• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy A Draconic Dawn [OOC]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
FIRST POST!
So, anyways.... cough. Psionics or Psychic stuff.

Would you consider that a form of magic, a different thing altogether, or even applicable to this RP?

FIRST POST!
So, anyways.... cough. Psionics or Psychic stuff.

Would you consider that a form of magic, a different thing altogether, or even applicable to this RP?
To be perfectly honest I don't know much about that kinda thing, or what it directly involves. I did try looking it up but most answers were very vague. Did you mean something along the lines of telekinetic/telepathic powers? Since it seems like it would be give me a headache thinking about it, I would prefer you not to use it, unless you have a deep desire to. Then I'll try my best to comprehend and include it.
Hello! Feel free to share your character ideas and what you're thinking here ^^ A few have already PMed me with their ideas, but don't hesitate to share them here unless you'd like to keep it secret for now.

Pure, DnD Wyverns, if they could think... Giants... I have a couple more I forgot.

But mainly giants.

It's ok.
I know you meant you meant people who matter, not worthless giants that are stuck in a caste system.

So I can't help but notice Edward is the only guy around so far. Also, question: say the dragon or the person it's bonded to dies, what happens to their mark? Does it stay or disappear?

So I can't help but notice Edward is the only guy around so far. Also, question: say the dragon or the person it's bonded to dies, what happens to their mark? Does it stay or disappear?
If one of the bonded pair dies, the other is hit with a deep sense of loss due to their spiritual link being broken, and typically enter a long period of mourning to recover. They are left with the mark from the broken bond, but it fades as the owner begins to forget/lose clear memories of their lost partner. Although it is uncommon, it is therefore possible to have multiple bond marks on ones body, from lost partners and the mark of their current partner.

I also added this to the lore for future reference.

Last edited:
MiraAutumn MiraAutumn - Ello, been thinking about what I may do for a character and a dragon. I was just wondering about dragons - and there seems to be a very wide area for what dragons can be and what they can look like. I would like to ask about Dragon magic, and 'magic' that was made to effect or augment them. To clarify, can dragons do magic or learn it, and then - can a person make magic (or has it already been created) where the person's magic either makes the dragon stronger, gives them more abilities or aids them in some other way. I don't mean like healing a dragon, but more like - taking the natural aspects of the dragon and making them greater. Maybe an wind-dragon's rider has a spell that makes their dragon fly faster, or a fire-dragon's rider has a spell that can make the fire last longer, or burn brighter. A sort of symbiotic style of magic, if you will that requires both sides. Beyond that - I look forward to seeing what the others are gonna get up to.

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn - Ello, been thinking about what I may do for a character and a dragon. I was just wondering about dragons - and there seems to be a very wide area for what dragons can be and what they can look like. I would like to ask about Dragon magic, and 'magic' that was made to effect or augment them. To clarify, can dragons do magic or learn it, and then - can a person make magic (or has it already been created) where the person's magic either makes the dragon stronger, gives them more abilities or aids them in some other way. I don't mean like healing a dragon, but more like - taking the natural aspects of the dragon and making them greater. Maybe an wind-dragon's rider has a spell that makes their dragon fly faster, or a fire-dragon's rider has a spell that can make the fire last longer, or burn brighter. A sort of symbiotic style of magic, if you will that requires both sides. Beyond that - I look forward to seeing what the others are gonna get up to.
Ello ello, to answer your inquiries, a dragon cannot learn magic like humanoids can, since they are/were naturally strong enough without it(fearsome claws, teeth, hardy scales, horns, etc). They also already have an inherent element which they can expell in a powerful breath. Although mages can already augment their dragons abilities indirectly, for example summoning/dispersing wind to allow faster movement or creating flames at the same time as the dragon unleashes their breath, I do like your idea of a seperate magic type based on a bonded relationship. However I'm not sure if I want to boost the benefits of a bond further, or introduce it straight away. Perhaps later on in the roleplay your characters can discover this new magic for the first time?

So when does the rp start?
I'm planning on giving a week deadline since I made the threads(so we'd start on Tuesday) due to a wip character in the cs thread and others that have asked questions but haven't made a character yet. Just noticed that the wip in the cs thread has been deleted though.

Fair enough. Speaking of characters though, when will we be seeing yours? I imagine you have your reasons for not revealing any just yet, but I think it would help the others with their cs if they saw one of yours. Follow the GM's example, y'know.

Fair enough. Speaking of characters though, when will we be seeing yours? I imagine you have your reasons for not revealing any just yet, but I think it would help the others with their cs if they saw one of yours. Follow the GM's example, y'know.
I wasn't planning on having a formal 'main' character, since I will be playing the majority of the NPCs(the training instructors, other trainees, etc). When information about them is revealed IC, I may make a collective NPC CS for them, but thats still to be decided.

Hello! Your RP sounds quite interesting! Is there a limit on how many characters we can play?
For now the limit is one character per user, although quite a few people have asked me this seperately so I wonder if I should increase it to two per user? It may be a while before you can introduce a second character afterall, thoughts?

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

In my humble opinion, having at least one other may help develop character better, and it gives an option to kill a char without rendering a player characterless so quickly. It also helps to keep to the 100+ word goal. Sometimes, and even in professional books, a character doesn't have much to say or do beyond a single line worth of writing.

I support your decision in the end, ofc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back