• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Galaxy of Darkness

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
"In ascending to the stars, we traded a world of darkness for an entire galaxy. Only the light of the Watchtowers can lead us safely through the dismal void we have come to inhabit - and remember that between the stars, we are always close to the Abyss."
Guardian Ollanius Visser, Consilium Commencement, 10AE

The precise date of mankind's exodus is lost, and few consider it relevant now. No, what really gets people talking is why. It is the year 1021 Consilium Calendar, roughly one thousand five hundred years since..., well.

They say that once humanity found the tools to colonize new worlds, the Forsaken wanted us gone...

They say that the space race was the Mekhet's long game, to escape the sun...

They say the Mages felt the pull of the Watchtowers, out in the Void...

Well, whatever the reason, we got into space and then we went to war. Bringing a little human nature to the stars. Making it feel like home, perhaps. The end result is that werewolves rule Earth, and mankind has to share system real estate with vampires. The mages, for their part, decided keeping the peace was one of the best uses of their abilities, and the Consilium set about advising - and manipulating - the various factions.

But space isn't safe, regardless of how quiet it may seem. The only way between distant stars is effected by the Dolmens, huge circular stone artifacts locked still in space. Made of some unknown material; carved with symbols that make your eyes itch and faces that trouble your heart, they open the path to The Dismal Void; the space below space where travel is faster but terrible things may find you. Screw up your use of the gates, and you might find yourself in The Hedge, a hellish, nonsensical realm where it is claimed some hideous alien presence lurks. A malevolent intelligence that doesn't just wait for you, but snatches people from their ships without warning. Sometimes it even lets them go.

So that's where we are now; spread out across space with wolves camping in our old home, rubbing elbows with the undead and jaunting through hell to go faster than light.

-----------------------------------------------

MOAR SETTING HERE: http://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-infinite-macabre.47543/

A space opera/horror hybrid combining all current World of Darkness lines, to various degrees. Players will crew a small spacecraft (tentatively, referentially, The Burning Moth), exploring the galaxy and doing jobs as their loyalties and needs dictate. I would like six players, no less and few more.

Prior knowledge of the World of Darkness is an asset but not a requirement, as long as you're willing to learn.

I am horribly interested... is this new world of darkness, old, twenty anniversary?

Grinning so hard over here.

Hard to decide on a character though. Is there a particular region of space to explore or types of jobs to expect?

vinom said:
I am horribly interested... is this new world of darkness, old, twenty anniversary?
New, with some... modifications.

Cirno said:
Grinning so hard over here.
Hard to decide on a character though. Is there a particular region of space to explore or types of jobs to expect?
Well, a crew should ideally include:

Captain

Navigator

Pilot

Engineer

Medical Doctor

Psychologist

Security Officer

Consilium/Corporate/Imperial/Terran Representative.

There is room for overlap and pulling of double duty (pilot/nav is a common combo, depending on the size of the ship), and the nature of the crew will impact the location visited or jobs done. F'r example, the ship might be a Consilium-owned vessel, with a Mage as captain, doing... well, whatever the powers-that-be require.

How do the supernatural groups regard each other in the age of space travel?

Main role uncertain. Unofficial psychologist with a smidge external security advisor and a smattering of scientist? Darkling changeling with several years in the Hedge and a couple in the Scythe Compact. Mirrorskin, if the mechanics support it. Tried to ward people away from the more dangerous parts of space by spreading rumors and signal buoys. Was relatively successful until out on the edge, where you can only speak of the things you've seen so many times before someone sets down their glass and looks back with eyes that have seen more. Has found a strange peace out in the Black. Also has a scientific interest the mysteries of the Void, but considers the mental well-being of the people she works with first. This has led to a variety of contacts despite slow advancement within the Scythe Compact. Can be forgetful about basics like food, water, and money, until they run out.

Cirno said:
How do the supernatural groups regard each other in the age of space travel?
Varies, but mostly mistrust and suspicion.

I like the concept.

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]Is Genius: the Transgression a part of your nWoD headcanon?

[/QUOTE]
Much as I appreciate it, no [or at least when I'm running vanilla nWoD I tend to avoid any actual crossovers].

There is an argument to be made for Outsider or Leviathan.

Hm. The only real splat I have books for is vampire, and the only concepts that come up would be bad for cohesion. What are the two you named? Or are those things from GtT I've forgotten? Crow is delicious, lately.

Outsider or Leviathan both seem like interesting concepts for the setting (with some retooling), though I'd imagine more so as NPC, than PCs.

Anyway, a Free Council techné hanzer or Mysterium xeno-archaeologist are two concepts in mind.

I guess I've been convinced to play Mysterious Ninja Bodyguard to a Consilium agent among the crew. Possibly acting as redshirt, possibly security officer.

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]I guess I've been convinced to play Mysterious Ninja Bodyguard to a Consilium agent among the crew. Possibly acting as redshirt, possibly security officer.

[/QUOTE]
Why not both and lead to the Worf Effect for the Monster of the Week? :P

Then I can rebuild you... using parts from the Monster of the Week after we've killed it.

And/Or make a tasty stew...

So, what are the requirements to get The Burning Moth out of space-dock?

Lemme start seeing some character concepts, affiliations between fellow crew and NPCs, and any special requests for things you'd really like to see.

Hmm, I'm thinking a slightly addled Free Council Mage out to reshape human existence... if she could just figure out how.

So far, some suggestions for concepts include:

Free Council techné hanzer or Mysterium xeno-archaeologist.

An addled Free Council Mage with big ideas... sort of.

Mysterious Ninja Bodyguard/Security Officer.

Darkling Changeling/Resident Psychologist.

Treasure/Bounty Hunting or infiltration/extraction of goods or individuals seem like "business opportunities".

Magi provide an odd couple wanting to uncover mysterious knowledge for (Knowledge's Sake/Social Change).

Pay-checks or a thesis could be other motivations.

The presence of two Magi strongly implies this is a Consilium interest (which I have plots for).

Well, yes, when there are perfectly good asteroid belts that could be used instead. Also, a hell of a lot easier and safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back