• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

BUG

Tags: Allison bread-and-butterflies bread-and-butterflies | Location: On The Road Again 🚚 Houston, TX

Bug was still quiet, though he was giving directions now and then, the right ones. He couldn't even look up and out the window, play the 'I Spy' game, car bingo, slug bug, or any of it. There was the occasional sniffle, and the rubbing of a hand against his face. He tried to play it off like his face just itched, and was totally not wiping away a stray tear or two.

When Ally asked about him, and the house, Bug took a glance her way. Eyes were slightly red, definitely watery, and his lower chin trembled. "I.. It.." Lips closed and pressed tight, then did that wibble wobble motion of one who wasn't sure if they could talk about it.

After a few moments, Bug did, glancing back down at the phone app to hide his expressions. "I used to live there. As a kid. They were gonna be my adoptive family." The 'but' hung in the air like a rotting tangible thing. Occasionally, Bug's fingers could be seen clenching at the fabric of his pants.

His voice dropped, "Until... I found out what I was." Just looking at the place filled him with memories, crisp, vivid and full of happiness, then great sorrow and heartache. One hand moved to press against his chest, fingers pat pat patting softly to comfort himself.

"Billy.. he was younger than I was. And.. we were playing, when... it happened. He.. was allergic to ... bee stings and... I.. I couldn't control.. what I changed into and it justallhappenedandIdidn'tmean..." He stopped, having to choke back a sob by pressing a fist against his mouth.

It took a long minute before he could breathe normally, much less continue. Voice ragged, quiet, defeated, "I was twelve, and I left. Lived on the streets ever since."

coded by natasha.

Roje.png
1592863457297.png
Interactions: Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees | Location: Block C

Roje couldn't help the smirk that made its way onto her lips. Bingo. She hit a nerve just by calling him "Soda". Now that was the name she was going to stick to for a while till he actually did try to come at her. His reaction was definitely that of one of an angry teen, especially one with an attitude He sounds like me when I was young. Though, I'd be calling the kettle black. I still act like this sometimes. she thought, her gaze locked with his as he glared at her with such sharpness that it could kill. Coda began to speak once again, and the vamp got up from her chair -yes, she was a little restless and couldn't stop moving- beginning to slowly walk around, her boots thumping lightly on the floor "I know why he has us working together, but it's not my place to tell. So I'll just leave you hanging with that information for now." even if the half-ling did make her job harder, she would still make it work because that's what she did. "Listen Soda," it wasn't gonna stop "You're gonna figure this out one way or another so."

She slid her hands into her back pockets, noting his soft voice as she glanced at the door and walked closer to him "I am in the coven's debt. They needed me for this, and here I am. If they order me to kill you, then I'll follow that order. If not, then, well, my life will literally be removed from this earth by force." she said in a softer tone herself, taking a glance at the door and was now closer than him then before. Close enough that he could yank her into a hug if he ever felt inclined to. Turning her attention back to him the vampire lifted her eyes up to him. Coda was definitely taller than her by a good 6 inches, but that didn't stop her from getting as close as he did. Before he could speak, she placed her finger over his lips, preventing him from talking as she tried to listen for the heartbeats outside the room. When she only heard one steady one, she dropped her hand and backed off from him "We had someone being nosy outside the door. Had to make sure he wasn't being a fly on the wall. Though no doubt the guard is being that right now. So watch what you say, or else it'll be used against you."

Indy
Tag: Out Of Words Out Of Words

"I... Avengers? A magician? So what? He pulled Bugs Bunny out of his magic hat and sent you, his magic fucking--I don't even, I mean, what even are you? A weasel or some shit?--so he sends some back-ass reject racoon to go break into my apartment and preach to me, a stranger about saving the world? I mean goddamn man what are you smoking?! You want to be superheroes? Did you even see the last Avengers movie?! I mean, spoilers, but you're leagues below a fucking dollar store Spiderman and I'm definitely not about to be---Fuck"

It exploded. The pain in her temples that had set the beat, progressively louder, each beat closer to the next, as the moon grew brighter, finally converged into one burst of bright pain that blinded her. Indy's feet stumbled over each other as she slapped her hand over her eyes, scratching her own cheek. Her fingers dug into the futon as she fell upon it.

There is a unique duality to Indy's existence, one she had long acknowledged.

First and fundamentally, between her two forms. But beyond that, in her life; as a daughter to both parent, each role requiring a mindset that acted in opposition to the other. Indy had built a life on dancing between fundamentally opposed moralities by believing in ethical neutrality; she could meditate in the evening, only to throw an unruly customer on the bar floor in the evening. She could threaten to release the location of a downtrodden family man to his angry bookies and later listen to podcasts on ego death without guilt.

Because Indy was good at balancing. She was a fucking cat--it's what they did.

But now, blinded by her own throbbing head, even she had to admit; the past few weeks... hissing at customers had only truly been the start. Even the strays avoided her in the same way they avoided old and dying cats, left to lay away from the colonies as they made peace. She couldn't balance anymore, not even down to the easiest portion of her identity--the two sides that split her between cat and human.

A bleeding moon sounded about as reasonable as a spiritual awakening.

And... Others. He mentioned others.

"Alright. God help me, but I'm listening." The piercing pain faded as Indy rolled her shoulders, feeling her neck click as the fur she had barely managed to suppress rolled down her arms like silk sleeves. "Don't know what your hodunk Houdini wants with me, but... Yeah. Can't deny what I see.

"And Reaper," she glanced up at the still naked man just barely covering his dignity with her jacket as he, once again, held out his hand. "...Is a stupid fucking name. So I guess it fits. Now will you please put on some pants."

Last edited:

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Chase Moon

Tags: Maddox KodakWolf KodakWolf | Road to Houston, TX

Chase grinned, wuffling with a touch of hunger to the sound when Maddox mentioned steakhouses. "Oh, what I wouldn't give for a nice rack of lamb." Seriously, he very nearly drooled then and there after only mentioning it. Then again, it could be his healing ability kicking the hunger up tenfold.

And sure enough, it was only ten minutes when Maddox was helping him work his way into the truck's passenger side. When Maddox got into the driver's seat, he found Chase staring at him rather intently, especially where the sun his his skin. Staring with a smirk.

Wuffle wuffle. "Well, at least you're not sparkling like some glitter fairy in the sun." He hadn't truthfully been expecting such, but it amused the hell out of Chase to let it run in his head, Maddox covered in sparkles. That only happens in the movies, the bad ones. Wuffle wuffle.

Maybe the amusement warped his thinking, or he was really naive, probably both. Definitely both. As Chase found himself settling into the seat comfortably, ready to find a place with lamb. Maybe it was the lack of pain as the sun was starting to set and that damnable red moon was about to rise. Whatever the cause, Chase wound up wuffling again.

"Well, if it helps, and I've recovered, let me know if you need more of this pedigree wolf blood."

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Foster Croft

Tags: Indy Rhyme Rhyme | Location: Brooklyn, New York

Foster let his outstretched hand rest by his side as the girl went off. He stood there, one eyebrow raised, head tilted to the right every so slightly, and let her just rant. Well, she ranted until something made her fall back onto a futon in obvious pain.

Concerned, Foster moved closer with the intention of seeing if she was okay. Only there she was insulting him, and his choice of superhero name. "Biiiiiiiiiitch." Even did a little lean back with his upper half. The word had a measure of respect, not going to lie, he appreciated someone who could hold their own against him without violence.

"First, Reaper is so not a stupid name. Grim fucking Reaper? Though.. well, okay maybe it's stupid because I'm as likely to reap a goddamn soul as I am to drink a bucket of sea cod in a cheese sauce so thick it'd hold your fat ass." Oh, see the grin on his face though. Verbal sparring was his jelly jam with peanut butter.

"Second, Avengers are still fucking awesome, they still got shit done even if they were beat like Ron Jeremy's wiener in his prime. Though really Spidey's definitely got something going on in that fucking sausage suit of his." His expression said he was giving all of this actual thought, but didn't want to linger on it.

"And third... I uh.. my bag's outside. I didn't want to risk losing it in here, which, excusefuckingme, was a fantastic idea, cause honey, you need a fucking maid like yesterday. Probably last year, actually. WHO DOESN'T EAT ALL OF THEIR PIZZA? Fuuuuuuuuck."

He was already moving toward the window with the intention of getting his bag with his clothing. "Damn non pizza loving messy ass Al Bundy bitch complaining about being a superfucking hero to save the world. Like that's going to be an oppordamntunity that comes around a lot."

He had let the jacket rest on the chair next to the window as he shifted forms. Again, the process took a couple of minutes, nothing was ever instantaneous, but there was room for improvement. The coatimundi kept on chortling, chirping and making all sorts of sounds which you just knew was Foster still going off.

The creature had just reached the ground and was moving to the bag stored behind some bins when he heard something about a replacement pizza, followed by the slamming of a window. Hisssssssss. Growling, chirping wildly, bag in tow, the coatimundi moved back up the fire escape and looked at the shut window, knowing the perfect reply.

Long claws tapped the glass pane a second before they were drug downward, making nails on a chalkboard seem pale in comparison. Chortle, chirp.

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Gavid ColdTags: None | Location: Point Pleasant, West Virginia

Worms. Worms under his skin.

Gavid rubbed at his arm in an attempt to soothe the irritation, but he knew it would be fruitless. It was like this every time his kind sensed impending disaster, an excitability under the skin that pointed in the general direction of whatever nearby calamity was going to happen, and it wouldn’t go away until after the event itself. So it had always been. He had been drawn to car crashes, building collapses, all sorts. It was usually a welcome sign, a chance to sate the innate curiosity inherent to all nhaaken.

But this last month had been different. What was usually a tingle of anticipation in one place had instead enveloped his entire body and had exacerbated into an almost painful writhing. He had no bearing to follow, no inclination of direction. Only this total-body discomfort.

Releasing his arm Gavid shuffled uncomfortably in the diner chair he had chosen, looking out the window at the sky, which was only just starting to hint at the approaching nightfall. He was in Point Pleasant, having headed home after the Coven had given him some time off, the glamour pendant they had given him hanging around his neck. He relished the time to see his tribe as always, but his visit home had not been entirely joyous - he had sought them out to see if they had any answers about his condition, or about the moon.

The bleeding moon. Gavid furrowed his brow at the sky. The elders had no answers, nor did the historians - the Ever-Verses, the spoken-word history of the nhaaken, made mention of crimson moons and their portents in stories that dated back centuries, but a bleeding moon was unheard of, as was his worsening condition. All the nhaaken had felt the full-body sense of danger, but it appeared that only Gavid himself was getting worse as time wore on, his kind's own nature seemingly turned against him. All that had been troubling enough, but a further concern was a stranger of their ken, a female from a western tribe, who had journeyed to find them.

She called herself Merith Sleep, and he knew the Sleep tribe lived very, very far west indeed. The nhaaken were small in number and spread across the globe and contact between the tribes was infrequent at best, so Merith’s presence was an event in itself. Gavid’s tribe, the Colds, was one of the oldest and their historians were some of the most dedicated, so the westerner had hoped to find answers about the moon where her own tribe had none. While staying with them she told stories of scores of fish washing up on their favoured lakes, emaciated and bleeding from the mouths. Her own elders had no explanation for that, nor for the omnipresent dread that itched at them since the moon had started to bleed.

A shiver stole across his shoulders. When night fell, the squirming beneath his skin would worsen, as it had the last few nights. It had started to hurt two days ago. He sighed and wondered for the hundredth time just how much worse it would get.

Yeo-Jin Park

β€œBecause, I would’ve done this the easy way, the hassle-free way--seeing you’re good looking under all that hair. But my partner thinks otherwise.” She emphasizes with a grunt as she stands up. β€œDon’t let what touch my skin?” At that moment she feels something brush against the back of her neck, she recoils, turning sharply to see Morgan’s tail whipping around.

β€œOh shit, it got me.” She rubs the spot where the tail had brushed her. Weird, she didn’t feel anything wrong.

β€œLooks like that didn’t work.” Grinning, she pulls Morgan to stand. She’s wary of the tail, taking a moment to grab it by the length and pushing it against his back. β€œWalk.”
All the tussling makes her hot under the PPE. So irritating. It could’ve gone easier too if Banks hadn’t gone trigger happy. Rich, coming from her, but at least she only had a streak with ramming into things.

β€œYou could’ve let me finish my bit!” She growls, baring serrated teeth. A crawling sea of red envelopes her periphery in tandem with a swollen emotion that seeps through her back, furious and burning. β€œAnd you!” She pushes Morgan to the staircase, β€œI identified as a cop! You don’t fight back!”

location: Florida β€’ tags β€’ mood β€’ Outfit β€’ interactions

Evelyn Harper

One thing Wright had in common with Jefferson was the charisma. He had it down to a pat. The old president could rouse a broken crowd with nothing but words and promises. Wright could do the same, if he so wished. Evelyn knew many a people like him in her lifetime, he mirrored their actions so much it almost hurt to see a sliver of her old companions living through other mortals.

He was welcoming.

It almost gave Evelyn the impression he was strong-armed into accepting this role of leader. A deduction made stronger when Wright escaped through the door whence he came. Unlike β€˜Matilda’ or Tilly’s tornado of an entry and an exit, his was calculated, precise. Almost like counting seconds until the end of a horrid business meeting with mortals.

She returned the gesture with a slight nod. A sound reached her ears, and she glanced towards the source, it came from Song. Was she laughing? What for? Evelyn must’ve missed an important exchange. It’s a pleasant sound nonetheless, unfortunate the girl had to live in a dreary existence as theirs. β€œI came to escape fancy soirees and mortals intending to court me just to be tossed to another form of group gathering. Fate is not kind.” She silently remarked as she picks up the duffel bag and slung it over her shoulder.

β€œLead the way, Mr.D’Shire.”
location: Houston β€’ tags β€’ mood β€’ Outfit β€’ interactions

Maddox Ward (Leif Hjalkarssen)
Tags: Chase Moon ( Out Of Words Out Of Words )

"No, I'm not sparkling like some glitter fairy in the sun." he spoke while looking at Chase sideways. He'd noticed the shifter's stare, and was sort of expecting something on that level. Everyone'd watched that damn movie, and it certainly wasn't one of those made by supernaturals to pass on false information to humans. It was false, but pretty useless unless you want to tease a real vampire. Maddox eventually gave in to a chuckle at the ridiculous picture that also crossed his mind.

Chase's next words caused Maddox's eyes to flash with that predatory glaze that seemed to cross his demeanor now and then, and he blinked, as if to wipe it out. Wasn't really a difficult task at the time. A quick glance at the shifter aimed to figure out whether he'd liked his new experience enough that he was willing to give it a second try, or if he was volunteering to sacrifice himself for the cause of saving the moon. Wouldn't influence the vampire's willingness to accept the offer, but he pondered that nevertheless.

"I will." he nodded and his lips tilted upwards in a satisfied smile as he pulled out of the hotel parking lot and into the road. He'd never fancied keeping someone as (referring back to Chase's own words) a blood doll of sorts. However, in this new context, it could prove mighty useful. He might still need to seek the occasional thrill of hunting, of killing; however, the new circumstances of working with a big group for who knows how long could mean he wouldn't be as free to go out whenever he pleased.

"Leif Hjalkarssen's my real name." he spoke shortly after, glancing at Chase but splitting his attention between the shifter and the road, and offering him a handshake. Better late than never, right? "Don't really mind which one you use."

Allison Hagan
empathetic/satisfied Houston, Texas outfit Bug Out Of Words Out Of Words

From just the brief glance of Bug's face, Allison knew she had hit on something painful for him. She was almost about to wave it off and change the subject when he finally began telling her what had happened. She made sure to give Bug her undivided attention, turning almost fully in her seat towards him and watching carefully as he told his story.

Having worked with many different shifters over her life, she had heard stories before about what that first transformation was like, though it obviously wasn't an experience she shared. It could be ugly, especially for those who weren't raised aware of their abilities. But this...

β€œOh hon..I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what that was like for you.” Allison put a hand on Bug's shoulder to comfort him. Her heart broke for the young man. β€œI'm sure it wasn't your fault. How could you have known?”

At this point, the car behind her began honking, the light having turned green at last. She turned to the rear-view mirror, staring daggers at the driver, and muttered β€œRemember,” then with a flick of her wrist, the honking ceased. Allison noted with satisfaction the drivers' cheeks growing flush with embarrassment.

Tsk. She turned back to Bug and gave his shoulder a final squeeze. β€œI'm sorry I brought up something so painful for you. But thank you for telling me.” With a small smile, she drew back her hand and finally drove through the intersection, the offending car following a respectful distance behind them, as if they'd been chastised. β€œI can pull over if you need a minute to recenter before we get to our destination. Otherwise, we should be there soon.”
code by yousmelldead

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Vacation's Over | Current Timeline: May 14th

Tags: Gavid Absurdisan Absurdisan | Location: Point Pleasant, WV

It wasn't long after the third quarter moon rose in the sky, in all its bleeding glory, when Gavid received a text message on that line. It was a special line, more magic than technology, on a phone they provided to Gavin upon his initial employment.

Penn & Teller
them
Ticket waiting for you at airport. Leave immediately.
them
Fly to Miami, Block C. Rendezvous with others heading home.
them
Provide escort home. Flight leaves tomorrow out of Miami.
them
Follow Protocol SAM. Acknowledge.

Upon Gavid's acknowledgement, the boarding pass would be sent to his phone. It was for the next flight out of West Virginia to Miami, Florida, first class ticket, and VIP airport screening pass. Which was good, because the plane would be leaving in an hour.

It would have him arrive in Miami shortly after midnight, where he would have a car waiting to take him to Block C. And at Block C, the current envoy would greet him and give him more details. Presumably, he would also meet the others he was taxed with escorting back to the Coven's home.

So much for vacation.

coded by natasha.

Great. He'd just had to let his stupid mouth run, and now Roje clearly wasn't going to drop this Soda thing anytime soon. Begrudgingly, he supposed he deserved it for not even bothering to pick a real name for his new chapter.

A two-bit halfbreed didn't deserve a real name. For sixteen years, he had deluded himself into thinking his sulfuric heart could pass for the real thing, thinking he might grow a soul if he just wanted it badly enough. Not so. All along, he had been clumsily stitched together, a voodoo doll hungry for pins. Names were for people. Feral dogs didn't have names.

A coda. An ending. An epilogue. It was the only thing that fit because it was the only thing he had left.

He listened, arms folded, brow scrunched up in irritation as Roje described a vague debt she owed to the coven: follow their orders or die. As much as Coda liked to pretend he was here on his own terms, following orders because they just happened to align with his goals, deep down he knew he was in a similar boat. Maybe he didn't have a specific debt as leverage, but the coven had him in the palm of their hand all the same.

So much for big, scary demon, one of the voices taunted. Half-bred, half-empty.

All at once, then, Roje approached him, encroaching swiftly on his space and trapping him there with that unnervingly perceptive gaze. He tried to back away, but he was already pressed up against the wallβ€”Roje left him with nowhere to go. Defensively, his hackles raised. What the hell did she want?

Before he could open his mouth to fire a caustic remark, though, Roje pressed a finger (warmer than he would expect from a vampire) over his lips, and Coda went rapidly corpse-stiffβ€”and as dumb as a corpse, too. Whatever brain cells he had left were clamoring to shove her away, but a feverish confusion rooted him in place. Sure, he was bad with people, but he wasn't that stupidβ€”he was fairly certain this wasn't par for the course in everyday conversation.

For a moment he was as entangled as a fly in a spider's web, and then Roje withdrew as quickly as she had approached, explaining that the guard was listening in on their conversation from outside.

Coda's ears were burning as a combination of anger and embarrassment swept through him like a fever. What a dumbass, he thoughtβ€”all it had taken for him to start squirming was some vampire getting a little too close for comfort. So much for that strong front.

"I know that," he spat defensively, pulling his hood further down over his face and crossing his arms sulkily across his chest. "No such thing as privacy here. And on that noteβ€”"

He gritted his teeth.

"Ever hear of personal space?"

Part of him wanted to rush forward and give her a retaliatory shove, but he knew vampires had sharp hearing. It was likely enough that she could hear his heart thumping in residual embarrassment at this distanceβ€”he certainly wasn't in a rush to close that distance and give her more to use against him.

( Tags: Britt-21 Britt-21 )

coda.

half-demon

Last edited:
Gavid ColdLocation: Miami, Florida

Gavid positively growled at the messages, but punched in a curt β€œAcknowledged” before sending it and slipping the phone into his coat pocket. He had hoped to ride out the night in the diner, grumbling as his skin-crawling worsened even under the shelter of its roof, but now he had to fly to the airport under the crimson light. Whatever they were planning had better be good, both to get him out under the moon and to cut his leave short. The thought was short-lived. They were many things, including frustratingly obtuse at times, but frivolous was not one of them. They had plans, and he had to follow them.

Grumbling, he heaved himself to his feet and paid for his drinks, ambling outside and grimacing as the red light hit him, disturbing the bugs that festered beneath his fur. He hurried his way to a dark patch of woodland outside town, and once there removed the pendant from around his neck, the glamour it cast on him dissipating as he reverted to his natural form. The phone would be fine and easily accessible if they contacted him further, summonable with a simple gesture from whatever secret place it retreated to when he became nhaaken once more.

He couldn’t savour the change as he once had, not with that bleeding aggravation looming over him, and that soured his mood further. Taking just a moment to tie the pendant around his wrist and flex his wings, he erupted from the ground, strong and silent as an owl gliding in for the kill. He cut through the air like a knife, a noiseless voyager even in his condition, and made his way to the airport.

The journey was uneventful - the tickets were sent to him and all was perfectly arranged, as they always were. With his glamour up, all was fine. First class allowed him space for his wings, as even when glamoured they were still there and human seats, especially airplane seats, were not designed for the winged. The car was there, nondescript and unassuming as ever, and he nodded to the driver once he had settled inside, feeling it rumble as it started its commute to Block C. He didn’t speak to the driver. Instead he went over the messages again, as he had done at West Virginia airport, and on the plane.

β€œRendezvous with others,” they read. β€œProvide escort home.” No explanation of who or what he was rendezvousing with, or any necessary precautions he may have to take for β€˜escorting’. Grumbling to himself once more at their accursed secrecy, he once again forced his attention to the last message.

Protocol SAM.

As the car arrived at Block C, his head slumped back with a loud sigh, his eyes pinched shut for a moment. This would prove to be an interesting couple of days.

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words

Indy
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words
"Biiiiiiitch."
Indy held up her hands in mock defense as the naked guy approached her. That jacket would need to be burned later. "Careful, string bean; standing there naked in my apartment and calling my ass fat, could be taken the wrong way. And no offense, but I'd rather fuck a bucket of ice." But her words went unheard as the guy--what was his name, Foster?--went on rambling about his shitty-ass half-baked self-imposed nickname and Spiderman.

She wasn't sure who was more insane, this box of half-melted crayons or the crackpot magician who trusted him with literally anything.

She watched as he retreated back to her window, blocking her gaze with one hand and shouting as he dropped the jacket and began to shift. "Al Bundy bitch? You off-brand pasty Peggy, I didn't ask to be some fucking hero and I definitely didn't ask for some oversized rat to be my sidekick." The aforementioned furry rat was scurrying back out the window, chirping and chortling in obvious fury as the fire escape creaked with his weight. Indy charged forward after him, ignoring the pounding in her brain as she threw the window fully open.

"And I was saving that pizza, fatass! Don't come back without another one!"

The window frame creaked violently as she slammed it shut. White paint chips sprayed across the floor, marking the final wave of rage before settling with the sudden silence.

Indy turned her back against the wall and slid down, resting carefully on the floor.

She breathed, carefully. Counting. It was impossible to process, all of it--but she needed to breathe.

Okay.

Okay, she could do this.

With each breath, the physical remnants of her anger slowly morphed back into human form. Even the fur on her arms slowly receded.

Was she really about to leave everything to follow that cheeky asshole?

The apartment around her seemed to stare back as she looked, for the first time, at the disarray. The complacent nest of chaos she had carefully constructed in her father's absence, a time capsule designed around the limited information and life he had gifted her. His life, which she carefully maintained for him.

Balancing had ceased a while ago. It had never been her tightrope to walk.

Face the unknown. The unknown carries only peace; both fear and yearning for the unknown stem from your ego. Let go. Maybe those old sermons from her childhood were good for something. She was due for some time off from the bar anyway and she didn't have any jobs open....

A horrible screeching broke her from her thoughts. Indy jerked up to see a creepy little face--was that a fucking smirk--peering at her as he dragged sharp claws down the glass. "Oh you little shit." Indy slammed her fist against the glass, watching the reverberations shake the pane. "What?" She shouted. "Not so easy breaking in the second time? Window's unlocked, figure your own way in before I call pest control. And if you call me Indigo again, I will skin you and use your shitty fur as a bar rag. My name is Indy."

Roje.png
1592931001078.png

"Nope. Lost my care of personal space a long time. Doesn't bother me." though she was tempted to continue making him fluster... It was pretty funny to see him act this way "You also don't know that because Key was still out there for a good while. I bet you had no idea about that." she pointed out, knowing very well he couldn't hear what she heard. There were things that she figured this kid was going to have to learn. He may not have heightened hearing like she did, but he could be more cautious and wary on who could be around, who could be listening. "Are you anxious?" Roje asked, slowly walking back over to him, standing right in his personal bubble again and leaning in a little close, moving his hood while a smile started to tug her lips on top of her tone turning a little bit more flirtatious "With the way your heart is beating, I feel like you cant handle a little bit of this in your space." just to add a little bit more to get him riled up, she gently brushed her fingers up against his cheek which had caused him to flinch and she couldn't help the laugh that erupted from her chest and she turned away, her laugh continuing as she moved to the kitchenette.​
Roje started to go through some of the cabinets, her back turned to him while looking for something "I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy my time being a bodyguard more than I thought. Get some free shit to help me out, a partner to mess around with, and a charge to teach how horrible the world really is. Life is gonna be pretty great." she paused both her movement and her words before speaking once again "Aside from the whole 'oh you're gonna die if your charge dies'" this was said in a mocking tone as she shook her head and glanced over at Coda to see if he looked like he wanted to attack her yet. Roje liked getting a little rowdy from time to time, so if he baited into what she wanted, she was definitely gonna have some fun.​

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Dinner Time | Current Timeline: May 13th

Tags: Evelyn Maeteris Maeteris Maylee Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees | Location: Wright Wranch

Shia gave a small nod of his head, "He's okay. Just evening is approaching, and with it, his visions seem to become more pronounced. Don't take offense if it looks like he doesn't see or hear you when the sun has set. From what I understand, it's difficult to separate the visions from this world."

One hand moved to rub along Shia's forehead briefly before he smoothed out his jacket, preparing to show them to some rooms. When Maylee asked about his own life, he gave her a smile. "I have resided here for a little before I was sent to find you and Miss Harper. Devlin needed a little assistance and it made sense to use one of the available rooms. I'm hoping to return home, that is what I'm here fighting for. The chance to have a home to return to."

Shia offered to help with any of the bags, "I'll show you to some rooms. Is upstairs fine? There are smaller bathrooms in each room, but not a full bath. You'll have your own sink and facilities, however the shower or bath are only available in the full bath. One per floor."

Upstairs had two spacious hallways, with rooms on either side, and at the end of the halls. One room at the end was pointed out as the full bathroom, which meant full; jaccuzzi bathtub, separate shower, double sink counter, even a small sitting space for once the shower or bath was done.

Shia showed the rooms, they all had slightly different styles, but overall they were rustic and just as spacious. King sized bed, fireplace, sitting area, shelves and everything else one would expect in a bedroom. The views were pretty nice, different points of the ranch, all quite scenic.

"Pick any room without a bag on the bed." As that one would be his. "Dinner should be ready in another five? I'm going to see if Tilly needs any help. I'll see you down there." Shia gave them both a bow before turning and heading back down to the kitchen.

Downstairs, Devlin greeted them and showed them to the dining room. It matched the house, rustic, but spacious. The fireplace was going, more for ambiance than heat, as the room was purposefully set to a comfortable temperature.

There were four place settings, as Tilly usually didn't eat at the same time, having snacked while cooking the meal. The ends of the table remained empty, with the settings two on either side of the table, facing each other. Devlin lingered, letting them select where they were the most comfortable before taking the last chair.

"Tilly has fixed a splendid meal of roast beef, mashed potatoes, peas and corn, rolls of course and well.. there's a lot of food. Don't worry about not cleaning your plate." Devlin chuckled as Tilly and Shia were putting dish after dish at either end of the table. Tilly would then take their plate, ask what they'd like, and give them an ample portion.

There was salad, and plenty of vegetables and fruit for those not so inclined toward meat. The drinks available were water, milk, Chianti or Pinot Noir, as well as Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon. Once everyone had their plates filled, and their glasses full, Devlin rumbled. "I'm not much of a religious man, but please feel free to take a moment of grace if you wish." And out of respect, he waited to take a bite.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Griffin Banks

Tags: Yeo-Jin Maeteris Maeteris | Location: Orlando, Florida

Banks' eyes narrowed when Park seemed to think it didn't affect her. He watched as Morgan was pulled upright and pushed toward the stairs. He suspected it was affecting her when the serrated teeth were flashed his way with a growl. One hand dipped into a pocket for the antidote vial even as she pushed the cat-fae-thing harder.

Morgan seemed to be following orders, and not fighting back. Even when Banks said, "Hey Park." As soon as Banks had her attention, he sprayed the antidote at the same spot where the dust came in contact with her skin, and hoped it worked.

If it did work, it'd be at least half a minute, "Pretty sure it got you. Better safe than sorry, right?" They still had one antidote, and he hadn't really checked to see if the one spray used up everything in the vial or if there was some left.

However, when Banks got Park's attention, Morgan counted to ten in his head, then suddenly bolted forward. Cat's tails were slippery things to hold onto, and Morgan counted on that as he raced toward the door left open at the top of the basement stairs.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Chase Moon

Tags: Maddox KodakWolf KodakWolf | Road to Houston, TX

Chase laughed when Maddox knew exactly what he was talking about. "Got suckered into watching that too, eh?" Chase shifted a bit in the seat. He could feel his legs again, but the pain was just a faded ache at the moment. Which had him suddenly thinking on something that could be important.

However, it was interrupted with Maddox giving his real name. That drew Chase's gaze back to the vampire, along with a few quiet wuffles as he shook the offered hand. And then there was the slow grin, unable to stop himself from adding, "I don't recommend ever saying the line 'I am a Leif on the wind. Watch me soar.' You know, just in case." The following wuffles were filled with amusement.

"Thanks for telling me though. Did I ever tell you my last name?" Chase didn't think he had. Wuffle of the slightly embarrassed kind. "It's Moon. I'm Chase Moon." He chuckled anyway. "Full name, in my community, is Chases-The-Moon. Seems fitting that I'm tied to this thing."

Which rang a little bell in the back of his head, reminding him of his previous line of thinking. "Speaking of.. I had a thought. Like.. after you had your one for the road..." Wuffle wuffle. Grin. "My pain disappeared for a while. I can feel it creeping slowly back but.."

Chase's head tilted to the side, one could hear the gears turning in his head. "Does that mean, it's something in the blood? Shia said the tethers he could see between us and the moon were like veins, the same color as the bleeding on the moon."

coded by natasha.

Luna
Luna was crouched in the grass, fingers rubbing her necklace charm. The last rumour was a bust, but she found this field atleast. Despite there being no reported fires, the grass was ashen. Ashen, but still growing. She knew it was a piece of the puzzle, knew that it was important, but it was a drop in the ocean and she was no wiser for seeing it.

Still, she took a few pictures, and made notes in her personal journal. Perhaps the Praetor could glean some meaning. She made the call as soon as she returned to her car.

"Hey." She said, as soon as she heard it pick up, "It's Luna. The leech bolted, took flight, outside help. I'm tracking the flight, but I may need backup. I also found some celestial anomalies. I'll be sending pictures your way. Over." The days of needing to say 'over' may have been long gone, but she still found it useful for long winded explanations.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

BUG

Tags: Allison bread-and-butterflies bread-and-butterflies | Location: On The Road Again 🚚 Houston, TX

Bug at first shook his head, but then gave a nod. "Yes, just.. just for a few minutes, please." When Allison did find a spot to pull over, Bug covered his face with both his hands. He had to let it out, for a minute, maybe two.

When he was able to sit upright, one hand fell to his chest, doing the finger splayed and patting habit he had been indulging as of late. Other hand wiped at his face with soft chitters and chirps. "It really sucked cause, they were really nice. No one had wanted a ten year old, too old, not cute, though.. I know I was cute." Bug did two snaps because that was Bug.

"They picked me. Me out of everyone else at the home." Bug scoffed, and like most noises he made, there was some insect sound underneath, like background music in a movie, always there. "Maybe that's why I don't know who my Cypher family is. We just .. don't do well in a family."

Bug then turned his head and looked at Ally, fingers over the heart pat patting again. "You saved my life, you know. From the evil bug lamp of death." And the way he said death, was drawn out, low, raspy, complete with a scrunched up nose. "Can.. can I call you family?"

coded by natasha.

"Whatever. I figured," Coda lied when Roje informed him that Key had been listening outside the door. "He doesn't know how to keep his nose out of others' business."

The thought wasn't a comfort, though, for sure, and he found himself resentfully envious of the vampire woman's sharp sense of hearing. In his baseline state, his eyes and ears weren't any sharper than the average human'sβ€”perhaps even less so in the latter's case, since the average human didn't have a cacophony of unwanted voices swimming around in their head. He could get sharper, stronger, if he wanted to, but the only way to do that was feed off of a fresh soulβ€”and feeding his demonic side had a whole host of other effects, too.

It had been a while since he had fed. For most of his life, he hadn't even known he could. Even now, his hunger for souls was less of a necessary nourishment and more of a compulsion, a ravenous pit inside him that widened in tandem with each drop of blood coloring the moon.

Maybe one day it'll swallow me up.

All at once, then, Roje was back in his space, shaking him abruptly from his thoughts. Teasingly, she pushed his hood back, and he again went stiff, baring his teeth at her through the hot flush that had invaded his cheeks. What was with her and getting in his face? It couldn't be that fun.

Abruptly, Roje reached up and dragged her fingers across his cheek, and before his brain could send the order to his muscles to don't you fucking dare, he had flinched. The humiliation flashed hot as Roje laughed and turned away, and anger was swift on its heelsβ€”the two of them ping-ponging in his head so swiftly that he was starting to feel dizzy.

Roje was speaking, still, but Coda could barely pick out any words through the sound of his teeth gnashing so hard together they seemed ready to crack. If there was one thing he hated more than anything else, it was being laughed at, and if Roje thought this was so funnyβ€”

He faltered for a moment, imagining he could hear Key's irritating voice nagging at the back of his mind. He was supposed to be working on his people skills, after all.

Fuck Key. He had been itching, aching for a fight, spurred especially by the heady weight of the moon.

"So you want to be in my space that bad?" he growled at Roje's back and then lunged forward, aiming a swift, reckless, and altogether unnecessary left hook.

Then again, he didn't have much of a track record for good decisions.

( Tags: Britt-21 Britt-21 )

coda.

half-demon

Allison Hagan
sentimental Houston, Texas outfit Bug Out Of Words Out Of Words

As soon as Bug confirmed he wanted to pull over, she quickly and smoothly turned down a sidestreet. She parked and put her hands in her lap, looking down and staying silent to give Bug as much privacy as she practically could. She only looked up when he began to speak but remained quiet, only nodding to indicate she was listening.

When Bug asked if he could call her family, her eyes widened slightly and she turned away, lost in thought for a few moments. The rational part of her mind immediately shot down the proposal. She barely knew this man, and agreeing to such a proclamation would be tantamount to an oath. And oaths were sacrosanct to her and the coven, and could not be taken lightly.

But on the other hand...this young man had been through so much. Perhaps she was getting sentimental in her old age, or it was the strain from the moon, or the lack of sleep, but she really didn't cherish the thought of letting him down.

Without looking at Bug, she spoke. β€œI've never had children. My family has always just been me and my mom. Neither of us had any siblings, and my dad...” She shook her head. β€œTsk. Well, let's just say he's not in the picture.”

She sighed, slumping in her seat and folding her hands together. β€œHonestly, I don't know how well I could be 'family'...it's not something I have a lot of experience with. But...” She tapped a finger thoughtfully on her chin. β€œI could be your mentor. The Obi Wan to your Luke.” She winked at Bug with a small grin. This was still an oath, but one of a different kind, one she'd taken many times before. β€œHow does that sound?”
code by yousmelldead

Evelyn Harper

Evelyn picked the farthest vacant room, determined not to be disturbed by the coming and goings of the others when they do arrive. Her temporary accommodations were acceptable, despite lacking a proper lavatory. It was okay, she’d lived in worse conditions. Her coat is shrugged off and laid on the crisp white duvet. She savored the pine and oak aroma permeating the air, padding along the wall, feeling the smooth interlocking wooden panels until she came upon a clear and wide casement window.

She pulled the curtains together, a shade of iron-silver, blending in nicely with the overall wooden tones. Without another pause, she slowly sat down at the edge of the bed, sinking slightly before completely allowing herself to be enveloped by the mattress. A candlelight chandelier hung overhead, it’s fiery light dancing to the tune of an absent wind. Thick wooden columns crossed the ceiling, just the adequate length and width to block a percentage of light from the down lights to create just the correct atmosphere.

Some thought had been put into the construction, and she couldn’t help but appreciate the effort.

There was still time before dinner. If she had her way, she wouldn’t bother attending, instead had it sent up to her to dine in solitary and perhaps further admire the scenery in her lonesome. But she was a guest, and etiquette must be preserved. She sighed but got up, adjusting herself so she sat cross legged. Maybe an hour of commune with her spirit would help lighten her mood.

xxx

Wright was waiting for them downstairs, she greeted him with a shallow nod, and let herself be guided towards an opulent two in one room consisting of a lounge and the dining area. Their footsteps resounded on the wooden floor paneling. Fire cracked and whispered embers, the chaotic tones clashing with the filtered white of the low hanging chandelier. She just couldn’t keep her gaze locked, seemingly having a mind of their own for the best part of her arrival. Evelyn sat down, having no recollection of doing so at all, she’d been admiring the bare ceiling; an illogical choice yet so aesthetic.

β€œYes… Yes..” She said absently, then blinking as her mind clicked. β€œSalad, peas and a glass of water.” She told Matilda. "Please." She added as an afterthought. The older woman worked quickly, almost instantly the requested food items were on her plate. Her stomach protested, thankfully inaudible. She ate meticulously, taking her time to relish the aroma, the sights and sounds. Evelyn didn’t forget about Song though, loathe as she was to admit it, Song was the only other person in her immediate presence that wasn’t affiliated with Wright, thus her only lifeline if metaphorical feces were to hit the fan. So it begged reason not to let the mortal out of her sight for extended periods of time.

Easier thought than done.

She picked a sole pea with a poke of her fork, and gently trapped it between her teeth and pulled. Really, she should’ve watched which room Song had picked and then picked the neighboring one, at least there’d be reason for her to occasionally visit under the guise of… neighbours? Tch. Mortals were unnecessarily difficult. What excuse would be pertinent enough to warrant a twenty four seven observation on Song? Why would she--Evelyn need a reason? She could watch if she wanted. In an ideal world, that'd been preferable. But surrounded by mortals, that was impossible.
location: Houston β€’ tags β€’ mood β€’ Outfit β€’ interactions

Roje.png
1592947671451.png

The biggest grin had plastered itself onto the Vampire's lips as Coda came charging right at her. This is what she wanted, she wanted the thrill, wanted some kind of action to happen in this boring ass room. As his messy left hook came for her, she caught it with her right hand and used her left to punch him right into his stomach, though it didn't stop there as she used her fist to keep pushing into his gut while the hand that caught his hand was being yanked, making sure he was being lifted into the air before causing him to be flipped over her and onto his back. Falling onto the ground with a loud thump and giving Roje the satisfaction of flipping this kid. Turning to look at him, she slowly backed off, the grin never wiping off her face "I don't mind this, Soda. C'mon. Show me what you got. Since you want to be Mr Hot Shot and come at a woman." she cracked her neck, rolled her shoulders and then moved to crack her knuckles. "Not that I mind, I like to see what really lies underneath." no doubt the guard would come in to stop them, but even then, the guard could potentially get hurt in the process.

Even if he did come in, Roje knew how to control her actions, Coda on the other hand...She didn't know how much control he really had, but by seeing how fast he came at her, it was obviously not a lot. "Here, I'll tell you a bit about myself." she moved some chairs, getting them out of the way while he was still on the floor. Making sure they didn't go breaking anything...yet. "I was a bouncer for a few years, I also trained with a werewolf practically every day." her attention turned to Coda once she was done, slowly shifting her stance, preparing for anything else he had up his sleeve "Nine years of training and a bite to the neck. That's all it took. I've had enough training to tell where your skills lack, and where your weaknesses are." she pursed her lips, her expression still playful "I can always teach you a few things here and there, if you promise not to hurt lil ol' me." she taunted, finding this very amusing.​

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Block C | Current Timeline: May 14th

Tags: Gavid Absurdisan Absurdisan | Location: Miami, FL

The driver had to prompt Gavid to get out of the car by holding the door open for him. "They're waiting inside." Indeed, they were. There were two guards, waiting for Gavid. They guided him to the front where they needed to see the ID the Coven issued him. A quick scan to make sure it wasn't fake, and he was shown through the doors leading deeper into the building.

"Someone will be with you shortly to brief you. Please, relax, fridge is fully stocked." As in stocked for all manner of beings employed by the Coven. Since Gavid was known and had been employed for a while, he was shown to the deluxe break room.

Aside from the usual amenities, there was also a couple of convertible game tables, full kitchen, stocked mid-sized bar, even a jukebox with endless free plays. Once he had entered, the escort gave him a nod and left, closing the door behind him. Of course, he'd be waiting on the outside, only approved personnel would be allowed in.

It took another ten, maybe fifteen minutes before Key entered the room. "Gavid. Thank you for making it. I know it was short notice." Closing the door, he moved to a spot on the sofa. Truth was, he was still reeling internally from unexpected complications.

Gavid had worked with Key before a couple of times. The Coven member stood five foot seven, with his spiky hair included. He liked to wear black sleeveless shirts, black jeans, and black flat shoes. He was rarely seen without the dark tinted shades, even at night.

"I'm sure your day has been long, so I'll try to brief you. Then you may rest here if you'd like, I'll make sure no one disturbs you." Key settled into the cushions before he continued. "We have a small group heading home. It'll be a private flight, and there are quite a few ... new employees."

The weight of the words helped emphasize the SAM protocol request. "One has worked with us for about a year, and is moving up. Two have been agents on the ground locally for a while. Another is a valuable asset, and their assigned guard. I will also be along on the ride, but it will be beneficial to have another seasoned member." The just in case phrase went unsaid, but was felt.

"We won't be leaving for a little, definitely not while the moon is high in the sky." Key moved to stand, "If you have any questions? Otherwise, the sofa converts into a queen sized bed, there is a restroom behind the bar. And if you need anything, the escort outside will be able to help."

coded by natasha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back