• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A long time ago, We used to be friends

Scarlett stepped out of the taxi and paid the guy after he unloaded her luggage, thanking him for the ride and then turned to look at her brother's house for the first time in years. She had lost her job and her apartment and she was down to her last few bucks having been royally screwed over in her divorce and now she'd come back, hugely thankful to her brother for offering to take her in, glad just to have somewhere to stay so she headed up to the front door and began banging "Jack! Hey open up it's me!" She called out loudly unaware that he had forgotten she was moving in today and had gone to work instead.

Jason frowned some as he glanced at his watch for the hundredth time. The performance had finished a little bit ago but they were waiting for Lily to be finished before he would leave but if he didn't go soon he was gonna be running way behind on this date he was meant to be going on. He could always blame it on his brother but if, and that was a very large if, this one ended up being a relationship rather than just a date, that little white lie would likely come back to bite him in the ass at some point. Like they always did.

Namjoon groaned some and walked to the door in only sweats and no shirt rubbing his eyes "Quiet, too early for this." He muttered but soon woke up seeing Scarlett at the door "Scarlett? What are you doing here?" He asked taking a deep breath as he took her in. He had moved in about a month ago and had no clue that Scarlett was here to move in. He had sold his house because he had barely been there lately and right now he was on a break from his job.

Max stood in the back on the cafeteria watching the kids perform smiling softly. She loved her job and the children she had in her class. She glanced around seeing the usual parents and as the kids finished up she moved from the wall and made her way back to her room so that she could get ready for the open house and inform the parents about how their children were doing.

Dalton looked at his brother as his daughter finished up on stage and shook his head laughing a bit "Now why are you looking at your watch so much? You got a hot date?" He asked but before Jason could answer his daughter ran up hugging him tight 'Uncle Jason! You made it!'

Scarlett couldn’t have looked any more shocked than what she did right now when she saw her ex boyfriend standing in front of her. In the doorway of the house she was moving into. “Oh I’m gonna kill him.” She muttered then looked at him again. “Where’s jack? I’m meant to be moving in today.” She told him frowning not even acknowledging the fact that these last time she had seen namjoon was in the middle of a torrential downpour and they’d been screaming at each other. And it was about ten years ago.

Jason looked over at his brother and frowned. “As a matter of fact I do. Hey kiddo! You did great up there!” He smiled and picked her up, holding her on his hip. “I wasn’t gonna miss this for anything.” He told her and smiled before setting her down. “Hey I’m gonna come to your house for dinner tomorrow but I’ve gotta run right now kiddo so you did a great job and I’ll see you tomorrow.” He smiled before waving to his brother and starting to walk away.

Namjoon raised an eyebrow going a bit wide eyed "Moving in?!" He asked shaking his head some "He went to work, no this cant be happening." He muttered running a hand through his hair before he looked past her and saw all the bags she had "Call him...I'll get the bags." He muttered after seeing the serious look on her face

Lily frowned some and ran after him tugging on his arm "Uncle Jason you promised." She said giving him big puppy dog eyes. He had promised to stay this time, so that she could show him her classroom and all her artwork

Dalton followed Lilly and picked her up giving a heavy sigh "Come on princess, you can show him your stuff tomorrow." He murmured glancing back at Jason "Besides I'm sure Uncle Jason would hate to see who teaches next to your teacher " he said giving a small smirk knowing how Jason had always had a soft spot for Maxine Wends back in the day.

Jason frowned looking over at his brother before sighing some and looking down at Lily. “Alright kiddo that’s fine. I’ll stay.” He mumbled. He had no idea who his brother was talking about but he was definitely curious now

She groaned some and picked her phone up calling her brother and tapping her foot impatiently. He’d not said a word about Namjoon being around and now she was frustrated and a little freaked out. “Hey jack.... have you forgotten what day it is?”

Dalton smiled some and led the way with Lily still in his arms. As they got to her room he placed her down "You remember Max Wends right?" He asked raising an eyebrow. Ever since he saw she was the teacher next door he had caught up with her and kept in contact

Jack answered her call and went wide eyed "Oh shit...Scarlett I'm so sorry I'll be there by lunch alright?" He said sighing heavily "Look Namjoon can help you out, just play nice please." He begged knowing they were not on good terms

“Jack! For gods sakes why would you not even tell me that he lives here?!” She hissed down the line. “I’ll see you later but for gods sakes a warning would have been good.” She snapped then hung up the phone and went inside taking her bags back off of namjoon and heading upstairs groaning as he seemed to follow her all the way to her bedroom door. “Look we don’t have to talk to each other we don’t have to make this difficult. You stay out of my way and I’ll stay out of yours alright?” She muttered. There was a time that she had loved him dearly but that had passed long ago.

Jason frowned some and stared into the room for a few minutes. “Wow... if that ain’t a blast from the past I don’t know what is.” He muttered then waited for some of the parents to walk out of there and he walked right in not thinking twice about it, heading straight over to her and leaned up against her table smirking st her a little. “Hey.... long time no see.” He chuckled quietly.

Namjoon followed her in with a few bags at hand and frowned at her hostility "Okay, I'll leave you alone." He muttered wanting this to be as easy as possible. He didnt need to fight with her right now. Though he did have to admit she was still just as beautiful as the day he last saw her in the pouring rain while they screamed at eachother.

Max turned around from tidying her white board with a confused expression on her face but it was soon replaced with a smile once she saw Jason's face for the first time in years. She walked over and looked him up and down before she spoke "Jason Dohring. It has been a long time indeed." She said with the smile still on her face.

Scarlett frowned and grabbed her bags going into her room and shut the door. She didn’t need to be so harsh to him and she knew it, but on the other hand, after everything she’d been through lately, it was the last thing that she needed and so it had come out worse than she’d meant it to.

He smiled some at her and nodded, chuckling some. “Way too long. How have you been? Yeah Dalton just told me you’ve been working here.” He said, leaning up against the wall and towering over her the way he always had.

Max smiled some and shrugged "Oh not much just been here teaching is all. What about you? Heard you became a Navy Pilot. Would have never pegged for you to be one to join the military." She said giving a small laugh as she looked up at his towering frame

Namjoon sighed heavily and went back to his room shaking his head some. He had heard she had been married and honestly his heart hurt when he found out. He had loved her all those years ago and wanted to spend forever with her but it seemed it wasnt there time at that point and now he could tell she hated him.

Jack frowned some as he got home and saw Namjoon sitting on the couch. “Hey, is she locked in her room?” He asked him quietly and sat down after loosening his tie off. “Don’t look at me like that I forgot. I thought it was next week I’d told her to move in.... Matt took everything in the divorce alright including the house and the dogs so a little understanding to her mood would be nice.” He pointed out.

He shrugged some and smiled at her. “After wasting my high school years with not studying I didn’t have many options.” He pointed out and sighed some. He was really late for this date now and she was probably fuming but it was only the second one and he guessed he would have to start looking all over again now. But for whatever reason he didn’t seem to care.

Namjoon looked over at his best friend and frowned sending him a glare "You didn't tell me at all! Why did you not tell me?" He asked shaking his head some "I had no clue she got divorced, it explains a lot." He mumbled giving a heavy sigh "She still hates me I see."

Max gave a small nod and laughed lightly "You were always mister popular." She said noticing him glancing at his watch "Got somewhere to be?" She asked softly having alos heard from Dalton that he was still a bit of a playboy

Jack sighed heavily and rubbed his face. “It’s not my story to tell right now. I don’t think she ever hated you.... just the decisions you were making.” He pointed out and got up to go get changed.

Scarlett wandered downstairs having heard his voice and frowned over at Namjoon. “Why are you livin here?” She asked him bluntly.

Jason looked over at her again then shook his head. “Not now. I promised lily to go out to dinner though and she definitely takes after her dad. Just as demanding.” He chuckled a little then clapped his hands together. “I better get going but.... I’ll see you around I hope.” He smiled at her then left her to it.

Max smiled and gave a small laugh "Yeah I've seen, I almost had her in my class but they switched her up last minute." She explained feeling a small blush creep onto her cheeks "Mmhmm we shall see." She said with a small smirk leading him to the door "It was good seeing you."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow giving a shrug "No need for a house, I am gone so much just sold it to a family and Jack gave me a place to stay for the time being." He explained

She frowned and looked at him, sighing heavily. “Right. Too busy touring the world huh? No time for family anymore right?” She muttered and went to get something to eat. It had torn her apart when he had finally debuted. All the promises of how nothing would change them were broken and neither of them were left happy or unhurt.

Jason nodded and smiled some going out to the hall and finding his brother again shaking his head. “And you didn’t think it was important to tell me that max was here?” He muttered walking next to him watching lily cuddle into her moms arms now she was worn out.

Dalton chuckled and gave a shrug "Didn't think you'd be that interested. Thought you stood her up on the one date you actually asked her out on?" He said chuckling again knowing how his brother had actually chickened out on that because he was so nervous.

Namjoon frowned more and shrugged "Didnt have a family to come home too." He spat back giving her a small glare. He had wanted it to work out more than anything, but when he debuted it all changed. He wanted her on the road with him, just them but she didnt want that and it tore him apart when they called things off between the two of them

Scarlett shook her head and sighed heavily, “Yeah and whose fault is that?!” She spat as she took a bag of chips back upstairs going to find jack and sitting on his bed. “Why wouldn’t you tell me that he lives here?” She muttered watching him do some work on his laptop.

Jason shook his head and frowned. “You know that’s not how that went down so don’t even go there.” He muttered. “Right... Lily where do you wanna go for dinner kiddo?” He asked her. He spoiled his niece rotten and absolutely adored her like his own child, even more so as the idea of him finding someone to have kids with was becoming more and more unlikely.

Namjoon frowned and glared at her staying quiet while she left.

Jack sighed heavily rubbing his temples as he looked away from his work "Look I didnt know he would be home when you came, I thought he was going to be visiting family alright? Ive been so fucking swamped with work it slipped my mind."

Dalton chuckled and gave a nod "Right okay." He muttered smiling as Lily perked up immediately and asked for Olive Garden. She always loved to go there because her and Jason would pretend to be super fancy snobby people and she thought it was hilarious

Jason chuckled quietly and nodded letting her ride in his car this time, chatting nonsense with her the whole way there and carried her on his shoulders inside once they arrived, his mind still on Max and how she looked even better than she had back in high school

Scarlett frowned and looked at him, "What's been going on Jack? You don't seem very like you at the moment." She mumbled, worried about her brother some and puting aside her grievances about Namjoon immediately.

Lily giggled happily as she sat on her uncle's shoulders "Uncle Jason, what you thinking about?" She asked seeing that he seemed a bit spaced out at the moment

Jack sighed heavily shaking his head "Ive got a massive deadline to meet and it was thrown at me with days to spare so Im trying to get it done plus fight with my girl, its just been a really shit week so far." He muttered taking a deep breath

Scarlett frowned and stood up, going over and rubbing his back. “Alright... you try and chill out, what do you want for dinner?” She asked him and went to start making or ordering something for them realising she’s have to offer it to Namjoon and just sighed a bit.

Jason shrugged. “Something I will explain when you are older kiddo.” He told her and set her down once they got inside and they got a table together while they waited for her parents.

Lily nodded some and gave a small giggle "Okay Uncle Jason." She said before she got up and ran to her mom once she saw her walke through the door "Mommy! Mommy! Uncle Jason let me ride in the front!"

Jack gave a small smile and looked at his sister "Spaghetti sounds really good." He said glancing up at her "Don't worry about Namjoon, the guy eats anything.:

Scarlett nodded and smiled a little. “That I remember.” She mumbled and went down to make some dinner, pulling Namjoon headphones off. “I’m making spaghetti.” She told him before putting them back on and went to the kitchen to get to work

Jason chuckled and watched her run off with her mom to go use the restroom. “I swear she just gets better as she gets older. But she’s growing up too quickly.”

Namjoon nodded some and got up to get into the kitchen "Do you need any help finding stuff?" He asked trying to somewhat ease the tension. He wanted her to feel somewhat okay here.

Dalton nodded and gave a small smile "Yeah she is, Veronica and I are thinking about trying again." He said happily looking at his brother "So when are you thinking about settling down finally?" He asked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back