• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Baphomet

Baphomet
Hello! I see I have attracted you here, to my beautiful thread, with the allure of the perfection that is known as the title of this thread. ... ... >.>

Anyways, for all information regarding me, my likes, disliked, preferences, and rules and expectations of you, as well as a couple of boring writing examples, you can check out the about me section of my profile. I put stuff there rather than having to put something into every recruitment thread I post. Please read it. If not, there will be dire consequences. Just don't ask what those consequences are. It won't seem as sinister if I have to say them.

Onwards! I am currently interested in a couple of ideas. Lemme lay them out for you;

1st idea: Superpowers. I am a huge fan of Marvel. This won't necessarily be a fandom. No canon characters. So, superpowers are a fairly new thing. In fact, we are among the first batch. Kinda like how Ironman sorta paved the way for all the weird stuff to come out in the MCU, except, the bad guys show up first. For whatever reason our characters have, they haven't acted until now. We have to stop the bad guys, just like the Avengers. Thing is, there's a lot of issues in the way.

There's the political navigations, of course. Public fear and outrage. And out own ability to work together. We can play doubles if you wish, though, for our first characters, I'd like to play a chipper lass that does well with social interactions. Things like holding a team together and public outreach. I'd like for your character to be, eh, not edgy, perse, but, kind of an asshole. Only on the exterior, of course. Of course, my character sees the good in yours, and that's how they initially team up.

We can work together to do some world building, and workshop powers that may work well together, or go well with whatever story we come up with.

2nd idea: This one is more of a setting. A dystopian steampunk future. There's a huge amount of people. The planet suffers from overpopulation. Somehow, society is still hanging on. There aren't any major wars or anything. Technically, there's been a long-lasting peace. Yet, the people still suffer. The streets are absolutely congested with vehicles. It's an absolute nightmare trying to commute anywhere. This has lead to generations of people traversing cities via rooftops. Parkour is the main mode of transport for many people. Over the years, many buildings have been modified with makeshift scaffolding to make traveling easier. Everything from commuting to work, to actual workers use this method of traveling.

Have a problem with your heating? A technician will be hoping along buildings to get to you. Ordered a pizza for delivery? That's right, it'll be delivered in a similar manner. Need to head to the local convenience store for a snack? You named it, parkour. Got crime you gotta do? That's right, you'll be parkouring your happy ass around town to evade the cops, who are also hopping from building to building to catch you.

Electronics aren't as advanced as you would think, for the future. Electricity is difficult to produce for so many people. From housing and buildings taking up land space, which means less room for energy production, to an overall decrease in quality of life, meaning less inventions, technology has taken an almost backwards sidestep. Steam & gasses are the main source of power. Don't ask me for technical jargon, cuz I made it all up, but pipes run along every building, carrying steam & gasses to wherever they need to go.

The rich can afford steam turbines, which are used to charge batteries, which is how electricity is largely produced for individuals. That means the average person doesn't have access to a computer or smart phone. The internet has all but vanished. It's not all bad though. Steam power has allowed some cool vehicles, weapons & gadgets to become more mainstream. We get to play with these.

From here, there's a couple of directions it can take. I was thinking we can either be vigilantes, anti-heroes, or just straight up bad guys. That's where you come in with some ideas and we brainstorm. ;)

3rd idea: Villains. That's pretty much it. We are the bad guys. We know we're the bad guys. We like being the bad guys. We fight against the good guys and, like in basically all media forms ever, the good guys always win. Yet we persist. We try and we try, yet we lose and we lose. This is a slice-of-life genre. I think it would go well with superpowers, or magic, perhaps of the occult variety. We could also just do regular normie humans. This one won't have some epic plot, or world saving/ending event. It'll be about our characters and building their relationship and how it changes over time. I think romance would fit well in here as well.

4th idea: Alien. This is more a character pairing. I want to play an alien creature. I want you to play a human. I think this would work well with superpowers, but can also work in any other setting if we wanted it to.

5th idea: No idea. That's it. That's the end of the list. Though, that's not the end of the list! It's just all I've got off the top of my head. If you've got any other ideas, lemme know! Especially if you got inspiration from reading one of these ideas, or perhaps reading the about me section of my profile gave you some ideas. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back