• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Abyssals - Dark Future - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Psychie Psychie
Does the penalty of not being able to move/parry/dodge on the tick I fire it only apply to that tick? Or does it apply until my next turn?

Psychie Psychie
Does the penalty of not being able to move/parry/dodge on the tick I fire it only apply to that tick? Or does it apply until my next turn?
If you are referring to the Abyssal Cannon, you cannot move on the full tick that you fire (having to stand and brace yourself) or dodge. This penalty only lasts for the one tick you fire, though.

I agree. It is a part of the drawback of the weapon. But it is up to you.

Aren't you aiming and firing for the entire Speed X action, though? It seems odd to be unable to dodge only during the instant the shot leaves the barrel.
I agree. It is a part of the drawback of the weapon. But it is up to you.
I had not thought of that. Yes, it would make sense that it would take you until your DV refreshes until you can move and apply your full Dodge DV without using Charms. Sorry D. Rex D. Rex

If you are referring to the Solar Cannon, you cannot move on the full tick that you fire (having to stand and brace yourself) or dodge. This penalty only lasts for the one tick you fire, though.
Cool beans. Just seeing whether it was worth it to invest in DV or soak.

I had not thought of that. Yes, it would make sense that it would take you until your DV refreshes until you can move and apply your full Dodge DV without using Charms. Sorry D. Rex D. Rex
No worries! Was just making sure. If that's the case, a soulsteel breastplate beats out an IRA. It's cheaper and gives more soak and hardness. A little less versatile, but arguably more effective.

No worries! Was just making sure. If that's the case, a soulsteel breastplate beats out an IRA. It's cheaper and gives more soak and hardness. A little less versatile, but arguably more effective.
In the Errata, the cost of armor was greatly reduced from what it is listed in the core book.

Artifact Armor
(pp. 390-391)
The artifact reinforced breastplate is rated Artifact ••.
The artifact articulated plate and artifact superheavy plate
are rated Artifact •••.

You can pick up a heavier suit of armor for a lot less now.

Aww. Well, I guess I need to invest in soak then. What about dodge charms?

In the Errata, the cost of armor was greatly reduced from what it is listed in the core book.

Artifact Armor
(pp. 390-391)
The artifact reinforced breastplate is rated Artifact ••.
The artifact articulated plate and artifact superheavy plate
are rated Artifact •••.

You can pick up a heavier suit of armor for a lot less now.
I just might do that given I cant defend.

Aww. Well, I guess I need to invest in soak then. What about dodge charms?
One good defense while using the Cannon is range. Let some crazy Dusk Caste get in the faces of your opponents while you sit back and blast the hell out of them.

Dodge Charms can be applied if they are Reflexive or were in effect prior to the firing of the weapon.

I am thinking that you can get a Perfect Defense soak with only three or four Charms, so that would be fairly easy to get.

One good defense while using the Cannon is range. Let some crazy Dusk Caste get in the faces of your opponents while you sit back and blast the hell out of them.

Dodge Charms can be applied if they are Reflexive or were in effect prior to the firing of the weapon.
I like that strategy.

And gotcha! Worry less about DVs, and more about charms. With some good soak just in case.

Well, yes, but I'm not crazy. I'm totally sane. Its all of you people that are crazy.

D. Rex D. Rex since you might be in the market for armor... Take a look at the Oblivion's Panoply feature of the Celestial Battle Armor in Wonders of the Lost Age. While I have to concede the Armor is completely unsubtle, probably overkill against most opponents, and somewhat costly on backgrounds... it can be configured to serve a lot of purposes.

Might not be the best fit for a lawman style character though. Perhaps just layering a Soul Steel Chainshirt beneath the IRA's clothing would be more your speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back