• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Draconic Dawn [OOC]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Technically, I'd see it that way. But since they're dynamic is such that they're so closely bonded, and they identify with their person as a unit, I would also say they're technically not.

This is a unique case. I will side with what Mira wants, but I do see it as, at least, a single set, and it would be fun to have two. :P

I'm still in this, I hope. I'm sorry, guys. I got loaded down with homework over the weekend. I'll try to finish my CS tomorrow (Monday), if not, then Tuesday.

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

In my humble opinion, having at least one other may help develop character better, and it gives an option to kill a char without rendering a player characterless so quickly. It also helps to keep to the 100+ word goal. Sometimes, and even in professional books, a character doesn't have much to say or do beyond a single line worth of writing.

I support your decision in the end, ofc. :)
Even if I were to allow you to create another pair of dragon and character, you'd still need to post at least 100+ words per pair.
Technically the dragon counts as a character too, doesn't it?
Yeah, considering you already play both dragon and character, both of which can be fleshed out immensely with their own personalities and thoughts, one pair will remain the limit for now. If one of the pair dies later on, you will be able to recruit a new rider/dragon of your design. Preferably of a similar skill level to the original.
I'm still in this, I hope. I'm sorry, guys. I got loaded down with homework over the weekend. I'll try to finish my CS tomorrow (Monday), if not, then Tuesday.
No worries, it happens, I've literally had three tests to prepare for over the weekend and now I'm exhausted. You'll still have a chance to catch up once the roleplay starts anyway.

xrakkax xrakkax I like the idea of Shirus breath ability, but I'd need you to come up with a drawback to it.

Last edited:
MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

Drawbacks:
Doesn’t have a standard breath of its own. When the breath it consumed fizzles out it is rendered breathless.

Vulnerable to any breath it isn’t currently using. Normally dragons aren’t harmed by their own breath (I assume, but I will correct if I am wrong), and that would be true for Shiru, but only as long as he has that breath. When he doesn’t, he’s then susceptible to harm by all types of dragons breath.

Shiru will have the drawbacks of any breath it consumed. So a lot of people chose fire as their dragons breath. Any drawbacks that element has, Shiru will have.

*On that note, I will need to ask what the drawbacks of their dragons breath are, if at any time my dragon eats the other players character dragons breath.

Last edited:
MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

I figured 3 drawbacks was a healthy balance. This is aside from any drawbacks to everyone eleses breath. I don't see a section to describe weaknesses for them, but I assume at least 3 weaknesses for fire-breath to each player characters dragon, so that would technically be potentially 6 drawbacks at one time.

I've been pretty swamped with work as of late, so I'm going to postpone this roleplay to a later date. I had a pretty solid plot line ready as well as many scenarios to throw at you guys later on, but I'd rather do it when I can more comfortably manage and write everything without being stressed/overwhelmed by it. Thanks for showing your interest, will let you guys know when I start it up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back