• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Abandoned on Eldritch

NuclearTrinity

Fighting a War
Intro: Eldritch is a planet far removed from the constant wars, expansion, and violence of the major powers of Earth. One might say that Eldritch is the most insignificant planet in the known universe. A planet of relatively low gravity (0.7g), Eldritch is home to a subset of native organisms similar to the ones found on Earth. The forests are lush, but toxic. The animals are clumsy and slow. Insects and bugs don't exist as they do on Earth. Luckily enough, all the water is fresh! On top of being fresh, however, the water is also toxic without purification.

Because of its undesirable and inane qualities, Eldritch has never been formally colonized. A few expeditionary parties, sure, maybe even a few small forward operating bases are - were - located here. Overall, Eldritch is abandoned and should have remained that way indefinitely. Nothing about it is important, it has no strategic significance, there's no point of mining or establishing a colony.

It has been 45 years since your ship left Earth bound for the outer rim. 45 years you've sat motionless in your hypersleep capsule. Until now, you've been undisturbed, your brain in the barely-understood state of hypersleep. Finally you wake, your capsule's backup systems ultimately failing, resulting in an emergency awakening. Your capsule's failure results in the automatic awakening of the rest of the crew. Not everyone survived their long vigil, and now you and the rest of the survivors have the task of figuring out what went wrong, why you're on Eldritch, and what to do from this point on.

So - Why might a ship destined for an outer-rim colony end up on this insignificant planet? Well, that's what you're trying to figure out.

Background: You are a crew member aboard the WEF Verdant-2, a lightly-armed yet well-supplied frigate originally bound for one of the outer-rim colonies. While in hypersleep, the Verdant-2's navigation system re-routed itself into an interception course with Eldritch. Where it would normally land itself carefully and awake the crew, the ship placed itself into an automatic crash landing sequence, falling from the atmosphere and tearing a deep scar in the planet's surface. Coming to a stop between one of Eldritch's toxic forests and an open plain, it sat for nearly 43 years. Over that course of time, the ship's main systems slowly began to shut themselves down to prevent failure, relying on redundant systems and auxiliary power to stay operational as well as keep the hypersleep capsules functional. The failure of one pod has triggered the ship to wake the entire crew, some of whom have passed away during their sleep.

The crew of the Verdant needs to use what is left of their ship to survive on Eldritch, figure out what went wrong and why, and possibly return to space or get rescued.

Lore: There isn't much lore to explain, at least not much lore which is relevant to the story. This will serve as a palate for you to create a character background.

• Nations:
    • Earth - Earth is the most poweful planet in the known galaxy. It is the seat of two distinct nations, the East and the West. Earthbound wars and conflict have been abandoned as the fighting has moved into space and other planets.
      • East - The East is the East. China, The Rest of Asia, Russia, India, and the Middle East. These regions countries and regions congealed after years of cultural assimilation to form what we today call the East. The East contests with the West in space in an endless campaign to determine who is better.
      • West - The West, like the East, is the West. Europe, The United States, The Rest of The Americas, Africa, and Australia. Much like the East, a similar culture and religious background brought these regions together. The driving force behind the unification of the West was actually the unification of the East. The West formed after the East, and had a rough start forming a centralized government, resulting in a head-start in the space race for the East. They've since made up for this loss.
    • Martian Union - The Martian Union was the middleman of Earth's split. As countries combined with one another and conflict became increasingly violent, the colonists of Mars declared that they had become a self-sufficient nation separate from their Earthen parents. This rebellion largely went over the heads of the governments of Earth. Mars grew from a fledgling colony world into a core planet of its own, staying out of the conflicts between the East and West.
    • Confi Morre - Confi Morre is the third most powerful planet in the known galaxy, the only of such located outside of the Sol system. Confi Morreans developed their own culture after being a colony world for 4 decades. As the East and West fought, Confi Morre, a colony world of the West, realized that they were powerful enough and with a militia big enough to fend for themselves. Confi Morre now controls its own small selection of planets and remains isolated from the rest of Humanity.
  • Cultures:
    • Note that while the nations of the galaxy might be highly distinct and in near-constant conflict, the civilians of those nations can easily go between borders with ease. As long as there is no fighting between two systems or planets held by different nations, colonists, civilians, and traders can all move freely between them. This results in a unique 'Human' culture shared by all nations. Each, however, has its own nuances.
      • The East retains its "Oriental" culture from the ancient times. Their buildings, cities, ships, and colonies represent their roots. Its people work hard, and much better in large groups. The influence of communism and collectivist ownership is the source of this attitude.
      • The West has a modern culture, one which promotes individual expression and democratic dealings. Their cities and ships are built in a utilitarian style, with many influences from its Roman roots. The people of the West are generally happier than those of the East, but slightly less productive as a society (Not in a detrimental manner).
      • Martians have a culture of hard work, collectivism, and efficiency. Being formed without any history of their own, they built their society on those ideals. Martian planets and ships are high-tech, and built with quality prioritized over quality.
      • Confi Morre isolates itself from the other nations. Not wishing to participate in the violence between the other three nations, Confi Morreans have developed their own culture of unique and tasteful style.
Reply or PM me if interested.
(This is my first attempt at creating a roleplay in a long time, so please bear with me)

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!

Would this RP take place on the forums?

I'm interested. Eldritch might just be one of my favorite words. As a creature of eldritch power I find this planet to be very suitable to my tastes. An insignificant planet such as this would be a great strategic gain in the eldritch wars.

Seems pretty cool! I was in something like this a longish time ago and it unfortunately died, so I'd like to see something happen w this!

interested, but one simple question, is it possible for sentient Robots to be aboard said ship, I am Fine either way. i'm just really curious and have kinda been craving to be a robot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back