• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Siren's Call

"Mermaids? Hold on, let me get this straight... You come at three. Fucking. O'clock. Knocking on my door, and waking me and my girlfriend up. To ask me about mermaids?..." He said, clearly pissed off.

(Haha, it didn't have to be that early xD )

The guy raised an eyebrow, narrowing his eyes slightly "You have a girlfriend? You just recently moved in, and you hardly come into town. How'd you meet a girlfriend already?" he asked suspiciously before smiling "I"m sorry we woke you, why doesn't she come to the door so we can properly apologize?" he said.

Dante eyed them suspiciously. "Fine, let me go get her." He shut the door and walked towards the bedroom. Shaking Naomi amake gently, he told her about the situation. "Whatever they ask, your my girlfriend. You came here with me, but you had to take a later flight because mine was full. You're wearing my clothes because we haven't finished moving everything over here, and your clothes haven't been moved yet. We were friends during high school, that's how we met. Got all of that?" He was panicking a bit.

Naomi was so tired that she had fallen back asleep while Dante had gone to talk to whoever was at the door. She groaned as she was shaken back away and she frowned, looking up at him "What?" she asked curiously as he spoke to her in a slightly rushed and panicked voice. She sat up on the bed, looking at him curiously before she was handed a t-shirt and boxers. She looked at them confused, before back at him "Uhm...m-maybe, sure...." she said, feeling nervous because of the way he was acting. She squirmed as she tried putting the clothes on, not knowing how to and fumbling with them "Whats going on?" she asked, she put her arms through the leg holes of the boxers and over her head, tangling herself up in the foreign objects of clothes.

Dante helped her get dressed and explained what was going on again. "There are a couple of guys at the door that are asking about mermaids and are asking to see you. They might have seen us swimming or something, I don't know..."

She blinked a bit, frowning "They saw...?" she spoke a bit worriedly, then became a bit naively excited "Oh! But they could be just like you!" she said as she finally got the clothes on with his help "This will be fun!" she said, thinking of it like an experience. After meeting Dante, she didn't think that humans could really be so terrible, like her family described. Smiling, she went out to greet the people who were standing by the front door "Hello!" she greeted cheerily, all signs of sleep gone from her face.

He was genuinely scared now. She didn't give him enough time to warn her that these guys were definitely not like him. He walked over to the door by her and waited to cover up whatever mess she made.

As Naomi went out to greet the two, they looked at her a bit suspiciously with how cheerily she greeted them. "Goodmorning miss, we're sorry to have disturbed your sleep" one spoke, before the other continued "As we were telling your uh...boyfriend...here, we were just worried about some rumors of a mermaid hanging around nearby. You know, they can be pretty dangerous despite their looks" he said, eyeing her a bit curiously "Which speaking of, you're really quite beautiful yourself Miss, uh..." the other added, not knowing her name. "Naomi" she gave with a small smile.

"Alright. You've apologized. You've asked your question. Now leave. You're trespassing on private property." Dante said with steel in his voice.

"Hey hey, no need to be so cold shouldered, Dante" he said with a friendly smile "We were just worried about you, since you lived closer to the water than some others. We thought if anyone saw the maiden it'd be you. So, we were just worried about you being caught by her charms and losing control of yourself. They're really slick bitches, y'know" he said, causing Naomi to frown slightly as she glanced to Dante. She hoped he didn't believe those words...even if it was partly true, that mermaids could do things like that, she wasn't with him. "We were just worried since we thought you were all alone out here.....but we see you got yourself a girl to hold you down" he grinned a bit, eyeing Naomi before looking between the two "Speaking of....how long have you two been together? You don't seem very close...no offense" the guy said, raising his hands in defense. Naomi panicked a bit at his question, not knowing what to say since Dante hadn't given her something to answer that kind of question with.

"We've known each other since high school, thank you for asking. And I thank you for your concern, but I don't need you coming around before the sun has even come up, talking about creatures that don't even exist."

The man frowned a bit at Dante's response "I was asking your girl, mate. Can't she speak for herself?" he asked before raising an eye at his next comment "Oh, they exist, my friend, I can assure you that. They're not some legend to be joking about around here, y'know. You just moved here, so we're just trying to watch out for you. Why don't my wife and I take out guys out for some food tomorrow, some dinner? You know, just to apologize properly and all" he offered, Naomi's eyes lighting up at the idea 'That sounds great!" she said, jumping at the opportunity to go into town, meet more humans, and eat more types of human food.

"I appreciate the gesture. We're free tomorrow so I guess we could go." He turned to Naomi. "You wanna go?" He asked.

Naomi smiled a bit with Dante said they could go and she nodded her head excitedly. The man just smiled a bit and nodded "Perfect, we'll come by to get you guys in the evening. Say around six?" they said before heading back out the front door, "Go back to sleep, We're sorry for disturbing you" he said with a deceivingly kind smile before the two men left. Naomi smiled a bit, looking to the other "Why were you so nervous? They didn't seem so bad!" she said naively.

"You don't understand. They were pretending to be nice. Why do you think that they would just happen to show up here and start asking about mermaids? And how the hell do they know my name?"

She frowned a bit at how worked up he was getting over it "A lot of people on these islands around here believe in mermaids...and they said you just moved here? So, it's a small island...they probably know you just moved here and who you are because its a small population. They strongly believe in mermaids and just wanted to warn you" she said completely innocently with a frown.

"I'm just really worried about you... I'm sorry to say this but you're too trusting... I've been around humans all my life, so I know how to spot a bad one. You've only met three, and you weren't even around two of them for five minutes. Trust me on this, ok?..."

She pouted a bit and nodded her head in resignation "Okay" she said "Well....lets go back to sleep for now, then" she said, taking his hand with a smile and pulling him along back to the bed, laying down and pulling him next to her "Either way...I'm glad you didn't believe what they said about me...well, mermaids, in general I suppose" she said with a smile.

He smiled back at her. "I trust you... I'd believe anything you said over anyone's word, because I know that you'd never lie to me..." He snuggled closer to her, wrapping his arms around her.

She smiled happily and kissed his cheek as she rested her head back onto his chest. Closing her eyes, it didn't take her long before she was back fast and sound asleep snuggled up in his arms and on his chest.

Dante was very worried about Naomi. He wasn't sure if he could keep her safe if those guys found out what she was. He was too scared for her safety to sleep that night, so he lay there, holding her in his arms. Making sure she was safe...

Naomi was able to go right back to sleep without much of a worry. She didn't understand humans too well, so figured it best not to dwell and what ifs, and such possibilities. She smiled in herself, sleeping well until a few hours after the sun rose. Yawning, she looked up to find Dante awake, and she smiled up at him "Morning...again" she giggled "how long have you been awake?"

She blinked a bit and frowned "No? Why not?" she asked, sitting up as she leaned over him kissing him lightly "Don't tell me you were that worried?" she sighed, looking at him concerned.

"I'm really worried about you... I'm not sure if I can keep you safe in a worst case scenario, and I can't hide you forever. They're probably going to try to spill some water on you or something tomorrow... And then your only choice would be to leave, because it wouldn't be safe for you anymore..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back