• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Marriage Between Nations (Interest Check & Lore Thread)

sprouhtt sprouhtt I think RabbitsWarren is gonna play either the third or fourth royal child of Alor, but that means which ever one RabbitsWarren isn't taking is still available. I also think Evander's youngest royal child is still available.

I've been without internet for a bit, so sorry if my replies are a bit later than expected. I would appreciate it if everyone who is planning to make a prince/princess would tell me their character's gender, since I don't want it to be super uneven. The characters that are currently open are the one's that have - open at the end of their descriptions. Everyone who has told me a specific role they want has been reserved. Also, you can always be a royal from another kingdom.

Thanks to Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Evander has a bit more lore, so please take a look when you get a chance. Also, once more characters are posted a plotting thread will go up, where we can discuss friendships, romances, etc.

ithinkcat ithinkcat What was the relations between Alor and Evander prior to this alliance?
They would probably just be neutral, though they may trade for resources occasionally. Alor is friendly with most countries, due to the amount of people that come to study there.
If they were nearby each other did they compete for land and resources, or perhaps have irreconcilable ideological differences (perhaps their differing views on magic)?
Most of Alor's resources relate to magic/knowledge while Evander would focus on more traditional resources, such as wood or people, so I don't see them competing. To be honest, I believe people in both realms would dislike one another, but officials couldn't risk going against the other kingdom. They are both fairly strong, though in different ways. They would disagree on a fair amount though and this alliance would be fairly controversial.
Have they fought wars against each other?
If they have, it was hundreds of years ago.
What nation did the Alorian King's second wife (the current Queen) come from?
That will be up the the rper.
On account of Alor's traditional culture, I assume she is actually a Queen Regent and is only "managing" the nation until the crown heir is old enough (or capable enough) to take the throne, but her marriage to the King of Evander is throwing that all out the window and making the Evander King, well...King of both nations?
So, essentially, the plan is combine the realms into a singular one under this combined families kingdom. So, the king and queen would rule over this combined kingdom, which is yet to be named.
Would that make the Evander children then have stronger claims to the throne than the Alorian children?
Any children that the king and queen have together would have the strongest claim over the throne, then it would go in order of age. Aside from that, one of two children from each family would manage day to day issues in each realm, though there would still be an overarching king or queen.

Sylvio Sylvio Cool! I'll go ahead and cross off that plot from my list then.

Omg, I am very interested in this?????! By any chance is there room for one more????? ;0

Am here, may I reserve/apply the role of the Queen's first child? I'll try my best to make a CS for it

Third child of the King, Alorian Prince

Last edited:
Can I perhaps reserve a spot for Alorian's third child if it is still open?
edit: oop sorry nvm 😭 just noticed someone else claimed

The ritual has been performed. I have been summoned!

Will play an arrogant Evoker from that middle lawless Kingdom whose name currently eludes me.

And I've also been summoned!

I see the plot of a thief in the ball and have to hide their true identity the entire time and I'd like to try it out. It seems like it'll be an interesting point of view to play in a political rp. A random dude/gal who somehow got involved with political distress.

Summoned thing #4 here. My interest is piqued, and now I have ideas for a illusionist who offs and replaces the former tower keeper for his own... nefarious cult-y plans? Dunno how that's going to work yet, but the concept's there.

mood6 mood6 I have to ask when the CSes are due though, since I have exams starting next week and should, in theory, be studying.

Thank you for the interest everyone! This is the first rp I've started on this website, so I wasn't expecting anyone to be interested. Everyone is reserved that asked to be.

. D O V E . D O V E I'll be making an OOC thread once one or two more people have posted their character sheets. I was considering a discord instead, but I've never made a server before and not everyone could use it. Also, thank you for inviting other people!

houndings houndings Thank you for the interest and I'm sorry that you couldn't get the reservation you wanted! If you are still interested in the thread and you want to rp someone from that kingdom, you could play a lord/lady, military leader, or really anything you want!

Ambiloquous Ambiloquous I love that idea! I also get the exam struggle, as mine are in two weeks. This thread will continue to be open even after the rp thread has begun. and if you don't want to/can't get a CS up at the start, we can just say he arrived late to the celebration. I also don't know when the rp will actually start, so don't rush! Real life is more important!

Void Dweller Void Dweller Yes, she is fine. In the future, please be patient. I have a life outside rping and it's only been a day since you posted. No hard feelings, just wanted to let you know!

mood6 mood6 Oh boss if you don't mind, I'll send some ideas over by DMs for a certain organization for my thief? Which would provide a reason to how they were able to get inside the ball in the first place?

AHHHHHHHH!!! I posted my gal, I hope she is ok?! I'm sorry I didn't ask about anything before posting her but the site went down for me yesterday and I have been worrying about posting something too late so I just wanted to get something rather than nothing up 😔

I hope she is ok!! Please let me know if I've made any mistakes or need to fix anything!!"

AHHHHHHHH!!! I posted my gal, I hope she is ok?! I'm sorry I didn't ask about anything before posting her but the site went down for me yesterday and I have been worrying about posting something too late so I just wanted to get something rather than nothing up 😔

I hope she is ok!! Please let me know if I've made any mistakes or need to fix anything!!"
I like her! I love the Slavic inspiration for her outfits. I might even incorporate that into my character's fashion! Plus we need more tough horse women in the world.

I like her! I love the Slavic inspiration for her outfits. I might even incorporate that into my character's fashion! Plus we need more tough horse women in the world.

Heheh! Thank u! I went that direction a little with the thinking of this mountain territory I keep mentioning like, every other paragraph, being this much more rural, Scandi/Slavic-esque zone perhaps? That is the excuse I'm giving to allow myself to indulge in these sick duds anyway, I would honestly kill for a hat that fluffy I s2g...

Heheh! Thank u! I went that direction a little with the thinking of this mountain territory I keep mentioning like, every other paragraph, being this much more rural, Scandi/Slavic-esque zone perhaps? That is the excuse I'm giving to allow myself to indulge in these sick duds anyway, I would honestly kill for a hat that fluffy I s2g...
I was thinking of something aking to a mixture of Scotland and Scandinavia, but I do really like the Slavic inspirations! And yes, I would KILL for those fluffy hats.

In love with strong horse woman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back