• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy a few plots || advanced || open

boo.

keep precious things
hello! i've got some plots that i'm itching to try out. they can be found here.

a few words: i write advanced, but that doesn't mean 7+ paragraphs or whatever. it just means thought-out, meaty replies that actually forward the plot and give my partner something to work with. as long as a response is something i can write off of, then i don't care how long it is.

i only have time for one or two rp's right now. so, go ahead and take a look at my plots, and pm me about which one you'd like to do. i would like a writing sample so that i can get an idea of our compatibility, and i want something more than "hi, i wanna rp this plot!!!"

give me a sales pitch. tell me why you're qualified. i'll have to turn some people down, just because i only have so much time. it's not even spare time.

pairings will be strictly mxf if there's romance involved. that's just what i write most comfortably.

happy writing!

(here's a sample of my typical starter post)
There was something about the traditions of the Copper Raven Guild that elevated it above just a menial club. It was older, more distinguished than a simple explorer's get-together. Having offered countless discoveries in the name of science and knowledge, it was officially recognized by all five nations. In fact, in the case of a successful Venture, all participants of said Venture would have a private audience with the monarch hosting the Gathering that year.

This year's Venture seemed rather simple on paper: find and study the Legendary Trudine. What the party would find, however, was that such a task was not so easily undertaken.

~~~

It was the smell of new letters. Kaskae closed her eyes of ink to inhale the scent of the paper she held. Beneath her thumb, she could feel the golden scrolls that decorated the edges, along with the outline of the raven that sat at the top. She was walking away from that small, dark room where her life’s dream had become a reality, walking into the new adventure that was just hours away. It still felt lucid and incorporeal, as if it was simply an illusion and nothing more.

Feeling the tip of her boot knock against something, Kaskae opened her eyes and found herself almost plastered against a large wooden door. She had been given instructions to come here and meet with the other winners, where they would hopefully be given more information and perhaps a little guidance. She did, of course, know that their destination would ultimately be Jaspen Island. In a way, she was almost homesick. It had taken her some time to travel the whole way down to Orilon from Nornesse, and now she would be traveling even further away. But it was all in the name of discovery, right?

Folding the paper and tucking it into her belt, the stonemason placed a hand on the silver-colored door handle, shivering at the cold metal before pushing it open. Her lips opened in wonder as the door swung open, revealing the intricate interior that was the inner chambers of the board of Official Adventurers. The symbol of the Copper Ravens was plastered everywhere, from the gold-tinted swirls on the walls to the backs of the chairs that surrounded the circular table in the center. Kaskae felt somewhat out of place, and her hand crept up to her cloak collar, where she rubbed the now-tarnished but still copper-colored raven pin that was stuck there.

It seemed she was the first. Surprising, since she always seemed to be late, but a reassurance. Kaskae supposed she ought to simply wait, seeing as one of the Official Adventurers would be coming to “debrief” them, as it were. So, she walked further into the room, the sound of her footsteps somewhat magnified by the smooth marble floors. Taking the pack that was hanging from her shoulder, Kaskae set it on a chair and walked to a set of rather large windows, which sprawled from the ceiling down to the floor.The panes of glass were meticulously polished and allowed Kaskae an unhindered view of Orilon below her.

To be fair, the glistening hall of the Copper Ravens was a bit out of place from the delicate wooden and often rustic buildings of Orilon, but it and the Great Library were often seen as the glimmering jewels in a simple crown. Kaskae had been here only twice before, not finding it possible to separate from her work until she was sure she had set up a permanent position as a stonemason.

Today, besides being a gathering of adventurers across Tecc, was also the first day of autumn, and so the Feast of Color. Kaskae could see bright banners spanning from rooftop to rooftop, along with lanterns that bobbed in the tree branches, casting a warm yellow light as dusk began to slowly settle. Tonight would be a time of feastin; Kaskae had decided that she would walk about the city after this meeting and view the art that would be put out. She had also heard news of a bonfire in the center of the city, which she hoped would be like something back home.

Kaskae put a hand against the window, her forehead brushing against the glass as she took in the multitude of colors below. Her heart was still fluttering, and her breath had refused to stop coming in short. She was beyond excited - the butterflies in her stomach had evolved into great eagles. But she wasn’t nervous or frightened; no, she felt she could soar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back