• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Guild of Heroes (Temporarily Closed)

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind

Navigation
IC
OOC
CS
Interest Check

A Guild of Heroes

Back for another story, eh? Alright, alright. Just sit down... and tune your ears.

300 years ago, the forces of evil became an ever-present threat on the continent of Gael. The planet of Terra held a small country; Albion, one that was particularly fallen during this period. This is a lighthearted story. A story of idealism and moral struggle, in a world of heroes and villains; a tale of strife and a fable of passion.

Eventually, the world grew decadent. Hatred, thievery, larceny, murder, sin... and these cursed dark elves.
One man, you could call him a hero, but he was more of... a goddamned badass.

Dragon Nests? Burnt.
Princesses? Rescued.
Demons? Crawled back to hell.
And all of it served on a silver platter with a humble, modest smile - for free! Now, this young man's name is William Black - and there were little to no calamities that could stand in his way - his legend is glorious. Overflowing with exploits of his majesty.

Now, now. Don't get me wrong. Black wasn't the only one who did good. There were others who had their hearts in the right places but used the wrong methods or lacked experience. Seeing how effective he was, William still deemed himself useless - because what can one, puny, mortal human do, in a world of diverse creatures and superpowers?

So, he gathered all others that felt just as he did, and with them; he created the Guild of Heroes. At first, they were a small few individuals, but a few men and women trying to spread good and learning more about themselves and the world. Eventually, it grew into a legion, and later into a grandiose organization of large size. They lived off of donations and extra pay for the contracts they did with the citizens of Albion, and later expanded past one country; onto the whole continent of Gael, but... That was a golden era of the Guild, and it ended roughly 200 years ago, as the number of calamities lowered; so did the need for the Guild's activity.

Although William Black made a great legacy and carved a legend in the hearts of the people; the Guild grew weaker and weaker, like an immune system given fewer bacteria to combat.

Now, it is Year 521 of the Albion Calendar, counted since the creation of the country itself. We will stop focusing on Black and the heroes of legends past; and focus on the newest additions of the Guild.

The story begins here, and it begins now...
*The screen fades*

Last edited:
Rules:
Note:
Due to how several of my last roleplays concluded, I will be very severe about these.
  1. Obey standard RPN rules.
  2. If you can't fully commit yourself - don't even bother making a CS. I am hoping to see people that won't drop out once the action gets stale and will devote themselves, trying their best to keep the RP alive. A Writer's Block is no excuse. When you hit it, the best thing is to retreat from the current scene in some way and quickly, without wait - come back somewhere else, even if you need to find a poor excuse for it.
  3. I am always right.
  4. When I am wrong, refer to the rule above.
  5. I expect at least a small paragraph (4 full lines of text,) per each post. If you can't fill that requirement, don't bother posting. I understand some scenes are mostly conversation based, but give us something to work with and it will be good.
  6. I expect at least one post daily, and I very much encourage you to post more than that, which will be very, very, very, VERY much appreciated. It is not that much, is it? Of course, if you can't post because of some given reason - let me know and I will excuse you.
  7. No metagame, controlling other people's characters, etc.
  8. If you want your character to get a new spell, weapon, item, or otherwise other such things of plot relevance; include it in your post as "NEW SPELL: (Insert explanation)/NEW ITEM: (Explain)," etc. This applies to any such items and phenomena that affect the flow. After you do that, I will like your post. Once I do that, you have a green light to edit your CS and include it.
  9. I know this may seem trivial for the first pages of the RP, especially if you played from the beginning; but I very much ask that you always include the name and location of your character above the post. If I was a new player and saw several hundred pages of stuff that I have no idea about; I'd be very confused, so this will help new players easily jump into the flow. Be a team player!
  10. Write with somewhat proper grammar and don't use distracting/small fonts. I don't expect miracles, just something that's readable and understandable. All people have different amounts of experience and I understand that, but it is not so hard to split a text into paragraphs.
  11. Feel free to control NPCs that have little relation to the plot.
  12. Best comes last: Have fun! \(^ _ ^)/
Oh, and don't post until I make the opener, kay? Kay. Kay! Thanks, senpai!
IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel SP3CT3R SP3CT3R CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Swire Swire

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel SP3CT3R SP3CT3R CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Swire Swire Hanarei Hanarei NUSKI NUSKI Gothemel Gothemel Safety Hammer Safety Hammer Wilted Wilted Noble Scion Noble Scion FireMaiden FireMaiden The Omen of Death The Omen of Death
Alright, ye bastards. That's quite enough players for now.

Above you will find the rules. Obey them, or else! I really going to be a hardass about these! Don't expect that I'll go easy on you.
Also, I will recruit any one willing person to be my Co-GM - let me know in the OOC area. First come first serve. I need a committed, intelligent person that won't just do what I tell them to - but go out of their way to catch this RP when it starts stalling - like catching a baby about to fall out of its crib. Got it? Good.

Once you're done with the rules, slide all the way to the VEEERY top of this page. You'll find the navigation bar there. Click on CS, and make your character! That is all, user-senpai.

Oh, and: We're starting in circa 2 hours from now. I will create a starting post.

Remember: Sir William... or Sir Black... whatever you want to call him: The Epic Badass is counting on you! *Thumbs up*

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel SP3CT3R SP3CT3R CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Swire Swire Hanarei Hanarei NUSKI NUSKI Gothemel Gothemel Wilted Wilted Noble Scion Noble Scion FireMaiden FireMaiden The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

CHAPTER 0: Prologue

Date: 521-04-30
Time: Noon
Weather: Warm, calm, clear sky.

Objectives:
  • Character Introduction (Once several of the characters have met each other and talked about stuff, we will move onto the next chapter with a timeskip of 1 day.)
  • Visit Azazel for side-missions if you desire

IMPORTANT LOCATIONS:
Bowerstone - The capital city of Albion.
Fort Black - The HQ of the Guild of Heroes. A large fortress with multiple gates and walls, fully independent from the kingdom and its politics.

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black: Guildmaster's Office

A carrier pigeon landed on the very edge of the window, with a letter strapped to its leg. Azazel glanced at it through its helmet, then took the message off of it, as the pigeon treated itself to some grain and water that were waiting for it and others of its kind where it stood.

Azazel took a small knife for opening letters and cut an opening in the thick paper. It reeked of ink, post offices, and... mustard? He started reading.

Dear Azazel,

It has been a long time since the two of us last spoke, but I do hope that you fondly remember your brother in arms against the Emperor of the Underworld. Yes, as you may ask yourself; it is I, Astorath, writing to you at the moment. I have escaped the underworld and am currently living somewhere in the mortal realm, but I cannot meet with you due to private reasons. I do, however, have one request of you.

Take care of my son.
During our time apart, I have fathered a cambion child of mine, with a woman I fell in love with. It was a mistake, but please, do not judge my son just because of his blood, and treat him as you would anyone else. I want a good life for him, but I cannot take care of him myself. I am sorry for the trouble and I hope you understand.

He will arrive later today. Thank you for all your troubles.

- Your comrade, Astorath

"Astorath?" the demon asked himself. "What have you done...? That's dangerous. Children of infernal or celestial power in mortal shells were never meant to be. But yet, I owe you an immortal lifetime. I will do as you wish, Astorath. You followed my orders, albeit with bitter reluctance, but you even saved my life once, protecting me from a blade. Was that true care, or was it because you thought as an Emperor I'd do better? I do not know, but I know I owe you, still. A life for a life."

He threw the letter onto his desk, and walked downstairs to investigate if anyone arrived yet.

(Insert Intro Credits)

IamNotLoki IamNotLoki Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel SP3CT3R SP3CT3R CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Swire Swire Hanarei Hanarei NUSKI NUSKI Gothemel Gothemel Wilted Wilted Noble Scion Noble Scion FireMaiden FireMaiden The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

CHAPTER 0: Prologue

Date: 521-04-30
Time: Noon
Weather: Warm, calm, clear sky.

Objectives:
  • Character Introduction (Once several of the characters have met each other and talked about stuff, we will move onto the next chapter with a timeskip of 1 day.)
  • Visit Azazel for side-missions if you desire

IMPORTANT LOCATIONS:
Bowerstone - The capital city of Albion.
Fort Black - The HQ of the Guild of Heroes. A large fortress with multiple gates and walls, fully independent from the kingdom and its politics.

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black: Guildmaster's Office

A carrier pigeon landed on the very edge of the window, with a letter strapped to its leg. Azazel glanced at it through its helmet, then took the message off of it, as the pigeon treated itself to some grain and water that were waiting for it and others of its kind where it stood.

Azazel took a small knife for opening letters and cut an opening in the thick paper. It reeked of ink, post offices, and... mustard? He started reading.

Dear Azazel,

It has been a long time since the two of us last spoke, but I do hope that you fondly remember your brother in arms against the Emperor of the Underworld. Yes, as you may ask yourself; it is I, Astorath, writing to you at the moment. I have escaped the underworld and am currently living somewhere in the mortal realm, but I cannot meet with you due to private reasons. I do, however, have one request of you.

Take care of my son.
During our time apart, I have fathered a cambion child of mine, with a woman I fell in love with. It was a mistake, but please, do not judge my son just because of his blood, and treat him as you would anyone else. I want a good life for him, but I cannot take care of him myself. I am sorry for the trouble and I hope you understand.

He will arrive later today. Thank you for all your troubles.

- Your comrade, Astorath

"Astorath?" the demon asked himself. "What have you done...? That's dangerous. Children of infernal or celestial power in mortal shells were never meant to be. But yet, I owe you an immortal lifetime. I will do as you wish, Astorath. You followed my orders, albeit with bitter reluctance, but you even saved my life once, protecting me from a blade. Was that true care, or was it because you thought as an Emperor I'd do better? I do not know, but I know I owe you, still. A life for a life."

He threw the letter onto his desk, and walked downstairs to investigate if anyone arrived yet.

(Insert Intro Credits)

Fort Black
An owl was sitting there watching as Azazel walked by.

Selena was sitting there in a chair, reading a book. Owl: A guide to every species in the world. She absolutely loved this book. It was worn out from the constant page turning. Her very first book ever. She saw him before he came down, not that it really mattered anyways. Grace sat on her shoulder looking at the book as well. "There's me again!" she hooted happily. Like Selena, Grace never got tired of reading the book.

When Azazel walked downstairs, Selena greeted him. "Good afternoon, Azazel. Any reports this morning?" She said without even looking up

Iclyn Hajnal Holmström

Iclyn ate through her chicken and coleslaw dish. She wasn't able to eat this luxuriously during her travels, but joining the guild changed that for her. "Uwaaaa." She smiled in happiness as she savored every bit of food. Joining the guild also gave her an actual bed, albeit one that isn't as comfortable as a snow mattress, but at least it doesn't leave her back covered in water and ice. Well that one is partly her fault, always forgetting to put the little marks on right face of the third ring of the geometric rune. And other stuff like getting an income. Plus, she can actually put her Gate rune to good use.

She had spent the morning in the Library of Fractional Memories looking for runes. Most of the ones she found were already ones that she had found or created before. And those that weren't were incomplete. Some lacked parts of a ring, others lacked geometric ordinances, there were even those that lacked entire association pieces. She copied down one of the incomplete runes and has been thinking of ways to fix it. It was interesting in its own right, having 3 association ordinances aligned in a position that didn't follow any clear pattern. However, it seems like one of the ordinances is missing a piece. As such, she spent the morning trying to figure out what was missing.

As Iclyn finished her meal, she rose up and walked out into the hallway, and began making her way to the courtyard.

(open to interaction).

Reina Stehlengar

It was as if the a sense of jubilation filled the air as a presence approached. A bright smile lingered on the girls lips as she approached down the hall knowing almost instinctively that ol' 'Ironhead' as one of the many names she liked to call Azazel. Her nice black dress clung to her body, her quick pace making the skirt whip a little behind her. It was like a blur as the short figure suddenly came running up the hall at full speed. It seemed almost as if she was looking to run straight through anyone in her path, running past Selena. She jumped up, suddenly tackling the imposing leader with a hug as she smiled excitedly.

"Az-Sensei! How are you doinnnnng? It's like your always in your room all the time being gloomy doomy!" She spoke with an excited voice. She still clung onto him, staring at him in what most would probably consider to be... a bit too close for comfort.

Reina jumped down after a brief pause, brushing herself off as she stepped to the side. It was as if she was attempting to put on a proper posture after her rather brash behavior. Her short blond hair seemed to somehow retain itself generally outside some frills, her purple horns poking out looking almost like hair ornaments to those who don't look close enough. The back of her dress was left open exposing part of her back, showing part of the strange purple bony spine jutting from her back, the opening starting just below her shoulders, spreading almost oval in shape before finally stopping several inches above her waist. She turned her head over looking towards Selena, tilting her head cutely to the side.

"Ooo.... hello to you too!" She spoke bowing her head as if in some way attempting to return to a much more formal posture despite her episode happening in front of the girl. She shuffled forward towards her, looking curiously at her and glancing at the book she held. She began to lean in, looking over it curiously, not questioning her about it immediately but seeming to instead take a look at it herself. "Oooo! A book! Is it a fun book? I like the books that have the stories in it the most!" She questioned her leaning in close keeping her hands behind her back. It wasn't hard to tell Reina was energetic today.... even more then usual. It was her first time back to the Guild in a little over a week after having to go away for some 'family business' making her all the more excited.

Birdsie Birdsie Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Rose Von Kleine - Courtyard
IMG_2798.JPG
Rose was happily resting under the shade of a nearby tree, eyes closed and appearing as though she were asleep, but her body remained rather tense due to still not being quite comfortable around all these people with their fancy way of speaking, not to mention she wasn't the most liked woman around after her arrival. Several tables splintered into smithereens and one hero now one-armed, but that had been a while ago and sure enough, they had gotten used to her presense and knew when she was open to be spoken to, or when she should be left well alone. Rose's axe was resting next to her, gleaming slightly in the light. The stolen axe, which she had named Hecatiel, was a work of experienced craftsmanship, but sadly, both the owner of the axe and the blacksmith that had worked so very hard to make werennow burried under the heavy snow of the north.

Her eyes slid open as she noticed someone she had seen around but never really spoken to move into the courtyard. Feeling rather sociable, Rose clambered up, picked up the incredibly heavy great-axe with ease, and made her way over to the woman in blue clothing that had patches of fur around it, faintly similar to her own, but Rose's seemed a lot less capable of defending against a blow. "Ah.. Hello! I am Rose, nice to meet you." She grinned to the blue-haired woman, axe resting over both shoulders and trying to seem unthreatening rather unsuccessfully, her face wasn't that of a kind woman and her best smile was a crazed one, but she tried her best to seem polite. "How are you today?" She continued, her language still rather basic. Her own soft-pink hair was tied up in a bun by a small piece of blue ribbon she has taken from one of the merchants she had met before coming here

Alteras Alteras

Reina Stehlengar

It was as if the a sense of jubilation filled the air as a presence approached. A bright smile lingered on the girls lips as she approached down the hall knowing almost instinctively that ol' 'Ironhead' as one of the many names she liked to call Azazel. Her nice black dress clung to her body, her quick pace making the skirt whip a little behind her. It was like a blur as the short figure suddenly came running up the hall at full speed. It seemed almost as if she was looking to run straight through anyone in her path, running past Selena. She jumped up, suddenly tackling the imposing leader with a hug as she smiled excitedly.

"Az-Sensei! How are you doinnnnng? It's like your always in your room all the time being gloomy doomy!" She spoke with an excited voice. She still clung onto him, staring at him in what most would probably consider to be... a bit too close for comfort.

Reina jumped down after a brief pause, brushing herself off as she stepped to the side. It was as if she was attempting to put on a proper posture after her rather brash behavior. Her short blond hair seemed to somehow retain itself generally outside some frills, her purple horns poking out looking almost like hair ornaments to those who don't look close enough. The back of her dress was left open exposing part of her back, showing part of the strange purple bony spine jutting from her back, the opening starting just below her shoulders, spreading almost oval in shape before finally stopping several inches above her waist. She turned her head over looking towards Selena, tilting her head cutely to the side.

"Ooo.... hello to you too!" She spoke bowing her head as if in some way attempting to return to a much more formal posture despite her episode happening in front of the girl. She shuffled forward towards her, looking curiously at her and glancing at the book she held. She began to lean in, looking over it curiously, not questioning her about it immediately but seeming to instead take a look at it herself. "Oooo! A book! Is it a fun book? I like the books that have the stories in it the most!" She questioned her leaning in close keeping her hands behind her back. It wasn't hard to tell Reina was energetic today.... even more then usual. It was her first time back to the Guild in a little over a week after having to go away for some 'family business' making her all the more excited.

Birdsie Birdsie Kylesar1 Kylesar1
This girl came in getting a bit too close. "Personal space please, hon." Lucina said, leaning away from her. She snapped shut the book and held it out to her. "It's just an owl Reference book. Completely non-fiction. I have plenty of storybooks though." Lucina stood up. This girl must be on some crack today, Lucina thought.

"Did you enjoy your vacation the past week?" The owl hooted at her from Lucina's shoulder, its head turned to a right angle in question

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black

Azazel had no way of resisting the forceful hug, and sighed softly, but not in a negative way. It was a routine at this point. She asked him the question, and he gladly answered. "Yes, I had quite the paperwork to deal with," in a child-friendly tone. His voice was vibrant, vigorous, expressive, happy, inviting and full of waffles - just how children liked it.

"Listen you two," Azazel drew attention to himself with a polite voice. It sounded like what someone's grandpa speaking to two children would sound like. "My... My..." he was searching for a word, but couldn't find one. After a few seconds, Azazel finished his image. "My nephew, yes. He will be arriving at the Fort shortly. It has been requested of me to take care of him, so, please, act naturally," he said. It was a white little lie. He was not related to Astaroth, but the two were a sort of kindred spirits. You could say they were brothers in arms, so the title of nephew was close enough to be true. "I want him to find a good home here."

"Also, by the way, Lucina. Can your owls do me a favor? I'd like someone to hang these posters, but all of the messengers are out currently," he said, holding out his hand and showing them a 'WE WANT YOU FOR THE GUILD OF HEROES,' poster.

dark_priest_in_uncle_sam_style_by_n_pigeon-d59wa37.png

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (Don't forget to post your name and location, b-baka!)

Hanarei Hanarei

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black

Azazel had no way of resisting the forceful hug, and sighed softly, but not in a negative way. It was a routine at this point. She asked him the question, and he gladly answered. "Yes, I had quite the paperwork to deal with," in a child-friendly tone. His voice was vibrant, vigorous, expressive, happy, inviting and full of waffles - just how children liked it.

"Listen you two," Azazel drew attention to himself with a polite voice. It sounded like what someone's grandpa speaking to two children would sound like. "My... My..." he was searching for a word, but couldn't find one. After a few seconds, Azazel finished his image. "My nephew, yes. He will be arriving at the Fort shortly. It has been requested of me to take care of him, so, please, act naturally," he said. It was a white little lie. He was not related to Astaroth, but the two were a sort of kindred spirits. You could say they were brothers in arms, so the title of nephew was close enough to be true. "I want him to find a good home here."

"Also, by the way, Lucina. Can your owls do me a favor? I'd like someone to hang these posters, but all of the messengers are out currently," he said, holding out his hand and showing them a 'WE WANT YOU FOR THE GUILD OF HEROES,' poster.

dark_priest_in_uncle_sam_style_by_n_pigeon-d59wa37.png

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (Don't forget to post your name and location, b-baka!)

Hanarei Hanarei
Lucina Waesmor

"Can do." Lucina snapped her fingers and nothing seemed to happen. "Dawn, could you take these?" This was actually more of a rhetorical question, as Dawn almost never disobeyed Lucina. She took the posters and gave them to Dawn, who took them in her beak. "Taking off, master!" The owl hooted aloud via telepathy. The owl took her leave and one could hear the battering of wings from outside.

Lucina paused briefly until the battering of wings was fading away. She then turned back to Azazel. "So what should we know about your nephew? Is he joining the guild? Has he shown any skill? Or is this a case of Nepotism?"

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black

He shrugged at her questions. "He is a... Cambion. A mortal body, with an infernal soul. Such... beings... were never meant to happen, but, well, everyone can make mistakes," he said, then quickly took back what he said: "Not that he is a mistake. I would never think of anyone as that!" his voice was very fast-paced, trying to explain the origin of his words. "It's just that Cambion can be unstable sometimes. At times, one would be born as a well of pure energy locked in a thin, mortal shell; other times, as a mere mortal infused with some demonic energy; and other times, they are like unstable storms of power. That chaotic way of existence, that is why I took vows of celibacy to never father one."

He looked toward the gates of the fortress. "
Other than that, I don't know anything, even how old he is. Seeing how old I am, he might as well be in his late 90's or be as young that he'll barely understand how to speak. And then, I suppose he might have some magical talent since such things occur frequently in the children of demons. I've already told the guards to let him in, and he should be here any minute or any hour," Azazel stated.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Hanarei Hanarei

Reina Stehlengar

Reina heard Azazel's voice clearly despite having ventured off, smiling brightly looking up at him. She heard the woman speak, blinking as she shimmied back a little bit in response to her comment. While she seemed to respect her wishes, it was hard to tell if Rin was actually listening to it or if she had just simply moved away on her own accord. She could be very nonchalant when it came to reacting to things she was asked to do. She nodded at the girl as she held at the book, taking a closer glance at it.

"Oooooo those kind of books. They can be alright, a bit boring at times. They remind em of Azzy when he goes on lecturing, always straight to the point all grumpy old man sounding!" She spoke wagging her finger a little,perhaps overstating just how Azazel could be a bit. She had a habit of exaggerating things a bit. She turned her head to Azazel, stopping her little brief rant of sorts to Lucina. A bright smile filled her lips. She wondered if hew as just as dreary as Azi-sensei could be. Her head tilted up drifting off in excitement letting her imagination run wild in thought thinking of all the crazy ways he could look like based of her guildmaster.

She snapped back to looking to Lucina as she responded back to Azazel, shifting her had back and forth between the two like a lost puppy attempting to grasp at what she had missed during her little daze. She tapped her finger gently against her chin a bit in thought. As he began to explain more about his Nephew she looked at him curiously. She began to drift a bit in thought her curiousity about his appearance returning though she managed to keep the reigns on it this time from sending her mind in a tangent.

"AH! Don't worry Azi-sensei, I'll be extra nice to him! I can give him all the hugs if he needs them too!" She spoke with a smile, not being completely serious with her words as she nodded. She could joke around a little bit, knowing how her guild master's initial hesitation towards a hug even if he did give in after a bit. She figured he would be somewhat like him to some extent. She wasn't truthfully sure just what he might be like, though it didn't seem like she was the only one uncertain of how the new arrival might act.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Courtyard

The gates of steel and wood that were over 10 meters tall opened slightly, letting one man in, who wore a backpack around his arms. The humanoid figure looked to be mortal and human, physically frail in comparison. There was a certain theme to the person, of white and black color. With a white garment, white hair, and alabaster eyes, black gloves, tenebrous boots, and pants, complete with his black leathery belt and the pouches on it, he looked around with a calculating gaze before his expression turned into a sunny smile as it locked itself on Azazel and the others near him. His appearance was uncanny. It was not rich in color, yet he didn't look like he was from a poor family. Indeed, he did not look like he came from a wealthy bloodline as well; creating an aura of intrigue.

Damian approached the group and showed impeccable manner as he gave a slight bow and introduced himself. "Damian Vi Lasombra, son of Isabel Vi Lasombra of Krakkov, I assume you are Azazel Rofocale?" he asked, looking at the man who wore a metallic mask.

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Courtyard
"Yes, it is a pleasure to finally meet you," Azazel said.
"The pleasure's mine, uncle," Damian reached out and grasped Azazel's hand in a friendly handshake. "And who are you two?" Damian asked, glancing at Lucina and Reina.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Hanarei Hanarei

Lucina Waesmor
Fort Black

She studied him intently as he approached. He was..............not someone who got here by any physical merit. Any promise he showed, if any, was most definitely in Magic. She knew nothing of him, his family, or his bloodline. Nevertheless, she wanted to be polite, so she bowed with a refined flourish when he addressed her. Introductions are in order.

"I am Lucina Waesmor. Address me as Luci if you so desire. Nice to meet you Damian Vi Lasombra." She said as he hair fell over her eyes. She whipped it back and held direct eye contact. She intended to have a soft stare, but she could very well come off as intimidating if he was even the slightest bit shy, which didn't seem to be the case. She was taller than him and fully armed, her longsword resting in the sheath

Birdsie Birdsie
Hanarei Hanarei

Reina Stehlengar

It didn't take long after the arrival of Damian for Rin to be gleefully smiling. It was always fun when new people came to the guild. She looked him over, seeming almost lost glancing upon him. She seemed almost lost.... as if absorbed by how handsome he was. Truthfully... it was much more her childlish side more trying to link him with Azazekl wondering where he might be hiding his metal mask. They seemed so different to her as she still didn't question the guild master's claim he was his nephew. She had no reason to believe it to be a lie to do otherwise and took it as 100% fact.

Rin stumbled forward after he questioned herself and Luci. She stopped before him smiling brightly as she bowed her head as a sign of respect, although her overall motion was perhaps not the cleanest attempt. She had a big smile on her lips, the half dragon tilting her head to the side looking up at him still filled with curiosity. She kept silent for a few seconds as if her words were lost to her. Fortunately Lucina had managed to break the silence giving her introduction snapping Reina back to reality.

"Ooo! Ah! You may call me Lady Reina if you so desire sir... or Reina is fine... or just RIn... or Ren works too if you like." She spoke as she came off a bit bumbling at first shifting to a much more refined tone only to quickly lose it to shift back to her more playful and light hearted self rambling off a bunch of names he might call her. It was no secret that she wasn't very good at keeping up her prim and proper appearances for very long while she was excited. It was something she was working on with the help of some of her servants. Without her father around it left her to be in charge of things in general at her manor. While the family business was primarily controlled now by relatives she did have her own tasks she needed to take care of, stuff her bubbly personal was quite detrimental to.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Courtyard
"It is wonderful to meet you, and I am glad I will be staying here," he exclaimed in a modest voice. Although he tried to keep it hidden, Damian's left hand was shaking and its fingers kept moving. Anxiety? Stress? Magic? "Very well, uncle, can you show me my room? It has been a long way and I am very tired," he stated, turning to Azazel with the same, polite smirk. "Also, if any of you require potions, for medical, or magical purposes, let me know. I study alchemy," he looked at Lucina and Reina. "Please, spread the word if anyone needs such items," he requested, with an utterly humble bow of his head...

It was all just a play.
A little facade to integrate with all of them. Although he seemed very kind, all that he was looking out for were weaknesses. Any weaknesses in anyone and anything. Structural integrity in the fortress. Flaws to exploit in the personalities of the people around him. He was calculating everything with his eyes and taking it in, but then again. Who would know that with that smile of his?

Azazel Rofocale
Fort Black - Courtyard
"Of course, Damian, come with me and we will talk about the details," he led the man up the stairs to the living quarters of the eastern wing so the two could speak in four eyes. "What's the reason you were sent here, Damian?" he asked, as he walked up.

"Oh? Politics. You sure made a mess down there, sir. Dad fell in love with mom, then had to leave because of the Emperor. You should be on the lookout, sir... it seems they both have a plan coming for you," he spoke. It was a half-truth. The only reason behind Damian's existence was to destroy the Guild and then finish off Azazel so that the hellish armies could finish what they started long ago. He was aware of this goal and proud of it.

"Don't worry, I am prepared for anything. But I wanted to talk about you. Why can't your mother take care of you?" Azazel asked, trying to find out the reason behind Damian's presence at Fort Black.
Fortunately, the boy came prepared for such questions. "I did mention politics. The Lasombra family is in quite the stir. Either way, mother doesn't have time to take care of me, and you're the only available relative that isn't dead, or..." "Enough," Azazel demanded. "You seem to have had it hard, so why scratch old wounds? And my last question. Can you be of any help to the Guild? I will be glad to have you here, but the others might not share that view unless you offer a little something from yourself. You've mentioned alchemy, yes?"

"Correct. I am a self-taught alchemist and mage. I was thinking about joining the Guild's ranks if you'd let me."
"Of course, naturally, once you've set down, I'll ask someone to give you a good run of the grounds. Sound good?" he looked at Damian, handing him the key to his room, as the two had already arrived at the door.

"Yes, thank you," he took the keys and walked inside...

Azazel returned to his office, meanwhile...

Damian Vi Lasombra
Fort Black - Damian's Room
He groaned. "What a drag," he said, as he threw his bag toward the bed and performed a few stretches. "Can't even have some basic privacy. He just keeps asking these questions. Well, whatever. Let's settle down," he sat on his bed and took out his alchemical set, taking out its components and putting them nice and orderly on the desk beside his bed. He did the same with the ingredients, and in a minute, he had a nice, small laboratory to work with. He took out a piece of bread from his bag and bit into it, being hungry.

'I suppose I'll lie down and rest,' he thought as he closed his eyes and put the bag down beside his bed, lying down on it.

Iclyn Hajnal Holmström

Iclyn stopped and looked at the pink haired girl. She's definitely much stronger than she is in combat. "Hello, I'm Iclyn. I am doing well." The smile Rose had was... off putting, and she seemed a bit awkward trying to come off as a kind person. It was a good effort nonetheless. "And how are you today?"
In the background, she could hear the opening of the gates and the sound of a new arrival who soon left.

Noble Scion Noble Scion

Last edited:
Iclyn Hajnal Holmström

Iclyn stopped and looked at the pink haired girl. She's definitely much stronger than she is in combat. "Hello, I'm Iclyn. I am doing well." The smile Rose had was... off putting, and she seemed a bit awkward trying to come off as a kind person. It was a good effort nonetheless. "And how are you today?"
In the background, she could hear the opening of the gates and the sound of a new arrival who soon left.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
(My Character didn't address yours. You're talking to Noble Scion Noble Scion ............unless you're actually trying to interact)

Lucina believed that Azazel hid some information from them. He stumbled a bit and had to search for the word nephew, which was suspicious in itself. He knew absolutely nothing about his own nephew. Then came this frail soul who looked like she could blow him over the horizon with her Wind. She didn't believe that Damian was his nephew, but didn't question it. For all she knew, her hunch was completely wrong.

Even if she was correct, He had to have his reasons though, so she didn't question it. The last thing she wanted to do was upset him for what could very well be a minor thing anyways.

She turned back to Ren. "He's quite a character. Will you be getting any potions from him?"
Hanarei Hanarei

Rose Von Kleine
Iclyn Hajnal Holmström

Noble Scion Noble Scion

IMG_2798.JPG
Rose dropped the uncomfortable smile, her face returning to its usual neutral expression. "I am well, I spent my day relaxing under that tree with Hecatiel here. What's all the.. fuss about? People seem like they are more chatty than usual." She asked, struggling to find the correct word briefly before picking it out. "Are we fighting? I'm up for a good battle, Hecatiel hasn't tasted blood in a while either.." she sighed, her slightly more bloodthirsty smile creeping up. Before noticing a rather grumpy member entering the courtyard with Azazel, who she hadn't exactly spoken much to either. "Oh, new recruit." Rose grumbled before heading back under the shade of her tree and beckoning Iclyn over. "Too warm here.. Nothing like home. I am Rose." She said to the blue-haired woman before flopping back into her original position, the large axe thumping into the grass and leaving a slight imprint on it.

Minevra Blackwall
Fort Black

The woman groaned, pulling herself up from bed. Rubbing her eyes, she peaked out the window to try and determine what time it was, but she was to tired to really tell. Not to mention her head hurt, and she felt groggier than usual. Ah, of course. She looked over on the nightstand and there was a bottle of whiskey she had bought a few days ago. So Minevra was mildly hung over, great. She stood, and streched, before grabbing her shirt and tossing it on. She was no on the quest for food, and quickly left her room. (Open for interaction)

Rose Von Kleine

Rose dropped the uncomfortable smile, her face returning to its usual neutral expression. "I am well, I spent my day relaxing under that tree with Hecatiel here. What's all the.. fuss about? People seem like they are more chatty than usual." She asked, struggling to find the correct word briefly before picking it out. "Are we fighting? I'm up for a good battle, Hecatiel hasn't tasted blood in a while either.." she sighed, her slightly more bloodthirsty smile creeping up. Before noticing a rather grumpy member entering the courtyard with Azazel, who she hadn't exactly spoken much to either. "Oh, new recruit." Rose grumbled before heading back under the shade of her tree and beckoning Iclyn over. "Too warm here.. Nothing like home. I am Rose." She said to the blue-haired woman before flopping back into her original position, the large axe thumping into the grass and leaving a slight imprint on it.
Iclyn Hajnal Holmström

Iclyn followed her towards the cool shade. In blue, a simple rune glowed behind her and faded away. As she sat down next to Rose, cool air gushed forth from her, making the shade feel even more cool than it was before. Iclyn had tempered the rune to be a notch below what she'd usually have during the summertime. "Haha, I'm not made for fights." She leaned back against the tree. "This better?" she asked about the temperature.

Reina Stehlengar

Reina watched as the two ventured away, waving her hand at their departure. The girl blinked as she heard Lucina's voice looking towards her. She tapped her index finger to her chin as if in thought. While she had obviously heard his offer she hadn't really thought much about it. Perhaps it was her kind of drifting off in thought staring at him. She liked looking at Damien, though she was quite far from really recognizing it as physical attraction out of her sheer oblivious nature.

"I mean he does seem pretty... oh! Potions... hmm... I mean... maybe... I never really tried potions before much. Ooo... I guess I did one time to recover from some injuries... I guess they could be useful." She spoke as if suddenly coming to the realization about something most would find as basic knowledge given how helpful they could be to an adventurer in various ways. She smiled at her giving a light nod in response. "I think maybe I'll try it at some point. As Ironhead always says 'you gotta be prepared'." She spoke with a playful mocking tone in what was probably the worst butchering of someone's words likely ever told.

"What about you are you going to? Ooo he has a pretty face too! I was almost certain being big boss man's nephew he would have like all iron face or something... or maybe like half an iron face..." She spoke seeming to drift off into her own mind a little in thought imagining those images she had pictured earlier in her mind rambling on more then anything at that point.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Rose Von Kleine - Courtyard
IMG_2798.JPG
"Yeah, much better." Rose yawned, her brown eyes closing as she brethed in the now-cold air. "That's magic, right? Rose ain't good at magic, never had the talent." She said aloud "Where I'm from, we didn't need it though, strength is everything up there, well, was, before I destroyed the place. Speaking of, I wonder how my second village is doing.." she pondered, looking up at the soft blue sky and allowing her mind to drift from the topic. "Nobody's made for fights, not even me, you just train until you are! But.. You do look a little weak, like everyone else here." Rose grinned jokingly. She knew she was the strongest by far, but everyone seemed to have some sort of ability bar her, so she simply assumed her strength would be good enough. "But I'm sure you know your way around a fight, after all, you signed up to this place just like me."

Iclyn Hajnal Holmström

Iclyn followed her towards the cool shade. In blue, a simple rune glowed behind her and faded away. As she sat down next to Rose, cool air gushed forth from her, making the shade feel even more cool than it was before. Iclyn had tempered the rune to be a notch below what she'd usually have during the summertime. "Haha, I'm not made for fights." She leaned back against the tree. "This better?" she asked about the temperature.

Last edited:
Iclyn Hajnal Holmström

Iclyn smiled at the assurance that her joke made. "I guess in that way, magic is how I trained for a fight, although the magic I learned is different compared to normal magic." Even if she didn't train her magic to fight, she was content to use her fights to train her magic at the guild. "Well, if you're wandering far from home, might as well learn how to hold a weapon or two."

Noble Scion Noble Scion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back