• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Griffin Fitzgerald
~Fitz Groceries~
Robert-Buckley-3-robert-buckley-29392122-322-400.jpg
Griffin hadn't noticed his sister's presence as he continued to pick up the many apples that were still on the floor. Only when she crouched down had he noticed her. Still, he said nothing, struggling to pull himself together and act brave for his youngest sister. Saoirse spoke first and managed make Griff smile, always telling him off, such a bossy little thing. Griff only laughed and continued to pick the apples up off the floor, not making eye contact with his sister. When she suggested that they go out and do something, Griff breathed out heavily through his nose. It had been hell over the last few weeks, Griff knew that life couldn't stop because of what happened to Bridget, but trying to function and live life again was proving to be harder than he thought. "Sounds like a plan sis," Griff said with a warm and deep grumble. He finally met Saoirse's eyes and smiled at her, but when he did so, she folded her arms and looked to the floor. She was troubled now.

Griff's brows furrowed together as his sweet and innocent sister spoke of wanting others to suffer, she had changed over the three weeks and Griffin couldn't understand if it was a good thing yet. The man slowly rose to his feet, towering over his baby sister at 6'2 he wrapped her in a warm embrace. "Now now," He murmured as he stroked her hair gently, "They will get what's coming to them...they will suffer." Griff had been determined to find Bridget's killer. That night had been one of terror for everyone inside the restaurant, if the killer hadn't already been found, Griffin would find him.

"But we probably shouldn't be talking about such things in front of the customers hmm?" He asked softly planting a kiss on top of her head before releasing her, turning away to unlock the doors. Once they were unlocked he walked back towards his sister, a smirk on his lips, "You also have to quit bossing me around in front of people, they think you own the place." He teased, pointing a finger at her. "So where do you want to go after we close? The usual place, or try something new?"
With: Saoirse Misty Gray Misty Gray

1540591894003.png Evelyn McKenna

Evelyn lifted her head when the door opened, her surprise hidden behind the automatic smile that showed on her face. For some reason she had been expecting a man to answer the door - perhaps, having not heard much of the women in the mob, she just hadn't given all that much thought to the family side of things. "Hello," she replied. "Mrs Porter, I presume? My name's Evelyn McKenna. I actually came here to talk business with your husband - except, I've just been told that he's gone away, is that right? Do you mind if I...?" Before the woman could turn her away, Evelyn stepped through into the hall. The four dogs were tripping over each other with excitement at seeing a new person and Evelyn cautiously bent down to let them investigate her, gently stroking them between the ears to show that she was a friend. The interior of the house was even more magnificent than she could have imagined and when she stood to properly take in her surroundings she was near speechless. "Wow..." she uttered under her breath, turning on her heels to admire the house's beautiful, modern décor. What a different life they must lead!

"I'm sorry to impose on you like this," she said, a look in her eyes more of awe than of apology. "I probably ought to have called ahead. But I've been working with Mr. Porter from a distance for a good while now, and certain recent events have...inspired me to seek direct contact with the man himself." A serious expression crossed her face as she said this. She had known Milton and Alan not just on a professional level but also one more familiar, after the weekly social gatherings that certain members of the workforce took part in. She had been saddened to hear of their passing, but knew that she had to find a way to keep up business with the Porters. They paid good money to have illegal goods stored in the warehouse, and she feared that losing their contract now would bring attention to a considerable drop in the company's economy that she really didn't want to have to explain. Trying to maintain a professional appearance, she looked to the woman who had greeted her and said with another smile, "Sorry, I didn't catch you name?"

neverbackdown neverbackdown Alex

1540596416026.png Dale McKenna

Dale was relieved to hear that Peter had people on the outside waiting for him. He never liked seeing men act weak, and was only glad that his fellow inmate was taking the initiative to become a stronger person - hopefully not just physically.

"Well," he said, gesturing towards the polished metal mirror on the wall. "Take a look at yourself, Callahan - go on. Is that what you want your beautiful wife and three kids to see? I'd hope not." He stood up to retrieve the dumbbells that Peter had dropped to the floor. "Wanna know why you're not tough? It's not to do with these -" he lightly knocked one of the weights against Peter's biceps. "- It's 'cause being in here is getting to you, and you're letting it wear you down. If your kids could see you right now, you'd learn how to handle it a lot faster. I'm a dad myself, you know. When I got put in here, she had no parents left to look after her, so I put her with my most trusted men. See, these men pretty much ran Dublin back in the day, and so I knew they'd raise her to be tough and independent. You're right - being dependent is worth nothing when you're separated from the ones you depend on. I didn't want that for her. And you don't want that either." Dale's eyes rested on Peter for a while longer, to ensure that the man was paying heed to his words. After decades of practised stoicism, Dale's eyes displayed no emotion when he thought of his wife and daughter. But not a single day went by that he didn't think of them both - despite having long accepted his loss, his wife's violent death always brought back a dull ache in his chest.

After setting the weights back down on the rack, he took a pair the next size up and held them up to the man. "30lbs? Come on, your wife can do better than that. Take these and do another 15, this time just a basic curl. Remember what I said about keeping it controlled - bring 'em down as slowly as you bring 'em up." Passing the weights to Peter, he clapped an encouraging hand on his back and moved away to continue his own routine.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Peter

Finn Sullivan
44fc25b8e7bcbd5c70c7416a90885c7a--man-photoshoot-liam-hemsworth-hot.jpg
George reminded Finn that his parole wasn't approved as of yet and the man had to rein his excitement in. He was looking forward to all the things he and George would be able to do but what if he didn't get out? Finn vowed silently that he would come and visit George if he wasn't able to get out. He chuckled as George joked about the free food and drinks, Finn would never say no to something like that and he was glad that George was the same way. He really hoped that George would stick to his word once he was on the outside. Finn never thought of people as generally bad when first meeting them, they had to prove that they were bad through actions for him to judge them as such. His encounters with George had only been good one's and despite where he was in terms of living and all, Finn believe that George was a good man. There was no reason not to trust him.

Finn was caught up in his own thoughts when George spoke up. Finn looked up and tilted his head curiously letting George ask his question. Looking George up and down, he couldn't help but notice the awkward air to him as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. Finn stared at his chest a moment, taking notice of George's build for the first time. He was toned, not to heavily built and it looked great--Finn bit his lip and shook his head slowly as he returned his attention to George's eyes, which were like glistening water droplets...Are you ga..." What? Finn focused in and smiled slightly at George, who had paused. Curiously, Finn wondered what the man was about to ask, his mind running through the possibilities but finding that there were only a few and they didn't make any sense. "Oh...Eleanor." He mumbled as George's question was directed toward's Finns soon to be ex. Slowly, he nodded his head, agreeing with the man across the table. "I was actually planning on talking to her after our visit..I've put off things for too long. Its not fair to her or myself." What was he going to ask before?
with: George Misty Gray Misty Gray

Rudy Meyers
Rudy Meyers.jpg"Well let's see," Rudy began flipping through the papers on his clipboard, "uhm, so mostly your problems with your insulation are water damage, so the first thing we wanna do is take a look at the elbow where the main valve comes up onto the second floor." He flipped through his papers a bit more. "Should be in the room straight and to the right," he supplied, which would put them in the room with a wall adjacent to the main office that he knew had pipes inside of it, although the main valve was in another room.

He turned back towards the IWU guard, pretending not to notice the submachine guns as whatever company they were posing as likely did lots of work for the IWU, and motioned forward. "Lead on, my good man."

Enzyme Enzyme

James Porter

jame-png.494690
When Lucy said she missed her father and the tears rolled down her face, James lifted his hand so he could gently wipe her tears with the backs of his fingers. He then softly stroked her cheek and pushed some of her loose hair behind her ear, as the breeze had blown the blonde locks in front. "I know you do, love," he quietly told her. As far as James was concerned, that was one of his first failures as a bodyguard for the family. Angel had known what he was doing by shooting James and stopping him from being quick to fire back, but he still wondered if he could have done more. Could he have been more cautious that evening? He knew Lucy had her own feelings of responsibility for Emmet's death too. Although neither blamed each other, they could never remove the feelings of guilt from one another either.

A soft smile grew on James' face when she said he was doing a good job at protecting the Sullivan sisters. "It means a lot to hear you say that, Luce," he admitted. "Believe it or not, I reckon Sinead protests far less these days. Still calls me an old man, mind you. Even Emery is at it now!" he remarked, trying to lighten the mood a little.

James stood back and watched as Lucy walked forward towards the water, then dipped her feet into it. "I honestly don't know what else you were expecting from that," he remarked as he chuckled at his wife's reaction to the cold. She then stepped back towards him and he pulled her in close, closing his eyes for a moment as she said he was warm. "You're going to have to start paying for sharing my heat," he informed her.

James' eyes shot open as he heard Sinead's scream from a short distance away. His body tensed up and his head snapped around to the direction of the pier. He was all set to rush over there until he heard the redhead's familiar laughter. He visibly relaxed as he spotted Sinead and Syd in the water, apparently there by choice and in no immediate danger. "I reiterate my earlier point about not going into that water to save them. I hope your sister can swim," he lightly noted. Despite his smile, he still couldn't help his natural cautiousness. "They're going to regret that when they get out with nothing to warm them up... and only you're allowed to steal my heat," he assured her. "Should we head back and tell the two children that playtime is over? We have a dinner reservation to get ready for and the hotel bar is calling my name."

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

~ Officer Lark ~

1540645885689.png

Officer Robert "Bobby" Lark stood leaning against the police car as he waited for Detective Kennedy to join him and head off on their investigation. The man had been in his role for four years, having spent his years up until his mid-twenties training in the army. He felt his heart was committed to serving his birthplace of Dublin, rather than fighting in the real wars. Still finding his true speciality, Bobby was often called upon a backup for his superiors on a whole range of crimes and that suited him fine. His height of 6'1" and toned physique gave him a physical advantage and it was one of the reasons he was often brought along. The human trafficking case he was on was one he found interesting and hoped they could make their mark on as he felt genuine concern for the victims of such exploitation. It was certainly more interesting than some of the cases he'd attended to in the past. Hopefully this job would be more interesting than the bank robbery many of his colleagues had just been dispatched to.

When Kennedy approached, Bobby got into the driver's seat and started up the engine, before pulling away and driving off into the inner city. The Detective was quiet and Bobby had enough patience to deal with the silence. He was able to easily endure the quiet drive, but eventually his desire to do the job right compelled him to speak up. "Remind me again of what we'll be doing and the place we'll be attending to."

mpower mpower (Kennedy)​

Last edited:
Saoirse Fitzgerald

1540649448466.pngSaoirse was glad when Griffin agreed to go out that evening. She was apprehensive about it and wasn't sure how she would take to being somewhere so public; as busy as the restaurant had been that evening. As much as she wanted to stay hidden away, she knew it wasn't good to avoid the world and the only way they could heal would be to step outside. The longer she shut herself from the world, the more she would grow to fear and hate it. Besides which, the men responsible for Bridget's death were out there somewhere and she wasn't going to let anyone think she was scared of them - not anymore. When she was a child, she was afraid of her parents and teachers. They were "allowed" to hit her and yell at her but it didn't make it right in her mind. It happened for years, until Griffin took her and Bridget away from their strict upbringing. Later, she met and fell in love with Dylan. It wasn't until after their engagement that he too thought it was okay to hit her. He only did it once, resulting in Saoirse hitting him back and leaving him without a second thought. She wasn't about to marry someone and let them think they were allowed to hurt her too. Since then, Saoirse refused to let people push her around, including gangs and gunmen. Still, the fiery temperament she'd developed meant her mouth could get her into trouble, where Griffin had on occasion had to step in to a situation to diffuse it.

Saoirse felt calmer as Griffin stroked her hair and hugged her. She quickly nodded her head when he assured her that Bridget's killer would get what they deserved. "I hope so, Griff. This is breaking my heart..." she sadly told him.

She let out a deep sigh and nodded in agreement when her brother told her not to speak in such a way on the shop floor. "I know, I know. Happy faces for the customers," she pointed out. She straightened up a couple of price labels whilst Griffin opened the entrance to the grocery store. She then let out a laugh as he told her not to boss him around in public. "Well, alright. I'll try to maintain the illusion that you're in control. Though you and I both know I'm the one calling the shots here," she teased. "How about the usual place? Or we could have dinner at the Sky Haven and then go to that jazz place next door? I think we shouldn't stray too far from home, not just yet. Baby steps, right?" she suggested. Both of the businesses she'd mentioned were in Porter territory, whilst the restaurant Bridget had been shot in was on the outskirts. Saoirse figured they should be safe directly in the heart of where the mob ruled. That's why those businesses gave Porter a cut, after all.

Bellz Bellz (Griffin)

George Sanderson

1540313784606-png.495736
George could see that he'd done a terrible job at masking his original question. Finn appeared curious or even confused by the fact George had stopped himself and changed what he was going to ask. In retrospect, he couldn't believe himself for thinking it was appropriate to ask a man outright if he was gay, especially not without any context behind such a personal question. He was going to be kicking himself all night for such bad etiquette. Thankfully, Finn did choose to answer the question about Eleanor and perhaps buy George some time to make up for making Finn seem uncomfortable. "It's not good to put off doing that kind of thing, but you and Eleanor both have lives to lead and you can't do that if you're both still living in denial," he reassured him. "It'll be hard at first, but you'll both grow from it and move on, I'm sure of that."

There he was, telling Finn the importance of being honest, whilst he was sat back keeping secrets himself. It wasn't that his sexuality was a thing that should matter, but if they were to be friends on the outside, George wanted to be completely honest. He knew most people were not comfortable with homosexuality, so he'd rather spare Finn from it now and not let their friendship grow on the outside only to cause more damage when the truth came out later. "On the subject of honesty, I feel you're a man I can trust and someone I want to be open with. There's something I have to keep secret, especially from most men in here, and from my parents, but I want you to know the truth about it... Before I was arrested, I was set to marry a woman named Emily. She was a nice girl and my parents adored her, but there was always something missing. I couldn't return the affection and enthusiasm that Emily showed me. In a way, me ending up in this prison spared Emily & I being locked into an empty marriage. Back then, I would have gone ahead with the wedding just to please Emily and my family, but I know now there would have been no genuine love there. It's my time in here that has made me realise who I am, not only to grow up and stop being so cocky... I also learned some time ago that the reason I couldn't love Emily was because I just wasn't attracted to women in that way. I'm attracted to men." George coughed to clear his throat, now unable to look to Finn and only able to look down to his hands. "I'm gay and I completely understand if this means we can no longer be friends. I will not judge you for that one bit. I've enjoyed our conversations together, but I do understand if this complicates thing..." he said, now looking up to meet Finn's eyes and gauge the man's thoughts.

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Lucy Porter
470c74d99500fd0f2b94acc140270fa8.jpg
Lucy continued to laugh at herself as she cuddled closer to her husband, "I'm not always the brilliant one." She said with a chuckle. "Paying for heat eh? Someone's gotten cheap." Lucy teased James, "And soft." She added as she once again poked his middle with her index finger. Lucy was alarmed by the scream in the distance as well as she turned her head towards the direction of the pier. James' arms and back had tensed from such a sound as he seemed to expect that her sister was in some sort of danger, Lucy didn't blame him for such a reaction. Biting her lip, Lucy watched as the man visibly relaxed at the sight of Sinead and Syd in the water. Lucy's heart melted at the two bonding in the distance. "From what I remember, she can, so you have nothing to worry about my love." She said with another chuckle. Nodding her head, firmly at his words, she was reminded of how cold the water was and snuggled closer to James. "Well, they have to learn their lesson at some time." She murmured. "I'm glad I get to keep my personal heater all to myself." Smiling from ear to ear, she nodded in agreement that it was time to wrap the fun up so they could head to dinner. "Let's go get the kiddies." She murmured.

Once they were close enough to Syd and Sinead, Lucy called out to them, "Are you looking for a cold?! We have dinner reservations loves, out of the water now." The smile on her face was one of love and admiration for the two humans who dared to swim in the freezing water. Upon a closer look at Sinead, she shook her head, "Your lips are blue Sinny!" James and Lucy stopped walking as they reached the pier. "How are you two managing to even swim in that! It was so cold!" Lucy said, exaggerating that she was cold by hugging James closer to her body. As she stood there watching the two get out of the water, she felt movement in her stomach, causing her to gasp as she placed a hand there. "Could you feel that?!" She asked James excitedly, eyes lighting up as she moved to grab his hand. The sensation continued again and again and Lucy jumped on the balls of her feet excitedly. "The baby's kicking." She murmured a little in disbelief. The woman felt a little light headed with such sensation, never having felt something like it before. 10 years had gone by and she never thought that she would have a moment with her unborn child like this. "Sinny, Syd! Get out! You have to feel this!!" Once again Lucy's eyes watered uncontrollably and she shook her head, knowing James would be concerned, "Don't worry, happy tears I promise."
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray Pyroclast Pyroclast

Last edited:
Griffin Fitzgerald
~Fitz Groceries~
Robert-Buckley-3-robert-buckley-29392122-322-400.jpg
Griffin chuckled as Saoirse told him that she was the one calling the shot, that they both knew it, his sister wasn't wrong. Griff could be in control if he wanted to, but he didn't like to fight with his sister, so it was easier to just let her call the shots most of the time. If she was being too unreasonable, he would then take over. Griffin gave a lot of thought into where they would go out tonight. He wanted to see his sister have a good time, to not talk about how they would get back at the people who shot their sister. "Baby steps for my baby sis." He agreed with her, sending her a brilliant smile. Griffin had been taking far more than baby steps recently, but his sister didn't need to know a thing. He understood his sisters desire to get back at the men who'd shot Bridge, as that burning desire was churning deep inside his chest at the moment. Looking around the store, the shop just wasn't the same without the third Fitzgerald sibling. Both the places that Saoirse mentioned were in the Porter's territory, which meant for the most part, they would be protected.

Griff would never forgive himself for the decision that he had made that night. Despite his sisters wanting to stay in the area that night, he thought it would be a good time to head out to somewhere new, exploring the city a little more. Swallowing hard now, he turned away from his sister as he went behind the one checkout counter. "Staying close by sounds about right to me. Sky Haven and jazz club sounds great!" His voice cracked slightly as he tried to keep a check on his emotions. Biting his lip, he turned back to Saoirse after a long moment. "I'll be paying for your good time to night my dear sister, so there better be a smile on that face all night." He teased just as someone walked in, the bell ringing above the front doors. Turning to the man who had walked in, Griff smiled widely, "Well hello! Welcome! let me know if I can help you with anything!" He told the man, who nodded and smiled back at him, mumbling thank you underneath his breath. Griff let the man shop as he moved to grab another box of fresh produce. "Alright missy, stock stock stock, we got fresh shipments earlier this morning and you have an eye for the stands. Mrs. Avery came down the other day and complimented the placements of the stands, I couldn't take credit for your hard work."

Griff turned back to the checkout counter to grab a pair of box cutters. Opening up the few boxes that sat on the counter, he patted them. "There is more in the back, so I'll go back there and grab them." He flexed his biceps teasingly before heading to grab the boxes. Once he returned, Griff looked a little paler than before, on top of one of the boxes was a half eaten apple, one from days earlier that Bridget had been enjoying in the back.
With: Saoirse Misty Gray Misty Gray

Finn Sullivan
Finn nodded in understanding as George explained that it was not good to put things off between Eleanor and him. It was going to be so hard to end it all and he was sure he would be sucked into the same depression he had been in before, but in the end it would be better, more healthy. Finn tilted his head once again as George spoke about the subject of honesty. Finn smiled softly as George revealed that he could trust Finn, which touched the man's heart more than he could say. He wanted to be trusted by people, he wanted to be there for anyone who needed him. George was someone who needed him and honestly, he needed George. Leaning against the table, Finn watched with interest as George went on to explain.

Finn wasn't sure what he was expecting but he felt sympathy for the man in front of him. As he listened to what he had to say, something inside of Finn clicked. There was a similar feeling that Finn had felt before, like something was missing from the perfect life he had with Eleanor, something he couldn't put his finger on. When George revealed that prison had saved him from the empty marriage he would have had with Emily, Finn froze. Biting his lip, Finn still wasn't sure where the story was headed but listened as he placed his hands below his seat, hanging on to it. When George finished, stating that he was attracted to men, Finn was silent. Not because of the news that George had revealed to him, but because how similar the two men had felt in their relationship with women. Finn shook his head slowly as George explained that he understood if they didn't want to be friends, "Why would that make me not want to be friends?" He asked a little too bluntly, still a bit panicked with the similarities. He cleared his throat as he released the seat beneath him and placed his hands back on the table. "Thank you Georgie, for being honest with me." His smile was wide and as genuine as could be. He put his own panic on the back burner for now. "You being gay makes you all the more interesting and exciting!" He said as he reached out to grab one of George's hands. "Hate to break it to ya, mate. But its gonna be pretty hard to get rid of someone like me."

1540668902316.png Syd Porter

Syd laughed at Sinead's reaction. He enjoyed getting a rise out of her, knowing of course that she wasn't actually angry at him. In a way, he did feel crazy - there had been nothing holding him back, no little voice telling him the drop in temperature would be a horrible shock, nothing to get him to think it through at all. The urge had come from some deep, inner desperation to feel alive again, to wake up from his depression, to once again feel that rush of adrenaline. It was too late to think now, anyway. Thanks to a lack of restraint and caution, he was able to really let go and enjoy himself. The water seemed to just carry his troubles away. It was extremely cold, however, and if he stayed still for more than a few seconds the pricking sensation against his skin would intensify, so he focused on swimming to keep from going numb. Suddenly there came a splash from behind him followed by a loud scream, and when Syd turned back he noticed that his aunt was now in the water with him. He burst into hysterical laughter at the sight of her. "I didn't think you'd actually do it!" he cried, hardly able to breathe. He was laughing too hard to dodge her splash, but playfully splashed her back.

By the time his parents came over Syd was more than ready to get out. There was some urgency in his mother's tone of voice and he could tell something exciting was happening. He spat out a mouthful of lake water and climbed up onto the pier, teeth chattering but smiling all the same. "You okay, mam?" he asked, kneeling down to help Sinead out of the water before making his way over to Lucy and placing an ice cold hand on her back.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Lucy
Misty Gray Misty Gray Sinead, James

George Sanderson

1540313784606-png.495736
When Finn asked why him being gay would affect their friendship, George shrugged his shoulders. He's eyes looked around the others in the room, identifying certain prisoners and the observing officers. His eyes then fell back onto Finn and he let out a deep sigh. "I suppose because the majority of people wouldn't want to be associated with me. Not many men in here know about me, but if they did, I'm sure they wouldn't treat the knowledge respectfully - if they mocked me for it, it would be better than what I've heard has happened to others. From what my brother tells me, those views haven't changed all that much on the outside yet either. Most people are not as accepting as they like to think they are. It's why I can never try to reconcile with my parents. I wouldn't want to hide the truth from them and they would detest me more than they do now."

George dragged himself from the unpleasant thoughts and softly smiled when Finn thanked him for his honesty. Even though he'd only recently met Finn, the man's friendship already meant a lot to him and telling him the truth was a big weight off of his shoulders. As for his attraction to Finn, he decided that was a concern for later. Whilst he was locked up, it wasn't of much relevance. If by some miracle his feelings were reciprocated, what use was it for either of them whilst George was in prison?

"Mate, I'm truly relieved to know this doesn't change anything." He laughed a little. "More interesting and exciting, huh? I guess that remains to be seen..." He blushed again when Finn said it would be difficult to get rid of him. Or maybe he was blushing because the man was touching his hand. "Why on Earth would I even want to get rid of someone like you? It's been a while since an attractive man held my hand too," he said, letting out a small chuckle "You're leading me astray, Dr. Sullivan!" For a moment, his eyes scanned the room to make sure they weren't being watched. He bit his lip before gently removing his hand from Finn's grip. "As much as I don't mind that one bit," he said, glancing down to Finn's hand, "I think you should just be careful. I'd hate for anyone to get the wrong idea about you. I know for sure some of the wardens here would give you a hard time if they assumed... You know," he awkwardly warned him. "I don't want to give you any new complications."

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Peter Callahan
image-44610103-paul-walker-wallpapers.jpeg
Peter was directed towards the metal mirror on the wall and the man turned slowly, staring at his reflection. The man staring back at him was a complete stranger, hollowed from the inside. His eyes were dull lacking any sort of real emotion, his mouth pulled down in an unsettling frown. Peter noticed that he looked thinner than before, the cause most likely from the last three weeks. He felt weaker than he'd ever felt in his entire existence. It wasn't what he wanted Sinead to see. He missed his wife so much, her adorable little quirks, she was the light in his life and without her it felt like he was nothing. Peter's brow turned up curiously as Dale lightly touched the weights against Peter's biceps, making him question why he wasn't tough. He couldn't deny that prison was getting to him, that the intimidating men inside the prison were getting to him.

Peter was interested to hear that Dale was a father himself. He went into his story and Peter was interested in what he had to say. When he spoke of putting his daughter with his most trusted men, Peter froze, something was similar about his story about these men that he could trust. Dale stared at Peter for a long time and he stared right back. The wheels in his head were turning as he tried to pin what was familiar about the man's story. He was about to ask who these men were when Dale took the weights from him. He grabbed the next size up and handed them to Peter. They were a little bit heavier but nothing he couldn't handle. The man nodded his head firmly at Dale's directions and began his reps slowly. 1...2... Peter's reps slowed as he curled the weight back up, his curiosity getting the best of him. "You know...I know a few men who run the city...that's what got me into those fucking fights in the first place. Don't even share the Porter name and yet just being associated is enough to almost get you killed." 3.4.5.6.7. Peter took his reps a little faster as the anger bubbled in his chest. He wanted to knock Darius down a few pegs for what he did to Peter.

"I depend on my brother in law far too much, we even live on the same fucking property. I know my wife is much more comfortable that way but christ," 8...9...10..." Peter had struggled for years since they moved to Dublin with the fact that he wasn't providing for his family. "How am I suppose to be the head of my family, tough and strong if I can't provide for my family..." 11...12...13 Peter ground his teeth as his motivation became clear now. He was going to provide for his family once he got out, he wasn't going to accept anymore hand outs. Sure, the reason he was in this place was because of the work that needed to be done for the Porters but it wasn't going to stop him from continuing that work. 14...15... Peter slowly stopped his reps and held the weights slack against his legs.
with: Dale Pyroclast Pyroclast

James Porter and Sinead Callahan

1540676343584.pngJames grinned when Lucy said the two in the lake would have to learn their lesson. "Still, if they get sick they might pass it on to us. Don't see why we need to suffer too," he joked. He gave her another tight hug for a moment, enjoy the last few seconds of alone time before the rejoined Sinead and Syd. "You'll get your personal heater back and all to yourself tonight. Trust me," he flirted with her. On Lucy's word, he then headed towards the pier with her to retrieve the crazy pair from the lake. It felt good to have this kind of alone time with his wife, not having to divide his attention between work and family.

Sinead pushed hair wet hair back and out of her face, spitting out some of the lake water that had gone into her mouth during the splashing around. She kept moving her arms and legs around, to keep afloat and to keep her muscles from freezing up in the cold. "Oi!" she yelled when Syd splashed her back. "Yeah, well, I did jump in. Can't have you kids thinking their Aunt Sinny isn't up for a bit of fun." She momentarily closed her eyes as she thought of her adorable but impressionable children, who she wouldn't have dreamed of doing something so crazy in front of. "Syd, I think I'm going to freeze up..." she realised. As much as she wanted to try endure the cold water and keep having a bit of fun, she could feel her heart thumping very quickly in her chest and she knew she had to be careful it didn't cause her condition to flare up. The last thing she wanted was to faint in the middle of the water.

1540676913082.pngLucy's voice came just in time to make Sinead's decision for her. "Yes, Ma'am," she playfully saluted upon being told to get out of the water. When it was pointed out that her lips were blue, a slightly panicked expression grew on her already pale face. "Oh no..." she said, now more eager to get out of the water. With Syd's help, she climbed back up onto the pier. "Thank you, Syd," she told him, catching her breath back. "You turn away now, Nephew. I need to get dressed," she told him. With her back to the others, Sinead peeled the vest off, leaving her for a moment in just her bra. She then quickly put her cardigan on and fastened it up, before putting her skirt and coat back on, folding her arms tightly around herself to try warm up. Her teeth were chattering and she found herself eager to get back into the warmth.

James hugged Lucy closer as she told Syd and Sinead to get out of the water. He suddenly loosened his grip as something had caught Lucy by surprise. "Feel what, Luce?" he curiously asked, looking around to see what she could be referring to. As he felt her grab his hand, he looked down as he was directed to touch her stomach. She was jumping around excitedly, but James remained looking down to her belly, apparently memorised as he felt their unborn baby kicking against his hand. He let out a fond little laugh as he could feel himself getting choked up. He never thought he'd have a moment like this and now it was happening, he was for the most part speechless. "Luce..." he began, but fell silent again as he felt another kick. "I think we've got a tough little fighter in there," he fondly pointed out, looking up to meet Lucy's eyes. "This is amazing..."

When Syd joined them, James moved his hand away and took a step back to allow his son to join in on the moment. James looked over his shoulder to see where Sinead was, but quickly looked back to Lucy and Syd upon realising the redhead was partially dressed whilst putting some clothes back on - that was something he didn't need to see. Sinead soon enough came rushing over, fully dressed, to see what Lucy was fussing about and a bright smile took over her frozen lips as she realised what was going on. Sinead placed her cold hand onto Lucy's tummy and giggled as she felt the baby kicking. "Oh wow!" she excitedly said, her eyes wide open. "That's so adorable. I'm so happy for you both. Ahhhh, the little one is having fun here too," she happily suggested. "I hope Mummy and Daddy are singing to you lots," she spoke to Lucy's baby bump.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Finn Sullivan
When George explained why being gay would end a friendship for some people, Finn shook his head, disappointed with people in society. Sure, it was a rather new concept to Finn, men liking other men, but he wasn't going to make it uncomfortable for George. George was a wonderful person as far as Finn could tell and him being gay had nothing to do with the type of person he was, if anything it just added to the uniqueness. George went on to explain why he never will reconcile with his parents and the reasonings behind it all made Finn sad. Finn looked around the room, at the other visitors, prisoners and observing guards. Finn's cheeks turned bright pink as George questioned why he would ever get rid of Finn. The man was being far too kind to Finn, not knowing him well at all. Finn gave George's hand a squeeze as he called him attractive.

After a moment of them chuckling, George pulled his hand away, causing Finn's bright and shining smile to fade away, wondering if he had done something wrong. George explained why he did what he did and Finn once again found himself shaking his head. His eyes shot around the room, wondering if anyone was even noticing them. Sighing, Finn leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms, "Georgie, let me explain this to you. I've never been a man to care what people think of me." This of course was not true, as he cared what his family thought of him, what George thought of him. "The people around us are only in our lives for a split second, so why care what they think? If they think I'm gay, fine, let them." He shrugged his shoulders and smiled softly at George. "Don't worry about me...I can handle it okay...if not, I'll get my family to handle it." His voice was teasing as he said that last part, knowing that he couldn't depend on his family's connections all the time.

"Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable." Finn breathed out, wondering if that was another reason as to why George pulled his hand away. The thoughts were turning in Finn's mind, George story about his former love brought a lot to light for Finn. He had been with Eleanor for a decade, that was a long time to be with just one person. He knew that he could have just grown tired of her, unfortunately, it happens to many. But something else was itching in the back of his mind, something telling him that it was a lot more than just growing tired of Eleanor. Finn bit his bottom lip slowly as he mulled over the idea, "So excuse me for asking...but was it really that easy to know? That you didn't feel attracted to women?"

Lucy Porter
Lucy watched James closely as his hand was on her stomach, the little flutters that she could feel were pressing against his hand strongly, causing a proud smile to form on her lips. "We do." She murmured as James said that they had a little fighter. She nodded her head in agreement as he then said how amazing this moment was. The baby continued to kick up a storm as Syd and Sinead got out of the water. At Syd's questioning, Lucy smiled at her son, nodding her head. "More than okay! Your little sibling just startled me, that's all." She said, waving him over as James stepped away to allow Syd to place his hand on her stomach. "He's kicking the crap out of everyone's hand." She chuckled, the tears still thick in her eyes. This was the first time she was feeling this, the books she'd been reading about pregnancy told her that in the fifth month that the baby would become active inside the womb. It was incredible and strange all at the same time to feel.

Lucy was so excited and surprised that she hadn't looked up to see her sister changing, otherwise she would have told her a thing or two. When Sinead made it over and placed her hand on Lucy's tummy, she was just as excited. Lucy placed her hand over her sister's, "Sinny! You're hands are like ice!" She commented. The blonde placed her other hand on her tummy, feeling the light flutters against her hand. As Sinead spoke to the baby however, Lucy's smile faded. She hadn't been singing to the baby. Looking to James with a now worried expression on her face, she bit her lip, "We actually haven't been doing that." Lucy then wondered if she was wrong for doing so. "We are not exactly song birds." She murmured, "But I guess I should be reading to the baby hmm?" Even though Lucy had been reading everything she possibly could to study up for being prepared for the baby, she knew that sometimes there were things left out. Being as this was her first birth child, she wanted everything to be perfect. The look in Lucy's eyes now was one of uncertainty.

"You use to do that for your babies, right Sin?" She asked her little sister, wanting to know if singing and reading to the unborn baby was something that needed to be done. The anxiety that was building in her was causing a heaviness in her chest. What if they didn't sing or read to the baby? What would be different if they did do those things
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray Pyroclast Pyroclast

1540676913082-png.497124
James found the whole experience quite overwhelming, trying his best not to turn a pile of emotional mush in front of their small audience. With Syd and Sinead now with them - especially with Sinead talking - James kept the smile on his face whilst his thoughts took over for a moment. He thought he was already prepared and ready for their baby to be born, yet it seemed only now had the reality kicked in. They were bringing a tiny human into the world, which filled him with great excitement and joy, but also a sense of worry. Their child needed a peaceful and safe live. Syd, Mallory and Delilah had for the most part had that, now old enough to understand the sudden war that was going on close to home. James couldn't help but think back to the job his men were on. Everyone needed their job to be a success. The IWU needed to be wiped out and for good. His family deserved the best life.

Sinead's jaw dropped slightly as she saw Lucy's smile fade at her comment. It was clear by the blonde's worried expressions that she was worried over something she'd said. The redhead watched, trying to get a word in, as Lucy began to show her uncertainty and anxiety. Sinead let out an exaggerated sigh and smiled reassuringly to Lucy. "What am I going to do with you, Sis?" she asked, gently rubbing Lucy's shoulder. "Yes, I did sing to my babies, but I sing all of the time so it just seemed right to sing them a song too. It doesn't matter if you're songbirds or not, just sing and talk to them anyway. They'll just like to hear your voices. I mean, it must get pretty boring laying around in there for all of those months, right?"

Sinead bit her bottom lip as she thought back to her first pregnancy. She moved her hand away from Lucy's shoulder and down to hold her hand instead. "You're doing amazing, Luce, and far better than I did with Savvy. Remember?" she asked. Sinead hadn't known she was pregnant until some months later so only started preparing for it then. "I was sectioned and then out getting drunk before I knew I was pregnant, not to mention the rest... But look at Savvy. She turned out just fine and perfectly healthy." Sinead gently squeezed Lucy's hand. "I think you're already doing a much better job than I did and your baby will have the sweetest family waiting for them when their born. I still think you should sing and talk to them, though... then they'll recognise Mummy and Daddy the moment they hear you when they're born." Sinead's eyes twinkled in the sunlight as she gushed over the whole conversation. She knew it wouldn't be the right time for a long while yet, even after Peter's release, but it sure was making her broody herself.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

George Sanderson

1540313784606-png.495736
George hated to see Finn's smile disappear when he'd pulled his hand away, but he would hate even more for the decent man to be treated differently if others misjudged him for it. However, when Finn explained he didn't care what others thought, even if those thoughts were that he was gay, a small smile returned to George's face. The man sitting before him was too good a man to actually be sitting with him, he was sure of it. At the same time, be believed Finn to be intelligent and to know what he really wanted. George had been honest with him and so he believed he was worthy of knowing the good doctor. Although Peter wouldn't think the same, him getting locked up and put in George's cell might have been one of the best things to happen to George. Finding friendship with Finn and Peter was certainly the best thing to have happened for George in the last ten years. "Well, if you're happy, then I'm happy. Hopefully your family won't need to do a thing to protect us two fools." He let out a small laugh and placed his hand over his mouth for a moment, but his eyes still reflected the warm and fond smile that was being concealed. 'George, what are you doing to yourself?'

George moved his hand away from his face and placed it back onto the tabletop. "You didn't make me feel uncomfortable. Quite the opposite, if I'm being totally honest..." he admitted. He was falling for Finn more by the minute and he truly hoped he would be able to get a handle on it before it could ruin their newfound friendship.

It was clear to see that Finn had something on his mind, so George remained patient but sent the man an encouraging smile, hoping he would feel comfortable sharing whatever it was with him. Then the man asked him what was on his mind, causing George to think for a short time. "I guess it wasn't easy to know. I spent years wondering how my friends found it so easy to date and to be attracted to girls. I could see before my eyes how pretty some of my female friends were and my friends were often joking about me being oblivious when a girl was attracted to me. So when I did meet Emily, she was the one who made the first move and asked me out on a date. She was so beautiful, sweet and funny. Most guys I knew would have loved to have been dating Emily, yet I felt nothing and every day was a conscious effort for me to make her feel wanted. I never once entertained the idea I was gay and so I just thought there was something wrong with me, that I needed to keep working at my relationship with Emily."

George fell silent as he thought of his experiences in jail. "Once I ended up in here, I had a lot of time to think and to realise the truth had been staring me in the face all along. As a teenager, I often envied my male friends for being more attractive than I was, but perhaps the real reason I was looking at all was because I thought they were attractive. Then, whilst inside this place, it finally just made sense and there were some prisoners I developed crushes on. I hid it, fought it off, and did a good job at locking away such feelings. It wasn't until I developed an attraction to one of my cellmates and the feeling was mutual that I finally accepted it. Everything felt so natural with Rich and there was no need to force affection with him. It was just right. Well, until he got released and completely cut off all ties with me..." he trailed off. He shrugged his shoulders, having had time to get over that man. "It wasn't easy to know, but now I do I'm finally happy with who I am."

Bellz Bellz (Finn)

Lucy Porter
Lucy gave her sister a shy smile as she reassured her, knowing that she was worrying far too much, as usual. Lucy slowly nodded her head as Sinead explained why she sang to her babies, it was understandable, the little baby growing inside of her must have been bored. Sinead took her hand and continued to reassure Lucy to which the blonde smiled a little wider, feeling comforted by her sisters words. Talk about Savvy before she was born brought back some memories that Lucy would rather leave in the past. "Thank you Sin," Lucy murmured as she gave her sister's hand a light squeeze. Looking to James, she was pleased to see the big smile on his face but upon further inspection she could see that he was thinking deeply again. "Well, now that I know that our little one can hear us, it may be hard to get me to shut up throughout the day. I hope he or she hasn't grown tired of my voice by the time they make it into the world."

Lucy placed her free hand on her baby bump a moment, letting the sounds of the water splashing against the pier and the sounds of birds in the distance fill her ears. To her, it was crazy to think that in a few months they would have a beautiful little baby to love. This beautiful little holiday that they were on brought forth feelings of safety and comfort, something that would only last until it was all over. Their home was safe of course, with all the security around, but people they loved were still getting hurt. Lucy couldn't help but think that it would be nearly impossible for her to step out of the house with the baby when a war was brewing, she wouldn't ever want to risk it. She couldn't control their older children, as they were old enough to make their own decisions...and that scared her even more.

Before she could allow herself to get too tangled up in her thoughts, Lucy looked to both Syd and Sinead. "We should probably get you two into some warm clothes before you catch a cold." She murmured lightly, giving her sister's hand another squeeze before turning to James and placing her free hand on his hand, "Don't want to miss that reservation." Her eyes looked to him, watching him closely, making it clear that she was checking on him.

with: James +Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

tumblr_inline_n15phwwCE81qe5l8y.gif Syd Porter

It was refreshing to see his mother's tears accompanied with such a warm smile - so many upsetting things had happened in the past few months that Syd was used to seeing only tears of sadness in the eyes of those he loved. At the mention of his sibling, Syd's smile widened, feeling both excited and protective towards the unborn child. Slowly and cautiously, he laid his hand against her belly and closed his eyes. For a few seconds all was still, but then he felt a tiny kick against his hand - once, twice, then a third time. "Woah," he exhaled, his heartbeat growing more intense. It was his first bonding moment with his new sibling and he realised that even though they hadn't met yet, he already loved them profoundly. Now that he was old enough to understand the gravity of the troubles his family faced, he did find it concerning that this baby would be brought into an environment that saw so much destruction and violence. He didn't want to voice these concerns, however, since his parents were no doubt worrying the same thing. At least not right now, when everyone was so happy. No matter what, he was going to be the best brother he could possibly be for them. "That's so cool..." he smiled, the love in his eyes plain as day.

Only when Sinead joined them did he move away, allowing her the space to feel the kicking for herself. Still spellbound by the experience, he caught his father's eye and noticed the same look of excitement and love. Syd shared a smile with James as Sinead and Lucy discussed techniques of comforting the unborn baby. Despite the emotional warmth that his first connection with his sibling had brought him, physically he was shivering from the cold. His core temperature must have dropped after only a few minutes in the water and he went to put his shirt and shoes back on to signify that he was ready to head back inside and warm up. When his mother eventually suggested that they do exactly that, Syd nodded and flashed her an eager smile. Seeing everyone around him filled with hope for the future inspired him; it was easy to give in to feelings of hopelessness after all the losses that the family had suffered, but the pregnancy was giving them all something positive to focus on. The holiday was turning out to be exactly what they needed.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray James, Sinead
Bellz Bellz Lucy

Finn Sullivan
Finn was relieved to hear that he didn't make George uncomfortable, the last thing he wanted to do was make him feel that way, especially after what he told him. Finn as nervous to hear what George had to say, he was internally beating himself for being so bold to ask questions. He was sure the man wasn't used to being questioned on such a subject and Finn worried that he needed to apologize. He opened his mouth to utter out an apology when George answered. Finn snapped his jaw shut and leaned forward, listening to the man's words with deep interest. As George spoke, Finn was thinking about the similarities that he felt, in his mind he was wondering what they all meant. His eyes searched for something in George, something that would tell him that he was just crazy. Finn was actually entertaining the idea that he may be...

He couldn't even finish the thought. It was perfectly fine that George was gay, he wouldn't hold anything against the man before him. His story was sad to tell and Finn appreciated how much George trusted him... Why is it so wrong for me to be gay? He wondered. Finn's brows furrowed as George talked about a man he had affections for in prison, one who ignored him as soon as he made it on the outside. He didn't like that one bit. George just shrugged his shoulders, seemingly not affected by what happened to him. Finn nodded his head as the man finished off his answer, Finn stayed silent for a while, clasping his hands together as he simply stared at the table in front of him.

"Well," He said finally, looking up at George, blue eyes showing the confusion he was feeling. "I'm very glad you are happy with who you are, really." His words were genuine as well as his smile. "I think that will be the next step after I end things with Eleanor...I've felt lost for a while." he murmured softly, sighing at the end of his words. With a shake of his head, he suddenly laughed at himself, "Oh god, listen to me, I sound like a wreck. Thank you for sharing with me Georgie." He smiled wider.

The Textile Factory

The armed men watched Rudy closely as he flipped through his clip board, no one spoke or shifted as Rudy spoke of the problem the building was having. Nodding his head, one of them took a step forward, causing a ripple effect as the other man moved as well. Walking down as instructed, the men went straight down the hall until they came upon the door to the right. They stopped together, as if they were one. They were thinking nothing of the men who were to work on the building, leading them right where they needed to be. "Here we are," One of them said before opening the door to the room. The other looked inside from where he stood, he then looked to Rudy as he raised his left brow at him, "This won't take long will it?" he asked asked bluntly, not really having the patience for leading a tour of the building at the moment. Once again, he looked over Rudy and the other two men before him, perhaps making them nervous with his prying eyes.

When they got an answer, both of the men nodded their heads firmly. "Be quick about it." One of them said, their jaw setting before turning to the man to his right. "Let's go." with that, they turned to leave the "maintenance workers" to do their work.
with: Rudy Shireling Shireling
***​
Minnie Abernathy
img-hailee-steinfeld_095106356411-789x1000.jpg
"Oh Fuck Al, go bitch to someone who wants to hear it, you sound like nails against a chalk board." Minnie hissed as she waved her hand gun around at Allen. "I'm serious you asshole! I'll shoot you in your jewels, I swear it." She hissed, hopping from her spot on one of the broken office chairs. The brunette began to pace impatiently in front of the door where the meeting was being held. Two guards were standing down the hall a little bit aways, not leaving her completely alone with her irritation. Someone behind her sneeze, causing her head to whip around and her handgun to aim towards however it was who made the awful sound. "God damnit Allen! Don't you know how to shut up!" Minnie growled out a little louder than necessary. The woman didn't lower her gun as the guard cursed at her, demanding that she do so.

"Why would I want to do that Al? Its a lot more fun this way, don't you think?" She sneered at the man, a cruel smile on her face. Before she had the chance to further the fun, the door to the meeting room opened. Lowering her gun quickly, the woman turned towards the door and her twisted features softened into a wide and seductive smile as she saw Evan walking out of the meeting. "For a later time." She mumbled, forgetting the guard she was about to play with like an ant under a looking glass in the summer sun. "Evan!" She chirped. "You in trouble?" She asked, her lower lip jutting out into a pout. "Does someone need a spanking? That doesn't seem up Jared's alley, but I would be happy to do the job." She purred.

with: Evan Misty Gray Misty Gray

ezgif-5-846ccf7f9f.gifJames had noticed the way Lucy closely eyed him, leaving no doubt in his mind that she was aware of the concerns going through his head. Regardless, he sent her a loving smile to reassure her. He took hold of her hand as she suggested they went inside to get ready. "You read my mind, love. I'm already hungry!"

Once back in their hotel apartment, James took some time to relax before getting dressed a little smarter in a white shirt and trousers. He didn't doubt the two ladies would take longer to get ready, especially as Sinead seemed to think they were attending a fancy ball rather than just heading downstairs to stuff their faces. Leaving them to it, James sat out in the lounge area of the apartment and shouted out to see if Syd was ready yet, wishing to take the opportunity to talk with his son privately.

"Have you defrosted now?" he asked Syd as he motioned for him to join him. With the job on Christmas Day and Tommy's death, he was aware his son hadn't taken things too well. It was another of many reasons he had no reservations about killing any and all of those affiliated with the IWU. "How are you feeling now, Syd? About everything? I know Skye's been there for you for the last few weeks, but you know you can tell me anything too, right? If you ever have any doubts or reservations about doing the jobs I give you, please speak up."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

1540851870100.pngSinead soon warmed up in the hotel and once she was in the warm bath, she wasn't sure if she ever wanted to get out. However, with dinner on her mind and a pretty dress to wear, she soon enticed herself out of the water. Once she was dressed, she yelled for Lucy to join her in her room so they could finish getting ready together. Sinead had offered to do Lucy's hair for her, so her pregnant sister could relax and be pampered. The redhead was massively excited for her sister, having until recently resigned to the thought she'd never get to have this moment with her. The guilt and sadness for Lucy's loss had weighed heavy on her mind since the day Angel had shot the blonde.

Sinead asked Lucy to sit in the chair opposite the dressing table whilst she stood behind to style her hair, whether she wanted it or not! "Okay, Luce. How would you like me to do your hair?" she asked. "Until you set a darn date for your wedding, this is the closest I'm going to get to bossing you around and helping you get dressed up," she remarked, pouting a little.

As she began combing Lucy's hair, Sinead looked into the mirror to see both of their reflections. "Don't you be worrying about things, alright? You're doing an amazing job at preparing to welcome your little gift. Just always know I'll be here for you, alright? You've done so much to help me look after my little monsters, it'll soon be my turn to help you and I can't wait." She displayed a proud smile. "So, anything you want to ask me, ask away. Or if there's just anything at all you want to talk about, I'm here. Don't think I haven't seen that look in James' eyes - he's fretting about business, am I right?" she asked. She was aware there were plans in place to attack the IWU. As much as she didn't like violence and bloodshed, she knew there was no other way to make this point. Those people had brought so much pain to her family lately, with the final straw being killing Tommy. She'd seen how the young man's death affected those she cared about, especially Aliana and Jackson.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Evan Shaw

original.gifEvan was glad when Jared decided to bring the meeting to an end, having not been overly fond of backing down on his beliefs. In the end, he was willing to see how the election would turn out and if Armstrong would keep his word if he did win. Having the Mayor on the IWU's side would certainly have its benefits and Evan could see that, but politicians made his skin crawl. Whilst Jared hadn't yet shown evidence of betrayal or sell out the IWU, Evan simply didn't trust the man not to let the power go to his head. Jared used too many words, dressed in fancy suits and had his own wealth - all things Evan felt were out of place in the organisation.

Stepping out of the room, Evan turned in the opposite direction of Carter and the others, supposedly going to checking on the factory floor but not in any rush to go about it. He was sure the lads were working hard enough without him breathing down their necks on behalf of Armstrong. An interesting distraction found its way to him in the form of the dangerous little firecracker, Minnie. "Ah, I'm always in trouble. Armstrong's clearly not getting any action in bed with that wife of his, so he's trying to take out his frustrations on the rest of us." He grinned at her risque comments and leaned back against the wall, turning his head to keep his eyes on the woman, quirking a playful eyebrow. "Now, now, Minnie. For putting that appalling imagine of Armstrong into my head, I think you're the one who needs a spanking, doll. Then, you're more than welcome to return the favour." Evan took out a box of cigarettes and offered the lady one, before lighting up a smoke for himself. "So, what are you up to? Other than preying on innocent young men such as myself..."

Bellz Bellz (Evan)

Rudy Meyers
Rudy Meyers.jpgRudy turned to face his men, utterly shocked. They had expected to be under armed escort the whole time, but it seems they were being cut a break. They quickly fell to their work. Rudy, using a saw-toothed utility knife, cut a sizeable bit of the drywall off as quietly as he could manage. Once the wall was exposed, Rudy cut away a square of fiberglass insulation and, just to cover his bases, mangled it with his gloved hands to make it appear that it had been chewed by rodents in case anyone came by to check on them. With that finished, he had Butch hand him the "replacement insulation" which was a small roll of insulation just big enough to close the gap but also large enough to conceal the explosive Rudy had rigged. He attached the bomb to the other side of the exposed wall with tape and set the timer for five minutes. With any luck, they would be long-gone by then.

To finish the job, they put the cut piece of drywall back over the hole in the wall and sealed it back up with a bit of sheetrocking mud. Rudy wiped a bit of sweat away from his brow with his cap and pulled it down close over his eyes as he and his accomplices exited the room. Having gotten the explosives right where they wanted them with no fuss, Rudy began attempting to make his way over to the western end of the building where they would be safely free of the blast radius and could join in the shooting once it had started. Even if someone noticed the ticking in the empty room, which he doubted, unless they knew how to defuse a bomb it would be too late. They looked for their path and made as if they were going to survey the other side of the building.

Bellz Bellz Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Misty Gray Misty Gray Enzyme Enzyme

Sergeant Patrick Higgins

Patrick had done as Kennedy told him, trusting the senior detective knew what he was doing. Patrick hadn't gone out in the field for what felt like decades. It felt good to carry himself like a normal Gardai, protect and serve. Even though he felt somewhat naked without his service pistol, most Gardai on the streets were without firearms. As he drove up Tritonville, he had to remark on how beautiful the neighborhood was. With the sky clear and blue, he began to contemplate taking more time off work and starting a family. He and his girlfriend had already moved in, but he had pushed the idea aside for quite some time, despite her desires. Maybe her pleading was beginning to work it's way in or maybe he was just ready. As he turned onto 5 Road Tritonville, he saw the neat apartment between the suburban houses.

He parked the cruiser on the side of the road, where he was greeted by an elderly couple walking by. They smiled to him as he stepped out of the car and greeted him kindly, where he returned with a friendly nod and smile. Before stepping inside the apartment complex, he caught sight of a cafe down the street. He decided that after he was done gathering questions, he'd have a peaceful lunch there before meeting up with the detective.

After stepping inside, he saw the small window on the side of the wall, where the receptionist's name was engraved on a plaque. He walked up to the small window, tapping his fingers on the bell. A beautiful woman appeared in the window, a small notebook displayed on her counter. "Good afternoon. I'm here for Mr. Ronald O'Donald." The smile on the woman's face quickly disappeared. A strange jitter ran down Patrick's spine instantly, which caused his own smile to fade. "Room 45, third floor," she hesitantly drew out. Patrick nodded slightly, stepping back from the window. "Thank you," he returned, leaving the weird situation.

Patrick climbed up the steps to the third floor, finding the 40s row. He moved down to room 45, now slightly put off from the receptionist. Nevertheless, he lightly tapped his knuckles against the center of the door. "Mr. O'Donald, this is the Gardai," he calmly spoke, not wanting to scare the man, but making sure Ronald knew not to keep him waiting.

Fletchawk Fletchawk

Syd Porter

As soon as they got back Syd ran himself a bath to recover from his earlier swim. Alone with his thoughts, he couldn't help but think of the job that the men back home would be going on today. As much as he tried to put it out of his mind, the not knowing was bothering him and he could only hope that they would be successful and all return in one piece. At least being on holiday didn't exactly feel like a waste of time - his mood had lifted enormously after only a day of being here, so he knew it was doing him good. He had even slept through a whole night, which was rare these days. Since Christmas, Samson had taken to sleeping in his bedroom to respond to the nightmares that had followed from the attack and even though they were becoming less frequent now, Syd had wondered if being away from home would cause them to come back. It seemed, however, to have had the opposite effect. Once he had washed his hair and dressed up smart enough, Syd heard his dad calling him from the lounge and went to keep him company.

"Fully defrosted!" he confirmed, hurdling over the sofa to settle down beside James. He figured his mother and aunt were getting ready together, which meant that they'd take about three times as long as usual. When his father asked him how he was doing, Syd's heart sank and he turned away. "I thought we came here to forget about that," he mumbled. His eyes lingered on the floor before him as he paused to figure out what he could say to keep his dad satisfied. He seemed to want Syd to talk to him about his feelings, but to him doing that risked being pulled out of the business. If he could help it, he wouldn't even think about what happened at all let alone talk about it, but if he had to talk to anyone, the last people he would choose would be his parents. They were the only ones with the authority to stop him from going to work with the rest of the mob, and he wanted more than anything to help out, despite all the horrors he had seen. "I know," he sighed. "But there's nothing to tell. I'm getting better, dad, I swear - if something doesn't feel right about a job, of course I'll say something, just like anyone would." His eyes remained fixed on the ground - he hated to lie to his father, but opening up would only complicate things.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back