• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

A Galaxy of Darkness

There are arguments for Apocalypse-inspired 'new' Tribes, or Lodges.

Iron Master Astrogator is pretty legit, as would be, say, Hunter In Darkness.

Do you have links to these arguments?

Hmm...tempted to make a Forsaken captain. Can't decide between Gibbous, Full, or Half, though.

EDIT: Leaning toward Gibbous, though. After all...what better saga to sing than one wholly new? Tradition has its adherents, but to tell new songs, to weave the weft of new wyrd?

I have a bit of write up for an Apostate Moros xeno-archaeologist to Captain the crew on misadventure, however, if you have a clear idea for yourself, they could take up the engineer role.

Cahalith appeals to everyone.

Apparently. I've seen so many of them. Go for it, Thief.

Within such a setting, where there is potentially a common blurring of science and magic, at least for the primary splats, where do skills like Science and Academics (Medicine for the good Doctor) lay? Does one use Science or Occult to repair an engine powered by energetic Tass or alter the ley line of a capital ship?

Science for the engines, unless you've modified them, Occult for the lines of the capital ship. Assume standard tech unless your Mage or an NPC has specifically tinkered with it.

Also you get what is functionally a lightsaber - I don't know if you've read Infinite Macabre, but all Mages get a melee weapon empowered by their Path. I think the Moros one does agg.

Grey said:
Assume standard tech unless your Mage or an NPC has specifically tinkered with it.
So Science until we apply our Occult magics to make plot go? Sounds like the rolls given as examples in the books still hold then?

So it appears they do... Crafting one seems like a nice Ambition to start with (assuming they are present in this game).

I'll need to remember that this forum's threads don't flag being updated...I'll read through the thread during class and see what we've got. Then try to fumble through the mage book and see if I can cobble one together. Might ask for help on the mechanics of it. Friends who played mage always made it seem like going through hell's bureaucracy from how they described it.

I can be of assistance in this regard, though I will mention I've already put forward a mage character.

Yes and yes. I think we'd benefit from an engineer, pilot, nav, or captain - depending on how the rest of the crew feels.

Bardiel sent me a concept that'd make a solid captain, but also a reasonable Consilium Rep or even the crew's employer.

So its a Mage vessel? I'm guessing other types aren't going to fair too well on the ship?

Any crew mix is valid; it's not exclusively Mages because you never know when a Vamp might be useful, and you might not want to share your research.

Some sort of ex-Carthian Republic Navy type could be amusing. A Daeva that decided to go out and see the stars. Could be Pilot/Engineer or something else.

So far we have:

Daeva Medical Doctor, Ordo Dracul

A probably Free Council Mage, maybe captain

A Promethean bodyguard/security officer

A Changeling, Darkling Psychologist

We have a further three players who have considered Mages.

We need

Pilot

Captain

Engineer

Navigator

to be confirmed.

I would like

A Sin-Eater

A Werewolf

Thief is considering Werewolf astrogator, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back