• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

LavenderRain

I like kitties.
Hello all!

I used to write here but haven’t logged in in quite some time. Now I’m here looking to start a story or two and I’m thinking/hoping it will be easier to find a partner than it will be to assemble a group roleplay. Groups also take so much more time to maintain. I am a school nurse during the school year and I’m also a camp nurse in the summertime. On top of that, I am a PhD student. This means that my availability isn’t huge, but I do enjoy writing in my free time and the more exciting a story is, the more I tend to be interested in getting myself some free time to work on it. Anyway, I think that’s enough about me. Onto what I’m hoping to find:

My search here is for another writer with a small dash of free time on their hands. I like writing multi-paragraph posts with proper grammar. I’m not overly picky about grammar and spelling, but use spell check. That’s about the gist of my pickiness there. I need someone who can be patient. As previously stated, I’m a grad student and that comes before roleplayer on my list of titles. I like writing both original stories in original worlds with original characters and also writing fandom roleplays with original characters. I WILL NEVER play a canon character and I will never play opposite of a canon character. Canon characters can exist, but they need to stay in the background for me to enjoy the story. I like playing multiple characters in a story and I like writing with other people who are also comfortable playing multiple characters. A little romance is always delightful although we will, of course, stay within the rules of the site here. I don’t roleplay off site or on discord. I also am not interested in roleplaying in PMs. I’m not interested in slice-of-life style stories and much prefer a dash of adventure in anything I write.

Fandoms I will write in are as follows:
  • Soul Eater
  • Naruto
  • Fairy Tail
  • Game of Thrones
  • Dragon Keepers Chronicles
  • Inheritance Cycle
  • Warrior Cats
  • Vikings: Valhalla
  • Children of the Red King
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians
  • Marvel Universe
  • The Mortal Instruments / Infernal Devices
  • One Piece
  • Graceling / Fire / Bitterblue
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender / Avatar: Legend of Korra
  • Pokemon
If the prospect of writing with me is something that intrigues you, please send me a PM to let me know and I will get back to you as swiftly as I can so that we can hopefully start planning a story together! I hope to hear from a few potential new friends.

Also, I have included a writing sample for anyone who would like to see one.

Elves exist on almost every corner of the continent. The land draws its lusciousness from their magic so it’s almost always flowing with beauty around them. It almost seems as though a contract exists between the elves and the Earth and each is able to get something out of it that makes their own lives better. The Earth draws magical energy from the elves allowing it to sustain itself even in the most horrendous of droughts, and in return, the earth bends itself to the will of the elves allowing them to create their homes, grow their food and safely coexist with nature itself. It seems like a contract exists because it quite literally does. Each elf, in their lifetime, makes a choice of whether to allow their energy to feed the earth or to withhold their energy into themselves giving them the very essence of creation at their fingertips.

The whole situation probably seems all fine and dandy, and it very well could have been. However, as a group of elves that declined the contract with the earth started to grow in numbers, conflict between the two paths of life also grew at a rapid pace. Those bound by the contract definitely outnumbered those who refused, but that didn’t mean that those who declined to share their energy with the earth were defeated. Rather, they isolated themselves and created their own kingdom. The earth that surrounded them grew dark - not quite dead - but certainly lacking the lustrous beauty that the rest of the continent was so well known for. They became known as the dark elves. Surrounded by the summer elves, they were isolated from the rest of their world. Not that they minded, though. Isolation served them just fine.

A boundary was established between the two. It was as though they drew lines in the sand. This side belonged to the summer elves and the other was dark elf territory. For centuries, it worked. No blood was spilled; it wasn’t needed.

Times changed, though, and as history swept away the dust of what once was, crueler intentions replaced them. The summer elves grew tired of always seeing this seemingly dead piece of land just across the line in the sand, and they plotted to reclaim it and leave the dark elves with nothing at all to call their own. Slowly, they started working across the boundary and closing in. It was movement that was so slow, it was barely perceptible because elves lived for centuries sometimes, and they played the long game.

Unaware of the plotting of her own people, though, a sunkissed-haired young elven woman by the name of Mehri was stuck in what felt like a constant dream loop. Every night, her mind was flooded with visions of the same exact place. She didn’t know of its exact location, but it was right on the line between her peoples’ territory and the land of the dark elves. It was starting to haunt her to no end.

Somehow, Mehri got it into her head that if she actually found the place from her dreams, the dreams would go away. And so that is the situation that our story begins upon.

It wasn’t a place many elves laid eyes on and Mehri hadn’t seen it herself since she was much smaller. Though she was young by elf standards, only having survived through forty two years so far, it wasn’t common for just anyone to be wandering around close to the border. Some considered it a dangerous place to be even though it was almost entirely uneventful, and others just preferred to stay in spaces where the land was rich with elven glory. There weren’t any rules in place about avoiding the line, though, so anyone could explore it if they wished.

When she first got there, Mehri wasn’t quite sure what to look for. She imagined that she would recognize the image from her dreams if it appeared right in front of her, but the line extended quite a distance in either direction of her current location and she didn’t feel like just picking a direction and trotting along would really help her. Nonetheless, it seemed like the only thing the young elf could really do. Spinning on her heels, Mehri allowed herself to rotate until she had no idea which way was which and when she stopped, she started walking down the line in the direction she was facing. Her bare feet felt odd against the sand but it wasn’t because there was anything wrong with her feet. Sand was an unusual surface texture around her home because it was so rare that the earth beneath their feet was dry. Here at the line between dark and summer, though, everything was different than what Mehri was used to.

As she meandered along seeking anything familiar from her dreams, the young elf’s ears caught the sound of something approaching. Her head turned - probably faster than she intended - Mehri’s eyes fell upon another woman. She wore a cloak of pure black and it seemed to swirl around her like an ethereal force the likes of which Mehri had never seen before. The woman knocked an arrow and aimed it straight at the vibrant summer elf. “I’m sorry,” she seemed to sing. “If I don’t do this now, you will be the death of more than you know.” However, just as the arrow was loose, Mehri reached into the earth and snatched it out of the air with a branch before allowing herself to sink into the earth.

Whit was left gasping for breath. She’d sprinted to that very spot, after all. She had no idea where the summer elf had gone, but she hoped to never see the woman again, for it was that same woman who haunted her dreams and whispered death for her people. Turning on her heels, Whit walked away from it all, unaware that she’d been followed to that very scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back