• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

A Siren's Call

She shook her head "No, there's usually a bond. Mermaids and men won't just reproduce with any other. Usually there's a whole system of courting. The men typically having competition with other men, as they're trying to impress whichever mermaid it is they're courting. Sometimes by a show of strength, or which male is the most well-groomed, or most colorful scales....just like other species, really. Is that not how it works with humans?"

"It kind of is..." He replied. "Except the male will usually demonstrate all if his qualities directly to the female without the element of competition, as usually only one male will court a female at a time." He explained. "How long does the courting period last for your people?"

As he continued to ask questioned, she rolled off of him and onto the bed beside him, humming in delight as she hugged a pillow to her chest and head "This things are just so soft and comfortable" she giggled, getting distracted like a little kid "Oh" she said, answering his question "I suppose it varies. Depends how long it takes for a maid to take a liking to one of the men" she said with a shrug of her shoulders in thoughts "some give in right away, some play hard to get....really it depends" she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"And what type are you?..." He asked, rolling into his side and propping himself up on an elbow to look at her.

She looked up form the pillow that was hugging into her face and chest, looking at him with a mischievous grin "What type do you think I am?" she asked tauntingly with a grin.

She gasped a bit and giggled when he suddenly tackled her "We'll, I've never been courted on by a human before so I wouldn't know" She said with a slight grin as she wrapped her arms around his neck, smirking up at him "Do you have a type?" she then asked curiously.

"Hmmm... Let's see... I like beautiful, so... You. You're my type." He responded with a smile, kissing her.

She smiled up at him when he said that and she kissed him back, hugging him a little closer. She didn't know why she liked Dante so much, but she did. She enjoyed being on land, and glad that he was the one that had found her.

He wrapped his arms around her and snuggled even closer. He enjoyed being with her, even though he didn't know why she chose to stay with him. He was glad she did, though. He had gotten so used to her being around that he didn't really think of her as different or abnormal, just as a person. An extraordanary person...

She smiled a bit before she finally broke the kiss, catching her breath as she cuddled closer to him "We should get some sleep, it's pretty late" she said as she moved so she could rest her head on his chest comfortably.

She laughed a bit seeing the disappointment in his face "You don't want to sleep? What else would you rather do, then?" she asked as she looked at him, smiling a bit "Do you not have a task to do tomorrow?" she asked curiously, task in her sense, meaning a job. Even in the sea her merpeople had a version of 'jobs' where they would each contribute to their living and such. She assumed humans had some sort of similar way of living.

"Nope." He said with a smile. "I'm all yours tomorrow..." He winked at her. "What do you want to do tonight?" He asked, wondering what merpeople did at night if they didn't sleep.

Naomi just shrugged her shoulders "How should I know...I don't really know what humans do to begin with..." she said, not knowing what he wanted to do.

She raised an eyebrow, thinking about his question "What do we do...? Not much, usually we sleep, like smart people" she teased the other with a smirk.

She laughed a bit, snuggling closer to him "Hey, tomorrow will you show me around the island? Or whatevers close? I want to see more of land" she said with a smile.

He hesitated for a second. "I guess... You'll have to wear clothes, though. In case we're seen..." He kissed her on the cheek.

She grinned a bit and squealed in excitement "Thank you! I can do that!" she said excitedly with a smile, hugging closer to him and kissing him "Now I really do want to go to sleep" she giggled, wanting it to be tomorrow already so she could see more of land.

Dante gave a resigned sigh. "Alright, I guess we can sleep now..." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist.

She grinned a bit and hugged him closer "Thank you!" she said again, smiling up at him as she watched him for a few minutes before closing her eyes, looking forward to tomorrow and exploring more of the land. Little did either of them know they would be rudely awaken the next morning by a knocking on the front door.

Dante woke up abruptly to a loud banging on the front door. Seeing that Naomi was up as well, he told her to stay there and went to investigate.

Hearing the knocking at the door, Naomi groaned, rolling over in her sleep. Squinting her eyes open, she yawned, rubbing her face as she looked to Dante confused "What's that?" she mumbled, half asleep. When he said to stay and he went to answer the door, she just tiredly nodded her head, before snuggling back into the sheets.

There were two guys there at the door, knocking patiently as they waited for an answer. When Dante finally opened the door, one man grinned at him, trying to act friendly "hey there buddy, sorry to wake you up but there are a few rumors going around the island, so we decided to come check it out for ourselves. Have you hear anything about there being mermaids around here lately?" he inquired skeptically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back