• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes (Temporarily Closed)

Adair
Tartarus Forest

A creature that consumed entire dimensions... That was all too troubling indeed. Unnatural problems such as these were definitely part of her job description- especially on this sort of massive scale. Her inattentiveness, however, almost cost her dearly, as the man pushed her aside right before the obelisk's attack hit her. He then warned her once again to turn back- she almost chuckled at his impudence.

Nonetheless, if this obelisk was letting this creature know to start consuming this dimension, and mutating all of this wildlife, it had to be destroyed immediately. She almost began to feel a new sense of purpose- perhaps because, for once, she was actually performing her duty. Instead of running away like the man had told her to, she did the opposite, standing her ground and getting into position to shoot. "It is clear to me that this threat must be eliminated immediately. I will fight alongside you." Her crossbow and her arrows both began to shine with a small hint of golden light as she spoke, and she hesitated little to aim at the obelisk.

NEW UPDATE TO ITEM: Niflheim: The magical crossbow enhanced with ice magic now also carries a hint of holy magic as well.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki
The Drifter
Tartarus Forest

"I will fight alongside you"

These words eased the weight on the man's shoulders somewhat. It was as if someone took part of his burden and carried it for him. He remained silent and outstretched his crimson blade to his side. The blade glew white-hot as he rushed towards a group of insects... slicing those foolish enough to get in his way, cleanly in half. Flashes of red and blurs of black darted across the battlefield, mowing down the insects with calm efficiency.

The man leaped into the air and aimed a downward slash at the obelisk...

but he was suddenly pushed back by a flying centipede. When the centipede made contact with the man's armor, it burst into explosive flames... sending the man flying backwards.

He landed in a kneeling position, clawing the ground to stop him from sliding backward any further.

Two giant flying centipedes surrounded the obelisk as if acting like a pair of serpentine shields.

He looked at the angelic-looking girl fighting alongside him. "We need to get rid of all these insects... they're mindlessly acting like shields... they want to protect their source of power..." The metallic voice cracked.

Reina_StehlengarBanner.jpg

Reina blinked as she heard the man speak, hearing her name called out. She looked on not even contemplating much about how he had tossed her name out in such a way. It was natural given Reina's nature she didn't even question it. A bright smile was on her lips looking at him kindly. She looked up in thought as if fumbling for an answer. Her smile shifted briefly to a frown, evident even the upbeat Reina couldn't fully maintain her positive persona completely in thought about Azazel. She had known him for a good length of time, to her Azazel was like an adopted father in some ways.

"Azazel is... well hes doing okay... I suppose. A little bit down in the dumps though he is the usual grumpy type so its not all that different from normal! Just letting out his grumpiness he hides more!" She spoke perhaps not giving the clearest answer in response. Her strained facial expression likely showed off far more about his current state then her words. Reina was worried about him, not liking the idea of him preparing to step down from his position as Guild master even after what had happened. It was her hope that the statue would at least show him how important he was.

She stopped at the door to the office, looking back at the man. "Now, don't be to mean to Az, he has been extra busy after all the stuff that has happened." She spoke waving her finger towards the man before turning around. She knocked on the door. "Azzy-channnn! Are you in theeeeere? Reina here and I got a guest person!" She spoke out loudly to the door in a hopes of drawing his attention.

Alteras Alteras Birdsie Birdsie LostHaven LostHaven IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

Aslan Valerian Wolff
Walking to Guildmaster's Office

Wolff stood in a dignified pose before the door. Having gathered what he could from the lady and the whispers about, he was beginning to fear the worst. Did he break? No no no, that is highly unlikely, especially for a being over 300 years old. But could he have? He pursed his lips as he continued to think about the implications that it might have on the guild itself. Hopefully it wasn't the case. In any case, he wanted to talk with the guildmaster first.
Hanarei Hanarei Birdsie Birdsie

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Guildmaster's Office

The Guildmaster briefly looked at the Oni girl before him. "I do not know where your sister is," he replied. "I will gladly provide you with the resources, or help that will let you find that out," he added willingly. For a moment, you could tell that Azazel became energized. He felt like in helping with something as simple as this, he could restore his faith. She didn't mention anything about fighting. Nothing about death. Nothing about cults. Nothing about arresting. Nothing about fighting. Was this really as simple as finding her sister? No more bloodshed? "Hell. I will gladly do it myself," he said, adding to the statement above.

Then he heard Reina and someone else just behind his office's door. Azazel yelled back to Reina. "Come on!" he invited.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Alteras Alteras Hanarei Hanarei

Adair
Tartarus Forest

These insects really were beginning to get on Adair's nerves. They were all too irritating, and now, they were even unwittingly endangering the entire world. She watched as the man was knocked back by an explosive fire emitted from a centipede, and two formed a protective shield around the obelisk. The way he seemingly effortlessly cut down the monsters was almost impressive. Her only indication of listening to him telling her to get rid of the shield was a short nod, and she began to shoot mercilessly at the centipedes, unleashing a barrage of arrows at their heads and legs specifically.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki (Gotta go out soon, sorry for the somewhat shorter response.)

Reina heard the voice from in the office smiling happily. She gripped upon the rope used to carry the metal stature, shifting it on her back to ensure it wouldn't fall down on her way inside. She looked back at Wolff pointing her finger up as if being motherly trying to give a child a warning. "Remember, be careful not to be too mean to Azzy!" She spoke before turning around again and opening the door. A bright smile was on her face as she carried the statue in looking in to see Azazel and a strange Oni girl. She looked at her curiously tilting her head to the side before shrugging her off.

"Hey Azaz, I got you an awesome gift!" She spoke out suddenly slinging the stature of her soldier, placing it down a bit roughly misjudging her strength causing a loud clank as it chipped at the ground as she placed it down. "Ooo... woops... anyways.... Tada! A stature of our amazing and bestest Guild Master ever and for all time here after!" She spoke adding the last bit as her poorly worded attempt to urge him to stay. She walked around the statue looking to Azazel with a bright smile on her lips, holding her hands behind her back.

"Do you like it? Huh? Huh? I think it works as a great thing for everyone to look at to see how awesome out guild master is when they walk into the hall! that will show them not to mess with us with you in charge!" She spoke excitedly, her head turning to the oni girl with a bright smile on her face. "Don't you think so too?" She questioned the girl seeming unfazed at having to some extent barged in on their conversation, even if it was permitted by Azazel.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Birdsie Birdsie Alteras Alteras

Aslan Valerian Wolff
Guildmaster's Office

"Excuse our intrusion," Wolff said as he stepped through the door frame. Taking off his hat, he continued "I apologize for interrupting your conversation." He held the top hat against his chest and bent forward slightly in a bow, to both Azazel and the oni. Some strands of his gray hair fell forward. Wolff was ever so slightly perplexed by the sight of the oni this far away from her homeland. He himself was never allowed into the land that's called "Nippon," but he did encounter some of their people in the ports that traded with them. It was definitely rare to see a young oni in Albion. Wolff turned his sight to the guildmaster for any indication to stay or to wait.
IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Birdsie Birdsie Hanarei Hanarei

???
Fort-Black Library

The Void Entity sat in a chair, in the library, reading a book. The title was too worn out, and the words seemed to be written in code. However, the creature seemed to be able to read the code like any normal lauguage. His unsettling aura appears to be masked, and so was his presence. Unless somebody intentionally needed to see him, they would just not notice, or ignore him, like it was everyday that they saw a pitch-black creature in the library. 'mhmmhmm' He seemed to hum to himself, though it sounded more like static than anything else. It was most curious, as there were many books that had his name recorded. Yet, they were either smudged out beyond recognition, or the pages that mentioned large amounts about him were missing. 'It looks like the Void has really taken everything from me.' He sighed, as he continued reading the book.

New Spell :33333333
Lesser Conceal- conceals the caster's presence. It won't grant invisibility, but it will make it so they are much harder to notice. Unless somebody was intentionally looking for the Caster, they'd just ignore or not notice them as anything peculiar.

( Alteras Alteras ? I dunno. Help me, math class is killing me with boredom.)

View attachment 317864

Reina heard the voice from in the office smiling happily. She gripped upon the rope used to carry the metal stature, shifting it on her back to ensure it wouldn't fall down on her way inside. She looked back at Wolff pointing her finger up as if being motherly trying to give a child a warning. "Remember, be careful not to be too mean to Azzy!" She spoke before turning around again and opening the door. A bright smile was on her face as she carried the statue in looking in to see Azazel and a strange Oni girl. She looked at her curiously tilting her head to the side before shrugging her off.

"Hey Azaz, I got you an awesome gift!" She spoke out suddenly slinging the stature of her soldier, placing it down a bit roughly misjudging her strength causing a loud clank as it chipped at the ground as she placed it down. "Ooo... woops... anyways.... Tada! A stature of our amazing and bestest Guild Master ever and for all time here after!" She spoke adding the last bit as her poorly worded attempt to urge him to stay. She walked around the statue looking to Azazel with a bright smile on her lips, holding her hands behind her back.

"Do you like it? Huh? Huh? I think it works as a great thing for everyone to look at to see how awesome out guild master is when they walk into the hall! that will show them not to mess with us with you in charge!" She spoke excitedly, her head turning to the oni girl with a bright smile on her face. "Don't you think so too?" She questioned the girl seeming unfazed at having to some extent barged in on their conversation, even if it was permitted by Azazel.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Birdsie Birdsie Alteras Alteras
Akane Hiei
Azazel's Office

The Oni girl watched the old demon insist on helping her find her sister. What the hell is up with these people and helping me find my sister? Can't they understand that this is a personal mission?

"
Didn't you hear me? I said I don't need--" The young oni's words were cut off by the energetic rants coming from Reina. She seems to be dragging a somewhat impressive looking statue of the man in front of them. The half-dragon girl asked the oni a question about the statue.

"Uh.... I think it looks pretty nice..." Akane blurted out instinctively in response to Reina.

Just then, another person entered the office.

"Damn, this is going to be a long day isn't it?" She sighed.

She looked down on the golden, draconium rope that hung from her hip. She remembers the strange man who gave the rope to her.

Adair
Tartarus Forest

These insects really were beginning to get on Adair's nerves. They were all too irritating, and now, they were even unwittingly endangering the entire world. She watched as the man was knocked back by an explosive fire emitted from a centipede, and two formed a protective shield around the obelisk. The way he seemingly effortlessly cut down the monsters was almost impressive. Her only indication of listening to him telling her to get rid of the shield was a short nod, and she began to shoot mercilessly at the centipedes, unleashing a barrage of arrows at their heads and legs specifically.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki (Gotta go out soon, sorry for the somewhat shorter response.)
A couple of arrows struck both centipedes... freezing their bodies slowly from the impact point. The creatures slowed down their flight and slowly descended.

"Thank you..." The Drifter said as he rushed to the falling centipedes... slicing them to bits. He dashed towards the obelisk and with a red flash... landed on the other side of it.

The Drifter sheathed his sword and stood up straight.

The glowing 'obelisk' flashed and twitched frantically... It let out a terrifying moan as its head slowly slid apart from its neck.

As soon as the image's head got severed... it burst into a million tiny shards of mana. The pool of mana swirled to the center, pulling the mana in the forest down into a mini black hole.

The Drifter braced himself as the insects around them started to suffocate from the sudden decrease of mana. There wasn't enough mana to sustain their new, magically enhanced bodies. The giant insects turned white and dried up to ash.

At the center of the pool emerged a glowing blue crystal... small enough to fit in one's hand.

The Drifter stared at Adair in silence, as if asking her what she would do next.

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Dungeon

"Good. I'm glad we could find a neutral ground," he remarked. Damian put on a smile, then looked at Pandora confidently, trying to cheer her up this way. Again; just a performance, and a damn good one. He grinned sheepishly for a moment, pulling his hand behind his back and scratching the back of his head. "You know, I don't exactly socialize that much, so I was a little afraid of you at first. Like you wanted to kill me, or something," he stated, half-ashamed. Inside, he was boiling with anger at how blatantly she had accepted the offer of friendship, but on the outside, he looked extremely happy and overjoyed.

'Afraid my ass. It's obvious you wanted me gone from this world, but I don't care. Now I'm going to kill your precious Guildmaster, and you can't do anything about it. Dumb Elven Paladin. You're just another one of those idiots that think of themselves too highly. I hate people like you the most. The 'hero for justice' archetype. Hmph. I can't even say how much I want to walk into that call and kill you in the most excruciating way possible. How I'd enjoy to see the agonized look on your face,' he kept comforting himself, whilst muttering lies of friendship to Pandora.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse
Pandora Ambrose

Pandora smiled weakly at Damien. "I was trying to kill you. My mind has been clouded and I could see you as nothing more than a demon scum. A traitor who will eventually lead to our doom. Azazel didn't like me thinking thar way, but can you really blame me? I mean, I did go overboard I guess, but still, I'm a Paladin first a member of the guild second. My instincts must have been acting up around you." She explained to him.

In all honesty though, Pandora still found her a bit suspicious. This time however she is willing to try and look past that, to try tk see him as a good person. Oh if only she knew. "Sorry again, about that I mean. In any case, I think we might be able to get along from now on, hopefully." She said as she sincerely smiled at him.

Birdsie Birdsie

Adair
Tartarus Forest

Adair couldn't help but feel a form of satisfaction as the insects froze, descending before being sliced into pieces. The inhuman moan the obelisk let out as it was slain soon after was a little unsettling, but at least it was gone now along with the rest of the bugs. "You are most welcome." She had answered with a hint of pride in her neutral voice in reply to his thanks. For several seconds, she had stood still, staring at the emerged blue crystal that appeared, waiting for the stranger to do something about that, too. He knew more about these matters than even she, after all. It was only after a few moments when she looked towards him and realized he was staring at her, as if expecting her to do something.

She approached the crystal warily. "What is it?" Her voice rang in the silence of the forest as she stopped only a couple of footsteps away from the tiny crystal. She was hesitant to touch it, in the case that it may be a trap of some sort, or may cause even more trouble.

The issue of whether the entire situation was fixed now also surfaced in her mind. Since the obelisk was destroyed, would this creature still come to this world? Not only that, was there no way to stop it completely at all? It couldn't be as simple as that- the obelisk was destroyed all too easily. Were there more? Once again, she found another reason to be irritated with her lack of divine power and her mortal form. If only if she had known of this creature centuries before, she was arrogantly certain she could have completely stopped it completely in its tracks. She looked back towards the man, awaiting an answer.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

Adair
Tartarus Forest

Adair couldn't help but feel a form of satisfaction as the insects froze, descending before being sliced into pieces. The inhuman moan the obelisk let out as it was slain soon after was a little unsettling, but at least it was gone now along with the rest of the bugs. "You are most welcome." She had answered with a hint of pride in her neutral voice in reply to his thanks. For several seconds, she had stood still, staring at the emerged blue crystal that appeared, waiting for the stranger to do something about that, too. He knew more about these matters than even she, after all. It was only after a few moments when she looked towards him and realized he was staring at her, as if expecting her to do something.

She approached the crystal warily. "What is it?" Her voice rang in the silence of the forest as she stopped only a couple of footsteps away from the tiny crystal. She was hesitant to touch it, in the case that it may be a trap of some sort, or may cause even more trouble.

The issue of whether the entire situation was fixed now also surfaced in her mind. Since the obelisk was destroyed, would this creature still come to this world? Not only that, was there no way to stop it completely at all? It couldn't be as simple as that- the obelisk was destroyed all too easily. Were there more? Once again, she found another reason to be irritated with her lack of divine power and her mortal form. If only if she had known of this creature centuries before, she was arrogantly certain she could have completely stopped it completely in its tracks. She looked back towards the man, awaiting an answer.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki
The Drifter
Tartarus Forest

"That there... is a philosopher's stone... a solid mass of mana," The Drifter explained. "In the hands of someone pure, that crystal can grant powers beyond their wildest dreams. In the hands of someone with a weak will, it will drive them to madness..." The Drifter walked a few steps towards the strange stone.

"Let me ask you a question that has been bothering me for a long time..." The Drifter said as he watched the glowing stone.
"These events have happened before many times... each time I have tried to stop this threat from devouring the worlds I have visited... and each time... I have failed..." The Drifter spoke in a deep metallic echo.

"Each time I have watched men... women... and children cry out in pain as their bodies and souls merge with the void... as if to taunt me... the void lets me live and escape to the dark dimension... cursed to try saving the world once again..." He sighed.

"Let me ask you something..." He paused.
"If there was a way to save an infinite number of people living in an infinite number of dimensions... would you do it?"

He asked her, his mask not facing the crystal at all... only scanning her face for an answer.

Adair
Tartarus Forest

"A philosopher's stone..." Adair trailed off, looking back at the crystal. Surely, such a powerful mass of mana would aid her in her quest to regain her divinity. To take it was a tempting course of action, to say the least. She was certain her will would be more than strong enough to prevent its negative effects.

She turned her attention to the man's words, leaving the stone for now, as he began to speak again after approaching the stone as well. He spoke of visiting multiple worlds, and being unable to save any of them; all of them consumed by the "void". It must have been a heavy burden to carry, especially for so long. His efforts were almost admirable.

The question he asked her was of little trouble for her to answer, and she answered it with little to no hesitation. "Of course. Why would I not?" She asked with confidence, a little curious as to what the man was getting to. Surely there was more, or there was a catch. She wonder why he was even asking her such a thing.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

Adair
Tartarus Forest

"A philosopher's stone..." Adair trailed off, looking back at the crystal. Surely, such a powerful mass of mana would aid her in her quest to regain her divinity. To take it was a tempting course of action, to say the least. She was certain her will would be more than strong enough to prevent its negative effects.

She turned her attention to the man's words, leaving the stone for now, as he began to speak again after approaching the stone as well. He spoke of visiting multiple worlds, and being unable to save any of them; all of them consumed by the "void". It must have been a heavy burden to carry, especially for so long. His efforts were almost admirable.

The question he asked her was of little trouble for her to answer, and she answered it with little to no hesitation. "Of course. Why would I not?" She asked with confidence, a little curious as to what the man was getting to. Surely there was more, or there was a catch. She wonder why he was even asking her such a thing.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

The Drifter
Tartarus Forest

The Drifter didn't expect such as simple answer from the girl. Perhaps his frustration of failing to save the multiverse made him see things in a way that nobody else can.

"The entity that aims to destroy this world is very powerful... it is beyond the influence of all realms both human and divine..." The Drifter explained. "We have tried so many times to fight it... and I have seen many comrades die in their attempt to stop it by force..."

The Drifter sighed. "It is now clear to me that physical force has no effect on it. Magic does not do anything to it either. In fact not even divine intervention from some of the gods from the previous dimensions can halt its advance... it is an engine of pure destruction. Reasoning with it will not work either... as it lacks the empathy of a living creature. There is just one way we can destroy it..." The Drifter explained.

"What if I told you... the only way to destroy this threat... and save billions of lives... is to destroy this dimension? That includes you... it includes the king... it includes the birds in the sky, the fish in the oceans, the ghosts in the forests and the gods in heaven. This involves... sacrificing myself...." The Drifter looked at his hand and clenched his fist tightly.

Adair
Tartarus Forest

Adair stared for several moments at the man in complete disbelief. "Are you quite mad?" She scoffed. "Even the gods unable to stop it? Impossible." For eons upon eons, she had believed that the gods were the ultimate power. That everything had to obey them. That nothing could possibly ever surpass them. But here, this man was telling her even the gods could do nothing, and that the only way was to destroy an entire dimension, with her included.

She had never cared about the threat of death before. So why was her usually calm mind so rife with panick now? She soon realized the reason why- she never had to face the fear of death. All her life, she had believed she was fully immortal, that her life was ever-lasting, and that absolutely nothing could put a stop to it. "And you are willing to sacrifice your own life?" As far as she knew, mortals were selfish. They would do anything to avoid death, yet this one man thought it fine to sacrifice himself, and destroy an entire dimension with it.

A frustration and hatred began to form against her human body, which had brought these conflicting emotions upon her. As a deity, she could not feel, and she would be able to accept this revelation a necessary part of her duty. But her human emotions prevented her from doing so, and she had little idea what to do. "I... I don't know." Her voice unwillingly broke from its normal, confident tone. "I want to say yes, that if it is for the sake of order in so many dimensions, I am alright with it." She confessed in a shaky voice, her sudden panic rendering her unable to think as she normally would, causing her to blurt her thoughts out. "S-surely, there must be another way."

No, wait. If she truly could return to her true form as a goddess, she would have no trouble doing this. Perhaps if she could regain her power in time... then certainly, these troubling emotions would go away, and she would be able to truly do her duty as a deity of order. Yes, yes... All of these terrible emotions of fear and panic would have no relevance. She would be able to think rationally again, and not feel this terrible pain anymore... Her breathing grew heavier as she failed to realize how she was becoming so similar to the selfish mortals she herself so heavily looked down upon.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

Adair
Tartarus Forest

Adair stared for several moments at the man in complete disbelief. "Are you quite mad?" She scoffed. "Even the gods unable to stop it? Impossible." For eons upon eons, she had believed that the gods were the ultimate power. That everything had to obey them. That nothing could possibly ever surpass them. But here, this man was telling her even the gods could do nothing, and that the only way was to destroy an entire dimension, with her included.

She had never cared about the threat of death before. So why was her usually calm mind so rife with panick now? She soon realized the reason why- she never had to face the fear of death. All her life, she had believed she was fully immortal, that her life was ever-lasting, and that absolutely nothing could put a stop to it. "And you are willing to sacrifice your own life?" As far as she knew, mortals were selfish. They would do anything to avoid death, yet this one man thought it fine to sacrifice himself, and destroy an entire dimension with it.

A frustration and hatred began to form against her human body, which had brought these conflicting emotions upon her. As a deity, she could not feel, and she would be able to accept this revelation a necessary part of her duty. But her human emotions prevented her from doing so, and she had little idea what to do. "I... I don't know." Her voice unwillingly broke from its normal, confident tone. "I want to say yes, that if it is for the sake of order in so many dimensions, I am alright with it." She confessed in a shaky voice, her sudden panic rendering her unable to think as she normally would, causing her to blurt her thoughts out. "S-surely, there must be another way."

No, wait. If she truly could return to her true form as a goddess, she would have no trouble doing this. Perhaps if she could regain her power in time... then certainly, these troubling emotions would go away, and she would be able to truly do her duty as a deity of order. Yes, yes... All of these terrible emotions of fear and panic would have no relevance. She would be able to think rationally again, and not feel this terrible pain anymore... Her breathing grew heavier as she failed to realize how she was becoming so similar to the selfish mortals she herself so heavily looked down upon.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki
"Are you quite mad?" the girl, still unnamed in the Drifter's mind, shot a question that didn't really insult the man... it actually sounded like a very reasonable question.

"I... I don't know anymore. Sometimes I... question my sanity too. More importantly... I am starting to question my morality. Who am I to judge if whether the lives of people I have never met in an infinite number of dimensions are worth more than the comparably few lives in this dimension. Should I act... or should I let this dimension fall just like the ones before..." The Drifter sighed.

"I no longer give people my name... nor do I ask for names..." His metallic voice somehow conveyed pure sorrow and loneliness. "What is the point of making bonds... and friendships... when in the end this dimension will be destroyed. It will be destroyed by me... or my unstoppable adversary..." His hand that held his blade shook slightly.

"Its like watching... my friends drown right in front of me... and not being able to save any of them. I chose... to wear this cursed mask on my face to make me look less human... a man that thinks of such things clearly does not deserve humanity..." He drew his sword and pointed it at the crystal.

"Those stones are a key to destroying my foe..." He explained to the young goddess. "I want to ask you what I should do. Should I destroy it with my blade... or should I take it in preparation for my final battle?" The asked the girl. "I am sorry if I am burdening you with such a choice... but please understand the weight that falls on my shoulders..."

Last edited:
Adair
Tartarus Forest

"Why.. Are you asking me?" Adair asked shakily. "I c-cannot possibly make a rational decision... Not like this." A few of his words struck her, truly causing her to think. "In the end this dimension will be destroyed." This dimension was doomed either way, no matter what happened. Even that was difficult, if not impossible, to swallow. She knew, deep inside, despite the shock she was experiencing at the moment, what the most logical decision is. "If... If this dimension truly will inevitably die, then...." She paused struggling to choke the words out. Mortals often used deep breaths as a method of calming down, or so she heard. She attempted this, breathing deeply before continuing in a still shaky, albeit less so, voice. "Then you may as well... Take this so-called "void" with it." Her head was turned away from him, and she refused to look at him as she spoke. "There is no point in not stopping it, if this world will be destroyed either way. Is... That not true?" The feeling of uncertainty she felt was something new; she'd never felt it before. Was this what the man had to go through every day? A substance of unbearably warm temperatures began to fill in her eye. "Tears", she believed they were called. She continued to try to calm herself, trying to think rationally and logically again.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

Adair
Tartarus Forest

"Why.. Are you asking me?" Adair asked shakily. "I c-cannot possibly make a rational decision... Not like this." A few of his words struck her, truly causing her to think. "In the end this dimension will be destroyed." This dimension was doomed either way, no matter what happened. Even that was difficult, if not impossible, to swallow. She knew, deep inside, despite the shock she was experiencing at the moment, what the most logical decision is. "If... If this dimension truly will inevitably die, then...." She paused struggling to choke the words out. Mortals often used deep breaths as a method of calming down, or so she heard. She attempted this, breathing deeply before continuing in a still shaky, albeit less so, voice. "Then you may as well... Take this so-called "void" with it." Her head was turned away from him, and she refused to look at him as she spoke. "There is no point in not stopping it, if this world will be destroyed either way. Is... That not true?" The feeling of uncertainty she felt was something new; she'd never felt it before. Was this what the man had to go through every day? A substance of unbearably warm temperatures began to fill in her eye. "Tears", she believed they were called. She continued to try to calm herself, trying to think rationally and logically again.

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

The Drifter
Tartarus Forest

"There is no point in not stopping it, if this world will be destroyed either way. Is... That not true?"
Her words pierced through the Drifter's mind.

"I'm afraid it's not that simple. It's not like I completely understand how the force of destruction works... my plan might not even work... I'd estimate that its a rough 50% chance that my plan will work," The drifter explained. "I could be destroying this world for absolutely no reason... making me somewhat of a mass murderer..." He added.

"What should I do?" The man stared at the crystal. He approached it with his exposed blade.

"I am not so brave as I once thought... An urge is forcing me to do something inhuman... at the same time I have the urge to do absolutely nothing at all. Should I try to be a hero... or should I just allow everything to end around me? The worst part is KNOWING... I envy those who are blissfully ignorant of the state of this reality. I am sorry for giving you the burden of truth,"

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Dungeon >>> Library

"Well. I'll talk to Azazel. Hopefully, I can convince him to let you out," he concluded his conversation with her. To be fair, he had little to no intent to carry out such an action. He walked up the stairs, and as soon as he was out, he looked around from left to right. He made his way over to the library. Perhaps he could kill time much like sugar kills the foul aftertaste of tea using the local library. Who knows? Maybe he'd stumble upon some tome of forbidden knowledge. Besides, it was still far too early to make a move to kill Azazel. He was surrounded by allies. He needed to thin out the walls of the Guild from within. Rouse the suspicions of a traitor being in their flock, and at the same time; reinforce his position. He'd have to start with Pandora; she was the most likely to suspect him. He needed to gain her trust, as killing her would only further point to himself being the traitor.

He made his way over to the library and sat down, looking through books of occult knowledge.
(Open for interaction)

Azazel Rofocale

Azazel looked at the Oni girl, then suddenly stood up. He looked down at her hip, or rather specifically; what was around it. There was an artifact like that in the Guild's Vault. He was sure of it. It was the... "Draconium Rope? Who gave it to you?" Azazel pointed at the rope hanging from her hip, calmly inquiring about its origins. "How bizarre..." he muttered, slowly making his way over to Akane. "The Draconium Rope. It belonged to a Hero that once walked the very walls of this guild," he commented, then thought about his statement. "No. Wait. Two Heroes. A Master and her apprentice. She passed it onto him if I remember right. Either way, where did you get it? As far as I know, there is only one, but there may have been more made." Azazel was clearly intrigued, if not a little disturbed.

Hanarei Hanarei Alteras Alteras IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Dungeon >>> Library

"Well. I'll talk to Azazel. Hopefully, I can convince him to let you out," he concluded his conversation with her. To be fair, he had little to no intent to carry out such an action. He walked up the stairs, and as soon as he was out, he looked around from left to right. He made his way over to the library. Perhaps he could kill time much like sugar kills the foul aftertaste of tea using the local library. Who knows? Maybe he'd stumble upon some tome of forbidden knowledge. Besides, it was still far too early to make a move to kill Azazel. He was surrounded by allies. He needed to thin out the walls of the Guild from within. Rouse the suspicions of a traitor being in their flock, and at the same time; reinforce his position. He'd have to start with Pandora; she was the most likely to suspect him. He needed to gain her trust, as killing her would only further point to himself being the traitor.

He made his way over to the library and sat down, looking through books of occult knowledge.
(Open for interaction)

Azazel Rofocale

Azazel looked at the Oni girl, then suddenly stood up. He looked down at her hip, or rather specifically; what was around it. There was an artifact like that in the Guild's Vault. He was sure of it. It was the... "Draconium Rope? Who gave it to you?" Azazel pointed at the rope hanging from her hip, calmly inquiring about its origins. "How bizarre..." he muttered, slowly making his way over to Akane. "The Draconium Rope. It belonged to a Hero that once walked the very walls of this guild," he commented, then thought about his statement. "No. Wait. Two Heroes. A Master and her apprentice. She passed it onto him if I remember right. Either way, where did you get it? As far as I know, there is only one, but there may have been more made." Azazel was clearly intrigued, if not a little disturbed.

Akane Hiei
Azazel's Office

Akane blinked when the Guildmaster got up and pointed at the rope given to her by Drifter. "Oh... uh..." She instinctively held on to it with her right hand. "It was given to my by a masked man wearing black clothes... I don't know his name... but..." She remembered the strange man's burdened expressions and how he mentioned that he might go on the path to destroying this world. "...He seems really strange. He says he came from another dimension... and he hopes to save this dimension from an unspeakable power...." Akane explained. "I trust that he's telling the truth..." Akane declared. She unholstered the rope and lifted it in front of the guildmaster... she's surprised about how heavy the rope actually is when holding with one hand. "If this is yours, I will return it to you... It's not mine after all..." She said with slight annoyance.

Azazel Rofocale

Azazel looked at her, hearing out her explanation. As she reached out with the rope, he took it in his hands and briefly examined it. Eventually, Azazel gave it back to her. "Keep it. You will need it," he said, referring to her search of her sister. "Either way. I do not know where your sister is, but I know this much: Whoever that man was, he is a friend of the Guild. And if he is a friend of the Guild and gave you the Draconium Rope; that means you should have it. If you want to find your sister, I can help you find the way to find her, but I won't guide you through it." Azazel sublimated into his spirit form, and no more than 10 seconds later; he materialized again, holding something in his hands. It was a crystal ball. An artifact from the Vault? "This is the Ball of Ouroboros. It is a potent divination tool. Meditate on it and it will show you the way to any goal you have set for yourself, as long as you truly believe in it. You can keep it, or return it to me at your leisure," he said.

Azazel turned himself to Reina and Aslan, now that he was done speaking with Akane. He looked at Aslan and made one request of him: "Please, give me a minute." He approached Reina and her statue, then bent his body a little to match her height. "I think it's amazing. But Reina; I can't stay here, alright? I'm sorry, but you probably won't see me again after I choose the new Guildmaster," he said, in a polite and calm tone. He was hoping that his words did not sadden or weigh on the girl's consciousness too much.

Reina watched quietly as Azazel spoke to the Oni girl lsitening to their conversation. Her eyes couldn't help but glance upon the rope upon her waist as Azazel seemed to point it out. She blinked, scratching at her cheek not quite sure what it was suppose to be. Her puzzlement was only made that much worst when she heard her rambling about some guy from another dimension? Reina was left completely lost unable to put any of the pieces together. It was a bunch of words that flew straight over the poor blonde's head not being really much for thinking about complex things like alternate dimensions and all that 'busy' stuff.

She blinked as she suddenly snapped back to attention. A smile was on her lips looking hopefully at Azazel as he shifted his attention over towards her and the strange person she came with. She stared cutely up at him with a bright smile as he leaned down hoping to hear some praise and a passionate speech from Azazel telling her how moved his heart was and how he couldn't give up now. Unfortunately... it seemed as if such a thing wasn't a reality. A frown filled Reina's lips looking to him not hard to tell she was upset, looking as if shew as about to cry staring up at him.

"B..b...but Master Azzz... the guild needs you. Your the leader, you can't just leave. You put so much of your heart into it! It was your passion. Its sad to see you go... b... but won't it be even worst for you?" She asked suddenly reaching up grabbing him, hugging him. "N... not to mention not seeing you again? Why would you say such a thing? I don't want you to just vanish either, your an important person to me, to everyone in the guild. You can't just poof off the face of the planet like that." She spoke looking at him holding lightly onto him with a sad expression on her face.

Birdsie Birdsie IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Alteras Alteras

Azazel Rofocale

Azazel hugged her back. He shook his head. He had several reasons for leaving that he couldn't impart onto her or anyone else in the room. Azazel could barely keep himself from crying underneath his helmet. "I'm an old demon, Reina. You don't need me anymore. Pandora was right; I'm senile. I'm naive. I've grown into this foolishness myself, and now I have to leave the Guild in the arms of someone responsible," he tried to convince her. To be fair, Azazel was full of pain and regret right now. His voice was trembling, and you could tell he barely kept himself in composure. "But don't worry. There are others like me, Reina. People that will take care of you and help you when you need it most. Even I'll be there all along if you look for me. Especially when you need my help the most," he was speaking hypothetically, in a philosophical way; that he knew Reina would understand not today, and not tomorrow; but one day for sure. Azazel still had a day or two in the Guild, but once he left, the chances that he met any of the members of the Guild were thin. "Be strong, okay?" he added. Azazel had to pick his words carefully. "Can you do that for me?" he asked.

Reina felt as Azazel hugged her back, being a bit overly sentimental for her age, though it was to be expected of Reina. She tended to be a bit more childish then she should for her age... well at least what age she appeared to be in human years. She looked him shaking her head. "Th.. that's not true..." She muttered in response to him mentioning his inability or properly lead. She didn't at all view him in that way. While she had heard a little about the fight that had happened in her absence, she had never questioned Azazel's actions dismissing it in her mind. She looked at him as he continued on noticing his voice despite her naivety.

"I... I don't n... need someone to watch over me, I just want you around Azzy... " She spoke almost pleading looking at him. She didn't seem to one to drop her attempts to push him to stay with the guild. She likely looked so silly to the others in the room but she didn't really care much at all about coming off in such a way. She looked at him nodding her head a bit. "I'll be strong, but I want you to stay." She retorted, as if in a way attempting to bargin with him.

Birdsie Birdsie Alteras Alteras IamNotLoki IamNotLoki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back