• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Galaxy of Darkness

I love Mummy personally, the concept amuses me... and I like having a cult at my disposal. Just an amusing spanning saga of life, death and resurrection.

I love the concept- but the mechanics white wolf made for it are...

Iffy.

That- and as a splat, it doesn't play so well with other splats balance wise, either- as you start at your peak of strength, and everyone else starts at their weakest..

*amused* So how much knowledge will each character have of the others' supernaturalness, initially? Or are we jumping to a point where we're comfortable with all the strangeness and then we give flashbacks for backstory or references to noodle incidents?

More or less the latter. Supernaturals are still generally less common than mortals, so there's plenty of rumour and misinformation. But supernaturals cope with long-haul spaceflight better than mundane humans, usually.

So I recall, but slower, and old age is the only permanent death they suffer.

But there's a Conspiracy-tier Krewe Merit that grants true immortality.

Is that something I can get? I kind of like the idea of a Flying Dutchman navigator. His geist driving him to forever travel and guide others.

I'll get you one, I'm working through Geist and trying to get a better taste of the background before I can form the idea better.

I would like to join this rp if you would not mind. If you allow so i will get to creating the charactor for this rp as quick as possible.

Truth said:
I would like to join this rp if you would not mind. If you allow so i will get to creating the charactor for this rp as quick as possible.
Do you have or need the necessary books?

I did not know there were books. Could you direct my way towards the names of these books?

This reminds me, actually.

What Edition of nWoD are we using? I only have the original Requiem book, not the Blood and Smoke stuff.

Liiive. *attempts revival with character sheet*

• Current (New) Ident: Eleanor Ridley; Nory

Fae Name: Calypso Cassatt; Cassie

True Name: Ione Kay Attaway

Concept: supernatural psychologist, compassionate and composed

Aspirations:

Enhance my new identity with resources

Banish my nightmares without resorting to an all-nighter

Accept something without pledge or promise of something in return

Write a thesis on psychological treatment for different supernaturals (long-term)

Appearance (Mask):

She's a stocky thing with deep brown skin and curly black hair. Her voice is what distinguishes her as female. It's difficult to pin down her age from a glance (unless one believes her current ident: 29). Her usual mood is cheerful. She's learned that ones external expressions can become their internalized feelings, so when someone perfunctorily asks how she's doing, she can smile and genuinely say she's good.

History:

After several years on the Other Side, she felt indebted to the motley that got her through the Hedge. Though some have since drifted to different courts and different sectors, they've done their best to keep in touch. She herself joined the Scythe Compact, warding people away from the more dangerous parts of space by spreading rumors and signal buoys. Was relatively successful until out on the edge, where you can only speak of the things you've seen so many times before someone sets down their glass and looks back with eyes that have seen more.

After that, she took up training through a court-sponsored psychology programme. She stayed in one place for a few years of experience before bidding for a spot on a research-oriented vessel.

She hasn't sought out her Fetch. Not enough to go on in her memories, raised on various freighters and outposts. She can't trust she's remembered people's features correctly anyway. She forged herself a new True Name to go with her new lease on life.

Personality:

She's found a strange peace out in the Black. Faced with the Void, she gives mystifying advice concerning some phenomena, yet exhibits scientific curiosity and wonder for others. She's able to say, "I don't know," with joy and interest in something new ahead.

She does her best to consider the mental well-being of the people she works with before sating her own curiosity. This show of compassion is partly because it's harder for her to judge whether she herself is ready to face the strangeness of the truth. Regarding physical needs such as food and water, she can be quite forgetful.

Possessions:

worn clothes in textured greys and russet brown

makeup kit

Scythe Compact emblem? silver ear cuff

components for signal buoys

an electronic tablet with <Cortex> access

a physical copy of an illustrated anatomy book for children, with drawings of her identities tucked inside

Symbolism:

Theme Song: Second Chance, Shinedown

[media]

[/media]​

It'd be appreciated. Last couple of times I tried to run this I got the forum all set up, a couple of characters posted, and then nothing.

I have a werewolf in the works. It's just taken me forever to digest things fully and decide on an archetype I liked. Are folks okay with a gonzo journalism type for a Captain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back