• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Abyssals - Dark Future - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
My combat focus is set for melee with a Grand Grymscythe. Having a ranged attacker on our side would be a good thing, along with a skilled sorcerer/necromancer.

Melee is a tried and true path for me in 2.5e, I know how to make it work and work well. Even better that Abyssals get access to some nifty extra tricks to play with. Though I have to admit, part of me is considering Snake style and a pair of hook swords.

All else fails, I can see if Lambent Bolt of Annihilation has a mirror charm for an Abyssal Archer.

If you want to go melee, I can take the necromancy mantle.

I'd change over to a Daybreak caste if I were to do that.

If you want to go melee, I can take the necromancy mantle.
I was going to dabble in a combat ability so that the character would have more to do in a combat scene than hope he doesn't become a smear on the scenery. I can make it work. Going with a Martial Art seems like it will demand a much steeper investment in the long run, unfortunately.

On a related note of supplementary tools... Psychie Psychie I was considering taking an Infinite Resplendence Amulet. Since the Lords of Creation book doesn't have a writeup for Soulsteel, would this resource suffice?
ChainsawXIV.

So Rykon, you are going with martial arts? I just want to make sure before I commit completely to the necromancer path. I am making up my list of cool spells even as we speak.

So Rykon, you are going with martial arts? I just want to make sure before I commit completely to the necromancer path. I am making up my list of cool spells even as we speak.
No I'm still intending to stick with Necromancy, just needed a combat ability to have something to defend with and attack with.

No I'm still intending to stick with Necromancy, just needed a combat ability to have something to defend with and attack with.
Ok. I'll go with my melee build then.

Cool. We now need D. Rex D. Rex to go with either an archer or the spellcaster of the team and we have our bases covered.

Sherwood Sherwood you're from Lookshy? Were you from a Gentes or just a citizen soldier? If you're from Lookshy I might make my character a helot, probably worked to death, executed callously, or sacrificed pointlessly on campaign. We could have died in the same battle, though probably under very different circumstances.

Sherwood Sherwood you're from Lookshy? Were you from a Gentes or just a citizen soldier? If you're from Lookshy I might make my character a helot, probably worked to death, executed callously, or sacrificed pointlessly on campaign. We could have died in the same battle, though probably under very different circumstances.
A quick version of her background is that I was a citizen soldier that discovered that a superior officer was taking bribes. After reporting it and getting shut down hard by the other officers, she received orders to be transferred to a out of the way post to punish her for being a whistleblower. When she went home to tell her husband about the transfer, she discovers him in bed with another woman.

Feeling bitter and betrayed by her nation and her husband, she goes off to the outpost filled with rage at her situation. When word gets to them of a low level 'border incursion' from another nation, her squad was ordered to move out and intercept the foreign troops. The battle went badly, and as she was lying in a pool of her own blood, she leveled off a curse against all of those that betrayed her, including the Unconquered Sun. As her life was fading out, she is approached by a strange figure, offering her a chance for vengeance in return for her servitude. With her last breath, she accepts and is 'gifted' with the dark Exaltation by the Deathlord.

Dying in the same fight would be a good tie for us to be working together well. We can brainstorm details.

Yeah, I'll go with archery. As cool as a giant boomerang would be, I'll save it for another game.

Though bows here seem oddly weak compared to 3e.

Though the crimson bow looks like a lot of fun since it never misses.

Psychie Psychie Do abyssal exaltation have to be human? Could one be a batman?

Also! Random Word Random Word if you were thinking of snake style, check out cobra style in the ink monkeys book. It's got some fun moves and can also use the hook swords. Though I think errata took it out for review

Last edited:
Were there any specific spells for necromancy that you'd recommend Sherwood Sherwood ? It's something different that I've wanted to take a look at, but based on what I'm seeing I don't think most of these will be all that useful during play depending on what direction the plot moves.

I'll have to pull out my Book of Sorcery, but there are a few I like.

Bone Puppet Dance
Death Mask
Door of the Dead - good to be able to travel between the Underworld and Creation
Dusk Eyes - goes well with Door of the Dead. Lets you see between the Underworld and Creation
Raise the Skeletal Horde
Walking War Machine is also a good one to be able to make fun toys.

D. Rex D. Rex speaking of their flavor of charms... let me know what you think of Eloquent Example Inspiration in Bureaucracy, especially in contrast to its mirror charm Speed the Wheels.

D. Rex D. Rex speaking of their flavor of charms... let me know what you think of Eloquent Example Inspiration in Bureaucracy, especially in contrast to its mirror charm Speed the Wheels.
Eloquent Example Inspiratiom is such a lovely name for the sinister nature of the charm. I love it!

Lol and definitely a lot more fun than Speed the Wheels.

I'll have to pull out my Book of Sorcery, but there are a few I like.

Bone Puppet Dance
Death Mask
Door of the Dead - good to be able to travel between the Underworld and Creation
Dusk Eyes - goes well with Door of the Dead. Lets you see between the Underworld and Creation
Raise the Skeletal Horde
Walking War Machine is also a good one to be able to make fun toys.

I'm thinking instead of Raise the Skeletal Horde, taking the Integrity Charm "Void King Ascension" in Glories of the Unconquered Sun. It's a charm that enhances the inherent power of a caste's anima.

For Midnights it means zombies risen with the anima power no longer decay (ie. Permanent additions to a horde over time).

page 38 of Glories of the Unconquered Sun
SHEDDING INFINITE RADIANCE
Cost: —; Mins: Integrity 2, Essence 4;
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Mirror (Void King Ascension)
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Righteous Lion Defense
New Abyssal Charm: Void King Ascension
(Prerequisites: Eternal Enmity Approach).
Embracing the doom the Neverborn have crafted them to inflict on the world, Abyssals gain the following benefits:
• Dusk: Like Dawns, the malicious shadows of the Dusk anima deepen until Valor becomes irrelevant, with the same benefits. Additionally, to facilitate the slaying of multitudes, weapons wielded by the Abyssal (including natural weapons) add one to their Defense and two to their Rate.
• Midnight: Zombies raised with the anima power no longer automatically decay.
• Daybreak: As the Twilight benefit, but applicable only to necromancy, not sorcery.
• Day: The Abyssal crawls with concealing shadows, making her difficult to target. When at the (11+)-mote level of display, all attacks against the Abyssal suffer a -1 external penalty.
• Moonshadow: As the Eclipse benefit, save that rather than specifying the circumstances of botches, the Moonshadow may instead choose to immediately inflict a Dark Fate manifestation on the oathbreaker constructed with a number of successes equal to the number of botches that would have been otherwise inflicted.

Also, I do like the potential with Walking War Machine, but I'm worried I'll get drawn into building an artificer by going that route due to the medicine and craft requirements with some creations. There are quite a few necromancy spells I've read that seem this way too, unfortunately.

Door of the Dead and Dusk Eyes seem like a necessity. I'll definitely have to take those.

Are flame pieces/plasma tongue repeaters any good in 2e?

Cause I could go with the Righteous devil idea I had for the other rp. Was going to save it for a 3e Solar run, but found a pic and was like. Yeah that guy looks pretty abyssal.

644fab044666db1ee1ae8cb5f4acd4e2.jpg

Are flame pieces/plasma tongue repeaters any good in 2e?

Cause I could go with the Righteous devil idea I had for the other rp. Was going to save it for a 3e Solar run, but found a pic and was like. Yeah that guy looks pretty abyssal.

View attachment 750511
If you had Strength 5, a Sky cutter would be total damage 10L and Accuracy 1.

Even at Strength 1, A plasma tongue repeater is damage 10L Accuracy 2. Sure, the range is pretty short (20 yards), but it is perfectly viable for most combat. Just not something you could snipe with.

There is the Fiery Solar Cannon, the granddaddy of all Essence weapons. It is in Wonders of the Lost Age.
FIERY SOLAR CANNON (ARTIFACT •••••)
Repair: 2
This is one of the most powerful handheld weapons created during the First Age. The body of the
weapon is carved from a single fi ve-sided tube of solid ruby inlaid with orichalcum. This weapon is three
feet long and as thick as a grown man’s calf, and it can be wielded only by one of the Solar Exalted. It is
normally carried over the wielder’s back and requires the user to stand still and use both hands to fi re it.
(The wearer cannot use a move action while fi ring this weapon, and he can dodge or parry only by using
refl exive Charms or persistent Charms that are already in effect.) When fi red, this weapon shoots balls of
golden sun fi re that fl y as swiftly as an arrow and then explode into a sunburst two yards in diameter. If two
targets are standing next to each other, the explosion affects both equally. Otherwise, it affects only a single
target. This attack can be dodged, but it cannot be parried without Charms that allow the user to parry
any attack. These sunbursts burn the target with the heat of the sun and damage stone or metal as readily
as they damage flesh. The user must expend two motes of Solar Essence for every shot.
Although this weapon can be fired only once in a flurry (per its Rate), the wielder can cause it to
simultaneously fire a number of additional balls of sun fire equal to his permanent Essence in a single shot.
Each attack must be aimed at a separate target. Each target dodges each ball of sun fire separately, but all
of these attacks use the same attack roll, with no loss of dice from multiple actions. Each ball of sun fire
costs an additional two motes of Essence, however. The character may spend only one mote per shot to
fire less powerful balls of sun fire, which are only one yard in diameter.
This weapon requires the user to commit eight motes of Essence to it. In addition, he must also insert
a Fire or Solar hearthstone of at least level 2 into the base of the weapon. This hearthstone provides no
benefits to the user, as all of its energy is used to help power the solar cannon. This item must be serviced
after every 100 shots. If it is not maintained, the fiery solar cannon will lose levels of damage from its rating
for every 10 additional shots fired until it is no longer capable of firing. This artifact can be used only by the
Solar Exalted, so the material bonus for orichalcum has already been figured into this weapon’s stats.

Full Power Shot - Spd 5, Accuracy +3, damage 18L 1* 300
Half Power Shot - Spd 5, Accuracy +3, damage 9L

You could try and see if Psy can be convinced to make a Abyssal version; a Necrotic Abyssal Cannon. After all, the Deathlords are extremely powerful and skillful ghosts of the First Age Solars, so they would know of the weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back