• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A long time ago, We used to be friends

Scarlett shook her head and wandered round getting stuff out. “What’s going on with jack?” She asked him frowning some, worried about him.

Jason shrugged a bit. “It’s kinda hard with work but when the right person comes around I’m sure I’ll know.” He mumbled.

Namjoon frowned some and sighed heavily "Work is working him like a dog, making him take it all home. Its putting a strain on his relationship, he is very stressed out." He explained

Dalton nodded some "Righhhtttt." He said giving a small chuckle before he got up and walked over to Veronica and Lily. He had alwayd thought his brother was making up excuses to why he would never settle down.

She sighed heavily and rubbed at her face some. “Alright.... one day he’ll actually talk to me about these things.” She muttered and glanced over at Namjoon as he still stood watching her cook then went back to ignoring him.

Jason sighed heavily and sat down with them all, having a good time until he got a call to head into work for a meeting and he had to leave quickly, promising lily another day just the two of them.

Namjoon nodded giving a heavy sigh "You look good, lot more tattoos than before." He said trying to make small talk with her.

Dalton gave his brother a nod before he said his goodbyes sighing some "I hope they dont ship him off again." He muttered

Veronica frowned some and sighed a little after seeing lily was falling asleep in her fathers arms. “He holds it together in front of her but I think she’s the only thing that keeps him grounded anymore. If they ship him off again he’s not gonna come back the same.” She pointed out.

Scarlett sighed heavily and nodded. “Well I’m glad someone thinks so.... I need to get some of them covered up. I should have learnt from the first go round never to get couple tattoos but maybe the divorce will at least teach me that.” She mumbled.

Namjoon frowned and pulled his sleeve down some not wanting to show the small tattoo he still had from when they had been together all those years ago "Was he bad to you?" He asked quietly wanting to know about her marriage

Dalton nodded and gave a heavy sigh "Yeah I know, maybe he'll meet someone to help him out." He murmured before he paid for the check "Im worried about him though, he always seems so depressed if Lily isn't there."

She frowned. “You’d like that wouldn’t you? To hear how bad it all fell apart.” She muttered and shook her head. “Well I didn’t quit on my marriage because we were happy if that’s what you’re thinking.” She muttered and rubbed at her face.

Veronica nodded and sighed again. “I’m having coffee with max tomorrow so I will see if maybe she’ll talk to him, try to reconnect.” She suggested quietly after they paid the bill and left with him and lily.

Dalton chuckled some "You think she would after how he left?" He asked as he carried Lily all the way to the car while she slept in his arms

Namjoon sighed heavily and gave a small nod "I am sorry things didn't work out." He said quietly watching her a bit "None of mine ever worked either."

-2 weeks-
Scarlett groaned as she got in from work and went straight to get some snacks, “Joon! Where is my chex mix?!” She called loudly through the house in frustration.

Jason had just clocked out and was about to head back out to his house on base when his phone rang with an odd number, frowning some but answered anyway in his navy voice “Dohring how can I help?” He asked but relaxed when he heard Max’s voice on the other end. “Ronnie give you this number?” He chuckled.

Namjoon came downstairs his face stuffed with Chex Mix "Oh....I thought these were mine." He said with a full mouth handing her the near empty bag "I buy you more later." He said before he turned to go back to his room

Max called Jason biting her lip hard wondering if this was a good idea. Though when she heard him answer she nearly melted at the sound of his voice "Hey Jason its Max....yeah Ronnie gave it to me yesterday at lunch." She said giving a small laugh "I hope you don't mind. I was going to ask you when you picked up Lily a few days ago but it slipped my mind." She explained having remembered how she had practically forgotten how to speak when he showed up in uniform to pick Lily up from school

She frowned looking over at him and glared. “If they were yours. They would have been in your section of the damn cupboard!” She snapped and walked off to her room. “Jacks gonna be home late tonight but our parents are coming down for the weekend so all of us have to go out to eat with them.” She called to him before shutting her door.

Jason smiled some as he pulled into his drive but stayed in his car. “Yeah no problem. Hey I was wondering if maybe you’d like to go grab a coffee tomorrow. Have a little catch up?” He suggested seeing as it was a weekend.

Namjoon frowned some and groaned at the mention of her parents. They always had it out for him even when they were dating. He didnt see the reason why though, he always a nice guy to them.

Max smiled wider as she finished cleaning up her room "Yeah that sounds great, what time?" She asked as she grabbed her purse and made her way to her car to leave for the weekend

“I was thinking maybe... 9? I know there’s a Starbucks just off base we can meet at.” He smiled some, getting out the car and starting to walk into his very empty house.

Scarlett sighed heavily and rubbed at her face. They were coming down because they were worried about jack and so was she. She’d found the drugs in his room looking for her coat the other day but she hadn’t gotten around to talking to him yet.

Max smiled some and walked into her also very empty house "Yeah that sounds good, I guess I'll see you then." She said softly not really wanting to hang up the phone. She had been pretty lonely since her divorce and her house just echoed the fact when ever she was in it.

Namjoon sighed some and knocked of the door when he remembered what he had needed to tell her "I was cleaning the bathroom and found this." He muttered as she opened the door handing her the bag of mixed pills that were most likely Jack's "I had no idea about him using."

Scarlett sighed heavily and rubbed her face. “When did you learn how to clean?” She muttered and picked the bag up, going to the bathroom with him and flushing them down the toilet. “Tash left him last week” She muttered and looked over at him again. Although she was still at odds with him she had to admit he was more handsome than ever. Especially after he’d gotten rid of that ridiculous hairdo.

Jason smiled. “Sounds great.” He smiled and said bye then hung up and sighed heavily. He needed to get a dog but he just had to convince dalton to look after it when he was away.

Namjoon sighed heavily and gave a nod "Yeah I heard...we have to help him. I can't stand seeing him like this." He murmured running a hand through his hair flashing his side and a small tattoo that he had gotten soon before they had broken up.

Max gave a small sigh and got into her house going to start to make herself something to eat for the night trying to not get too nervous about her coffee date tomorrow. She knew it wasnt anything serious but she was still happy to see Jason again

Scarlett nodded and sighed heavily going out to her room and sat on the bed calling her friend up for a catch up.

Jason rubbed his face some and did some dinner quickly then went to sort out all his paperwork he’d been getting behind on.

Max picked up her phone as it rang smiling some "Hey boo whats up?" She asked as she opened a soda for herself while she went to sit down on her couch wondering how her friend was doing since her move in with her brother

“Hey, oh it’s... it’s alright... thought I’d give you a quick call see how the new job is going, you’re not gonna guess who else has been living here.” She smiled some.

Max smiled and gave a small laugh "Its been good, the kids are wonderful." She said softly raising an eyebrow "Oh? Who?" She asked

She smiled some. “I’m glad to hear it... Namjoon.” She told her. “Him and my brother are still friend a which jack never thought to mention to me and he’s living here at the moment.” She explained.

Max nearly spit out her drink at the name "Seriously?! Oh that fucker better be groveling at your feet!" She said giving a small laugh and shaking her head some "Its not too bad though right? I mean it has been 10 years."

She smiled some shaking her head. “Not quite. It wasn’t all him though so I don’t expect him to. No it could have been worse so far, he looks better than ever.” She muttered rolling her eyes some.

Max gave a small laugh and nodded "I know that feeling, you remember a guy named Jason Dohring?" She asked wanting her friends opinion over the situation

Scarlett smiled some. “Oh yeah? Mr everything going for him Jason?” She laughed. He’d been an ass to everyone when they were teenagers but around max he was a different person and even after he’d stood her up on their first date Scarlett had tried to get her to try again but she wasn’t having it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back