• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic A mech with . . . emotions?

mob_lmao

"When you are young they assume you know nothing."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello all!

I have a very specific idea in mind, one that stems from RPs I've done with partners long gone, but I've suddenly got a ton of motivation for and I'd love if someone could indulge me!
So the basis would be Titanfall / Titanfall 2, the premise of which are essentially 'pilots' who controls 'Titans', these large mechs that they call upon and pilot in battle! Now these Titans have AI solely for combat, no thoughts or emotions, except for their prime directives.

Now what if they evolved past that, sought attachment to their pilots, felt guilt, sadness, anger and rage?
I'd like a partner that could write either of an unlikely pair, a young and reckless pilot who sought to prove themselves to family, or to higher ranking officers, but after getting stranded in enemy space they become desperate, stranded, and alone . . . except for their Titan.

Somehow damaged, the Titan's AI begins to develop beyond it's code, and from there the two of them form an unbreakable friendship, surviving against all odds.
I'd love to hear what you guys thinks, and if you're interested please PM me here, or we can discuss on Discord!

- Mob
ezgif-3-03b1367d02.gif

Oh, I can also do regular Sci-Fi / Cyberpunk settings !! Idk, I just think robots are neat c:

Seems like a super interesting idea! I could throw a few tweaks to it, but before any of that, the logistics.

What are your preferences, regarding matters like posting length and frequency, and place of RPing? (Asking here rather than PM because this may be pertinent information for other potential partners of your as well).

Seems like a super interesting idea! I could throw a few tweaks to it, but before any of that, the logistics.

What are your preferences, regarding matters like posting length and frequency, and place of RPing? (Asking here rather than PM because this may be pertinent information for other potential partners of your as well).
Hello, thanks for your interest!

So my preferences are my partner being literate, no one liners obviously, but at least a paragraph or two of good quality writing.
I’m fine with either RPing here, or on Discord, but whatever the case I’d like to talk OOC on Discord as it’s easier for myself.

I’m not ghost friendly, if you’re not liking the RP I’d like my partner to tell me :(
Beside that, not much else! Some information others might want is that I’m in the GMT timezone, and .. . that’s about it!

Hope you’re still interested!

Hello, thanks for your interest!

So my preferences are my partner being literate, no one liners obviously, but at least a paragraph or two of good quality writing.
I’m fine with either RPing here, or on Discord, but whatever the case I’d like to talk OOC on Discord as it’s easier for myself.

I’m not ghost friendly, if you’re not liking the RP I’d like my partner to tell me :(
Beside that, not much else! Some information others might want is that I’m in the GMT timezone, and .. . that’s about it!

Hope you’re still interested!

Noted. You haven’t told me how frequently you expect posts though.

Also, you mentioned Titanfall, but since this isn’t marked fandom, I’m assuming this is supposed to be an original story and setting loosely inspired by that game, as opposed to playing in the game setting itself?

Noted. You haven’t told me how frequently you expect posts though.

Also, you mentioned Titanfall, but since this isn’t marked fandom, I’m assuming this is supposed to be an original story and setting loosely inspired by that game, as opposed to playing in the game setting itself?
Oh, sorry about that!

I’d like my partner to respond at least once a day, perhaps another or two only if they’re feeling up to it!

And plot wise I’d like to following the Titanfall universe loosely, mostly for the reason that I absolutely loved Jack Cooper and BT-7274’s relationship with one another.
I simply would like to evolve past that, and to have a plot line that revolves around them, with the war between the Frontier and the IMC.

I’m not very averse with Titanfall lore, so I don’t mind either way!
Hope this helps :)

Bump!
I'm really craving that Mech - Pilot bond right now, and I'd love to write something out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back