• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Siren's Call

She smiled a bit "I promise I'll be careful. The more you worry the more stress you're going to cause yourself" she sighed, looking at him "Really. You shouldn't worry so much - but I do appreciate it" she said with a light smile as she got up and stretched "Now....how about some food? I"m starving" she grinned.

He smiled and got up to make them breakfast. He was still uncertain about her going and interacting with other people, but he guessed that he couldn't really stop her from doing it.

She smiled a bit and got up as well, following him to the kitchen. While she waited for him to cook food, she looked around the rest of the house since she hadn't really explored it before. "Hey! What's this black box thing?" she called from the living room, looking at the tv and inspecting it curiously. She accidentally hit a button, causing the screen to come to life, and she squeaked a bit in surprise, stumbling back and falling on her butt as she stared up at the screen with wide, awed eyes, watching the people interacting on the screen, wondering how they were inside the box.

Dante started making eggs, looking over to see Naomi's incident with the tv. "That's a tv." He said. "It displays moving images for entertainment."

She looked at him curiously as she was searching all around the tv "How does it work?" she asked curiously "How do all these people get inside such a small box? I can't even see where it opens..." she said, really confused as she tried to understand. Human technology was just so weird.

"There aren't any people in the box, it just seems like there are." He explained, setting her plate down in front of her.

"I really don't understand...." she pouted as she sat down and took the plate, staring at the screen "Humans really do live in a different world" She said and smiled "It really is interesting" she said as she took a bite of the food.

"I bet I would be thinking the same thing if I were to go underwater, where you live." It's hard to understand something that you've had no experience with before."

She nodded a bit with a smile "I should take you some time!" she said with a grin "I would love to show you underwater. And you're a great swimmer so that'd be no problem" she said as she ate her food happily, enjoying it and asking what the food was this time.

She blinked a bit and frowned as she looked to him, before smiling again "That's not a problem! I can help you with that" she said with a grin "With a kiss from a mermaid underwater, a human is able to breath underwater" she said with a small smile "Of course, no one has done it in ages, simply because we tend to stay away from humans. But that shouldn't matter" she said with a smile.

"Really? I didn't know that it was possible to do that... I'm sure your family wouldn't approve of me, though..." He said with a sly smile.

She smiled a bit and shrugged her shoulders "Well, we can avoid my family at first. I'm sure if I went back right now they wouldn't let me leave even if I wanted to - which i definitely would" she said as she sighed, getting in a bit of a bad mood just thinking about her family "No matter how kind you are, they certainly wouldn't approve of me bringing a human to where we live. They'd think I were endangering the clan or something" She rolled her eyes but then smiled at him "So...I'm sorry you can't see other mermaids and mermen, but I promise undersea is just as exciting without them."

"I would love that..." He said. He was touched at her offer. He knew that she didn't have to, seeing as how he had no idea that it was possible. Dante would love go underwater and see what her life was like and share her experiences.

She smiled a bit excitedly "Why don't we do that today, then? We have plenty of time, right? DO you have other plans? And then we can go meet those people for that dinner they wanted" She said with an excited smile.

"We can definitely go today." He smiled at her. "However, if we do, we can't go to the dinner because you'll most likely still be changing..."

She smiled excitedly when the other said they could go, but then said they probably couldn't go to the dinner. She frowned a bit at that "Oh...then I guess we shouldn't, huh? It wouldn't be good to not go to a dinner that we had previously agreed upon. Plus it would probably make them suspicious if we didn't go, right?" she said with a pout.

"It would make them suspicious even if we did go. You refuse to wear clothes, you can't use silverware, and you don't know what half of the things inside a house are or what they do. It would tip them off immediately."

She pouted a bit childishly "I don't refuse to wear them. I just don't like to" she responded back childishly, before he continued on about all the things that she did wrong and clearly were obvious about her. She frowned a bit and looked to the ground, feeling like he was scolding her "I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's not your fault..." He kissed her on the cheek. "I was just trying to make a point. I'm sorry if I upset you..."

She sighed a bit "I just wish I wasn't so much trouble. I really am a terrible human" she mumbled, sighing as she flopped herself onto the couch, looking up at him "I didn't mean to cause suspicion. I just wanted to experience land..."

"It's alright. You didn't neccecerally do anything wrong, circumstances just had those guys come along right in time to screw everything up..." He put a hand on her cheek. "And you're not terrible. You're the most amazing person I've ever known..."

She sighed a bit, looking up at the other with a smile "Thanks...but you don't have to say that. I really do suck at being human. Really, I'm no good at it. I mean, i guess it only makes sense, since I'm not human, technically....oh well...." she sighed a bit with a small smile looking up at him "So what should we do then? Go swim? Or the dinner?"

"Let's go swimming." He said with a smile. "Besides, they can't come here again. I put up no trespassing signs so that they can't be here unless I invite them, so we should be safe." He kissed her on the cheek.

She smiled a bit and nodded excitedly, glad to be able to go swimming "Although, don't you think it makes it suspicious more, putting up signs after they came here asking about mermaids?" she said as she got up from the couch, kissing his cheek back with a smile "About swimming, I was thinking. Do you have a small boat or something? Like a canoe or rowboat of sorts? If you did it would be easier, we can just go back to that when where done, bringing it out further into the sea, so when were done I can dry out on that, in the middle of the sea where no one can see us. So that way you don't have to carry me, and I don't risk being seen" she suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back