate a hearthstone to it and being unable to move on the tick that you fire it balances out the power of the cannon.
Awesome! I'll be sure to use in nefarious spectacle!

Another question, I dont see anything listed for an artifact firewand. I see artifact flame pieces, like a plasma tongue repeater. And bazookas like the fuel rod cannon but nothing along the lines of an artifact rifle. Just wanted to know if i was missing something or if they existed.

Rykon Rykon
Hey! If you wanted to get into war machines, i was planning to get some dots and charms in Craft. Mostly for maintenance purposes, but might try some crafting. So maybe it could also help out with your necromachines.

Another question, I dont see anything listed for an artifact firewand. I see artifact flame pieces, like a plasma tongue repeater. And bazookas like the fuel rod cannon but nothing along the lines of an artifact rifle. Just wanted to know if i was missing something or if they existed.
There are Alchemical Firewands listed in Wonders of the Lost Age, pg 76 of the PDF. Also, there are Essence Cannons on pg 132 of the same book. But none of them can equal the firepower of the Solar Cannon.

There are Alchemical Firewands listed in Wonders of the Lost Age, pg 76 of the PDF. Also, there are Essence Cannons on pg 132 of the same book. But none of them can equal the firepower of the Solar Cannon.
That's what I was talking about. The bazooka.

Was looking into something more like a rifle version of the plasma tongue repeater.

It's okay to have it less powerful. more like a side weapon in case I run out of motes for the abyssal cannon. But a plasma tongue repeater fits that mark just as easily.

And it probably would be better I stick with the plasma tongue repeater. Since it is more of a sidearm.

Thougj I will need to figure put how to make or acquire that ammo in the underworld.

Ammunition fuel pellets sufficient to fully reload either weapon cost Resources 3, but can be purchased
only in a large metropolis. Alternatively, characters versed in the thaumaturgical Art of Alchemy can distill
the fuel themselves with a ritual (see Exalted, p. 138, for thaumaturgy ritual rules):
Alchemical Weapon Fuel (2, Int, 4, 3 hours): Creates enough ammunition to fully refuel a personal alchemical
fire weapon of any type.

Ammunition fuel pellets sufficient to fully reload either weapon cost Resources 3, but can be purchased
only in a large metropolis. Alternatively, characters versed in the thaumaturgical Art of Alchemy can distill
the fuel themselves with a ritual (see Exalted, p. 138, for thaumaturgy ritual rules):
Alchemical Weapon Fuel (2, Int, 4, 3 hours): Creates enough ammunition to fully refuel a personal alchemical
fire weapon of any type.
I read that.

But! If I buy 5 shots, can I do that indefinitely with resource 3? Or does once I buy it, it removes my dots.

As well, as you mentioned, abyssals got a lot of first age crafting ability and knowledge, that I might be able to use to my advantage.

If you buy some dots in Craft (Alchemy) I'll let you make reloads for the repeater. I'll just have to limit the number of shots you have in reserve to keep you from going too nuts with your extra charges.

If you buy some dots in Craft (Alchemy) I'll let you make reloads for the repeater. I'll just have to limit the number of shots you have in reserve to keep you from going too nuts with your extra charges.
Maybe a shelf life for underworld based charges. That when in creation they expire in a matter of months. Thusly it behooves me not to carry a bunch when in creation, lest I waste time and resources doing so. I make what I think I'll need, use those, and make more when I run low.

Could use that to fun asthetic advantage, and have it shoot the green caustic blasts like the canon does instead of normal fire.

I like that the charges would decay in the lands of Creation. As long as you are in a Shadowland or in the Underworld, your extra rounds will be fine.

Could use that to fun asthetic advantage, and have it shoot the green caustic blasts like the canon does instead of normal fire.
Sort of like firing ectoplasm at people. "I've been slimed!"

I like that the charges would decay in the lands of Creation. As long as you are in a Shadowland or in the Underworld, your extra rounds will be fine.
So maybe no more than fifteen or twenty would be wise to carry around in creation.

Off set by it being easier to make in shadowlands, and it isnt fire based for the sake of resistance and immunities.

Sort of like firing ectoplasm at people. "I've been slimed!"
Yeah!

So maybe no more than fifteen or twenty would be wise to carry around in creation.

Off set by it being easier to make in shadowlands, and it isnt fire based for the sake of resistance and immunities.
Exactly. That will give you plenty of shots to get through even a protracted battle and have some left over before you need to make more.

And I also think I'll play on a brutal sheriff motif. And bring a new meaning to the saying "cold hand of justice". Can play up some fun tragedy with his backstory too.

Quick question for you, Psy. I am wanting to pick up a suit of armor called the Obsidian Sheath from the Scrolls of Fallen Races. It is a 4 dot suit of Articulated Plate that used to be used by the Dragon Kings. The cool thing that makes it a 4 dot item is that it increases my Strength by 3 while wearing it, and boosts my in combat movement. Is this ok?

Quick question for you, Psy. I am wanting to pick up a suit of armor called the Obsidian Sheath from the Scrolls of Fallen Races. It is a 4 dot suit of Articulated Plate that used to be used by the Dragon Kings. The cool thing that makes it a 4 dot item is that it increases my Strength by 3 while wearing it, and boosts my in combat movement. Is this ok?
I am familiar with the armor, and I don't see a problem with you getting it. Go ahead.

Awesome! I'll be sure to use in nefarious spectacle!

Rykon Rykon
Hey! If you wanted to get into war machines, i was planning to get some dots and charms in Craft. Mostly for maintenance purposes, but might try some crafting. So maybe it could also help out with your necromachines.
Nah, the necro-tech stuff isn't what I'm going for. Zombie aesthetics aren't really appealing to me in general, and I'm sad to say most of the Necromancy spells is just bone and corpse manipulation rituals. There are a few things here and there for traveling between the underworld and creation, or channeling ghostly powers that I'm more interested in. However, most of it has left me wondering how far I could get just relying on charms instead of spells.

Nah, the necro-tech stuff isn't what I'm going for. Zombie aesthetics aren't really appealing to me in general, and I'm sad to say most of the Necromancy spells is just bone and corpse manipulation rituals. There are a few things here and there for traveling between the underworld and creation, or channeling ghostly powers that I'm more interested in. However, most of it has left me wondering how far I could get just relying on charms instead of spells.
Well I'll have some alchemy and artifact skill if you need to make use of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back