• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Lucy Porter
91cc6ad85f30a008b8401f92a014db62--amber-heard-comics.jpg
Lucy's nervousness at telling James of what she had done had melted away happiness as he expressed that he would be on board to have a baby. She placed her hands over her mouth and let out a little squeal of excitement as she nodded her head at his last words, about Ciara not stopping them from doing what they wanted. Lucy believed in her husband more than anyone else, he had the ability to bounce back from a stressful situation quicker than anyone and he was her anchor. Whatever they would go through together would only make them stronger, even if it didn't seem like it at first. They had made it this far, and they had so much more left to go. Lucy let out another small excited noise before leaning in and kissing James softly on the lips.

After a long moment, she pulled away from the kiss and wrapped her arms around him, whispering how much she loved him in his ear. Once they enjoyed their few moments alone, they both knew it was time to head home to their family, who was most likely anxiously awaiting their arrival home now. Once home, Lucy checked in on her children who seemed to be out of sorts about what had happened at the club, including the girls, who weren't at the club with them. She had checked in on Syd as James went to clean up, and it was clear to her that the shock had not worn off yet. Saddened to see her boy in such a state, she stated with him for a while until her eyes almost closed. After making sure that her son was alright, Lucy headed back to the room she shared with James and fell asleep in the same damp clothes she had been wearing all night both physically and emotionally exhausted from the days events.
with: James Misty Gray Misty Gray mentions:

Chapter 6: Knowledge is Power
Chapter 6: Knowledge is Power
Saturday 7th November 1959
Afternoon - Cold, Dry
...Three weeks later...

The Porters House
James Porter

1538324754320.png
1525975581923-png.438430
The weeks following the attack on the club and Michael's death had gone by surprisingly quietly. That didn't mean James was about to let his guard down nor would he let Ciara get away with trying to kill his family. He just knew he had to plan his attack carefully rather than rush in with a gut reaction. Still, he had lifted his his ban on the kids going out. They were allowed out but under the supervision of their parents or James' most trusted gang members. He wanted the kids to be able to do normal things, but he was still cautious and worried for their safety. On the subject of others' safety, he'd allowed Blake into the family home and given Jackson the task of training her up so she could protect herself if needed. The last thing he wanted was an innocent woman getting caught up in the IWU's mess.

One of James' biggest concerns was the weapons the IWU had and if he knew where the majority of their firepower was being kept, he could weaken them by relieving them of the dangerous arsenal. He'd asked Kieran to see if there was anything he could find out from the IWU without drawing attention to himself and he was now ready to check in with the man. From inside his office, James dialled the number for the hotel and asked to be put through to Kieran's room. He listened to the ringing tone as he waited for Kieran to answer the call.

As he sat back in his chair, James looked to the photograph of him and Lucy. He wondered how his wife was getting on with Mallory and Delilah. She'd been wanting to start planning the wedding and taking the girls out to the shops in town with her would serve as a good moment of bonding for them too. He hoped he'd get some time to spend with Syd at some point, especially as he'd been given no choice but to give up on the plans to train him. At least they still had the car mechanics to bond over.

James had asked Conor, Peter and Rudolph to come to the by the evening. It was hoped that Kieran would have the information he needed so the three men could head out tonight to take the weapons right from under Ciara's nose.

Interaction: Shireling Shireling (Kieran)
Key mentions: Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Peter) Shireling Shireling (Rudolph) ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion (Delilah) neverbackdown neverbackdown (Mallory)

Sinead Callahan

1538324713370.png
1525977460405-png.438438
Savannah had been asking all morning if she could go spend time with Michelle, but Sinead had wanted all three kids to spend some time with herself and Peter. However, as the afternoon drew later, she knew Peter would be heading over to Lucy's place to find out what job he was doing that evening. Skye was happy to stay back with Braden and Emery so the more reserved Savannah could play with Michelle without worrying about Emery taking over the play date.

Once Peter was ready, Sinead called for Savannah to come downstairs. Whilst she waited, she planted a kiss on her husband's lips and straightened out his shirt. It was already neat enough, but it still made her feel better to show him she cared. "You be careful tonight, Mister. And if you do see the Wicked Witch of the West - Ciara - shoot her in the foot from me!" she half-joked. If she'd known how awful the woman was back at Lucy's birthday party, she'd have made a point of 'accidentally' spilling her drink all over her.

When they got to the Porters house, Savannah rushed around the place to find Michelle. Sinead meanwhile sought out Alex, having not had much chance to speak with her since... since ever. Even back in Chicago they'd never really exchanged words, other than one Halloween that always stood out in her mind. With Michelle being her niece and Alex apparently sticking around, she figured it was time to break the ice. "Hey, Alex. Savvy was really wanting to play with Michelle for a bit. Instead of asking you, she's rushed off to find Michelle, so I'll ask instead. Is now a good time for the girls to play?" she asked the woman. Sinead had been scared of Vinnie, always thinking of the man as a monster, so she'd always been apprehensive around his family in general. But she'd only heard positive things about Alex now and Conor was clearly still in love with her. "I don't know what Conor has planned for the rest of today, but Peter is working. I wondered if you and I could get to know each other. You've been here a few weeks now and we've never really talked." She offered her a bashful smile.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Conor Sullivan

1526092281763-png.438937
1538324792486.png
Conor had been instructed by James not to make any plans that evening as it was his turn to go out and do a job, along with Peter and Rudolph. It wasn't that he minded helping the family business, he just preferred to spend his Saturday evenings relaxing. Or more specifically, he would have preferred to have spent some more time with Alex. Still, he knew James did a lot for them so it was only fair he gave something back in return.

When Peter and Sinead arrived at the house, Conor was curiously surprised to see his sister finally approaching Alex. He couldn't help but smile to himself as she was the last one to reach out to Alex - even Shannon had sort of beaten her to it. Conor placed his arm around Peter's shoulder and led him over to where Jackson was, all the while a devious smile was planted on his face. "And where are you heading this evening, mate?" he asked Jackson, in a playfully suspicious tone. "You wouldn't happen to be spending more time with Blake, would you?" he curiously asked, having seen Jackson training the blonde. "I mean," he began, placing his hand over his heart and pouting, "do I need to be worried, my love? Because I thought you and I had something special, baby," he joked.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Sky Haven

Thomas Dempsey

1525976672391-png.438433
1538324887235.png
Tommy hadn't enjoyed his night in the cells three weeks ago. It wouldn't have been so bad had he simply had time to rest and take the time out to think about the things he'd been easily ignoring as James had been keeping him busy. He'd killed a man a few weeks ago whilst helping Nora get out of the country, but nothing ever followed. His life, Nora's, and the Porters' lives simply went on. The fact he'd moved on so easily and shown little regard for taking a man's life was an unsettling surprise. Granted, the man had it coming and Tommy had to shoot him to save Peter, but it was still a life snuffed out at his own hands. He didn't doubt he would do it again and he figured that wasn't what normal people did. Regardless, those thoughts hadn't surfaced too much during his time locked up. Instead, some of the cops had spent the time making it pretty clear they had it in for him because his dad had murdered one of their colleagues. A corrupt cop killed and now honoured by more corrupt cops. Tommy would have loved to have reacted to them, but he owed it to the Porters to stay quiet, get released the next morning and cause them as little trouble as possible. James had initially been annoyed with him for smashing up the cop car, but he soon understood it was to distract them from finding anything incriminating that would lead back to the family.

Tonight, Tommy had the evening off, so decided to stop by the Sky Haven to pay Aliana a visit. Things had been busy for both of them recently, so he hadn't seen her as much as he would have liked. Dressed in a smart but casual suit, he stepped into the restaurant and looked around for the beautiful manager. He hoped she would be getting off work soon or would at least be able to spare him some time.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

The Textile Factory

Ciara Hennessy

1525978282175-png.438443
1538324993421.png
Grant sat at the canteen table, facing two male IWU members. He slouched back and smoked his cigarette as though he was some kind of big shot. Or even as if he was someone of any relevance at all. He balanced the cigarette on the edge of the ashtray as he let out a small chuckle. "Honestly, I used to manage Sinead Callahan. The little fool went and ruined things for herself when she came onto me. All over me, she was, but I'm a professional and so I had to let her go. Plus, she couldn't handle a guy like me," he persisted to fib. "The whole family's a bunch of freaks... I like Ciara, but what's she keep that retarded loony around here for?" for asked, in reference to Elijah.

Before the man could continue, he felt the impact of Ciara's hand hitting his skull as she harshly gave him a backhanded slap. As he groaned in pain, she rounded the table and grabbed the lit cigarette from the ashtray. Without warning, she grabbed the man's hand and stubbed the cigarette out in the middle of his palm. Grant screamed out in pain before pulling his hand away. "Just remember who's stopping that bunch of freaks from killing you," she threatened him, though that comment wasn't the one that had annoyed it. "If I hear you speak about Eli like that again, I'll slit your throat." She shook her head and snorted as she thought of what she'd overheard him say about Sinead. "As for Mrs. Callahan, she wouldn't go anywhere near you. I don't think any woman would if they heard you talking like that. Show some damn respect!"

Deciding to leave before Grant started sucking up to her again, Ciara left the canteen to see if Blake had arrived yet. When she saw the blonde had indeed arrived and was waiting in the office, she quickly joined her and sent a warm smile her way. She made sure to lock the door behind her so nobody could walk in on their private conversation. "Blake, it's lovely to see you," she told her. She hopped up onto her desk, sitting so her legs were dangling above the wooden floor. "How are things going? Would you say the Porters have accepted you yet? I hope they're protecting you from me," she joked.

Bellz Bellz (Blake)
Mention: Enzyme Enzyme (Elijah)

Currently Active Cast: Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz neverbackdown neverbackdown Enzyme Enzyme Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Shireling Shireling Pyroclast Pyroclast ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion

Shannon and Skye are available for interaction.
This won't be a long chapter. Other than a couple of things that I need to happen, I was hoping to use this one as a character/relationship building chapter, especially as I know some members are quite busy or absent over the next week or two. I have bigger plans for the chapter after this one. ;)

Last edited:
Lucy Porter
Amber-Heard-at-Syrup-movie-and-Obakki-Acadia-coat-12601-p.jpg
"I really don't know if I like this color as much as I did the last time I saw it." Lucy said indecisively as she lifted some fabric from its roll and tilted her head to the side. Pursing her lips, staring at the teal color in her hands. Squinting her eyes, she let out a hum before turning to Delilah and Mallory, who were joining her for some well deserved and needed bonding time. "What do you two think? I mean you are in the wedding after all, I can't be a complete dictator, especially since this is the second time I'll be getting married." The blonde gave her girls a smile before looking at the color again, "Do you think I could go with a different color, is it a bold choice?" Of course, it had been a few weeks since the kids had gotten in trouble, having been caught in their adventures around town but Lucy still worried that on some level, her children were still upset with the way James and herself had handled things.

After allowing them to give her their input, Lucy looked to them and nodded her head slowly. Not speaking anymore about the topic of color schemes for the bridesmaid dresses, she wished to really bond with her girls for the time being, clear the tension between them and have some fun. "How about we go somewhere else for a bit? Go get you both some new clothes and maybe lunch?" She asked looking between the two of them before turning back to the seamstress, "Unfortunately I'm going to have to get back to you on the color, can't decide on an empty stomach." With that, she nodded her head once before venturing out of the dress shop and out into the cold dry autumn air. Lucy pulled her coat closer to her body waiting for the girls to step outside the shop before walking down the side walk slowly. "Alright lead the way, where to first?"
with: Delilah ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion ; Mallory neverbackdown neverbackdown
mentions:

Peter Callahan
d314a987e7c6cf8a6d6efee2d54de064.jpg
The time that Peter had gotten to spend with his wife and kids was as pleasant as expected, he loved every moment he spent with his family. The morning had gone by rather quickly however, and soon it was time for Peter to head to the Porters house, ready to take on whatever job was going to be assigned to him this time. As he was pulling his coat over his shoulders, Sinead joined him before calling Savannah downstairs. She surprised him with a kiss on the lips and straightened out his shirt, causing him to smile softly. The smile faded at the mention of Ciara, Sinead only wanted him to shoot her in the foot. He was almost positive that if he saw her tonight, he would shoot her in the head. Regardless, Peter didn't need to reveal that to his wife. "Will do darling, one bullet to the wicked foot." When Savvy joined them, they headed to the Porters.

Arriving, Savvy immediately broke away from them to find Michelle, with one last kiss goodbye he let his wife go before Conor put an arm around his shoulder. "Hey." Peter said with a smile as they turned to speak with Jackson. Peter couldn't help but raise a curious eyebrow at the teasing words Conor said to Jackson. Peter hadn't really been paying much attention to the new blonde addition to the bunch. Blake was her name and she had needed protection from Ciara. Other than that, all he knew about was that Jackson had been training her..were they doing something more than just that. Peter let out a short snort as Conor made a sad face over Jackson possibly having another one to share affections with. Peter laughed awkwardly at the words he said before shaking his head and patting Conor roughly on the shoulder. "Oh get over it mate, I believe you have someone already. Can't have them all."
with: Conor Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Jackson Enzyme Enzyme
mentions:

Blake Walsh
DNBqnw0WkAI6Pah.jpg
The last few weeks with Porter & Co were a blur. The generosity that they had shown her for claiming that Ciara was endangering her life was astounding, and from a third party perspective she had to admit it was a little too good to be true. She wondered when the hero act would end for the family and they would reveal themselves and their true intentions. Luckily for her, she didn't have to think to hard about it all. All she needed to do was get information. Get in, get out. Blake had arrived at Ciara's office to her being absent. Sitting in one of the two chairs facing the desk, she sat her clutch down on her lap before opening it and grabbing a pack of cigarettes from inside. Lighting herself one quickly, she took a long drag, inhaling deeply and holding it briefly. Letting the smoke seep through her lips, she thought about the training that she had been introduced to over the short time she had been with the family. It was nothing new of course, a lot of the things that she was being taught were practically basic for her. Pretending to be terrible at it was hard, especially when she had this irritatingly evident need to impress her trainer, Jackson.

Business like this was always tricky, having to control the emotions that desperately want to present themselves. He was nothing more than a pawn in Ciara's game, an inside to the information she needed to bring to Ciara. The door opening sliced through her thoughts easily as she looked up to see Ciara smiling warmly at her. Blake let out a short laugh and nodded her head gently, flicking the ash from her cigarette into a nearby dying plant. "Oh yes, protecting me with everything they have." She chuckled before taking another drag. "Porter is out for your ass Ciara, hate to admit it to you. And he seems pretty keen on getting his brother back."

with: Ciara Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme

Last edited:
Jackson McCarthy

80B4EC46-9C1B-4409-BAA9-1A0A1F57059C.png
The last few weeks had blown by in a breeze to his surprise. The shooting at the club felt like a ‘calm before the storm’ set up, but everything remained relaxed after that. He had gotten around to training Blake at the range, at James’ request. Completely caught off guard, she was a natural sharpshooter. Other than the training, he occasionally patrolled her neighborhood for thugs, waving to her while she stood at her apartment window. Despite the seemingly immediate connection they had, Jackson never experienced anything romantic with the gorgeous woman. Usually, they’d just goof off and get drunk. Especially after the talk he had with Rudy, where he swore he held no romantic feelings for her.

Jackson causally fitted on his leather jacket, his pleasant demeanor clear by the smile he had on his face. Stuffing a pack of cigarettes into his coat pocket, he moved out of his temporary room. The Porter house was as relaxed as ever, the November breeze brushing through the open doors. Jackson made his way down the staircase, looking to where Peter and Conor were standing.

“Evening, gents,” he said with a bright smile. Conor had seemed to pick up on his peachy tone, making it obvious that he was on his way to see Blake. Upon his joke about them being romantic, Jackson didn’t say a word - instead grabbing Conor by the face and pecking him on the lips. He didn’t even look to Peter’s shocked expressing, instead moving for the door while whistling a catchy Beatles song.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor) Bellz Bellz (Peter)
Mention(s): Bellz Bellz (Blake) Shireling Shireling (Rudy)

Conor Sullivan

1526092281763-png.438937
1538324792486-png.487273
Conor couldn't help but chuckle after Jackson had boldly grabbed his face to peck him on the lips. "Ahh, mate. I knew you still cared," he joked. "You enjoy your not-a-date and stay safe," he told him, making his tone a little more serious. He then looked to Peter and let out a deep sigh. "I'll never wash these lips again," he persisted.

Drawing his mind back to the fact he did have somebody already, he slowly nodded his head. "Yeah, I guess, I do," he agreed. He'd spent so long feeling an emptiness inside and he knew those closest to him had started to worry. They'd worried about his well-being but also about him simply getting drunk and pissing the cops off on a frequent basis. He hoped they were all as content as he now was.

"Hey, looks like we're both working on the same job tonight. We'll boss this. Though, it's been a while since we both worked together," he reminded him. His face then turned a little more serious. "How's Tinkerbell taking that now? I saw how upset she was back at Lucy's party, but looking at her now she seems cool with it all. And, I gotta admit, I was very surprised to hear about her shooting that bloke the other week." He acknowledged in his own head that he'd lost touch with Sinead over the last year and perhaps he didn't know her as well as he used to. Still, he had to voice his concerns about his little sister, even if he knew there was a good chance he was wrong. "I know everyone has been praising Tinkerbell for what she did, but I'm not. I think putting a gun in her hand is the worst thing we can do. She has a fragile mind..."

Bellz Bellz (Peter) Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Last edited:
Ciara Hennessy
1525978282175-png.438443
1538324993421-png.487275
Ciara grinned when Blake said the Porters were protecting her. "Well, isn't that sweet of them. But I guess that's where they fail. They care too much. Not just about themselves but any wounded animal who might come into their sights. Spin them some yarn about being an orphan and they'll adopt you while they're at it!" she bitterly remarked. She scoffed at mention of Porter having it out for her. "Eli is happy where he is and I'm not even forcing him to stay, so Porter can go fuck himself on that one. Besides, his brother is the only reason he's still alive and the only reason he continues to live. He'd do well to realise he's better off with Eli here." Ciara remembered Jared's words to her about steering clear of the Porters rather than continuing to antagonise them, but she found it difficult to stay away, considering she believed James was to blame for Michael's death. "Those idiots don't even realise Elijah isn't the only one of their family I have on side," she said, with a knowing wink. She had gradually accepted Kieran on side and hoped he too could provide her with useful intelligence on the Porters.

"Anyway, Blake. I'm just happy to know you're keeping safe and you've had some success. I'll let you go and enjoy the rest of your evening. Just remember to stay alert. The Porters aren't running this place because of ignorance or stupidity. They have more brains than I care to admit."

Bellz Bellz (Blake)
Mentions: Shireling Shireling (Kieran) Enzyme Enzyme (Elijah)

Last edited:
Kieran Joyce
Kieran Joyce.JPGEver since the club shooting, Kieran had been pounding the ground pretty hard trying to get any useful intelligence he could on the IWU. He kept a leather-bound notebook locked in his beside table and slept with the small key tied to the back of the crucifix necklace that he wore, even when he was sleeping. The journal contained a rough sketch of a tree graphic that outlined the IWU's chain of command from Ciara down, although there were a few holes. He knew who their union presidents were and where they worked, how many mistresses they had, or what kind of dog they had. He was a perpetual gadfly on the wall of any meetings that he was let into, but he attempted to make himself appear non-threatening by spending most of his free time asking the assorted union goons questions about their spirituality and by feeding Ciara useful bits that James had supplied to him, like, for example, the names of some low-level members in the organization and the locations of some of the Porters' less-important stashes.

That evening when the phone rang, he knew James would be calling about hitting the IWU's weapons supplies, and earlier that day he had caught a lucky break. He had overheard one of the more senior members of the organization allude to some "moving" taking place on Broad Street. He conducted his own investigation and noted that several trucks had been coming and going from what appeared to be a small cigarette factory, loaded with wooden crates that he suspected were not bundles of dry tobacco. That by itself was nothing, but the intensity of the security surrounding the place told Kieran that it was either their weapons depot or some other sort of important location for the organization. He suspected the former, as the trucks had come from the direction of the docks and he had thought he had seen crates with German Army markings on them, likely surplus Mauser rifles or submachine guns. He related all of this to James over the phone as he sat in his armchair, revolver in his hand and aimed slightly towards the door. The paranoia had only elevated since he had begun his work in the IWU, and he hoped that it would be over quick. Although, he admitted, Ciara was very determined and driven by her cause in an admirable way, it was an ignoble cause in his mind nonetheless.

"Alright James, that's all I have." He said in closing, "make sure your boys are ready. They've got a lot of people over there, and from the looks of it every one of them was packing heat." An audible thud came from a knocking on the door. "I've got to go James. Peace of the Lord be with you." The phone went back on the hook with a metal clunk and the line went dead.

Kieran advanced to the door cautiously. He had the revolver in his coat pocket pointed at the door as he slowly unlocked the bolt and peeled the door back...

"Your tea, sir." It was an elderly hotel attendant in a forest green uniform. The worry fell from his face.

"Yes, of course, come in please."

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James)

Rudolph Meyers
Rudy Meyers.jpgRudy made a gagging expression when Jackson pecked Conor on the lips, which bubbled over into a guffawing sort of laugh, a chortle more-like. Rudy, for his part, had been pounding the pavement. He was fairly surprised by Jack's admission that he had no romantic interest in Blake. She was a pretty pair of legs to Rudy, but not something he wanted to get mixed up in under these circumstances, and he was especially leary of letting civies into the organization. Still, if she just happened to fall in his bed, he wouldn't complain. In more practical terms, he had been getting around town in recent weeks. Someone suspected that it had been him who had donated a thousand Irish pounds at the last minute to keep a museum exhibit of Egyptian treasures from closing down and being sold to another museum in America, considering he had a reputation as a "confidential benefactor of the arts and histories." Other than that, he had been doing grunt work for the Porters: tailing targets, driving trucks, "breaking necks and cashing checks" as he liked to put it. He was unsurprised when James called him in for this meeting. He assumed it would be a big night, and he had prepared for it. He had brought a canvas bag in from the backseat of his Volkswagen, and set it down on the table as they walked in. Before James arrived, he took a device out of the bag and held it up for the other two men. It was small, roughly grenade shaped, and looked somewhat dangerous.

"This, gentlemen, I thought would do us some good for the op tonight. Wish we had these back in my Army boy days. These, are flashbangs." He tossed one to Connor. "It's like a grenade, except instead of exploding and killing people, it makes a loud noise and blinds them - just as the name would suggest." He leaned back in his chair and lit a short cigar. "That's if we go in hard and loud, bite the pillow so to speak," he blew smoke and chuckled, "for a quieter approach I thought I might rustle up some of these," he took a small metal cylinder from his coat pocket and tossed it at Jackson.

"It's a suppressor - not a silencer," he explained, rolling his eyes at the common mistake, "they're made to go on the end of a Sten. It won't make us completely silent, but it won't wake up the neighborhood if we have to pop one off."

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor) Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Peter Callahan
d314a987e7c6cf8a6d6efee2d54de064.jpg
Peter was one for fun and games and such and he was use to the crazy crew surrounding him at the moment. But his eyes almost fell out of their sockets as Jackson planted a kiss firmly on Conor's lips, "Aww come on!" Peter grumbled as he rolled his eyes and cringed awkwardly at the pair. "You two are so adorable its gonna make me puke." He teased, leaving it a mystery to figure out if he was serious or not about it. When Conor turned to him and confessed he would never wash his lips again, Peter made a face before let out a laugh. "I may just have to hold you down and wash them for you mate." He smiled. The conversation was then turned over to business for a moment, to which Peter nodded his head excitedly at, ready to take on some of the action for the night. His eyebrow raised as Conor brought up Sinead however, and her shooting Grant. Peter bit the inside of his cheek lightly to keep from saying anything at first.

He understood that Conor was just being a good older brother, protective. He also understood that at some point, Sinead was going to have to face the facts of life about the world they lived in. Through his constant reassurance, he hoped that after the shooting his wife was able to see that what she had done wasn't wrong in the slightest. "She has a fragile mind Conor but she is stronger than you know...if she could take on everything back in Chicago and come out of it 10 years later with a happy life, I think she could do it again. The only reason she has such a fragile mind is because for years she was enabled to be that way. Lucy was her own free spirit and to some degree that paid off a lot for her. Sinead needs the same freedom, to choose to be afraid or not...not people telling her she should be." The pointed look that was given Conor's way was one of understanding. Emmett had protected Sinead for so long that of course Conor wanted the same. "But I understand your side of things mate, she's being looked after and encouraged everyday. She is taking me working well now that we are supporting each other on new things 100%"
with: Conor Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Rudy Shireling Shireling
mentions: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme

Blake Walsh

Blake couldn't really react to the way Ciara spoke of the Porters. To the woman, she was sure that she thought they were pathetic in the way they did things, the sharing and caring lifestyle they lived...but Blake couldn't help but find it refreshing. For far to long, she had been doing business with selfish people who had selfish intentions. As the blonde stared at Ciara kindly, she couldn't really tell what the woman's intentions were now. In the beginning, they were noble and selfless...the table seemed to have turned. Blake nodded her head along as Ciara spoke about the strange dynamic going on between the Porter brothers. Blake had spoke with Elijah on only a few occasions and it was clear to her why he stuck around. A small smirk formed on her lips as Ciara finished up and informed her that she was free to go and enjoy her evening. Nodding her head she stood and made her way towards the door before stopping in her tracks. Biting her lips, she knew she may have been out of line for her own moral standards by saying what she was about to say. Turning slightly, she looked to Ciara. "The Porters have a lot of brains, but I think the one thing that can stand in the way of all that would be their hearts..." A knowing look would reveal that she was suggesting going after the obvious weakness they both saw in the Porters. With that, she stepped out of the office and towards home, ready to spend some time trying to forget about what she had just said.

***​
Blake-Lively-Marie-Claire-Photoshoot-July-2016-blake-lively-39753522-414-500.jpg
Guilt wasn't something she often admitted to feeling when caring out different jobs for different employers, but as she opened the doors to the local pub that was Porter owned, that's all she could feel. It was odd for her, having felt this way about people she was trying to expose. Tugging on the dress she wore, she wondered if her appearance was far too much for such a night out. The deep maroon colored dress flattered her nicely. She looked like she was going on a date...which wasn't the case in the slightest. Blake had to practice a great deal of self control when it came to her flirtatious banter with Jackson. The training was intense and long, and not because of everything he was having her do. The obvious tension between them was something that almost everyone else would have jumped on, both herself and Jacksons seemed to be at a stand still, not furthering involving themselves. The blonde had heard from one person or another of another man, Rudy, who seemed to take a liking to herself and although she wanted to entertain that thought as well. Getting involved with anyone associated with the Porters would be bad for business.

"Can I get 4 shots of whiskey please?" Blake asked the bartender, once they were served to her, she took them over to a table and waited for Jackson to arrive.

with: Jackson Enzyme Enzyme
mentions: Ciara Misty Gray Misty Gray

Conor Sullivan

1538324792486-png.487273
1526092281763-png.438937
Conor listened to Peter's explanation and reluctantly nodded his head. He supposed he didn't have much room for argument and that these days Peter knew Sinead much more than he did. "I suppose you could be right, Pete. I know we all shielded her a lot back in Chicago and that may have added to her being afraid of things now. I guess I still just see my little sister who often needed my reassurance and protection." He sighed. "And, I guess I miss her. We don't talk so much these days and I know she's been annoyed with me a bit lately for not spending time with her." Conor patted Peter on the back. "You just keep making her happy. I can't ask for more than that."

Along with Peter, Conor's attention was then drawn to Rudolph as she set a bag down on the table. Conor watched on as the man began showing them some of the weapons he'd brought along. He caught the flashbang that was tossed to him, a curious grin plastered on his face as the man explained its purpose. Contrary to popular belief, Conor had never killed another person. Seriously injured and maimed, for sure, but still no killings under his belt. As such, the weapon he was holding pleased him greatly. "Ah, now I do like this," he said, taking a close look at the grenade-like weapon. He then watched on as Rudolph tossed the suppressor to Peter. "I have to say, you've got some very clever toys, Rudy." He was aware this could turn out to be a dangerous operation based on the known details, which is why James mentioned other men who be available close by. But essentially, Rudolph, Peter and himself would be leading this one. The full details were yet to be discussed whilst James obtained all of the information he could.

Bellz Bellz (Peter) Shireling Shireling (Rudolph)

Last edited:
Eli Porter

tumblr_oasjbqap5n1rf5sfpo1_500.gif

Eli's broad shoulders pushed through the wooden doors, into the busy pub. Despite the feeling of being ostracized from the socializing around him, his stall, proud stature gave off the impression that he mine as well own the place. It wasn't really his scene, but Ciara had insisted on meeting here. As he walked through the thick crowd, he easily spotted Grant at the bar table with his friends, proving what kind of people this place attracted. He quickly adverted his eyes. He had no interest in socializing with the prick.

Grant had been vocal about Eli's disabilities in the past, but Ciara was always able to diffuse the situation. He would love nothing more than to break the bloke's neck, but he knew how essential the asshole was to the IWU's operations. He did his best to ignore the man, making his way to an open spot on the bar.

"Whiskey, plain and dry," He ordered the bartender as he tapped his finger on the table. While everyone around him laughed and drank, Eli just sat there with a passive stare. A part of him hoped a drunk would bump into him, giving him the excuse to sock them. The faster he was out of there, the happier he'd be. His eyes traced to the door, anticipating Ciara's arrival.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Grant)

Mention(s): Misty Gray Misty Gray (Ciara)

James Porter

1525975581923-png.438430
1538324754320-png.487272
Soon after James ended his call with Kieran, he'd received a call from Detective Donnelly to meet him so they could discuss the case relating to Tommy's parents. He'd agreed to meet, but the cop would have to wait a short while. James first needed to brief Peter, Rudolph and Conor about their job. James found the three of them in the hallway and he put on his own jacket as he spoke to them. "Alright, guys. You're up," he began, knowing they would have to act now before they lost track of the weapons. "The IWU are in the process of transporting their weapons from the cigarette factory on Broad Street. Their trucks have been coming and going, moving the weapons elsewhere. I need you to tail one of those trucks to find the new storage location. But you must keep your distance and wait it out until the right moment." James thought back to the time he'd discovered where Vinnie Romano had been storing explosives. He took it upon himself to blow the entire warehouse up and deprive the Italians of the lot. The last thing he'd wanted then was for innocents to be injured by the Mafia and right now he was trying to protect innocents from the IWU's crossfire. "They've got a lot of tough men on the job, so I've arrange for more of our own to cover your backs. Snipers and close-range alike." James decisively nodded before giving his last order. "I don't want you to touch or take any of their weapons. I want you to destroy them - destroy the place they're being stored, if possible. Anything that isn't ruined will be discovered by the cops when they descend on the joint."

Bellz Bellz (Peter) Shireling Shireling (Rudolph)

After briefing the others and answering any questions, James rushed out of the house. He wasn't sure how long he'd be busy with Donnelly, but he hoped he could join up with the others afterwards to assist them. He mentioned to the gate guard, Brian, that he was meeting up with the Detective, but would call for a ride from in town later. James left grounds of his home on foot and walked for a few minutes before the cop car pulled up alongside him and James got into the passenger side. He didn't like the cops, but he found the Detective to be more tolerable than most. The man's motives weren't filled by greed or bribes, he simply wanted what was best for the city and had realised the Porters held more power in securing that than the police force themselves held.

Once Donnelly had set off driving, James spoke up. "I didn't appreciate finding out a few of your guys at the station gave Tommy a hard time. He's a good lad and didn't need that shit. But, we have bigger fish to fry." Both men fell briefly silent as a random report of a burglary was heard over the police communications radio. Nothing that needed to concern the Detective.

"You told me Inspector Conway knew what happened to Thomas Dempsey's mother and he helped cover it up, as well as assisting in his father's death. But he's dead and I've found no evidence left behind that could help us." The Detective briefly glanced to James. "The Dempsey case first happened before I transferred to Dublin and I need you to tell me which of my present colleagues were involved. I need names... and a little evidence wouldn't be too much to ask for."

James smirked and nodded his head. "I can give you names, but a couple of them rank higher than you do, so you might decide to stay out of this one."

Ciara Hennessy
~ Grant Jones ~

1525978282175-png.438443
1538324993421-png.487275
Ciara had been been dressed and ready right on time to leave her apartment so she could meet Elijah at the pub. Just as she had been heading out of the door, Jared had arrived on the scene and demanded an update on the relocation of their weapons storage. The man was always more commanding than she cared for, but she knew he held strong influence within the IWU and he was best kept on side. She knew she would just have to keep things short and to the point as she hated to leave Elijah waiting.

Grant had been in the pub with a few other guys for a good hour before he saw Elijah enter the place. His eyes followed the man to the bar before he looked back to his friends. "I'm confused, though. You said he likes men, so how come he's so close to Ciara? Does he think she's a bloke too?" he asked, unable to grasp the concept of the man being bisexual. He sat back in his chair and decided to take advantage of Ciara's absence, intentionally speaking his next words loud enough for Elijah to hear him. "Well, I think it's irresponsible of this place to serve alcohol to the mentally deranged. The nutter's brain dead enough without alcohol adding to it!"

Enzyme Enzyme (Elijah)

Last edited:
Eli Porter

tumblr_oasjbqap5n1rf5sfpo1_500.gif

Eli kept his stare deadlocked on the booze case as the bartender slide him a glass of whiskey. Pressing the glass to his lips, he took a sip of the fiery alcohol without so much as a wince. He was ready to leave to a more secluded table as soon as Ciara walked through the door, but it appeared that wouldn't be the case. Grant's antagonizing words stuck like pins in his skin. Eli wasn't one to take insults well, especially from a reoccurring nuisance. He pressed his fingers to the glass and slid it away from him. Clearing his throat, he stood up from the bar stool.

His glass eyes slid to Grant, who sat just a few feet from him on the adjacent side of the bar. His face remained passive as he casually strolled to the other side of the bar. Stopping just in front of Grant, his gaze seemed to be fixated on the man's eyes, like a predator staring down it's prey. Eli's slurred speech presented itself, having somewhat of a milky tone to it. "That wasn't very nice..." Each word slowly escaped his lips, as his eyes refused to break contact with Grant's, even if it meant taking half-a-second to blink. In one slick motion, Eli brandished the Colt 1903 from the back of his waistband.

Eli stretched out his aim to Grant's head and fired off a single round before the vibrant crowd good react. The bullet made a distinct THWAP sound as it ripped a nickel sized hole right between Grant's eyes. The exit wound painted the wall behind them a deep maroon, the force of the hit sending Grant off of his stool. The whole pub fell dead silent, so much so that the shell hitting the floor could be heard on the other side of the room. "Not so funny anymore, is it?" Eli grumbled, lowering his handgun to his waist.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Grant)

Mallory Porter
dove-cameron-barely-lethal-costume.jpg
Mallory looked at the dress her Mam was looking at, a smile present on her face as she imagined her mother wearing in. “I think a different colour would be nice, it’s your wedding day so pick what you want to wear and who cares if it doesn’t stick to traditions, you can pull of anything Mam” she said with confidence in her voice.

While Mallory had been initially annoyed with both her parents after what had happened that night in the club, she had forgiven them over the last few weeks, even if she hadn’t said it to them in person. After what happened that night in the place Sinead had sang she had forgot all tension with what had happened with her parents, however she now felt more strongly about needing to protect herself. That shooting had proved they needed to know self defense, what happened if they decided to attack on another night they were out, while she knew how to fight, she knew she needed to know all the official techniques and how to use weapons and she needed to get her father or at least Conor or Jackson in private knowing one of the two would help her in secret if needed. Due to this knowledge and the fact that Adam had not been scared off her made it easier to forgive her parents for that event and argument.

When her mother suggested that they took a break, Mallory broke out of her thoughts and nodded “I wouldn’t say no to a coffee, maybe a little girl chat?” she suggested before moving over to link her mother’s arm as they walked, hoping this showed her mother that she was no longer annoyed with her

Bellz Bellz ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion

Alexandra and Michelle Romano
latest
Alexandra and Michelle had slept in that morning, surprising to Alexandra since Michelle was usually up before the sun came up. They then spent the majority of the morning/afternoon with Conor. Alex was glad to see how much Michelle had taken with her father and the rest of the family with that fact. Michelle loved all the Sullivans and Porters and had accepted them initially with Savannah now being her best friend . Alex had always been fond of the the Sullivans that she knew and after hearing so highly of Sinead she was eager to meet her, while never admitted, Alex had a soft spot for Sinead after she had stood up for her at the carnival, so she needed to talk to her aswell as Jackson.

Since Fallon’s death, Alex had not really had a moment with just her and Jackson and she planted the reminder in her mind, to get him to one side at some point so they could talk about her, maybe it would help the grieving.

She snapped from her thoughts as she felt someone approached her, Alex looked up and saw Sinead standing in front of her. A gentle smile playing on her face “hi Sinead” she greeted. She let Sinead speak, before speaking up herself “I’ve been meaning to try and talk to you” she admitted. “Look I just want to start by saying what I should have a long time ago so thank you for that night” she said hoping Sinead would remember what she was talking about “and also what happened in the club the other night I understand how hard something like that can bear on the mind, so if you ever need to talk about that to anyone you can always come to me, I won’t say a thing to them idiots outside” she said motioning towards where the lads had gone “and on that note, I am sorry for what my family has done to you and your family” she added as she bit her lip before allowing the smile to fall onto her lips “I just felt like I have needed to apologize to you all these years, you didn’t deserve what happened, none of you did, but I’ve said all my apologies and there’s no point dwelling on the past, so I would love to actually get to know you Sinead, the way Conor has talked about you all these years, I’ve been eager to meet you for so long”

Michelle had been walking down the hall when she heard footsteps approaching her. She raised an eyebrow and stopped in her tracks as she realized the footsteps she could her were actually running towards her. When Savannah turned the corner, Michelle grinned widely as her best friend came towards her “Savvy” she cheered happily “are you here to play?” She asked excitedly.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Mentioned: Enzyme Enzyme

James Porter and Ciara Hennessy

1525978282175-png.438443
At the sound of the gunshot, and for many, the sight of Grant's brains being blown out, pretty much all of the customers rushed out of the pub to safety. The bartender rushed to the back and dialled the number of the police, immediately informing them of the murder and giving the police Elijah's name.

It wasn't long before three cops cars were driven to the crime scene and a couple of officers rushed out of each vehicle. When they cautiously entered the pub, they saw Elijah standing at the bar, staring at Grant's corpse as he quietly finished his drink. The gun had already been thrown to the aside, but the cops still ordered Elijah to hold his hands up in the air to shown he was unarmed. Two of the cops quickly descended on him and grabbed his wrists so they could cuff his hands together behind his back. They read him his rights as he was led to the door and out of the pub.

Ciara had arrived in time to see the flashing lights of the cops cars. As she rushed towards the pub, she overheard a couple of guys saying Elijah had killed Grant. She ran to the entrance of the pub as Elijah was being led out. "Eli, no!" she shouted, clearly upset that he was being arrested. "Let him go. It wasn't his fault!" she argued. As one of the other nearby cops grabbed her arm to pull her away, she slipped her free hand inside her coat and grabbed the knife she was carrying. "Don't touch me!" she shouted before plunging the knife into the cop's stomach. Not just once, but twice, before being tackled to the ground by another police officer. As she was held down against the ground, the knife was snapped out of her hand before handcuffs were forced around her wrists too."You fucking bastards. You can't do this!" she protested, her eyes filled with tears.

1525975581923-png.438430
James never got chance to reveal the names Donnelly wanted as their conversation was interrupted as the call about Elijah came in. The Detective was clearly going to head to the scene, so James demanded he accompanied him. The drive to the pub was quick, with the Detective switching on his sirens and speeding to the scene. As he stopped the car, Donnelly turned to James and made it clear to him there was no chance Elijah could escape being locked up again. James already knew that would be the case, but being told so certainly confirmed it and he could feel the devastation inside of himself. So much so that he could practically feel his heart aching in his chest. "At least give me a couple of minutes with him. You owe me that much..." James firmly told Donnelly.

James got out of the car and approached Elijah. His attention was briefly drawn to Ciara who was nothing more than a crying mess on the floor to him. She deserved whatever was coming to her, as far as he was concerned. He looked back to his brother, but first addressed the cops who were holding him by the arms. "Back the fuck off for a minute, would you?" he snapped at them. Thankfully, the Detective backed him up and agreed for the cops let go of Elijah for now. They moved a couple of feet from the killer, keeping their guns in their hands should they need to react quickly.

James looked to Elijah, his own sadness clear in his face and his eyes. "Eli, mate. What happened?" he asked him, keeping his voice controlled for the moment. He froze for a few seconds, thinking of how his brother had saved his life just a few weeks ago. Generally, thinking of how he was going to lose Elijah again. Without warning, James suddenly wrapped his arms around his brother and gave him a tight hug. "I'm sorry... I don't think I can help you out of this one," he admitted as he struggled to hold back his tears.

Enzyme Enzyme (Elijah)

Last edited:
Jackson McCarthy

6367d477178a9ddd300cc908df3e1f0e--cannes-film-festival-jake-gyllenhaal-hair.jpg
Jackson hadn't bothered driving down to meet Blake, for the night would be a sham if he could drive himself back home by the end of it. As he pushed open the wooden doors, the beautiful blonde was easily spotted in the sea of drunken men. He checked his watched, causing him to shake his head. "How is it that you're always late to the range, but beat me to the pubs?" Jackson asked with a smile, raising his eyebrow. He took his seat opposite of her, observing the alcohol she had picked out for them. Full blown whiskey. "You know, Ms. Walsh. You never seem to amaze me." Most women Jackson knew could barely stand the smell of whiskey, let alone pick it out of a booze rack.

He rubbed his hands together, before looking up at her. He managed to overcome her facial features in order to stay professional, but her blue eyes were the one thing that to got him, and boy did they kill him. A smirk ran across his lips as he scooted his share of shot glasses to his side. "It's been three weeks of training, which is a lot of time to spend with someone. Yet, we still don't know much about each other. So, I figured we'd get that out of the way, combining it with something we both enjoy." He looked down to the brown liquid, which perfectly reflected his image. "We're gonna take turns asking each other questions. Every time you ask a question," Jackson raised the alcohol in the air. "You take a shot." He then tilted his head, seeing if this game was intriguing her as much as he hoped it would.

He smiled to her, before shrugging. "Since it's my game, I guess it's only fair that I go first." He sat for a second contemplating his question. "I'll guess I should start light. Where are you from?" With that, he slapped the glass on the top of the table and downed the shot in one swoop. Despite his experience with drinking, the bitter aftertaste was evident on his face.

Bellz Bellz (Blake)

Last edited:
Blake Walsh
Blake-Lively-Marie-Claire-Photoshoot-July-2016-blake-lively-39753522-414-500.jpg
Blake eyes lit up immediately as she spotted Jackson moving through the crowd of drunken men. Smiling widely at him, she chuckled at his question before sending him a wink, "That's because drinking is enjoyable, and doing something I'm already good at is boring...well, except drinking." Shaking her head at her confusing words, before she was silenced by Jackson's next words. Her blue eyes widened slightly and her cheeks turned a slight pink as she looked down at the table in front of her. Their eyes met and she could have sworn she saw something different in his eyes. He was a man with a plan it looked like and Blake didn't have a clue as to where he was going. Her eyebrows shot up as he suggested a drinking game to get to know one another, it had caught her off guard really. Normally she didn't let many people know about her own life, especially when the people were enemies of her temporary boss. Blake looked to the shot glasses and smirked at them for a moment, her own reflection staring back at her. If now was the time to take risks, it would be now.

"Creative! ask away." She said and leaned against the table lightly listening with great interest as he asked her his question. Smiling widely, she watched as he took the shot before biting her lip and humming lightly, hesitating to answer. "Belfast." She replied after a moment before looking at Jackson with a mischievous smirk. "I guess its my turn yes?" She asked lightly before tapping her finger against her chin as she thought about what to ask. As the question popped into her head Blake chuckled at herself. "Alright, I'm gonna kick the questions up a notch, What’s one thing people would never know about you just by looking at you?" Blake grabbed the shot glass and downed it in one gulp. She made a light noise at the taste of it before covering her mouth with her hand quickly and looking at Jackson, embarrassed

mentions: (Will reply with others tomorrow morning)

Sinead and Savannah Callahan

1525977460405-png.438438
1538324713370-png.487271
Sinead smiled when Alex said she'd intended to talk to her and went on to thank her for the night at the Halloween fair, all the way back in 1948. It really had been so long ago and the redhead briefly felt quite old as she thought about it. "That's okay. In that moment, it didn't matter that our families were at war. Those guys were hassling you and I couldn't just let you deal with them alone." She couldn't help but let out a dry laugh. "I remember I lied to them about Conor being your boyfriend so they'd back off. I'll always remember that, because it turned out that it hadn't actually been a lie!" she acknowledged, with a quick smile.

She sighed at mention of the club and shook her head. "Thank you. You'd think I'd be used to people attacking me and my family by now, but I don't think it's something that ever becomes normal, no matter how familiar it is." Alex then went on to apologise for what the Romanos had done to the Sullivans in the past. "You don't have to apologise on their behalf - you never did anything to hurt us. I know Vinnie was your father, but I can never forgive him for the terrible things he did." She blamed Vinnie for Angel's downfall too, believing he contributed towards and reinforced the man's evil side.

"I'd like to get to know you too. We should go out drinking sometime too. Do you like cocktails? I love cocktails!" she excitedly beamed. "I don't even know what's going on with you and my brother, but Conor seems happy again. Are you both properly together now?" she curiously asked. "I bet Michelle is so excited if you are."

alexa-jpg.402199
Savannah smiled brightly when she finally found Michelle, her cousin and now best friend. "Shelly! Yeah, I've come to play. Mum brought me over to find you and now here I am," she told her. Even though they were best friends, Savannah still had her little shy moments. She'd never had a best friend before and Sinead still wouldn't let her attend an actual school, so she couldn't meet other friends. She was so glad Michelle was her age and lived with the Porters now. "What shall we do? It's getting dark, so I guess we won't be able to play outside much."

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex, Michelle)

Last edited:
Jackson McCarthy

6367d477178a9ddd300cc908df3e1f0e--cannes-film-festival-jake-gyllenhaal-hair.jpg
Jackson rested the empty shot on it's head, sliding it towards the center of the table. "Belfast? City slicker," He said with a chuckle. Growing up in a poor, rough neighborhood, Belfast was considered a utopia to the locals. It didn't surprise him for a second that she was from there, for the standard of the city was perfection. He let out a chuckle at her reaction of the alcohol. Sticking his tongue into his cheek, he looked back up at her. "That I'm armed," he answered, moving to his jacket lining. As he opened it up, it revealed a holstered handgun pressed against his ribs. His smile widened, knowing that answer wouldn't satisfy her.

Jackson ushered over one the waiters, ordering the whole bottle of the original whiskey. "I'll match your question and raise it." He pulled the second shot glass closer to him, pressing his thumbnail to his lips. "Ah," he said, raising the glass to eye level. "What are you really about, Ms. Walsh? I know a rookie when I see one." He was sure he wouldn't get a serious answer, half kidding as well. Still, her supreme accuracy and handling of a firearm was a little too shocking. Perhaps there was more to this gorgeous woman than meets the eye.

After coating his throat with the whiskey, the process was easier to handle. He rocked his head back in one motion and rested the glass back on the table. Moving for the whiskey handle, he proceeded to fill back up both of their glasses. His eyes then shot back up to her, anticipating her answer.

Bellz Bellz (Blake)

Eli Porter

suicidesquad3jpg.jpg

Eli watched as Grant's once confident friends lost the color in their face and ran from the pub. They didn't even bother to look at Grant's corpse. Eli, on the other hand, stared down the man as if he were going to look back up at him. The loud sirens didn't faze him in the slightest. Instead, he laid the pistol on the counter and moved to finish the rest of his drink. Before he could, however, he felt the powerful hand of an officer force him onto the bar table. "My drink!" He exclaimed, trying to catch it before it smashed on the floor.

Eli marched down the steps of the pub with the police, only resisting when they put pressure on his cuffs. "Oi, you're hurting my wrists." The officers hardly seemed to care, pushing him towards the squad car. The crowd of spectators grew quickly, forming a circle around them. Eli didn't bother to look at any of their faces, until he heard James shouting from afar. He looked up at James just as his older brother embraced him. "They're going to send me back, James. I don't wanna go. Don't make me go," Was all he could manage to say.

The fact that he couldn't escape this fate terrified him. The worse part was, he knew he wouldn't be free forever. He felt the man's heavy hand force him into the back of the cruiser. His wide eyes remained on James. "I'm too fragile for this, mate. I'm too fragile." Before he could say another word, the door to the car was slammed in his face. The only thing obstructing his view of his brother was the bars on the window.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James)

ff6a66759bf57a232599a897ae67fc14.jpg

The events of Sinead's show were the main reason Ali locked herself up in her apartment. She was used to it, yes, but nonetheless it still shook her nerves. How a wonderful evening turned so sour so fast she would never know. But then again, she was living a life where that was bound to happen. For the next few weeks after the shooting, she would bury herself in her work and ways to protect her brother from the life he had been brought into. As much as she wanted to get out of the life, she knew she needed to be more invested in it. All the attacks on her second family were far too much and she wasn't going to sit on the sidelines and watch. A talk needed to be had with James at a later time.

Aliana was sitting at the bar of Sky Haven, biting her thumb. Her work was done for the day and she needed a stiff drink to calm her nerves a little. A lot was on her mind, including Tommy. Not hearing from him kind of sucked even when she knew he was locked up. She liked talking to him and being around him and not being able to do any of those things sucked. As she began to take a sip from her cup, she spotted him from the corner of her eye and jumped up, nearly breaking her glass as she set it on the counter. To say she was excited to see him, relieved even, was an understatement as she hugged him. "I was worried about you, are you okay?"

Mentions: Tommy ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

James Porter

1526304284502.pngJames bit his lip as if trying to contain his emotions. Elijah's words about not wanting to go back broke his heart. Almost everyone else saw a dangerous and mentally unhinged man who belonged behind bars. James just saw his little brother and the softer, more vulnerable side of him. He wasn't sure what words he could use to reassure him. He couldn't lie to him and tell him he wasn't going back. He was powerless. Elijah had saved his life just a few weeks ago and James was unable to do the same for his brother in return.

As soon as he let go of Elijah, the cops stepped in, dragging the man into the back of the police car. "Back the fuck off..." James snapped, but Donnelly stepped in to hold James back. James pushed the Detective aside and approached the vehicle. He saw Elijah looking to him through the bars of the window, but the driver set off before he could stop them. James clenched his fists as he turned back to Donnelly. "I'm coming to the station with you. You're going to get him out of this."

"No, you're going home, Porter. There's no getting him out of this one. No alibi. Dozens of witnesses..." Donnelly reasoned. "I'll drop you off at your place on my way to the station. You need to stay away for now, otherwise you'll only give him false hope or further agitate him."

James let out a deep sigh before relenting and following the Detective back into the car. He overheard some people mentioning that it was Grant who had been killed, which only made him angrier. Once they were on their way back to the Porters' residence, James spoke up. "You don't question him until his lawyer gets there. He'll be bringing Elijah's medication with him too. Make sure he takes them..." James said, for his brother's own well-being rather than to make life easier for the cops.

As soon as he got out of the car, James sought out one of his guards and sent them to pick the lawyer up then take him straight to the police station. He then headed into the house to give the lawyer a heads up. When he stepped out of his office, he walked through the house to sit out on the front porch. Though the there were people around the place, it seemed empty. The likes of Lucy, Conor and Jackson were all still out, and they were the first people he would go to whenever he eventually managed to admit to needing to talk. For now, he lit up a cigarette and knew he'd likely go through the whole pack before he was done thinking things over. He couldn't even find joy in Ciara's downfall. All he could think of was that he'd failed his brother. Though Elijah was always a loose canon, he still couldn't help but wonder if this wouldn't have happened had he finished Grant off when he had the chance.

Enzyme Enzyme (Elijah)

James is open for interaction.

Lucy Porter
Amber-Heard-at-Syrup-movie-and-Obakki-Acadia-coat-12601-p.jpg
Lucy was just about to suggest a little coffee shop down the street when she heard sirens coming from everywhere. Her eyes widened as she watched at least 6 cop cars speed down the street in front of her. Pausing in her step, she looked to her daughters for a moment and wondered if it was time to take them back home already. They had been out for a while already and as much as she didn't want to stop spending time with them, she knew all good things had to come to an end. Not yet, however. Biting her lip gently, she turned to her girls and smiled softly. "Alright, lets go get some coffee. Then I think it'll be time to head home for the night, there seems to be a little too much activity for my liking." She admitted to them before once again walking in the direction of the nearest coffee shop. Lucy had been so tense about the amount of police out that she hadn't even noticed that Mal had slipped her arm through her own, as if to signal that they were no longer on rocky terms. Before stepping inside the shop, Lucy stopped and pressed a kiss to the side of Mal's temple. "Its nice to be forgiven." Lucy murmured to her daughter before stepping through the shop doors.

The blonde was relieved to find the inside of the place was warm and not crowded in the slightest, which she enjoyed. Her eyes dodged quickly around the place, looking for things, any thing that could be a danger or threat, and an exit just incase something unexpected were to happen. Normally, she would have thought that it was ridiculous that she had to do such a thing, but now, there was no questioning it. The drinks were ordered and served quickly once they had gotten to the table and now Lucy was comfortably leaning back against the cushioned chair, sipping her coffee lightly. "So girl talk. Well...I'm not sure what that is nowadays..times seemed to be so much more simpler back then," Lucy felt a little old staring at her young and beautiful daughters, noting that she could remember when she was their age. "But. I just wanted to let you girls know that...I understand that it may seem like your father and I are too harsh on you. And that I also understand what it feels like to be locked up all the time. And I'm sorry that it has to be this way." Lucy had given a lot of thought to her children's arguments about being trained, and it was now coming to the point where she felt that she would rather have them be honest than sneak around. "Maybe, I can discuss training with your father again. I wasn't ready for it, you all to grow up, but I can't prevent you from making the choices you want to make. And I hope you never let a man do the same." Lucy pointed a finger at Mal before turning to point at Delilah.
with: Delilah ElectricDandellion ElectricDandellion ; Mallory neverbackdown neverbackdown
mentions:

Blake Walsh
Blake playfully glared Jackson's way this time as all he admitted to was being armed, which wasn't a surprise to her at all. Before she could admit that she too was carrying a weapon on her person, he decided that he was going to ask a deep question of his own. The question itself through her off guard almost immediately and caused her jaw to tense slightly. She wondered what the man was playing at now as she stared into his eyes for a long moment, not saying a damn word until she could find the voice to do so. It was times like this during her assignments that she felt true fear, the fear of being caught in the act. And so soon, Blake knew Ciara would kill her if she didn't succeed. Blake liked the woman but Ciara had a crazy side to her that Blake could not understand. She doubted her boss would be so understanding of her rookie mistakes.

Blake smiled lightly as Jackson commented on her shooting skills, causing her cheeks to blush as she looked down at her lap a moment. Luckily for her, the answer she would give Jackson would be an honest one for the most part. A fond smile found its way to her lips before she spoke, "My daddy fought back in WWII. Decided to bless me with the wisdom of combat and handling myself in situations that couldn't be handled by anyone else." Her father had done all those things and more for her, making sure that Blake was able to take care of herself. She was sure a lot of it stemmed from the fact that her own mother abandoned her at the age of 2 and was gone without a trace, never really having a female role model, her father tried to take on both. "So, I tried to tone it down for you..because really you and the Porters are so generously helping me. But I know a lot more than you think."

There was a silence between her answer and her question as she simply stared at Jackson a moment, her large blue orbs taking in every feature of his face a moment, seeing if he would press any further. When it was confirmed that he wouldn't, Blake sighed, "I miss him." Was all she said before pursing her lips as a question formed in her mind. "Do you miss her?" The question, vague on the surface had a much deeper meaning behind it all. Her eyes once again looked to Jackson, her whole body still as she awaited his answer, not even bothering to take a drink yet.

mentions: Ciara Misty Gray Misty Gray

Thomas Dempsey

1538324887235-png.487274
1525976672391-png.438433
As he approached Aliana, Tommy saw her jump out of her seat with excitement and dump her glass down on the counter. He made a point of intentionally looking over his shoulder, making the joke suggestion that she was perhaps happy to see someone else rather than himself. He couldn't act up for long as she gave him a somewhat unexpected, but certainly wanted, hug. He wrapped his arms around her and softly rubbed the top of her back. He couldn't help a small smile to hear she'd cared enough to have been worried about him. He pulled away so he could look to her face. "I'm okay, Ali. Cops at the station gave me a hard time but they couldn't keep me there for too long," he admitted. A crooked smile grew on his lips. "Not that I like knowing you were worried, but perhaps it was worth getting into trouble for welcomes like the one you just gave me," he remarked.

Tommy offered for her to sit back at the bar and he perched himself next to her. "Sorry for not being around. The whole thing just got me angry and James suggested I laid low for a little while; to stay away from anything that could involve the law and my desire to retaliate." He ordered a drink from the bartender before looking back to Aliana. "Enough about me, though. How are you getting on, Ali? I'm glad you got out of the club unharmed. I know Sinead had been really looking forward to having you there to watch her that evening... Someone needs to get rid of Ciara, once and for all," he said, with a sigh. "I'm just glad you didn't get hurt," he repeated himself, the relief evident on his face. "And what about Leo? Are you cool with him working for James?"

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Last edited:
Alexandra and Michelle Romano
180eaab85c3ef2a673defcdf7fdb83ca_400x400.jpeg
Alexandra let out a small laugh when Sinead mentioned the lie that she had used “I honestly thought you knew when you said that, I was abit stunned but at the same time Conor always spoke so highly of you that I wasn’t overly shocked either” she told her with a soft smile.

Alexandra bit her lip as she allowed a small frown to play on her lips “for us not being on the front line all our lives, It’s something you ever get used to, or forget” she agreed with a frown “but I suppose it has made us who we are or at least that’s what I like to think in that regard”

She nodded when Sinead told her she didn’t need to apologize and so decided to say anything else on that matter. Sinead was right, Alex had never done anything to hurt her or her family, well apart from punching Lucy but that was minor compared to what the Sullivans has suffered because of the Romano’s.

Alex grinned when Sinead mentioned going out “I would love to go drinking and yeah I love cocktails” she agreed happily, she bit her lip at Sineads next question but the smile remained present on her face. “I think so, we still need to have the talk” she admitted “but yeah Michelle is excited about and she thankfully has taken to all of you’s so quickly, even Shannon has taken to her” Alex laughed, a look of bewilderment on her face. “And Savannah is her best friend, I’m glad the girls get on”

Michelle grinned at Savannah when she said she was here to play “yay! Cause I was getting quite bored, it’s such a big house and there’s hardly anything to do” she said in an exaggerated tone but a cheeky smile played on her lips. “Oh I don’t know, maybe we could play hide and seek or “Michelle went silent as she tried to think of another game the two could play. “I don’t know is there anything you want to play?”

Misty Gray Misty Gray

(Mallory post after work)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back